Which Weapons Are Better Than Others

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how the Remington is so high up. It's terrible. It may have more damage than the other wall guns, but its effectivity is low in comparison to, say, the AK-74u. Doesn't deserve to be so high up, imo. Maybe its me, but the one hit kill goes away quick for it. After a shotgun is no longer one hit, it's effectively useless. Something that kills faster, and builds points

Other than that,very good thread. Only thing being, the MP5 was not in BO. That was the MP5k (same thing, though). The picture is an MP5k as well. Good job, glad you made this.

• 1 month later...

All stats on zero's basied off this equation for zombie health. AND ALL DAMAGE IS BAISED OFF OF HEAD SHOTS!!!!

Round 01 = 150 |

| Round 02 = 250 |

| Round 03 = 350 |

| Round 04 = 450 |

| Round 05 = 550 |

| Round 06 = 650 |

| Round 07 = 750 |

| Round 08 = 850 |

| Round 09 = 950 |

| Round 10 = 1045 |

| Round 11 = 1150 |

| Round 12 = 1264 |

| Round 13 = 1391 |

| Round 14 = 1530 |

| Round 15 = 1683 |

| Round 16 = 1851 |

| Round 17 = 2036 |

| Round 18 = 2240 |

| Round 19 = 2464 |

| Round 20 = 2710 |

| Round 30 = 7030 |

| Round 40 = 18234 |

| Round 50 = 47295 |

| Round 60 = 122673 |

| Round 70 = 318183 |

| Round 100 = 5552108 (5.5 million health)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the formula for calculating Max Base Damage is:

Max Damage Per Shot (or Max DPS) * Max Ammo = Max Base Damage

an example would be:

Weapon A:

Max DPS = 200, Max Ammo = 400

so you would do the following calculation:

200 * 400 = 80,000

So this basically means that the weapon has a Max Base Damage of 80k.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

M1911 (2k,6k)

Mustang and Sally (62k,310k)

Python (90k,135k)

Cobra (108k,324k)

AK-74u (22k,86k)

AK-74fu2 (61k,304k)

MP5k (15k,60k)

MP115 Kollider (34k,168k)

FN FAL (32k,128k)

EPC WN (94k,468k)

Galil (52k,210k)

Lamentation (116k,578k)

M14 (11k,33k)

Mnesia (42k,250k)

M16 (15k,60k)

Skullcrusher (45k,225k)

Olympia (27k,27)

Hades (149k,149k)

Ray Gun (180,180k)

Porter's X2 Ray Gun (400k,2m)

Grenades (3k,3k)

Ballistic Knife (3k,3k)

The Krause Refibrillator (27k,27k)

Dual Five Sevens (38k,126k)

Upgraded Names (108k,357k)

Five Seven (23k,79k)

Upgraded Five Seven (78k,273k)

Chicom CQB (14k,54k)

Upgraded (35k,176k)

MTAR (22k,90k)

Upgraded (51k,256k)

B23R (19k,77k)

Upgraded (50k,252k)

Remington 870 CMS (54k,54k)

Upgraded (168k,168k)

Executioner (58k,58k)

Voice of Justic (230k,230k)

HAMR (65k,195k)

Upgraded (113k,338k)

LSAT (unknown)

Upgraded (unknown) I don’t have NTZ so I cant retrieve data.

RPD (94k,281k)

Upgraded (189,567k)

S12 (51k,51k)

Upgraded (230k,230k)

RPG (42k,42k)

Upgraded (150k,150k)

Barret 50cal (25k,250k)

Upgraded (80k,800k)

DSPR50 (15k,150k)

Upgraded (90k,900k)

The rest of the wepons are not even worth adding to this list at the moment or i do not have Nuketown Zombies in order to confirm the damage. Also note this is a quick list and i did not put very much time and effort into this.

When choosing the best weapon from this list you on your own must factor in Runing speed with or without stamin up. Reload speed with or without Speed Cola.

NOTE: Double Tap 2, Rounds Per Minute Increased by 150% and DAMAGE per bullet is doubled.

All Wall weapons have ammo that is Rebuyable. Upgraded ammo is 4,500 points. I would suggest using ammo wisely inorder to profit off of it. If you dont profit, then you end up spending more money then you make off the ammo you buy.

Also note a gun might have the best damage, but may not be the best choice for your playing style. I myself like using the upgraded M14 and olympia for the first 35 rounds. Then i hit the box for an RPD and Ray gun, or i just use what ever gun i get. All guns are good if you use them in a proper way.

XLORDXSITHX

The b23r looks pretty beast for the early rounds. :roll:

Great list, a must read for anyone new to the new game.

I would like to add a few things.

Mustang and Sally and Porters 2X are far and away the best two weapons. As I noted in a separate post, game situations at times dictate the weapon damages therefore damages on paper cannot be translated into gaming damages.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26850

Mustang and Sally easily the best weapon especially later rounds as far as killing zombies versus damaging.

