What's Your Main Reason For Downs / Ending Games?.

What's Your Main Reason For Downs / Ending Games? Is it boredom, Lapse in Concentration or Doing something out of Stupidity? Just thought I'd put this out there to people and run a poll on it.

I like to think that I am an improving Zombies player and last night I made Round 38 on Solo on Die Rise, with my first down at Round 37. How did I down myself? Stupidly, despite having all 6 perks and having a great strategy setup, I was still trying to get 100% accuracy on a Jumping Jack round. I hadn't got the Galva-knuckles so was still using the bowie knife, got cornered and downed.

Other things that I've done in the past is change my running path/course just to get a pickup, rather than waiting to get round to it and then get swarmed by the chasing pack / zombies that are spawning in.

Just thought I'd see how I stack up against other players.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In public, dumbass teammates and trying to revive them most of the time. In solo, boredom a majority of the time, especially tranZit. That's why I've been playing mostly Die Rise and Nuketown lately. On those maps I can get into the mid to high 30's and then I get downed in the most ridiculous ways.

None of the above:

I never go down out of "boredom".

I always concentrate on the game.

I've played this game hundreds of times.

I know the map inside and out.

I don't take stupid risks. The only risks I take really is reviving.

Most of my downs come from mistakes. That's all. I'll get into a situation where I mess up. I get stuck while running my circle. I get overpowered when trying to revive someone. They're not stupid risks; there was no risk to them. I just failed in a task. I'm human. It happens.

I would say death glitch, lag, and maps being extremely boring. I've had black ops 1 in my xbox for almost 2 weeks now and haven't even swapped it yet. Waiting to see if the next map actually rewards teamwork and they actually incorporate some new things to do in the maps... Traps, turrets, ect... My hopes aren't very high though.

I am a team player and I like a challenge, so I will often times foolishly try to revive someone.

Other times I just forget that I don't have Jugg and get too liberal with the hits I take.

Rarely I get cornered, but that's usually due to another player disrupting my hordes' flow, or brining another horde in at the worst possible time.

Most of my downs come from mistakes. That's all. I'll get into a situation where I mess up. I get stuck while running my circle. I get overpowered when trying to revive someone. They're not stupid risks; there was no risk to them. I just failed in a task. I'm human. It happens.

Pretty much the same with me. Sure, there is the odd time the game will crash, or I get severe lag playing online which kills me. But most of my downs are easily avoidable, yet I don't seem to avoid them. I could easily reach round 50+ regularly on solo, but I never have yet because at some point in my game I will get cornered or fall off a building by making a simple mistake. So frustrating.

Either a quick breakdown of concentration that is just enough to leave me surrounded, over confidence and attempts of fancy chain methods normally not used, or there's been the occasional time where I've been downed rushing a power up. But for the most part I just break concentration and make the wrong move. Never allowed myself to die out of pure boredom. I value the work I put in more than that.

That's solo. More often than anything else on multi, I go down in attempts to revive my teammates. I HATE being left to die, so I have a habit of doing whatever I can to save teammates, not just cause I hate having it happen to me so much, but because I benefit more from having my mates up.

Tiredness or cockiness, almost everytime.

The other way is overdoing it, and not taking enough breaks.

Like chaining every single round in the 60s on Die Rise, like a maniac. I can do it for maybe an hour tops at full speed, but no-one alive can concentrate that much for too long, when it's all reactive.

You can do the same hoard over and over again, like in BO1, but in a reactive situation it's just not possible. Would be like doing one NML run which lasts an hour, nonstop.

Anyone who says they only die through lag or disconnects is not as good as they think they are, but are trying to give the impression they are God like.

Why is there no option for 'bad programming/game errors'?

I constantly rewatch games just to make sure that there wasn't a valid reason for my death. I am always happy the 15% of the time that I didn't die to a glitch in the game.

Oh, that is if theater works; i find it rather suspect that games end for no reason and then my attempts to see what went awry are thwarted by the fact that that game doesn't ever appear in recent games. Why? It was online, solo, i stayed online after the game...so why does it vanish after a game of unexplained deaths?

Die Rise alone, almost every game ends to the ubiquitous slide glitch eventually.

I actually applauded yesterday in one game where I actually died legitimately in a zombie game. What a rarity.

Well, as unreliable as theater is, it does clearly show most zombie deaths are due to errors in the programming. So I am happy with it usually.

