What Are Some Ideas You've Made On The Forums That Treyarch Implemented, Or That You Predicted Correctly?

Every so often when a new map comes out, I hear people say "hey, that was my idea! I made that idea months ago on the forums and now treyarch is using it!" Or alternatively, you might have just predicted a plot element correctly. These are the moments that fill us with pride and remind us that treyarch take feedback from the community, specifically CoDz.

So tell me, what ideas have YOU contributed to the game?

I feel like this might end up bringing back some awesome theories and posts from our senior members. Still even fresh faces have good ideas! In fact, try to copy/paste your old post if you can.

I personally think I contributed to the Ghosts / Witches in Buried. (Lol sorry.) here's the original post, made during the off-season between black ops 1 and 2.

New idea along the lines of a point stealing enemy!

Story: a massive group of people were going to use a secret u.s. mass teleporter but it shut down as they were using it. They are now stuck halfway between our world and aether.

SHADOWS

these deal no damage but are a real pain in the ass. They glide around you like dark shadowy ghosts, and then randomly dash towards you. They pass right through you, taking a certain amount of points.

They have about the health of wave 10 zombies and their health never increases as the rounds go by. They come from every shadowy place on the map, creeping out while moaning. When they attempt to steal your points they let our a bloodcurdling scream.

When you shoot them enough until they "die" they disperse like a gas. If they steal your money they also disperse. If you kill all of them without losing a penny you get a max ammo and a perk bottle. This will be hard as they come from all around, and cornering yourself will do no good as they can travel through walls.

They will be the easiest in 4 or 8 player mode because you can stand back to back to back to back and take them down a few at a time. This will require teamwork, unlike hellhounds where there is always that one wise guy who goes off alone and cries for you to revive him when he gets cornered. If that happened here he would simply end up flat broke. Who would there be to whore the box then? Tragic.

They themselves don't really have a defined firm so any hit marker on them gives 10 and any kill gives 60 points. I'm not sure whether they will have heads, but maybe for multipliers you can shoot at their core or soul or something, giving you 100. Oh yeah, and the more rounds go by the more points they steal. For example, on the first round that they appear they can take 200 points per attack. The next time maybe 500. You get the point. Obviously more come as rounds go on and more come if you are playing with a larger number of people.

If you suck enough to let them completely rob all players (jk), they laugh maniacally and disperse on their own. It is likely that much swearing and yelling will ensue at this point. Don't worry, you still get a max ammo. Even so, the next few round are probably going to be hard, do this is a sort of make it or break it round.

Note: I don't mean treyarch are plagiarizing our ideas. By posting them to the public you are making them available for use. Don't post asking for a paycheck from treyarch please. Thanks. :)
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that definitely sounds familiar! Nice one. I posted this in a wishlist type thread on another forum back in May 2010, (shortly before I found CoDz I think.)

"How about having an electronic door/gate which has to be opened by pulling four levers, but.. The levers are in four seperate rooms and they have to be pulled simultaneously. "Easy" you say? There's more.. When the levers are pulled the door/gate opens but at the same time shutters come down that isolate each of the players in their rooms where they must each deal with three or four windows until the shutters open after three to five rounds and they can regroup and advance through the newly opened door/gate..

This is the sort of thing I'd like to see. Along with incentives to make players strive to get to later rounds.. I.e. A door that will only open once you reach round 30, and inside it is a nice shiny new gun and.. The Stopping Power Cappuccino Machine!"

I know it's a huuuge long shot, but I like to think that just maybe someone at Treyarch read it and moulded the multiple lever idea into the multiple switches that open the stairs to the Pack-a-Punch machine on Shangri-La.

My main ideas were on another forum, when I was good at that sorta thing lol. My main accomplishment would be Nuketown Zombies. I know no one is going to believe me of course, but I can try to find a link so I can show you guys. Anyways, on this forum I was listing a bunch of zombies maps ideas, and NTZ was on there. My idea was slightly different tho. I wanted two teams of two to start in the backyard of each house, but I guess they couldn't rip me off completely lol. I have others from that site, but I don't wanna go looking for them all, since it's from way back in the past lol

I have three. One, I called the Thunderguns the Thundergun Mark I, II, and III. And then we get the Ray Gun Mark II.

Another, I predicted we'd go to Agartha, and made a map idea on it. In the game, we never actually see Agartha, but the game literally ends when we approach it. So I say close enough.

Three, after Mob of the Dead, it could easily be seen that everything might've been a cycle. So Origins wasn't exactly a surprise in that regard.

I'm not saying I made that happen, but I thought it was kinda interesting to be close. However, some things I don't think any of us could have predicted.

I wrote something in the Asylum about the British Industrialization and how we may end up in a mine or mineshaft in the future. I predicted that the mine would actually be in Britain because that's where the last Watt's Steam Engine that I talked about in my post was located. So I was right about the whole mine thing but was off on the actual location. Still, I'm pretty proud that I did that much.

Here's the thread for those who are interested:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/153206-could-britain-be-our-next-stop/

Always wondered on here and other forums why we couldn't drag crawlers with us when they started making them bleed out faster, then Buried came out and Big Guy could pick them up, close enough.

I'm still waiting on tactical insertions on zombies though, tombstone is kinda close but not really.

I made a YouTube video just after the release of Black Ops II where I talked about what potential future maps we'd get. I said one in China, one in Africa,one in Europe, mentioning France specifically, and one in South America.

Not long after Die Rise came out. Set in China.

DLC3 contained the lovely Buried. Set in Africa.

And then finally Origins. Set in France.

The only map I didn't predict the location of was Mob of the Dead; but who likes that map anyways :P

I know it's not much, and mostly down to luck, but still, I'm pretty proud of it :D

-Jolteon

i always assumed for the finale for zombies we were gonna use weapons based off the 4 elements...i was close. this was before bo2 and before i discovered the awesomeness of codz forums.

Not that I thought of it, but it almost seemed obvious.

- Wünderwaffe DG2 - Lightning Staff

- Thundergun - Wind Staff

- Winters Howl - Ice Staff

- Fire Staff?

A bit vague, but I always thought we were gonna get an acid-based WW.

Acid Gat and Vitriolic Withering are in.

Kino Der Toten ~ "Brimstone to Damnation"

They haven't implemented any of my ideas.... yet.

One thing I loved about black ops 2 was the theater, but for long games it was really painful trying to fast forward, so I would encourage treyarch to keep the theater, but have more "landmarks" if you will that you can skip to.  So basically significant events (that people may want yo upload or edit) like turning power on, Buying perks, completing an EE step.   basically so you can skip to those times quickly and easily.   I am all for further expanding the Theater and Stats tracking aspects of zombies

I'm not saying I made that happen, but I thought it was kinda interesting to be close.

I'm glad you said this. That's what this thread is about, not taking credit for stuff. :)

One idea I had was that we'd get a wonder weapon with no ammo and a cool down time instead. My idea was more similar to the Paralyzer than the Jet Gun (which isn't actually a wonder weapon anyway.) the idea was essentially the same as the paralyzer, but stylized differently. It would have been covered in mirrors and fried zombies with a beam of light, paying homage to Tesla's death ray.