He probably just tested how much shots it took to kill a zombie. Using the zombie health

per round formula (the formula is from black ops 1 but im 99% sure they haven't changed it.) The formula was extracted from the game files so it's 100% accurate. These guys do a whole bunch of testing: gun damage,rate of fire,range etc. usually only for multiplayer http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general

IM SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT THE INGAME STAT BARS FOR MULTIPLAYER LIE

Mustang and Sally and Porters 2X are far and away the best two weapons. As I noted in a separate post, game situations at times dictate the weapon damages therefore damages on paper cannot be translated into gaming damages.

Mustang and Sally easily the best weapon especially later rounds as far as killing zombies versus damaging.

The loss of flopper however greatly lessens the values of these weapons. I've never been too big a fan of the ray gun, but the m&s was easily my favorite weapon in blops.

However, its greatest asset was its clearing capabilities. With that gone, you are relying on it to kill hoardes, which is not its strongest point, however nml got us used to the idea.

Ammo quickly becomes scarce in later rounds and you cannot spin the box for a a new m&s. Also using m&s plus any machine gun, means you have no clearing weapon, and thus no way to get out of trouble once cornered. It is now taking up a weapon slot but has lost its original purpose.

For these reasons, I am tempted to put the voice of justice (pap'd executioner) over m&s. It is a 1 shot clear into the 30's. It has no splash damage. Can be spun from the box at will. And it runs at pistol speed. Not to mention that it gives a generous amount of ammo, so using it only as a clear weapon means you will hardly ever need to spin the box for it once obtained.

The only reason I wouldn't rank the voice of justice over the m&s is purely for reasons of nostalgia and that m&s are generally more fun.

The loss of flopper however greatly lessens the values of these weapons. I've never been too big a fan of the ray gun, but the m&s was easily my favorite weapon in blops.

However, its greatest asset was its clearing capabilities. With that gone, you are relying on it to kill hoardes, which is not its strongest point, however nml got us used to the idea.

Ammo quickly becomes scarce in later rounds and you cannot spin the box for a a new m&s. Also using m&s plus any machine gun, means you have no clearing weapon, and thus no way to get out of trouble once cornered. It is now taking up a weapon slot but has lost its original purpose.

For these reasons, I am tempted to put the voice of justice (pap'd executioner) over m&s. It is a 1 shot clear into the 30's. It has no splash damage. Can be spun from the box at will. And it runs at pistol speed. Not to mention that it gives a generous amount of ammo, so using it only as a clear weapon means you will hardly ever need to spin the box for it once obtained.

The only reason I wouldn't rank the voice of justice over the m&s is purely for reasons of nostalgia and that m&s are generally more fun.

The maximum damage output with Sallys vs the Voice of Justice, even with Double Tap, is clearly in favor of the former. I don't care about the numbers—often times statistics are misleading (not to bash on your thread, MMX; this thread is incredible). I'm telling you from experience that Sally's and Ray Gun is the ideal Survival setup. You should not be using Sally's exclusively for killing—that is a great way to run out of ammo far too early. No, you should learn to understand how to make use of Mustang and Sally's splash damage and how to accurately use them not to kill hordes, but to soften them up to make them easier to kill with your true killing gun. You will find that, if you do this correctly, will you not have to worry about ammo until the mid 40's.

This is not to take away from the Voice of Justice or the PaP'd DSR or the LMG's—I'm just stating what I've picked up after countless hours of playing. :)

Very nice job!

My fav is PaP Galil and the PaP RPD with Knuckles. BANK.

Thank you, I appreciate it. Those are good choices, but personally I would prefer an emergency weapon and a point weapon rather than two point weapons.

I'd like to repeat the unanswered question:

Where you got those numbers from?

Or in other words, how did you calculate the damage per shot?

A random guy comes in here, dumps information, and then leaves without a reply. I wouldn't take his numbers that seriously. There's no telling how or where he got them.

He probably just tested how much shots it took to kill a zombie. Using the zombie health

per round formula (the formula is from black ops 1 but im 99% sure they haven't changed it.) The formula was extracted from the game files so it's 100% accurate. These guys do a whole bunch of testing: gun damage,rate of fire,range etc. usually only for multiplayer http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general

IM SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT THE INGAME STAT BARS FOR MULTIPLAYER LIE

I plan on doing such testing, but I doubt that he did it honestly. And actually, NO. There is NO!!!!!!! 100% accurate formula. All Zombies formulas were cleverly done to be 99% accurate, but they are NOT 100% accurate. I know, because I partook in it myself.

Most people forget that the Mustang and Sally originally had no PhD Flopper to help it out. The "original" was exactly as it is now. I honestly just think people have been spoiled by PhD Flopper. Now you have to be more careful. Eventually the Executioner will cease to be effective, and at that time the Mustang and Sally will still be effective. Not as effective at close range, but still more effective. As an emergency weapon, well that's why I opt for the Ray Gun.

