Origins EE "Little Lost Girl" Written Steps + Staffs

Ehjookayted

I would really appreciate it if you added the correct notes to play on the piano as well as numbers. It is a lot more convenient for people who know the actual keyboard (like the keys), and it saves much time as you don't have to count.

The correct Keys are:

A,C,E

E,G,B

F,A,D

It really does help to have them.

Here is a video of the lightninh

Also, further up the page I made a post you should read. There is a mistake in the EE guide.

I don't understand this step at all neither have I ever attempted it. So let me know if something needs to be removed from existing Original Post. Also please add the portion that needs to be added. We can add the video link as reference but I would 'd prefer images.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

To those who want to learn the fire torch step but aren't exactly wanting a guide to tell them:

The code that is used is actually Ternary code. This system is nothing more than a decimal code that uses the numbers 0,1, and 2 to encrypt a particular number. The sets are always as follows:

An open dot equals 0.

A singly solid dot equals 1.

A double solid dot equals 2.

So let's say I have this image:

How I'd do it is by splitting up the left and right side. On the left, I have a double solid set. I go to my numbers guide and find out that it equals 2. On the right, I have one solid dot. That set then equals 1.

A little bit of brainpower and we now have the ternary code of that sequence: 21.

The list of ternary numbers (based off dots) and their decimal counterparts (numbers the torches have on them) can be found on this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ternary_numeral_system

Happy hunting, friendos! :)

Ternary numbers is basically counting in base 3, for those who want to learn.

Basically we count in base 10, which means we have 10 digits at our disposal. 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. When you hit the last digit, you then move to the next digit 'place', so for us, 10, followed by 11, 12, 13 and so on.

In base 3, only 3 numbers exist. 0, 1, and 2. So when you count, you go, 0, 1, 2... then what? well the next highest number we can make is 10, so: 0, 1, 2, 10, 11, 12, 20, 21, 22, 100 and so on. The equivalent in decimal (our standard base ten) is just counting and comparing.

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,

equals

0, 1, 2, 10, 11, 12, 20, 21, 22, 100

You could code any digit in any base you want.

This puzzle uses base 3, but you could use 5, or even 16, just remember you dont go to the next digit place until you've counted up as many digits (starting from zero) as your chosen base.

so base 5 would go:

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20 and so on

and base 16 would go:

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, a, b, c, d, e, f, 10, 11... 18, 19, 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 1e, 1f, 20 and so on.

The a b c d e and f are just common characters to use as new 'numbers' when you run out of numbers.

I hope I may have helped any one interested understand different counting bases, but if not, I like reading my own type anyways, so thanks for letting an old timer ramble!

It's kind of funny how I gave you all a lesson on base counting, and I just now realized why specific ice symbols (Lines and triangles) match with certain ternary symbols.

The Ice and Wind challenge symbols (the lines and triangles) are in base 4.

a lone triangle is 0

a triangle with a line is 1

an L shape is 2

and the remaining shape (I've always called it an inverted F) is 3

so

Line followed by a lone triangle = 10 in base four, which is: 0, 1, 2, 3, 10 = 4 in decimal, which is = 0, 1, 2, 10, 11 in base 3 or ternary. (The initial zeros don't count, I just show them to remind you why base four doesnt have a 4)

So line followed by a triangle, should be equal to two filled in dots. If I'm right, you'll see it confirmed above.

I'm just mentioning this because I haven't seen anyone actually say WHAT those symbols mean.

My guess for the wind puzzle? That each line of symbols add up along with the corresponding pillar to be the same value. Only a guess at this time though.

My guess was wrong! As it turns out, each pillar tells you what that line of symbols should add up to.

The symbol that matches the line in the picture on the thread is:

Line, L-shape, L-shape

Which using base 4 means 122.

After taking the long process of converting that to decimal (basically counting to 122 using only 0, 1, 2, and 3 and then keeping track of how many numbers you made along the way, in normal decimal base 10) you get 26 as the value.

So if you add up a line (1=1), a line followed by an L-shape (12=6), an L-shape followed by a wonky F-shape (23=11), and L-shape followed by a triangle (20=8) you get 1+6+11+8=26.

I checked it out with a different side as well.

one of the pillars has a wonky F-shape followed by a line on it (31 =13) which is 13 in decimal.

I'm not going to talk you through all of that line as well, but trust me, after you convert the symbols into a base 4 number, then convert that to decimal, then add them all together, you get 13.

There. Now I can sleep...

although...

The dials for the lightning staff upgrade has something I wish to research yet...

I believe they always spawn in the same positions, and always need to be turned to the same positions.

This would mean that you could "complete" the lightning challenge, before even building the lightning staff by having all the dials already turned to the position in which they would stop sparking.

I'll give it a run later and update y'all on my results.

• 2 weeks later...

God this was a Bitch to get. Update: More than two Panzer Soldats appear in solo after you release Maxis into the hole. My God that scared the hell out of me.

