Origins EE "Little Lost Girl" Written Steps + Staffs

Ehjookayted

Updated 9/13/13 11:17 am (lightning staff steps)

ORIGINS EASTER EGG GUIDE

1) Collect all four staffs by finding their parts. Each staff holds three parts followed by a record and their respective element. The locations and instructions on how to obtain then are in the other category.

2) After crafting all 4 staffs in the lower sanctum of the Excavation Site, pick them up and Samantha will say that step 1 is complete. Now it's time to upgrade them. Scroll down below for upgrading the Staffs.

You should have the Bracers by now. This new melee weapon is necessary for completing the Easter Egg properly. If you haven't gotten it, kill around 30 zombies near four chests scattered across No Man's Land (open wasteland). The locations for each chest as follows:

[*:2jff0nds] Other side of Juggernog near MP40 area
    [*:2jff0nds] On the side of the Excavation Site
    [*:2jff0nds] Near Generator 5/Stamin-Up
    [*:2jff0nds] Area after buying passage to church (outside on robot footprint)

Once all chests have been filled, you can now go to Generator 6's reward chest and grab yourself the Bracers. Anyone who has participated can get this at the same time.

In this Easter Egg, you will need Lightning Strike monkey bombs. There are tablets on the table in the Tank Station that you can grab although there is no dialogue. This tablet can be placed in the small holy water fountain at the top of the church. When you place it in there, use the Bracers (melee) to kill enough zombies. The tablet will turn a white-ish color when completed.

You must now put the tablet right back on the table you found it without touching the mud. For this, use the tank to ride yourself to the Tank Station. Place the tablet on the table and continue to melee zombies until a glowing drop appears. This Lightning Strike is necessary for the next step of the Easter Egg.

"My father couldn't save me, you can. He promised me. When the final steps are taken, the gate to Agartha are going to open. My father said the staffs aren't powerful enough. The power is in the ancient rituals. Go into the chamber of secrets. This is step 1"

This quote occurs once all four staffs have been built within the sanctum of the Excavation Site.

3) Once you have the staffs all upgraded you need to put them inside of the robots. Do so by blowing off each giant's foot where the lights are underneath it. Once inside, there is an alter for the staffs. Place the correct staffs in the appropriate robots:

Odin (No Man's Land) > Wind Staff

Thor > (Tank Station/Generator 3) Lightning Staff

Freya > (Church) Ice Staff

* Staff of Fire can be placed in a newly spawned alter down within the Excavation Site where the staffs were built. There is a middle pillar for the staff.

"I'm not safe here, hurry! Only the giants can break the seal"

You will need the Maxis Drone built before continuing on, as well as obtaining the Lightning Strikes.

4) After all the staffs have been properly placed, have one person go into the head of any robot. At the front is a button to initiate a particular action/call. Once the player hits it, whomever holds the Lightning Strike outside the robot must throw it in the outside portion of the map near Generator 5 /Stamin-Up (to the right of the destroyed house). Here, a crashed plane can be seen as well as a platform. That is where the Lightning Strike must be thrown.

[Note]

5) A hole will then appear in the area where the Lightning Strike was thrown. Someone who has the Maxis Drone must let him rise into the air near the area so he can observe the environment. Be warned: this will cause 6 Panzer Soldats to appear. Kill them off to continue.

6) Samantha will then speak of the spirit in the sky. This step requires you to have Zombie Blood. The first time is used for shooting a glowing plane much similar to that of the Staff of Fire part. The plane will drop something towards the Excavation Site area.

7) The second part of the Zombie Blood must be used to kill a particularly odd-looking zombie around the Excavation Site. The zombie tends to run clock-wise around the Excavation Site. Slay that undead sucker, pick up the poor Maxis Drone left behind the defeated zombie and progress forward. [You may need to recharge him, and do so since you will need him for the final step.]

8) You will need to have your Bracers. Go into the sanctum of the Excavation Site underneath Pack-a-Punch and melee the Templar zombies with glowing white hands. Note that you don't necessarily need to kill them as your punches will absorb their essence. Once enough energy is obtained, a tablet drop will appear. Collect it to gain your new and improved Bracers.

9) Go back into the Crazy Place and place all four staffs on their respective altars. Charge the realm by using your new Bracers to melee (kill) all the zombies. Bear in mind you will need around 30-40 souls. You will have done it correctly once the screen flashes to white and the Achievement "Little Lost Girl" is shown.

