Origins' Easter Egg Ending Discussion

Ehjookayted

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly believe it was a great ending. IM gonna go with what MrRoflWaffles said in his video, it showed us the beginning and end of an Era. More theories of how the story line can continue. More information, it wasn't a 'Cop-out' more like showing the beginning's of zombies, in the end of Black Ops 2 Era. Well...something along those lines.

They gave us what we wanted I presume.

I'd like a single tweet from jimmy or Reza or Someone from Treyarch to clear up some confusion but till then.

Pure speculation on next way the story line could go is my final answer. For 20000 points.

Am I one of the only ones that think this ending is probably one of the best ones they could have given us for this map?

If you look at this ending on the surface then you may feel as if you have been lead astray for the past few years, it was all just a game! But if you start to look deeper you will see a lot that can come from this, just look at Fated's theory above as an example!

This could well have been a game 'Eddy' and 'Sam' were playing together, 'Origins' may not have even been real! This could actually be where zombies started, in a little room! Sam and Eddy (presuming it is Rich) want to be in control of a zombie apocalypse, it shows their power status', Sam is always in control.

Everything else other than the map origins can still happen, as Vonderhaar said this is only one possible view (of many) on how it all started, it doesn't mean it is true ;) Nikolia, Dempsey, Takeo and Mexican can still be captured, super soldiers... you get the idea.

If this is it then what happened to the O4 on moon? Aren't we going to stop all of the zombies? Sam hasn't gotten her body back, the N4 are 'Buried', are we going to save them? This and a thousand more questions still don't have their matching answers...

I have to completely disagree with the arguments that are saying this was all a cop out, Treyarch have done brilliantly on this, people always said about how it would be cool if there was one on going easter egg, well here it is! If this was the ending then I'm satisfied, I applaud Treyarch, it isn't like they haven't given us hints the whole way though ;)

Der Reise "I want to play a game", Kino teleportation 'Samantha's room with the toys of the O4', the bear in the box, Richtofen 'Buried' "I've won Maxis". If it all was just one big game then I say 'good game' Treyarch! I look forward to more mind games :D Many, many games have a sequel...

this makes one wonder if maxis created the zombies and everything else just for samantha and because richtofen wants his turn he sets out to remove samantha from power and put himself in power

I like this a lot! I don't know why but when watching the ending I got the impression that Sam was spoilt, possibly 'Daddy's little girl' wanting everything she wants and as he was a scientist, he gets it.

Sorry for the long writing, I just want to show that this ISN'T a cop out and there can still be more but if not then the ending was great none the less! It isn't over until it's over!!!

This map wasn't the end, in fact, it was actually just the beginning 8-)

I can understand why this "ending" has people either outraged, overlooking the ending, or trying to justify it. But, I see it this way: We knew Zombies would end, I personally knew I probably wouldn't like the end when Treyarch pulled the plug on the only game I play anymore. I'm sure they knew people wouldnt like the end either. However, look where we've come from. Zombies was just a fun mimigame, then Verrukt gave us messages we ignored until Shi No Numa, which gave us more questions than answers. I figured that they built the story around the map they were putting out, not the other way round. They may have planned a little, but it can only go so far. I'm happy with the ending. There's nothing wrong with it being a game, I still experienced the epicness that is Zombies, the ending hasn't taken that away from me. If Treyarch continues the storyline of Zombies after this, I wanna see it go bigger, but keeping it's roots at making us work to find our story, not just hearing voices and completing steps like what Ascension-Present had us searching for teammates over.

• Administrators

People compare it to a lost story line, but that is incorrect. It actually follows a saved by the bell motif. The tranzit four were the new class. Keeping around a few key characters like screech (richtofen) and Mr Belding (maxis), but in the end realizing they had made a huge mistake and rolled out the college years (the return of the o4). My prediction: 6 seasons and a movie.

Ive been up for two days, I hope you enjoyed the dlc drop as much as I did!

gonna try to make a list of all the things in the cut-scene that have been seen before in other maps or are a reference to our story

eclipse outside

Tranzit bus

MOTD zombie

Buried zombie

Panzer zombie

Ascension rocket

Toys of the 04 excluding tank (possibly shown through POV of the tank figure)

Jug bottle

MOTD candels

MOTD poster (Escape the Tomb)

zombie in space suit

manikin

Teddy bear

gramophone playing song

Origins giant robot

MP40 wall drawing

W@W style radio

Tallies on bed post showing Eddie:10 Sam:20

monkey bomb

Toy box with "?"

stones from shangri-la

Golden Rod plus focusing stone

Bow

Plane similar to one crashed in nach opening

Top of P-A-P housing form der riese

935 symbol without the numbers

I can't recognize/make out the posters on the walls so if anyone can add them that would be great

I think it was a fantastic ending. There have been hints right from the start- so many - that it was a child's game. Richtofen and Sam both say as much several times over the years. The way they swap turns at taking control. The points thing, and the way it confuses the characters who don't have a clue why Sam and Richie are talking about "points".

Think about the way imaginative children play with toys - mixing them all up together and having adventures with robots versus action men and whatever completely random things are lying around - even toys that don't fit in with the others at all (Leroy?) I definitely used to make my miniature soldiers ride around on the back of my sister's My Little Ponies.

It's a beautiful ending in my opinion and also raises a lot of questions (which is the best sort of ending really - we moan about it but it keeps us thinking about the story long after a conventional "flat" ending where all the storylines are resolved and everyone lives happily ever after).

As far as the setting goes, I think it's a possibility the children's game is taking place during the Black Ops 2 storyline - there are sirens going off, which probably means some kind of world-wide war is going on like in the campaign storylines, and it's clearly supposed to be a modern or near-modern setting.

