Old maps on final DLC?

Hey everyone. The 3rd DLC pack and information from the EEs have started to apear with some foreshadowing of the next Zombies map has gotten a few people talking about the final DLC (assuming there isn't going to be a 5th one that is rumored to happen). I'm not interested in what the new map is going to be, but I am interested in seeing if they bring back the old maps from WaW and BO like they did in the final DLC for BO. I have been wanting this to happen pretty much since the game first came out. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could play our favorite maps with the ability to "customize" the game play? My favorite map in Accession but the space monkeys are a real pain in the butt to deal with. It would be awesome if I could have to option to turn off the space monkeys like you can on Town (of course its dogs instead of monkeys).

What do you all think about this? Would you like to see Treyarch bring the old maps back with the option to edit gameplay/ and do you think it will happen?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a strong possibility the next DLC will be all zombies. In BO1, the game came with 14 multiplayer maps and 12 through DLC for 26 total. So far we have the same for BO2, Nuketown 2025 is a bonus map which brings it to 27. This might leave room for an all zombies final DLC, just speculation though.

Although I would love to see the old maps back especially Five but I don't think they will do it I mean look at how many there are in BO1 and if you put that with WAW maps then that's a lot. I think that they won't hand us that many zombies maps in one DLC. With Rezurrection it was fine because the DLC had the same amount of maps that a normal DLC would have except they are all zombies maps. I'm not saying this may not happen but it's highly unlikely and if it did I think it will cost more than a normal pack does.

God... those old maps would suck with the walkers though. :lol: Can you imagine FIVE with that shit? UGH.

EDIT: Oh, and I also thought this engine couldn't support a Thundergun or a JGB. Well, I was wrong. The subwoofer is basically a Thundergun turret, and the Paralyzer takes up more RAM than the JGB. I think it could work; I just hope there's no damn walkers.

Please, no. I don't want it to include BO1 maps when I have all of them and DLC already on my disc and hard drive. Feels like a waste when I can just switch a disc to play the others. I have the season pass but it doesn't feel all that good to do. Besides, it's more than four maps. I don't think they would let that be available. (Money thing, ya know?)

I seriously doubt they will bring remaster the WaW maps AGAIN, that just seems way too redundant.

I have a strong feeling they will bring back Kino and/or Ascension though. Probably not CotD because it was a "special map", and if Shang is on Mars and Moon is...well on the Moon, there's no way they'd be able to add that on the world map. The amount of extra coding that would be needed to zoom out to the Moon/Mars would be too much hassle I think.

Moon would be too much hassle I think.

Not really. The map technically starts in Nevada, so what could happen is that the player selects Nevada U.S.A./Area 51 on the world map. Then, when it loads, there could be an image of No Man's Land that can selectable, as well as an image of the moon in the background that can also be selected.

I highly doubt that Treyarch would release the WAW maps for a third time. Not only is it unoriginal but would you really want to pay for those maps a third time? Also the only reason we had Rezurrection was because the WAW maps were released with the Hardened and Prestige editions of Black Ops. I'd also hate to have all of the futuristic guns on the old maps because it would ruin the feel of the maps. Also could you imagine how much memory that would be to download. Rezurrection was 2.0 gigabytes and to put 7 other maps on top of that with edited wall weapons and options to start on higher rounds. The memory needed would be impossible to fit on certain people's consoles (people who own a 4 gigabyte Xbox 360) However it would be really cool to have all of these locations on the world map.

I bought the season pass so I wouldn't be paying for the maps again. And the reason why I want this is to be able to start at round 5, turn off the dogs and switch the difficulty for a relaxed round. I would even pay the $15 for the map pack. Maybe the 5th rumored dlc is just the BO maps.

It would be great to include the BO1 maps only, but that's just my opinion.

I wouldn't mind doing some turned or grief on those maps, would be neat to see how I stack up against players on the maps I've played the most.

What I don't want to see is, a copy/paste of the maps with no changes or add ons to the story. I want to REVISIT these places, not play them the way they are in the beginning story.

Five is all I want just because I can't go back and play it since i'm on ps3 and no one plays BO1 anymore which is sad because it was my favorite map.

You don't hear that very often around here!

I agree. In most instances, I enjoyed Five more than I did Kino. I loved the old scientist, the teleporting, the PaP room and most of all - the Winters Howl.

Having a Death Machine and plowing through Zombies in the tight underground lab is always a fun ride.

Plus, elevators! I can bet we have all had the "so whose going to pay for the elevator" discussion :lol: .

would you really want to pay for those maps a third time?

Yes. If you don't want to, then don't. But just because YOU don't want to doesn't mean WE shouldn't have the option.

You guys are acting like you are entitled to something. If they were to release it, and if you didn't like it, then just don't get it!

But we'll see if it actually happens.

Yes. If you don't want to, then don't. But just because YOU don't want to doesn't mean WE shouldn't have the option.

You guys are acting like you are entitled to something. If they were to release it, and if you didn't like it, then just don't get it!

But what if you've already paid for the season pass?

But what if you've already paid for the season pass?

Apparently, some games follow the traditional Television way of doing a season, so you can get content, then later that year have more. And some games like borderlands, outright refuse to include things in a season pass, I bought one for Borderlands two, the maps were free, but the costumes were sold separately.

Try not to think about it that way though, extra content could have not even been thought of before the plans for a season pass was made, it's possible that with such a demand they could tack it on separately for those of us who just want it, I would like to see how DT2 electric cherry and tombstone work out for the maps for BO1.

New strategies is still incentive enough for me to buy them, just as long as it's not exact replicas, which they've already showed us with the WaW port for BO1 that they don't do that.