Staff thief rage...

AlphaSnake

Just WTF, they wait for you to get the parts then boom they steal the last part of the staff.

I've just played with four randoms & they stole them all.

First I did all the robots for the wind staff, even picking up the disk, someone is waiting in the wind crazy place to grab the crystal, he runs to the mound & grabs the staff, I thought ok no problem I'll go for fire.

I shot the plane again grab the disk from gen 6. Same shit again, they grab the crystal & my fire staff is now his.

I would have gone for the Ice & Lightning staffs but why bother when you know there are people like this just waiting for you to do the hard work only to screw you over.

So any one else had this?

Regards Alpha.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

This is definitely not the first time we have seen this. Die Rise/Sliquifier, Tranzit/Jet Gun, MotD/Blunderget Skulls. I had a guy steal my Ice staff the other day when I was downed and the staff was my third weapon. I asked him very nicely three times to return it. He didn't...so I ran him down with the tank :twisted:

The worst and most annoying byproduct of the staffs in the map is, I honestly can't remember the last time i got in a public lobby that didn't involve some sort of argument from so-and-so "called" this staff and the other guy wanted it and blah blah blah, give me a break about calling the staffs. Its not like calling shotgun! lol

Who gets what staff should be determined by need. soooooooo annoying

• Administrators

This is why I try to coordinate ahead of time with what player wants what staff. If nobody is talking/using their mics, then I assume it's all fair game. Before I even start grabbing any parts (and paying close attention to who's obtained what parts), I'll grab the element that has fewer staff parts obtained. For instance, I will grab the Wind element if there aren't any parts collected for it. But if the Fire Staff parts are pretty much maxed out, I leave it to the others to complete it.

Or if I end up getting my original staff stolen by greedy players, I let them suffer with it. If for some reason they "accidentally" bleed out, I'll happily take back my staff. Rage quitting generally follows right after.

I always go for Raygun and monkeys while these fools (randoms) waste their time on staffs only to get killed. I steal their kills and get the most of everything. I already know these randoms are not going to help me beat my high round close to 30. Even if I make it someone would always end up quitting because they bitch and moan for their favorite staff they didnt get.

you do realize that one person can have one staff at a time,right? just build the others and then you will still get one. unless if they constantly switch them out. then its annoying.

i had this happen. usually i just keep on playing and i get a staff,even if its not my favorite wind staff. everyone gets one,everyone wins :mrgreen:

wind staff > other staffs :twisted:

you do realize that one person can have one staff at a time,right? just build the others and then you will still get one. unless if they constantly switch them out. then its annoying.

i had this happen. usually i just keep on playing and i get a staff,even if its not my favorite wind staff. everyone gets one,everyone wins :mrgreen:

wind staff > other staffs :twisted:

I think he is simply upset about the fact that someone steals his staff when he puts in work going through the mud to find Parts for ice staff and robots foot for wind staff or fire staff. Something you typically expect from randoms unless you are playing with me and infest.

The same happened again tonight.

Several times I was left with the ice or lightning staffs as they appear to be the last to be thought about.

I was also called a noob & shite player because I don't have the double shot guns.

The very same player left the match cause a host migration which destroyed the game, your a true pro arn't you.

I really need a Codz team.

Met a few good players.

Regards Alpha.

• Tech Admin

Honestly, I'm sick to the back teeth of being the only person to worry about the shield parts, the only person to ensure as we move up, we collect the wind parts or to only dig when it snows - maximizing the possibility of having the ice parts early.

I'm tired of the "I want this staff, no I want it", randoms not spending points on opening doors, box whoring. I try to educate the uneducated but it's a waste of time.

I reckon a four player team, all with the same idea/objective. Could have all staffs built before the first pandzer comes (as well as have them all ready to be upgraded in Agartha, on round 8). Take out the pandzer and head down to Agartha on round 8 & on rounds 8/9 upgrade the staffs.

From then on, it would be very quick to fill the chests, get the one inch punch, airstrikes and then complete the Easter egg in the fastest time ever (I think it's achievable within 50 minutes or so with the right team).