I lose concentration and get cocky in the high 30s low 40s. I start thinking I'm invincible and when that thought comes into my head I tell myself I need a break or I know a down is coming soon.

another stupid mistake is waiting till the last second to get a nuke or max ammo or some other perk. I just now have trained myself to just reload and get it as soon as it drops, not worth the risk.

also when I'm trying to cut short the amount of play time (like a jump across skyscrapers on die rise or jumping over lava pits on tranzit w/out jug) I try to tell myself is it worth the 2 minutes I save chancing that I fall to my death from this jump.

I constantly rewatch games just to make that there wasn't a valid reason for my death. I am always happy the 15% of the time that I didn't die to a glitch in the game.

Oh, that is if theater works; i find it rather suspect that games end for no reason and then my attempts to see what went awry are thwarted by the fact that that game doesn't ever appear in recent games. Why? It was online, solo, i stayed online after the game...so why does it vanish after a game of unexplained deaths?

Die Rise alone, almost every game ends to the ubiquitous slide glitch eventually.

I actually applauded yesterday in one game where I actually died legitimately in a zombie game. What a rarity.

Well, as unreliable as theater is, it does clearly show most zombie deaths are due to errors in the programming. So I am happy with it usually.

So arrogance then? Seriously bro, anyone who says they only die from glitches is a liar.

I constantly rewatch games just to make that there wasn't a valid reason for my death. I am always happy the 15% of the time that I didn't die to a glitch in the game.

So arrogance then? Seriously bro, anyone who says they only die from glitches is a liar.

He didn't say he only died from glitches, he said he mostly dies from glitches. It's hard to believe the accounts of anybody who claims to be good and doesn't have videos to back it up, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he was telling the truth. I've had my fair share of Die Rise games end due to stupid glitches (though it's definitely not my #1 cause of deaths).

Haha! No. I have no problem with legitimate deaths at all. I just won't accept blame for things that can be reviewed in theater to confirm a game error. I really was surprised it wasn't a listed reason.

Obviously I don't mind a little hyperbole. Realistically though i would put game error at 50-75% of my deaths; either due to a glitch or a direct result of having to deal with it.

Example: getting backed into a corner on round 2, nothing to worry about...until that closest zombie takes 5 stabs to die, so then I actually get pinned by the others. So the fail hit detection didn't kill me, yet I died as a direct result of said failprogramming. Check theater from every angle: clearly landed shots give up no blood or points, meaning the game (once again) failed to register hits (in a Treyarch game? No!/ obvious sarcasm). Remember bo? The worst cod to date?

So, I don't only die from glitches, but it would be nice to keep game error deaths under 50%, which appears impossible.

Just fyi, I am one of the most honest folk you will ever meet (though we haven't met). I have no issue yelling at myself if I am missing or do stupid crap and die from it, but being honest is a two-way street; I check theater after games to confirm whether it was a glitch or me...and it is usually a game error.

Slide glitch has lost me more Die Rise games than any other reason.

Thanks for the humorous response though. I laughed.

Edit: as to whether I am good or not: i am 43, blind in one eye, myopic as heck in the other with a spine so bad that I must lie on the floor to play. This after working all day and getting a bit intoxicated. So I do okay, but should be worse: I am usually the greatest 40+ old zombie player anyone knows.

Gt: Unmazing look at my theater to judge yourself. 61 killed self sliq game. 25 running dragon roof solo, no sliquifier. Often kill myself on round 30+ because I need to go to sleep. So, people here blow me away, but I beat the average zombie scrub. I play well, strategize better and am easy to get along with.

Honest. :)

I die only because of lag or the map glitches like on Die Rise.

I have died of boredom though but I'd have to be at high round for that.

So with no lag or glitches you would still be going on your first game of zombies? impressive :roll:

My first game? My first game I would die because I don't know the map very well.

With no lag or glitches trust me I am an invincible player when I play my best. :)

But I make mistakes too, usually when I try to save someone.

Edit: Sorry I didn't mean to sound arrogant. It just seems lately the only things I die from are the lag or map glitches. I die and make mistakes too. But if you're good, why hide it? Show everyone the zombie slayer you are. That's why you guys put your rounds your proud of in your signature right? Haha

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/83 ... 0001e.jpg/

Iv went down or died many times just because I'm to busy talking about the story line and distracting myself by conversing about certain events, history, or even a conspiracy theory.

I just get so excited to share and learn new info that ill slip up and...*smack*..*SMACK*... Its only round 3 I'm hearing "Really!?" And in response I continue the discussion. depending on the people some people understand.