10) It's not over just yet. Let the Maxis Drone up into the air and Teleport by using the middle platform in the Crazy Place to fully end the game and unlock the ending cutscene.

===============

Building Intial Elemental Staffs

Wind Staff (yellow):

Record:

* Near Stamin-up to the right of the perk machine

* On the ox-cart near generator 5

* Inside the cave.

Staff parts:

* Enter the giant robots, all three contain one of the 3 staff parts

Fire Staff (red):

Record:

* bottom floor of the church stuck at the front of the Tank (tank must be absent to retrieve i think)

* entrance to generator 6 on the left on top of a box;

* (pretty sure there's one more location)

Staff parts:

* Kill Panzer Soldat one time retrieve one part

* Shoot down glowing plane and follow part where it lands to pick up

* power generator 6, part comes out of reward chest

Lightning Staff (purple):

Record:

* On ox cart just outside of Jug/generator 4 area toward excavation site

* On table next to Der Wunderfizz machine by jugg

* in underground passage toward Crazy Place near Jugg

Staff Parts:

* Jump off tank to wooden Deck just before trenches by generator 2, part is at end of trail

* After tank station, jump off tank left side toward deck near excavation site, trail leads toward part in the middle site

* near end of tank trail, jump off, acquire part in back of church

Ice Staff: (blue)

Record:

* In various places around the tank station (one to right of mystery box, one just to right of entrance on generator 2 side, on on shelf just before Tank dock exit)

Staff Parts:

* Must be dug up while it is snowing out. Can all be dug up in the same round, no limit.

===============

Building Ultimate Staffs

Elemental staff when upgraded are called Ultimate.

Staff of Lightning/Kimat's Bite (Purple)

Tutorial:

[*:2jff0nds]At the Crazy Place there are pink triangles in the lightning zone. These act as a keyboard.[*:2jff0nds] To the left of the triangles are 3 treble clefs, which show the order in which to shoot the keyboard, you will have to shoot the 3 keys in 3 different orders. If you do it right the sparks on the triangles will disappear when you walk away from them. Here is the right order 1 3 6 3 5 7 2 4 6. (*New)

[*:2jff0nds]Back in the main map there are 7 panels which will be sparking. On each one there is a knob which will have to be turned until the panel stops sparking.
    An easier way to remember this is a simple pattern since the puzzle actually never changes. Using the bottom row of upside down Triangles shoot the following lights in this order.

From the left the first order is the 1st, 3rd, then 6th. Meaning shoot the first one on the bottom left then the 3rd from the bottom left and then the 6th.

Next shoot the 2nd, 4th and 6th.

3rd combo is the 3rd, 5th and 7th.

Easiest way to write it down is simply 1-3-6, 2-4-6, and 3-5-7. Once you know how to use those numbers then it makes sense and you don't have to waste a lot of paper or come back to reference it multiple times.
        [*:2jff0nds]By stamin up[*:2jff0nds]To the right of the tank exit in the church[*:2jff0nds]On the top floor of the church at the end.[*:2jff0nds]In the destroyed house near Juggernog[*:2jff0nds]In the Spawn room opposite the audio log[*:2jff0nds]To the far right of the MP40 in the bunker[*:2jff0nds]On the wall on the side of the dig site mound

This is how it should look now.

[*:2jff0nds] Go to the bottom of the chamber, look up and shoot the purple orb[*:2jff0nds] Return to the Crazy place, insert the lightning staff into the lightning pedestal[*:2jff0nds]Kill zombies around the pedestal[*:2jff0nds]Pick up and enjoy

Staff of Air/Boreas' Fury (Yellow)

Tutorial:

[*:2jff0nds]Put the lights above the air area in the crazy place in the right order

Align the discs in order shown above by shooting them with your wind staff.

