What separates a Member and a Veteran?

Tattoo247

Question

• Answers 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Administrators

Hm, so no color for being around for years? That might be a good one to add. Even though I've been on this account for only a year.

You could make yourself blue;) No current plans to recognize for time joined alone and personally don't see it happening at all. You could make legend status, but that would take some doing.

Legend is actually quite undefined.

It originally was for retired staff and users that undeniably contributed a major asset to this site.

There used to be a user group for time joined. Actually there were two.

They both got removed in the great purge of '11. I think it was '11.

Anyways, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

• Administrators

@MegaAfroMan All are defined. Legend or Hall of Fame as it is now called is staff appointed. We have a continuous discussion about additions to the group,but don't hand it out without a unanimous decision.

founder.png- Carbonfibah is the only person in this category. He founded CODZ back in 2008(?), and checks in when he can. Carbon worked as a Zombies QA at Treyarch on Call of Duty: Black Ops II.admin.png- Admin are more "long term"; every new feature, or change to the site has to be checked and cleared by them beforehand. The admin are usually more behind the scenes, but can be found around the forums. moderator.png- Moderators operate with the "day to day"; keeping the community positive, dealing with spammers/problem users, and generally participating frequently across the forum & chat. If you have a question, comment or concern - then you'll want to direct it towards your friendly neighborhood moderator."Technical Support" - (didn't see the image) Technical support are our AI companions in staffing duties. They do automated tasks like welcoming new members with important information to dig into the forum, and conduct beta tests for new features & cool stuff.halloffame.png - When you see a "Hall of Famer", you are seeing an exceptional user who has added to CODZ in monumental ways. Each individual is different, and it's quite hard to sum it up in once sentence - but basically anyone with this title has brought excellence & progress to CODZ in the form of content, back end work, overall presence, and knowledge.veteran.png- Veteran's have seen it all, been through their tour. They broke through to the other side, and often have stories to tell. These are our retired staff, the individuals who aided their abilities and gave selflessly for the good of the CODZ community.vip.pngor "Affiliate" - These VIP's (or Affiliates) are essentially well known YouTubers & internet personalities whom are also members here on CODZ. Some are more active then others, but all have provided support to/for CODZ.uotm.png- The cream of the crop, there can be only one User of the Month per month... and whomever wears the mighty cyan is indeed someone to look up to. The User of the Month competition is a years old tradition here at CODZ, the next UotM could be you!donor.png- Without our donors, CODZ would not exist. From $1 to $100, we appreciate every donation and are proud to see so much blue across the forum.member.png- The bread and butter of CODZ: our members. They formulate theories, craft strategies - and best of all, slay zombies.

Never knew there were actual definitions for them, good to see them though! Just gotta start working towards Hall of Fame now ;)

Yeah I was thinking the same thing too.  But when I look back at my body of work and how long I've been here, if I haven't earned it by now, I doubt it's ever going to happen...

- Mix

Hm, so no color for being around for years? That might be a good one to add. Even though I've been on this account for only a year.

I have kind of had an idea regarding this. No new colors methinks, but instead a little symbol  next to post count that dictates how long you've been around. An old forum I used to browse as a little kid had something like this, and I thought it was kinda cool. Maybe I'll make a thread on it eventually.

Perhaps staff may consider doing a huddle for new people to be added to the "Hall of Fame" group annually? I think it would be a nice, fun little event to have some year-end awards (which I still need to do...) and wrap the year up with some kind of crowning of CoDz latest additions to HoF. 

We award UOTM each month, perhaps we could just save HoF promotions for the grand finale?

• Administrators

Perhaps staff may consider doing a huddle for new people to be added to the "Hall of Fame" group annually? I think it would be a nice, fun little event to have some year-end awards (which I still need to do...) and wrap the year up with some kind of crowning of CoDz latest additions to HoF. 

We award UOTM each month, perhaps we could just save HoF promotions for the grand finale?

As long as it's kept prestigious enough that not too many people are being added, that's the only thing I can stress about Hall of Fame.
  • Administrators

As long as it's kept prestigious enough that not too many people are being added, that's the only thing I can stress about Hall of Fame.

Agreed and in progress. ;)

Yeah, that was my bad kinda. I wrote up those definitions not too long ago, and we just haven't implemented it yet into the site (i'm thinking it will be under "members" as a fly out, kind of like how under "medals" we have "zombification" as a fly out.)

Here is a standalone page though, in the meantime: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/page/usertitles.html

Do you all like our definitions?

• Moderators

Yeah, that was my bad kinda. I wrote up those definitions not too long ago, and we just haven't implemented it yet into the site (i'm thinking it will be under "members" as a fly out, kind of like how under "medals" we have "zombification" as a fly out.)

Here is a standalone page though, in the meantime: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/page/usertitles.html

Do you all like our definitions?

Two things: The word Members should be white and where the hell is the dutch usergroup? @Slade

I mean just look at this: Samara or Lenne. Ok this makes us look like french people so we have to resort to orange. :P

On a more serious note (I am still serious about the dutch usergroup.) I would support a HoF ceremony of some sorts. 

No doubt. But given it's awarded by staff as a whole, add on the fact they do this only once a year, I don't see more than 3-5 people being awarded the title at once each year, if that.

No doubt. But given it's awarded by staff as a whole, add on the fact they do this only once a year, I don't see more than 3-5 people being awarded the title at once each year, if that.

Why not round up the 12 winners of the user of the months and have a final vote for user of the year and Hall of Fame to the winner

Why not round up the 12 winners of the user of the months and have a final vote for user of the year and Hall of Fame to the winner

I don't think it would be something you could get just by getting Utom once in a year. It should be something prestigious and not easily gained. It would require long and positive participation on the site.

^ What he said.

Hall of Fame is and should be the absolute most prestigious title CoDz has to offer. People who've made their mark on CoDz in numerous ways in their time spent as a whole thus far and have been recognized by staff unanimously for their efforts.

• Administrators

^ What he said.

Hall of Fame is and should be the absolute most prestigious title CoDz has to offer. People who've made their mark on CoDz in numerous ways in their time spent as a whole thus far and have been recognized by staff unanimously for their efforts.

Yep, exactly as stated above. We don't want to turn the group into a UOTY. Have the additional input would force our hand and we don't want to add people in for the sake of adding people. Also it is very possible some of those users of the month may be eligible.