The "Useless" Church

TheOriginLife

There has to be something about the Church. I hope so anyway.

It is shown on the survival loading screen & was also shown in the background at the end of the trailer as they fired the Jet gun.

Apart from the Tower dropping Power-ups, you get nothing from completing the EE? No Perks, No Weapons?

I sat outside the church for about half an hour in theatre mode & the bells seem very erratic? The bell would go off at varying intervals - 30 secs, 20 secs, 1 min, 15 secs, back to a minute (not in that order) I don't know if it's some type of coded message? Just like the morse code? But what code would be at such lengths of time?

I've also been doing a bit of research on Hanford & surrounding areas of 'Benton County'. There's a former little town called 'White Bluffs' which was one of the areas taken over by the Government (like Hanford was) as part of the 'Manhattan Project'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Bluffs,_Washington

Proposed Catholic Church - White Bluffs

The picture above is of White Bluffs from the early 1900's

I'm currently trying to find out if there is any mysteries surrounding it? Very hard to find. (I'm not sure it even existed as it says 'Prop' which I assume means proposed?)

And the only remains of the town nowadays -

First Bank of White Bluffs

Though a lot of churches & banks would of had the same designs, White Bluffs is nearly our exact location on the map (Our Green Run location is actually on bare land, near 'Gable Mountain' on the picture below)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question, extremely relative to this.

What the hell does the electric trap do?

From what i've heard, it doesn't really have any practical uses. But Treyarch wouldn't have put it in if it didn't have a purpose.

Everything Treyarch does has a purpose.

**I got black ops 2 btw, I can now join on the hunt :D**

• Administrators

Just checked, and nothing happened at/near the church. Besides, the front door is barricaded with debris that seems very unlikely to be removed anytime soon. The door in the TV audio sounds like a heavy electrical sliding door (or close to it). Is there another door in the map that has the power symbol on it? I can only think of the room below the Ak74.

I have no clue if it's relevant, but there's the power symbol inside the vault in Town. It's just a green square with a lightning bolt going through it. The BradyGames Strategy Guide seems to think there may be something.

Just past the safety deposit box, there's a second Vault door that can be opened in much the same way as the first. Doing so grants you access to the innermost Vault. Here you'll find another wall of deposit boxes marked with a certain symbol. Hmm. Does this symbol look vaguely familiar to you? We'll leave this one up to you to crack.

The door leads to the PaP room. You can access it by leaving a Turbine in front of the vault door right underneath the Ak74u (you need to turn around as it is literally right behind you when you drop down).

Try put a turbine at the church doors?

I think that has been attempted before. I'm pretty sure people have tried EMP's and Ray Guns and Semtexes as well.

I'd try throwing an emp through the top window and seeing what happens. Worth a shot.

I know every time I get a war machine I shoot every grenade I have at the church until I get a new gun.

Jimmy tweeted out on Twitter with an unforgettable quote for me.

http://gyazo.com/1bfb3e9d9dc8ef1560d4eae1692273b6

"Commitment." This absolutely has something to do with the Church/Chapel. We need to figure it out ASAP!

I honestly think he is talking about everyone giving up on the Navcards. The navcards are the key to continuing the Easter Egg.

That is what he said. He's teling us to not give up because there is more to the Easter Egg. We have to keep on trying!

Wait a minute? I've been seeing videos, over the YouTube about a way to the church, or at least some thing of the church, it's past the diner, there's like an abandoned town? Imma check it out but Im telling you type in Tranzit and church and you'll get like some videos of people going from diner jumping over a pool of lava and asking a shortcut to a cathedral (you guys might now this already)

• Administrators

Wait a minute? I've been seeing videos, over the YouTube about a way to the church, or at least some thing of the church, it's past the diner, there's like an abandoned town? Imma check it out but Im telling you type in Tranzit and church and you'll get like some videos of people going from diner jumping over a pool of lava and asking a shortcut to a cathedral (you guys might now this already)

Yes, it's the shortcut to Town. Basically right after the lava if you stay on your left, there will be a truck and an opening path to the left of it. You stroll down, and the church will be on your left. Go down a bit further, and you'll find yourself standing on the edge of the drop-off next to the Mystery Box spawn/ Semtex area.

Jimmy tweeted out on Twitter with an unforgettable quote for me.

http://gyazo.com/1bfb3e9d9dc8ef1560d4eae1692273b6

"Commitment." This absolutely has something to do with the Church/Chapel. We need to figure it out ASAP!

I don't know how you're getting "Absolutely has something to do with the church" just from "Commitment". In fact, I personally don't think this tweet directly relates to any EE at all. I think he's talking about the ranking system... how do you rank up and keep your rank? By playing every day. "Commitment".

wen i was passing threw using that shortcut to town, i decided to stop by the church and briefly starred in the window that looks like you can board it up, then a denizen had hopped on my head and i kill it with the g-knuckles, then hear a church bell go off..maybe it was just a random thing, just thought id throw it out there

Hi guys, I noticed something:

Inside the bank, there are two keys in the desk similar to the deposit keys (they shine to be noticed), locking a small drawer (can't do anything with these keys yet). There is a max amount of cash you can deposit at the bank (250k). Has anyone tried to turn the keys in the desk with the max amount of cash in the bank? Maybe this unlocks something at the church (or does anything to the "spire" that Maxis talks about), they are clearly connected.

Why is this my theory: Jimmy Zielinski posted on twitter that the zeros are the way out and he posted something about commitment (playing a lot to fill the bank). I have not got a lot of evidence but both these hints match my theory.

Plus the keys in the desk of the bank are too obvious to mean nothing (they can't just be a hint for the deposit keys behind the vault door).

So guys lets start saving money! maybe for the first time in our life, saving money really is the solution ;)