[*:2jff0nds]By the church - Behind the tank by mud path

[*:2jff0nds]Stamin - up
        Remember to shoot these until they face the dig site.
        [*:2jff0nds]There are 3 circular chimneys around the map that need to be shot with the Air Staff. Shoot them until they face the excavation site.
          [*:2jff0nds]There are 4 levers in the staff chamber, which turn the huge 4 parted cylindrical machine[*:2jff0nds]Turn the machine so that all the yellow stones are lined up with the blue part of the center ring[*:2jff0nds] go to the bottom of the chamber, look up and shoot the yellow orb[*:2jff0nds] Return to the Crazy place, insert the air staff into the air pedestal[*:2jff0nds]Kill zombies around the pedestal[*:2jff0nds]Pick up and enjoy
            [*:2jff0nds]By Juggernog

Staff of Fire/Kagutsuchi's Blood (Red)

Tutorial:

[*:2jff0nds]To the left hand side of the fire area in the Crazy Place, there are some hexagonal barrels, where you should kill some zombies near until all of them are lit[*:2jff0nds] There are numbers with torches by the tank area of church. You will need to light this using fire staff in an order.

11, 5, 9, 7, 6, 3, 4(blood).
            Only 4 out of them are lit.

Below image has 5, 9, 3 and 4 lit. So light the torches in that order to solve this step.

Massive Props to MrRoflwaffles for being the first to accurately explain this step and providing us with an easy solution.
            If you go up by STG you will see symbols on wall from left to right, this is what they stand for.
            [*:2jff0nds]There are 4 levers in the staff chamber, which turn the huge 4 parted cylindrical machine[*:2jff0nds]Turn the machine so that all the red stones are lined up with the blue part of the center ring[*:2jff0nds] go to the bottom of the chamber, look up and shoot the red orb[*:2jff0nds] Return to the Crazy place, insert the fire staff into the fire pedestal[*:2jff0nds] Kill zombies around the pedestal[*:2jff0nds] Pick up and enjoy

Staff of Ice/Ull's Arrow (Blue)

Tutorial:

[*:2jff0nds]In the Crazy Place, in the ice area there is a bright blue stone with a symbol on it, this will match with one of the stones above the ice area, you need to shoot the right stone with the ice staff, then the symbol on the bright blue stone will change and you need to repeat the process

Image Credit goes to NGT

[*:2jff0nds]Go back to the main map and there will be 3 tombstones, which you need to freeze with the ice staff and then shoot with a normal gun.

[*:2jff0nds]Round the back of the excavation mound.

[*:2jff0nds]In front of the giant robot hand at the tank stop.
              [*:2jff0nds]There are 4 levers in the staff chamber, which turn the huge 4 parted cylindrical machine[*:2jff0nds]Turn the machine so that all the blue stones are lined up with the blue part of the center ring[*:2jff0nds] go to the bottom of the chamber, look up and shoot the blue orb[*:2jff0nds] Return to the Crazy place, insert the ice staff into the ice pedestal[*:2jff0nds] Kill zombies around the pedestal[*:2jff0nds] Pick up and enjoy
                [*:2jff0nds]Near Juggernog, where the boot stomps

Thanks Liam for providing the video guide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tweq8XcCXYw

For building the initial staffs, thanks birdman22!

For building the ultimate staffs, thanks BriggzyJ97!

For Staff of Lightning puzzle, KeredNomrah69

For the rest of the Easter Egg we know so far, thank you Derpy Dreams!

To the mods Grill, Ehjookayted and way2g00 for editing the guide.

And for the complete Easter Egg guide video, thank you Mister LiamFTWinter!

and most of all, thank you (the community) for participating with us here at CoDZ!

[*:2jff0nds]There are 4 levers in the staff chamber, which turn the huge 4 parted cylindrical machine[*:2jff0nds]Turn the machine so that all the purple stones are lined up with the blue part of the center ring.
        • Replies 260
        • Created
        • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scoreboard lists the 4 staffs as Quest Items, so I guess we have to use it to power up/destroy some things maybe? Kinda like using the Paralyzer to freeze the orbs in Buried. Most of the videos haven't shown the Excavation Area yet, which seems to be the one place that might progress the quest further.

The scoreboard lists the 4 staffs as Quest Items, so I guess we have to use it to power up/destroy some things maybe? Kinda like using the Paralyzer to freeze the orbs in Buried. Most of the videos haven't shown the Excavation Area yet, which seems to be the one place that might progress the quest further.

In gameplay I've seen, when a player received a part for the orange staff Samantha said it was necessary to build all four to release her. At one point in early rounds she also has been heard saying this:

"Can you hear me?! Please, you have to help me! I'm trapped here, I just want to go home."

Where is Samantha's home exactly? I'd also like to point out she is not the Announcer, as it is a different tone than the usual demonic voice she uses.

