Let's Get Something Straight Here

So, in Buried there is this new "guy". What is his name? He doesn't seem to have one from what we can tell.

What do you want to call him? You can call him whatever you want, as long as you realize that your way isn't the right way.

So, before anyone wants to begin some more crap like people did with the Bus Driver, calling him the made-up name, "TEDD", at least be educated about it.

The closest thing we have to a name right now is "the big guy", "buddy", and "Huckleberry". Keep in mind that Huckleberry is NOT his name, it is a reference to Huckleberry Finn.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, in Buried there is this new "guy". What is his name? He doesn't seem to have one from what we can tell.

What do you want to call him? You can call him whatever you want, as long as you realize that your way isn't the right way.

So, before anyone wants to begin some more crap like people did with the Bus Driver, calling him the made-up name, "TEDD", at least be educated about it.

The closest thing we have to a name right now is "the big guy", "buddy", and "Huckleberry". Keep in mind that Huckleberry is NOT his name, it is a reference to Huckleberry Finn.

nah that's not a reference to huck finn, it's referring to the quote from the movie Tombstone.... but i agree with your point, nobody get mad if someone isnt calling him the same name that you do, just be clear that this is who you're referring to

Something that isn't expressly named can be named freely. However, since we call the Die Rise critters "Jumping Jacks" based on developer commentary, and that name isn't actually mentioned in-game, we should follow the same guidelines here. If the guy really was referred to as "Sloth" by developers, then i think that's the best name we have for him.

I know people who call him Leroy because he Rushes and attacks sporadically, just like...

LEEROOOOOOOY

JEEEEEENKIIIINS

Something that isn't expressly named can be named freely. However, since we call the Die Rise critters "Jumping Jacks" based on developer commentary, and that name isn't actually mentioned in-game, we should follow the same guidelines here. If the guy really was referred to as "Sloth" by developers, then i think that's the best name we have for him.

I know people who call him Leroy because he Rushes and attacks sporadically, just like...

LEEROOOOOOOY

JEEEEEENKIIIINS

I have called him "BIG GUY" and sometimes I slip up and call him brutus or george...

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Leroy_(Buried)

I want to make you all aware of something.

^ DO NOT BE TAKEN FOR FOOLS. DO NOT BELIEVE THESE LIES. ^

You can make up your own name for him. But do NOT let those idiots LIE to you, saying that that is his name! Call him whatever YOU want. I'm calling him "the big guy".

I call him leroy just for an excuse to do the ol' LEEEEERRRROOOOY JEENNNKINS... thingy

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Leroy_(Buried)

I want to make you all aware of something.

^ DO NOT BE TAKEN FOR FOOLS. DO NOT BELIEVE THESE LIES. ^

You can make up your own name for him. But do NOT let those idiots LIE to you, saying that that is his name! Call him whatever YOU want. I'm calling him "the big guy".

I call him leroy just for an excuse to do the ol' LEEEEERRRROOOOY JEENNNKINS... thingy

That's fine. Call him whatever you want. I just can't stand someone going "This is his name!" when it is a complete lie. If it were true, that's another matter. But it isn't.