I think the fastest time was 69 minutes and 10 seconds, having watched the video I learnt a lot but I also noticed time wasted (I think).

Doesn't need to be cut scene ending but making sure as we proceed from Gen1 to Gen6, the lighting panels are moved to the correct position (arrow pointing the correct way, not the flat side).

I've noticed worse. Just yesterday, I had all the pieces and the crystal for the Lightning Staff. I went down to get it built, but noticed a player was always around me since I got the crystal. Halfway down, I stopped and just hung about to see if he would do the same. Sure enough, he did the same and only moved when I went to the bottom.

You can call it paranoia, but he was by no means a bad player (only down, kills were in the 100) so there was no chance that he was simply scared of being by himself. I left and got it later but I'm sure he was gonna thief it soon as I built it :P

Yeah it's the more the annoyance level of worked for something for someone else to take.

Let's face it, all staffs work to round 50, and how many 4p random games are ever going to go past that.

Whatever you have, it will do the job.

I agree, the only reason I want any staff is to do the puzzles, If It was just for getting to high rounds I wouldn't be bothered so much.

This guy used all the ammo in the staff & takes the next.

I get there & no ammo to complete the step.

Given how random things can be with a bunch of randoms, I really don't know why I even try.

So, I think I'll just wait until I can get a good team from here to help old snake get some trophies.

Regards Alpha.

I agree, the only reason I want any staff is to do the puzzles, If It was just for getting to high rounds I wouldn't be bothered so much.

This guy used all the ammo in the staff & takes the next.

I get there & no ammo to complete the step.

Given how random things can be with a bunch of randoms, I really don't know why I even try.

So, I think I'll just wait until I can get a good team from here to help old snake get some trophies.

Regards Alpha.

We must play sometime man. I've got a busy work schedule, but I would love to get into some great games over the next couple weeks.

I usually run with DarkJolteon and AvengedLullaby, and we really want a fourth. :)

to only dig when it snows - maximizing the possibility of having the ice parts early.

Just fyi, this definitely does not work. Pretty much everyone thought this at first, but snow rounds have their own piles, usually much less than regular rounds. If you save a pile and it's there in a snow round, that was just happenstance. Plenty of 'saved' piles vanish at the start of a snow round. If you see it, dig it. Do not hold back, you are only hurting yourself.

While on topic of things that everybody does: The sheild...

Every twelve year old "perfectionist" insists on building it in the wind tunnel... But why? I actually prefer it be in a more ACCESSABLE area like the church or the workshop... MUCH less agravating to get it if you can just run through the workshop or ride the tank there... The wind tunnel has A: A giant robot foot to look out for and B: one way entrance without the gramophone and yellow disk already in place!

if you are the first person to grab the crystal for the staff you want, you are guarenteed that staff as it can not be buit without that crystal and you can only carry one crystal. And just be careful building the staff. its safe if no one is around you.

And alphasnake, add me on ps3, XLORDXSITHX

the only guy i play with on CODZ is Thejayjizzle. the rest are my grief buddies. i got some very solid players on my list, but it seems every time we attempt a high round their is always that one guys that makes excuses to leave, or just bad luck on the hosts part :( and keep trying to add me, i may have to delete a few ppl, its been a while. and also i dont have that much time for grief as i used to so i may just delete all my compitition and leave it up to our grief team leader to have those ppl added :D

While on topic of things that everybody does: The sheild...

Every twelve year old "perfectionist" insists on building it in the wind tunnel... But why? I actually prefer it be in a more ACCESSABLE area like the church or the workshop... MUCH less agravating to get it if you can just run through the workshop or ride the tank there... The wind tunnel has A: A giant robot foot to look out for and B: one way entrance without the gramophone and yellow disk already in place!

Exactly what I was thinking in the last game I played, the church is by far the best place. Without the tank there that place is massive for training. Add in the shield & you can just rinse & repeat if points are not an issue, your golden.

@XLORDXSITHX I'll add you next time I'm online. Hope to see you in the field soldier.

Regards Alpha.