Your biggest enemy?

Having played this game for years, I have traveled a long way from my Olympia days. With that said, I still have a glaring achilles that tend to bother me. I know exactly what it is and how to neutralize it, but I just can't seem to shake it.

My biggest enemy? Myself, and the thought of "I can do it.

In the back of my mind, I knew I shouldn't have, yet too greedy to not knife one last time.

In the back of my mind, I knew I shouldn't have, yet too greedy to pass up Bowie for jug.

In the back of my mind, I knew I shouldn't have, yet too greedy to expose myself during fire sale.

In the back of my mind, I knew I shouldn't have, yet too greedy to not get that double point.

I have long learned to play it safe and play it smart, yet we all cross that line of safety once we get comfortable with our game. When I first started doing the telepad strategy on NML weeks ago, I pretty much PAP and get jug almost everytime with a decent start. Now I try to squeeze in one more quick knife here and there. Yesterday I spend an hour on NML but didn't PAP once. I started pulling crap thinking "I can do this."

Who is your biggest enemy?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting stuck in corners, I'll be training zombies, and then make a turn, and usually ending up in me getting myself surrounded up against a wall or corner and downed.

and the god damned Mud on Origins oh my god, I know that at least half of my deaths have come from that mud, it's such a speed trap that slows you down, you can't outrun Zombies in it, and spawns are so chaotic you can't get away in time.

Origins: the nuke, trench between 6 and 4., trench from workshop to dig site.

Buried: boredom.

Jail: trying to get as much as possible done in a timely fashion.

Die Rise: elevators, falling to my death like a derp in the Buddha room.

Transit: zombies spawning in the space between crowds of zombies.

Auto weapon switch. Fn auto weapon switch...

10 foot wide gap that i can't get through...

Last zombie succeeding in killing itself off despite my best efforts to protect it.

And: your sign in status has changed.

My toe + either power or drawer button.

Edited by 83457

On another note, I think that common social interaction fights against zombies as well, 

naturally, from years of walking through crowded halls, we think that walking into a crowd won't stop our momentum entirely, we just walk through the people, this is NOT the case in zombies which form a barrier of pain for us to fail to run through on instinct. 

Great topic

First of course ego is a big one. Theres always that "I got this" and then you make a dumb move and go down. I have map specific spots for me on my most played maps.

Der reise-Always the stupid teleporters or running up the stairs by jug. Epic games for me always ended like that.

Kino- Stupid couches, chairs, etc sticking out. Pretty sure theres more than one. Run by, around over and over but randomly hit them at a moment and game over.

Call of the dead- I hate to admit it but by the lighthouse the path that runs to the back of quick revive. I always would get caught in the momnet and run back there. DOH

Tranzit- Power station for me has numerous spots that kill me. First doesnt happen much but the pit. Second is when the bus is there and I try to run left. Always seem to find them running right at me in the lava. And last when leaving running right towards town. No clue why but sometimes I will vere left and run into the lovely corner.

Town-slow walkers..almost everytime

buried- I start thinking Im god with the paralyzer.

Origins- mud......and it hard

Edited by K3ys3r S0z3

Overconfidence occasionally thinking I can do something that doesn't work out.

Luck. Luck either helps or hurts me.

Zombie shield breaking at a critical moment.

Acid Gat monkey betrayal. Gosh that makes me mad.

Going down and having the zombies blocking all directions.

Bad teammates. They can ruin it by playing awful or by quitting.

Hackers and glitchers.

• Administrators

My wife...I swear that woman sits and waits until the worst possible moment to stand directly in front of my line a view. Or to scream from the basement that there is some sort of emergency like a gas leak, when it is just the sound of water draining from the dishwasher. She has even gone as far as to try on her new bikinis next to the screen. She is zombies kryptonite.

• Administrators

I get cocky with nukes. 

In my mind, I'm making an epic dive towards the last hope for humanity on a high round with several dead players watching me as I heroically attempt to snatchthe drop through hordes of the undead.

In reality, I dive right into a mosh pit of zombies and die before I touch the ground.

Usually boredom, I will change it up on a map or use terrible weapons to make a higher challenge but I usually end up going down a lot sooner. I've also been known to let my controller die while playing, even with the ps3 telling me its time to charge, I procrastinate, forget, controller dies...I die. 

For the record, I have 6 controllers  :lol: