Treyarch have been posting some interesting teases which are most likely signalling DLC 4.

The captions were "We were there at the beginning." "...and we’ll be there at the end!"

They posted this today which is the most interesting.

This is a small chunk of the Single Player team, so this most likely means that we're getting a map developed by the single player team just like Mob of the Dead.

Now, the most interesting thing is obviously the weapon plan on the wall.

Zooming in allows us to get some words from it and some rough letters.

So let's see what we have.

MAUSER PROTOTYPE --- MAXIS, JAN 5, 19--

The dashes are words that are too unclear.

Mauser is a very unclear word but it can assumed that's what it is because, well, it would make sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauser

Now here's something interesting, the drawing underneath is labeled "ATTACHMENT SCOPE"

That's interesting because while it could mean that it would be attached when the weapon is pack a punched assuming the gun is in DLC 4. But it could also be a new feature to possibly add attachments to things, but that's a shot in the dark.

and then there's this.

But I can't really gather much from that. Other than the obvious fact that, that is not a recent version of the periodic table.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is very interesting.... if we do based on these pitcures assume that the campaign team is doing the majority of the legwork on this map, I think it could perhaps lend a glimmer of hope to a DLC5 zombies exclusive map pack available for separate purchase (not part of season pass) although I think its a longshot, there was something found in the callofduty.com code that references dlc5 or something of the like.

the image does look like a Mauser design protoype pistol... given their propensity to add in new regular weapons (i.e. tommy gun, remington new model army) this could be something along those lines.

They are definitely beginning to kick the marketing of MP4 in to gear though, and a full month before release

I would guess that the "We were there in the beginning, and we will be there at the end", is possibly a reference to the campaign team having made Der Riese (Where it all began), and now DLC 4!

I think the Rezurrection picture in the background is probably also a nod to the final DLC being an all zombie affair, just like that was.

MAXIS JAN 5 19

This map will probably take place on January 15th, 1919.

What's with MOTD on the TV anyway?

who would we be playing as then? the N4 were not born yet at that date. (assuming Russman isnt in his 100s lol) the O4 would have been children at that time...

yeah yeah yeah time travel blah blah blah but it doesnt make much sense to do that.

That is unless this is another standalone map like MotD and then a zombies finale comes in a 5th map pack

I would guess that the "We were there in the beginning, and we will be there at the end", is possibly a reference to the campaign team having made Der Riese (Where it all began), and now DLC 4!

I think the Rezurrection picture in the background is probably also a nod to the final DLC being an all zombie affair, just like that was.

I saw the Rezurrection picture being a direct hint to this being Map Pack 4 related, as it was also Map Pack 4

The quote for me points more towards the Original 4 return.

And for that attachment scope... if they still bring buildables (which honestly I don't like them) then perhaps you'll need to build the attachment.

What if the weapon turned out to be another sniper? Like without the scope it'll be like the iron sights, like the Ballista can do.

"We were there at the beginning." "...and we’ll be there at the end!"

Anyone else think this means the Campaign team are working on DLC 4 and the story will end in BO2's DLC 4?

Think about it.

We were there at the beginning." They made Nacht der Untoten, the beginning of the zombies mode, more than likely they mean Der Riese.

"...and we’ll be there at the end!" They'll end the zombies mode where it began. [i presume this means Der Riese as well.]

But still.... if this is set during the 1900's who will are characters be? It can't be the N4 as none of them were even born. Unless it takes place during the 1990's but even then Misty and Marlton would be very young children.

Possibly could be the O4, but I think it depends "when" it occurs, if it occurs during 1900 - 1910 then it won't be the O4 as Tank would be very young or not even born.

DLC 4 is going to be very interesting.

Anyone else got a gut feeling we'll see Dr. Maxis in human form for the very first time?

1. Just because a schematic is from the 1900s, that doesn't mean the map is set then.

2. I would argue that the zombie team will be the ones who do the last zombie map. Why make a zombie team if you aren't going to use them? What a slap in the face to Jimmy and the crew if that were the case.

3. Perhaps it's talking about the O4 returning.

Some other hints:

The 935 page in buried's loading screen...

The pack-a-punch camo HOPEFULLY leaning towards the next map pack will be ALL about zombies...

I think that with the next map we will be able to pack-a-punch multiple guns multiple times to get maxis's attachment (eventually) that will result in a normal PAP'ed weapon gaining even more wonder weapon abilitys... Such as using the RPD to shoot many zombies then when there's a nice big horde of them in a line, push right on the d-pad, fire, and BAM! A dg2 blast!

1. Just because a schematic is from the 1900s, that doesn't mean the map is set then.

2. I would argue that the zombie team will be the ones who do the last zombie map. Why make a zombie team if you aren't going to use them? What a slap in the face to Jimmy and the crew if that were the case.

3. Perhaps it's talking about the O4 returning.

Using the SP team gives more time for each map to be developed. Rather than the Zombies team rushing Buried to start on this map or rushing this map because they spent a lot of time on Buried they instead get huge chunks of time.

Think of it this way, the dev time between the maps.

Die Rise (Zombies team) 3 months

Mob of the Dead (Single Player team) 5 months

Buried (Zombies team) 5 months

DLC 4 (SP Team?) 5 months?

And that's probably why it feels like each map improves on the last and why each feels so polished, there isn't this massive rush to quickly develop a map and push it out.

Also, this is just a general note, this is pretty much confirmed for Map Pack 4, the description of this image gallery on facebook is.

Recently, a few members of the Treyarch team huddled up to discuss an upcoming project.

Mob of The Dead wasn't made by the "Campaign Team". They merely got the Executive Campaign Producer Jason Blundell onboard to help set a new (larger) budget. Jason brought in devs that work on SP (or even MP who knows) to help design and make the map in time - he did not bring the whole SP team in. Jimmy's Team worked just as much on MoTD as the so-called "campaign" guys did.

Also Liam, they don't get huge chunks of time. 1-2 months at best is the deadline for dlc maps. They said so themselves.

Mob of The Dead wasn't made by the "Campaign Team". They merely got the Executive Campaign Producer Jason Blundell onboard to help set a new (larger) budget. Jason brought in devs that work on SP (or even MP who knows) to help design and make the map in time - he did not bring the whole SP team in. Jimmy's Team worked just as much on MoTD as the so-called "campaign" guys did.

Also Liam, they don't get huge chunks of time. 1-2 months at best is the deadline for dlc maps. They said so themselves.

When did they say that? That was the case in Black Ops 1 but now with expanded teams that's not at all the case.

Development for a new map starts almost as soon as the last map is sent to certification, which is around about 1 week before the official release.