Galil vs MTAR vs AN-94

Simply Epic

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The an 94 is to stiff. The galil isn't. The only thing the an-94 has an advantage on is the ammo. Maybe with speed cola, and double tap the an-94 would beat the galil, but other than that the galil is the superior gun IMO. It's handling, it's damage, it's just too good. It takes forever for me to kill a zombie with the an-94 at 15+, it doesn't for the galil. It's a good wall gun, and I love the an-94 but I will always choose the galil if given the change over the an-94.

Galil...worked well with me on the Cold War and in Zombies, not to mention that pack-a-punched it had good accuracy and almost as much ammo as a LMG, so good old Galil still is number one for me.

Then the An-94 since sometimes its perfect the fact that if i run out of ammo i can just go back and buy more rather than having a gun that i can't refill, but still lacks of firepower but makes it up for it's bullets speed.

The MTAR may be good at multiplayer but in zombies it can be a problem when trying to get headshots, plus it runs ot of ammo fairly quickly and pack-a-punched it doesnt have as much as ammon as one would think.

• Administrators

Galil is all-around the best AR in the whole game, if not the best overall weapon that is no a Wonder Weapon. Large firepower, excellent magazine size, concentrated accuracy control, made for mobility, and exceptional rate of fire? Even if you're working hordes beyond Round 30, the Galil will not fail you so long as you're punching some heads off freakbags - and that's un-Pack-a-Punch'ed!

The AN-94 is a very nice weapon as well, and makes up its rate of fire for a large clip size and firepower. You'll really need to focus on headshots, however, if you plan on surviving with a gun like this. It also should be used when in large areas since it's not exactly a lifessaver.

The MTAR is okay, but lacks greatly in damage. It's good for a set amount of rounds, but shouldn't be heavily relied on if you plan on getting into the higher rounds. If you manage to get a hold of it, it's wise to use your shots sparingly.

in my opinion

galil is a fine weapon but it is hard to get by box it has less ammo but less spray range

an is a ez to get fine weapon also lots of ammo more spray but not much and easy to get

mtar less ammo i consider it called a headshot god i think it has more damage than galil but i dont think more than an not vary ez to get

so my opinion

An > Galil > Mtar

only reason is that i train in smaller areas like the mc escher room or bar

now if your playing tranzit then your choice is Mtar > Galil because of more room and space to train

Stay tuned for a weapon analysis on my youtube.

I was not able to play much Die Rise yet. So I can't rate the AN yet.

The Galil is an awesome gun, we all know that. The MTAR is a piece of crap, when not papped. It sprays like hell and therefore looses a lot of damage output. But papped, the effect reduces quite a lot and the gun gets nice. But the Galil will never be beaten - already simply because of the ammo reserve.

I'm really looking forward to check the AN-94, but yay, still investigating the map and trying to get some orientation in there :D

The question is, and will always be - for what? What is the best gun for what?

Camping? Looping? Best chances to get a max ammo once your out? Not even getting out of ammo, since it's a wallgun? What round?

Is it killspeed, is it accuracy (e.g. for a headshot challenge), is it convenience?

I finished my measurement now, and yeah, the AN will pull more damage with one full ammo set than the galil. But will I, inofficially and personally, rate the AN higher? No.

RPM? Damage per Time? In Die Rise, can I afford the low Damage per Time of the AN, when I just have time for bursts of max 1 second? No, I can't. Can I afford the short bursts with the Gail? Yes, I can. While the Galil kills with a burst of 1 second 10 zombs, the AN kills 6. So I choose the Galil. In Round 40. In Round 60, I just want my max ammo, so you see me running with the AN again.

Wondering how other guns do?

--> See my youtube, vids coming soon.

Camping? Looping? Best chances to get a max ammo once your out? Not even getting out of ammo, since it's a wallgun? What round?

Is it killspeed, is it accuracy (e.g. for a headshot challenge), is it convenience?

I finished my measurement now, and yeah, the AN will pull more damage with one full ammo set than the galil. But will I, inofficially and personally, rate the AN higher? No.

RPM? Damage per Time? In Die Rise, can I afford the low Damage per Time of the AN, when I just have time for bursts of max 1 second? No, I can't. Can I afford the short bursts with the Gail? Yes, I can. While the Galil kills with a burst of 1 second 10 zombs, the AN kills 6. So I choose the Galil. In Round 40. In Round 60, I just want my max ammo, so you see me running with the AN again.

It's cool you're doing weapon stats. I've been looking forward to hearing those from BinSys, but hey if you beat him to it.

However I think you are incorrect.

You say all these things that determine which weapons are better. The answer is the most damage when looping. The reason is because camping is inferior to looping. The reason is because the most damage dealt with a weapon determines which is better in the long run. If you want a gun that kills FASTER, then you will typically suffer in quality of damage. That is YOUR choice, but what makes a gun better is its Total Maximum Damage. If I have to choose between two guns, the best choice is to choose the gun that will in the end kill more zombies. That is the game's goal. If you have a secondary goal of doing it quickly, or only doing it via wall guns, that is your goal, not the primary goal. And whether a gun is a wall gun does not affect whether it is better. Comparing guns in respect to their Total Maximum Damage considers the weapon as it is given to you, regardless of how you obtain it. Sure, you could use a LMG, but ammo will run out eventually, and you'll be forced to use a wall gun, which is why wall guns are great. However, given a choice between a LMG and a wall gun, I will take the LMG, excepting maybe the AN-94 (since I don't know exactly where it ranks just yet). And quite often I TAKE that decision. Rather than using a bland wall gun all the time, I'll go the Box for my point guns just to spice it up a bit.

if you run the dragon room the pdw or svu is the best cause you always have ammo.

this thread is about the galil, mtar, and an.

of the 3 i want the an, more ammo.

the mtar is big and ugly, that matters to me haha.

the galil is great, but not enough ammo.

when im "setup" i have a packed an and a packed pdw in the dragon room. i use the an first until i run it dry should i not get max ammo's. then i switch to the pdw. somewhere in there i should get a max ammo, if not, it's not super hard to get a full train and go buy pdw ammo upstairs.

off topic but one thing i have tried and started to notice maybe was i will not get a max ammo unless i really need it, i let them go away/avoid them when not needed. i feel like i get more max ammos later when i do this....probably in my head though.

It's cool you're doing weapon stats. I've been looking forward to hearing those from BinSys, but hey if you beat him to it.

However I think you are incorrect.

You say all these things that determine which weapons are better. The answer is the most damage when looping. The reason is because camping is inferior to looping. The reason is because the most damage dealt with a weapon determines which is better in the long run. If you want a gun that kills FASTER, then you will typically suffer in quality of damage. That is YOUR choice, but what makes a gun better is its Total Maximum Damage. If I have to choose between two guns, the best choice is to choose the gun that will in the end kill more zombies. That is the game's goal. If you have a secondary goal of doing it quickly, or only doing it via wall guns, that is your goal, not the primary goal. And whether a gun is a wall gun does not affect whether it is better. Comparing guns in respect to their Total Maximum Damage considers the weapon as it is given to you, regardless of how you obtain it. Sure, you could use a LMG, but ammo will run out eventually, and you'll be forced to use a wall gun, which is why wall guns are great. However, given a choice between a LMG and a wall gun, I will take the LMG, excepting maybe the AN-94 (since I don't know exactly where it ranks just yet). And quite often I TAKE that decision. Rather than using a bland wall gun all the time, I'll go the Box for my point guns just to spice it up a bit.

That was why I said "personally and inofficially". The official results follow the points you mentioned ;)