The maximum damage output with Sallys vs the Voice of Justice, even with Double Tap, is clearly in favor of the former. I don't care about the numbers—often times statistics are misleading (not to bash on your thread, MMX; this thread is incredible). I'm telling you from experience that Sally's and Ray Gun is the ideal Survival setup. You should not be using Sally's exclusively for killing—that is a great way to run out of ammo far too early. No, you should learn to understand how to make use of Mustang and Sally's splash damage and how to accurately use them not to kill hordes, but to soften them up to make them easier to kill with your true killing gun. You will find that, if you do this correctly, will you not have to worry about ammo until the mid 40's.

This is not to take away from the Voice of Justice or the PaP'd DSR or the LMG's—I'm just stating what I've picked up after countless hours of playing. :)

Perfectlemonade, that is why explosive weapons should never be compared solely on damage statistic with bullet weapons, which is exactly why I separated them in this thread. Explosive weapon total damage is typically small, but that's because each bullet hits many, many zombies. Having both the Mustang and Sally and the Ray Gun I think isn't a great idea; it leaves you no point weapon slot. Unless of course you have Mule Kick, then go ahead!

I got those stats from the PC game code. I transftered them into laymens terms so everyone could understand them. they are also basied off of Ammo Capacity. There is no BEST GUN. In my opionion, after round 40 the best guns to use are, DSR50, Voice Of Justic, Cobra, Skullcrusher, MP115 Anninaltor, and the Ray Gun. If you doubt anything i say, try this. Go do a farm solo on custom. Use only the olympia for the first 30 rounds.

really great thread guys, thank you!

i had to run the clothes dryer before bed last night so i decided to mess around in a solo match, i had no plan of action other then kill zombies. i am still somewhat a noob and only ever had success training by the garage at diner. this time i decided to ride the bus to farm.

i discovered the remingon shotty at farm, and i loves me some br23 pistol. i had a galil when i got there, i put that in the fridge. i had jug and double tap, this was my first time using double tap, wow what a difference.

anyway, i made it to round 16 before i got too tired and went and deposited my money and died. at round 16 the standard remington and BR23 with double tap was still mowing zombies down nicely.

I got those stats from the PC game code. I transftered them into laymens terms so everyone could understand them. they are also basied off of Ammo Capacity. There is no BEST GUN. In my opionion, after round 40 the best guns to use are, DSR50, Voice Of Justic, Cobra, Skullcrusher, MP115 Anninaltor, and the Ray Gun. If you doubt anything i say, try this. Go do a farm solo on custom. Use only the olympia for the first 30 rounds.
I thought the bo2 code was encrypted

@murdermachinex But wasn't the formula extracted from the bo1 game code making it 100% accurate for bo1. Possibly bo2 as well if they didn't change the formula (I'm sure they didn't change it.)

No, it wasn't. People had to literally count the number of Zombies and curve fit it. (Could they have gotten the number of zombies from the data? I don't think so. If so, that would've saved me a lot of time. I do know however that the formula is not in-game.) People think that the coding will tell you everything about the game. Not true. That is why it is called coding. It is ENCODED. If no one is able to make out something, it will never be known. No one ever solved the formula 100% accurate. We just have approximations.

If I may add my own personal opinion:

Raygun: Love it. Really do. But when im stuck in a corner i just dont bother becasue when this gun shoots at close range, few more hits will do you in. I am pretty good at zombies and im sure evryone agrees that we mostly end up dying becasue we are trapped in a corner. When Raygun can't bail you out of close quarters, then you know you gotta resort to your secondary which is probably not as powerful. Final conclusion: down from either trying to pry your way through with the Raygun or just couldnt fight your way out with a secondary or monkeys.

So what did I use?

THe Voice of Justice. This gun does work. When combined with double tap II (THIS HAS STOPPING POWER! it is an improved version of the Double tap from BLOPS 1) It is a one hit kill even from round 28 (when shot in the correct area.) This has bailed me out of more situations than the Raygun. I, honestly, have traded my raygun for this. It is a powerful training weapon that can clear a path in 1-2 shots depending on the area shot and the round. This is my "wonderweapon" until there is more powerful crowd clearing weapon.

Just my 2 cents and thanks for this epic guide!

It WAS encrypted.

It WAS encrypted.

Source?

All I can find is that some freaks tested the guns for MP. Did you just copy these? I can read nowhere in the inet, that the files got decrypted.

Remember, zombies is different. For example, in BO1, Snipers had a headshot multiplier of 10, which is pointless in MP. Therefore, in MP the multiplier is like 1.5 or something.

It WAS encrypted.

Source?

All I can find is that some freaks tested the guns for MP. Did you just copy these? I can read nowhere in the inet, that the files got decrypted.

Remember, zombies is different. For example, in BO1, Snipers had a headshot multiplier of 10, which is pointless in MP. Therefore, in MP the multiplier is like 1.5 or something.

Yes they are different. In the coding MP stats on weapons are labeled in a subcategory of (P), and zombies is of course in the damage department of (Z). No the BO2 System file statistics are not on the internet. I decrypted them, thus my simple answer of (WAS).