Also, did anyone know the Ultimate Staffs can be used as a Melee Weapon? It has a 1-hit kill strength that last I think till round 15. Can help in getting the Airstrike Grenade's before filling the chests.

God this was a Bitch to get. Update: More than two Panzer Soldats appear in solo after you release Maxis into the hole. My God that scared the hell out of me.

Also, did anyone know the Ultimate Staffs can be used as a Melee Weapon? It has a 1-hit kill strength that last I think till round 15. Can help in getting the Airstrike Grenade's before filling the chests.

Yes, most of the community I believe is aware of the fact that staff upgraded can be used as melee weapon. However you can also use shield for the airstrikes if you are fail to upgrade staffs before 15. But it's a good suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Tech Admin

Staff of Lightning/Kimat's Bite (Purple)

Tutorial:

Here is the right order 1 3 6 3 5 7 2 4 6. (*New)

Can I just point out that this order does not work for me at all, the only way it works for me is 613 357 462. So It may be that their is several different ways of inputting this or this particular step for the lightning staff is wrong?

Tutorial:

Can I just point out that this order does not work for me at all, the only way it works for me is 613 357 462. So It may be that their is several different ways of inputting this or this particular step for the lightning staff is wrong?

Sorry about that. I cannot confirm this at the moment. But thanks for letting us know.

Tutorial:

Sorry about that. I cannot confirm this at the moment. But thanks for letting us know.

no it works no matter what order you hit the notes in. first one can be 1-3-6, 3-6-1, or 6,1,3 and same for the rest. as long as the correct 3 notes are resonating they will disappear and the next one can be done. verified this myself multiple times. just make sure you wait long enough between chords. also try the next one if its not working, sometimes you may not think you've activated one and it already has been

This guide is great and really did help me a lot. Just a couple suggestions:

As has been mentioned a lot, the incorrect notes had me frustrated for a while. Ended up wasting my max ammo and half of the staffs ammo again after that before trying elsewhere (I figured I was just messing up).

Also I didn't see locations for Maxis Drone parts, those would be nice in there.

Lastly, when I was doing the easter egg, none of the places to place the staffs were appearing (After getting them all Ultimate) in the robots or bottom room under PaP. After a few rounds of wtfing, I turned on all the generators and they showed up. If I missed it my bad, but I don't think I saw anything about that in the guide.

Again this is a great guide, thanks for taking the time to put it together.

This guide is great and really did help me a lot. Just a couple suggestions:

As has been mentioned a lot, the incorrect notes had me frustrated for a while. Ended up wasting my max ammo and half of the staffs ammo again after that before trying elsewhere (I figured I was just messing up).

Also I didn't see locations for Maxis Drone parts, those would be nice in there.

Lastly, when I was doing the easter egg, none of the places to place the staffs were appearing (After getting them all Ultimate) in the robots or bottom room under PaP. After a few rounds of wtfing, I turned on all the generators and they showed up. If I missed it my bad, but I don't think I saw anything about that in the guide.

Again this is a great guide, thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Thank you for taking time to write. It has been a community effort overall to bring this together. I tried my best to jot down everything I know.

As far as the Lightning staff, It is the only staff I have never upgraded so I cannot guarantee exactly what the sequence is but I was told that is the right one, again sorry that you have to waste time on wrong ones. If some one can add the right sequence and PM it to me I will edit the main Guide. Thanks. Credit will be given.

For the Maxis drone parts, I can link a thread in main guide soon. Thanks for your input friend.

Hoping to attempt this soon.

Didn't want to make a separate topic, but how many Zombies does it take to fill a chest?

It seems to vary, I don't believe there is a set amount. From my experience it seems to range from 25 to 50ish zombies per chest, sometimes more, sometimes less. Seems like a pretty random amount to me.

• Administrators

Hoping to attempt this soon.

Didn't want to make a separate topic, but how many Zombies does it take to fill a chest?

About 30 per chest. You have to be very careful, since the giants can reset the count back to 0 and you must kill near the chest or the souls won't be captured. I don't exactly think nukes count either. Sometimes it seems like it require more souls because if you're trying to grab the One Inch Fists prior to Round 10, it feels like forever unless everyone is in the same area.

How many zombies spawn in per round?

Do we know these numbers for BOII?

I think it would help to know when there are enough zombies to fill each chest, what round it is possible from.

Also never start to fill a chest until the robot has just past, the second that foot come up your on the clock.

If you can get a whole team to sit in on place & kill you deserve a codz medal.

Regards Alpha.

• 3 months later...
  • Tech Admin

I had a game last night with 3 good (when I say good, 2 decent players, once non rage quiter) players, even told them to pop on over to CoDz.

Called it a halt at 32, managed to get 2 players the first EE completion on the map, got myself the revive in 4 methods and another player, got one player the achievement for wielding all 4 staffs. Overall a good game, first decent game on the map for about 3 months with randoms ;)