UPDATE: Later, Samantha says the following: "You have to help me. Please. There is a way to open the gateway. My father was so close, he said to follow the steps." Samantha talking of a "gateway" being needed to be opened in order for her to be free and that her father (Maxis) was close to doing so reminds me of the Maxis endgame for Buried...

I heard another quote from her about completing something "started so long ago" but the beginning was cut off.

I found a secret workbench.

I cant really describe it but ill try. Somewhere near Juggernog, there is a ruined house. Simply look around until you see a staircase. Walk all the way down.

There is a sign on the floor that says "The Crazy Place". It is talking about a wall...

wtf?

Clearly there is some sort of thing going on here. That wall is so familiar Im pretty sure it was in the trailer.

will be back with more later on.

Sorry I also forgot to add:

Hold x on ANYTHING that is green. They are EEs. I think musical.

One is in spawn

Another is in the tank station under a shelf.

I saw all 3.

The third one is by PaP on the far left if you don't go into the dig site.

Also it won't let me activate the third one at all no matter what. No idea why.

I have the step!

Thanks to MRdalekjd, He activated a radio.

The transmission said that they have been working hard etc etc. But the main thing here is this: He said that a soldier brought a gramophone. Using it, they played music to pass the time. The sealed chamber opened.

This sealed chamber and the workbench for the gramophone...I know where the workbench is. It is located near Juggernog in an abandoned house. A staircase leads to the mines. Inside, go all the way down. Build the gramophone on the table near a wall. This may very well be step 1.

This is how they open "The crazy place" As they call it.

RD the answers right here.

hey guys i think i found how to do the step you guys are on about. I found a gramophone somewhere, sorry but i cant remember where, then where the pack a punch is i put it on a type of workbench. Then Samantha said about how there needs to be some kind of music to reveal the passage or something along those lines. I went back outside then by complete mistake picked up a disk, the place where i got it was leaving the excavation site and going right for a couple of steps. I went back underneath the excavation site, played the disk and what do you know? That big blue circle rumbled and a giant passageway opened underneath it! There is a huge, cylindrical type blue thing through the middle, and i'm exploring the place now, ill keep you posted!

-Pat

i just got another quote from Samantha

she said something along the lines of "the staffs of the ancients were lost... wait! my father made copies! Find these and the secrets of Agartha will be revealed!"

It went something like that, it is very epic!

Hmm, so the Elemental Staffs are made by Maxis... And there were earlier versions of it as well?

So step 1, find gramophone and play. Step 2, build all 4 staffs.

BTW, has anyone built the staffs yet? I wonder if it takes up a weapon slot or an equipment slot like the Jet Gun?

well in the tomb thing that opens up, there are 4 statues that have slots at the bottom which i believe the staffs go into. Also i just discovered that the giant blue cylinder thing moves around when levers are pulled around the tomb, at the moment i am trying to allign them up, ill keep you guys posted

Around the map there are mini tombs, like fire, lightning etc. These correspond to a staff, i believe there are 4 different records as i took the gramophone and the record that opened up the big main tomb to 2 of these, and im received with the message stating that the current record is unavailable. Let me know what you guys think :)

I found a secret workbench.

I cant really describe it but ill try. Somewhere near Juggernog, there is a ruined house. Simply look around until you see a staircase. Walk all the way down.

There is a sign on the floor that says "The Crazy Place". It is talking about a wall...

wtf?

Clearly there is some sort of thing going on here. That wall is so familiar Im pretty sure it was in the trailer.

will be back with more later on.

When you get there you have to build the gramophone and put it on the table it will make a portal. Go in and you will find parts to the staff. I you go in the yellow portal you will get a part to the yellow portal. I have found every portal except for the red one. Also if you jump of the tank at certain points you can find staf parts. found by gamertag: Endless FaiiLs
        • Administrators

Placing the Phonograph near the Crazy Place acticates a gateway to Agartha. Here, there are four coloured sections of the dimension. You will need the four staffs. You can access a special power depending what element you discover and teleport yourself back. There is a radio that doesn't seem to activate.

Placing the Phonograph in the Archaeological Ruins opens the ruin chambers, where you must place the four staffs.

I've played with the Blue Staff and the Purple Staff so far. Friends and I are having problems finding ANY of the yellow staff parts though. Someone speculated maybe in the robots themselves since there's no parts to be found in the regular areas? Haven't been following youtube so maybe there's some knowledge out there I haven't discovered.