And then the "My dad's got a plan..." line is the final curve-ball - genius!

Anyone old enough to remember Monkey Island 2's ending will love the ending of this game. I can see why kids might be pissed off. For those who don't remember it this game pretty much rips off the ending of MI2 - which I played and finished when I was a kid and to be honest, it pissed me off then as well! But in the many years between I've come to see it as a piece of genuinely great storytelling. I'm confident that Zombies will be seen in the same light by most people eventually.

It's just not particularly satisfying in an ultimate way. It justifies some things really well, and it's not like it's out of the blue or anything. And something I like about it is it's an ending that is also not one, if you get what I mean; it can continue or not, it works both ways.

But, I mean, like... eh... really? Like, really?

I am just kind of conflicted. Leaning kind of more towards liking, in kind of an odd feeling way though.

It's just not particularly satisfying in an ultimate way. It justifies some things really well, and it's not like it's out of the blue or anything. And something I like about it is it's an ending that is also not one, if you get what I mean; it can continue or not, it works both ways.

But, I mean, like... eh... really? Like, really?

I am just kind of conflicted. Leaning kind of more towards liking, in kind of an odd feeling way though.

We all feel somewhat shocked and surprised when we see that ending for the first time. It's pretty normal since we were all expecting some grand stuff, maybe a mystical power shining down upon our heroes, something like that. But instead, we get two little kids playing with zombie action figures. It's hard to accept, but with a little bit of theory, it can be justified.

Of course, what Treyarch should do now is have someone step up and justify the ending as well. Because the majority of people on the internet are going rage mode over this :roll:

gonna try to make a list of all the things in the cut-scene that have been seen before in other maps or are a reference to our story

eclipse outside

Tranzit bus

MOTD zombie

Buried zombie

Panzer zombie

Ascension rocket

Toys of the 04 excluding tank (possibly shown through POV of the tank figure)

Jug bottle

MOTD candels

MOTD poster (Escape the Tomb)

zombie in space suit

manikin

Teddy bear

gramophone playing song

Origins giant robot

MP40 wall drawing

W@W style radio

Tallies on bed post showing Eddie:10 Sam:20

monkey bomb

Toy box with "?"

stones from shangri-la

Golden Rod plus focusing stone

Bow

Plane similar to one crashed in nach opening

Top of P-A-P housing form der riese

935 symbol without the numbers

I can't recognize/make out the posters on the walls so if anyone can add them that would be great

Funny enough you actually missed the elephant in the room, and by elephant I meant the N4 under the bed beside the bed leg with the tally marks, well more like N3, as misty is not seen which is kind of funny since Dempsey isn't either (POV theory I know) but kinda funny since once upon a time a lot of people thought something of the two, maybe treyarch implemented this on purpose? Who knows.

On an off topic IM SO FREAKING PISSED OFF THERE WAS NO REPLACERS VIDEO, ya know to round out the 4 people that should have been in the car with Stomare lol. Ah well from the third video you could tell Treyarch/Activision lost interest in this media form as they did NO REPLACING :(

Just an afterthought: If this is a child's game with toys and little girl...they have problems. Look at our characters, their language, their attitude, their mental stability. Sam and Eddy need therapy or something...

This might just be the key :lol: I'm thinking the children only played a family-friendly game, acting out what happened... What we play is the real thing 8-)

It's clever as hell because it fits in so much of the story - the way things keep going around in circles, and the "Have we been here before..?" stuff - kids play the same favourite games over and over. The hell hounds fit in - obviously Samantha's dog would be pretty devastating to their game when he leaps in and starts tearing up the toys, like dogs do.

Can't think of the explanation for how Maxis taking control (briefly) fits into the meta-world explanation. And the MOTD announcer, and hundreds of other things...but I'm sure people will come up with interesting theories about it that I can't wait to read.

I want to believe that this cutscene is before Der Riese or something, and is actually the origins. But it just isn't. You can see the N4, the tranzit characters and everything in that room, suggesting that EVERY map has just been in Sam's head. I've been here since WAW, and am quick to defend more or less everything Treyarch do, but this ending is horrific. Its a cop out, because they fucked it up and made the story too complex by continuing it after BO1. Nothing is explained, why did Maxis need those towers to be activated? More importantly, why the f is a little American girl daydreaming about her other American friend cutting the brains out of her German father? Why does here voice even change? How can she come up with all this in her head? How does she know about Vrill energy and the Black Sun? Seriously, I loved this story, but it appears to have been one giant troll, they kept complicating it and complicating it with zero intention of tying up anything. Consider me beyond disappointed.

I loved it. I never paid much attention to the story line just played so its sort of funny to see it be probably kids playing. Like someone said earlier about 3arch knowing this was the directions all along bravo if thats true. Honestly I think they just wanted to end it and didn't have a logical out. And for the person that said 3arch needs to explain so people don't stop playing, sorry thats not true. This may shock you but id say maybe 20% of the total people playing even know about the whole story line. This opens the door for new stories and maybe they can start a new one and not have everyone bitch bc its not the old 4.

In a side note I loved the swipe at zombies and girls. Its soo wrong but so true. Not trying to offend so no need to debate how thats sexiest and this is 2013. Lol

Something about the cutscene and the whole map just doesn't feel right.. I honestly think we are in an alternate universe where this is really not what happened in our storyline but what happened in another. I honestly wonder how to kids could think up all these things like cycles, the celebrities in COTD, the MPD, all the scientific things that came along with it, ect.. I could understand if it was just zombies but it's all the other things that have happened make it kind of impossible for children to think it up. To me the whole map doesn't feel right.. I don't know why it just really doesn't.

do you have kids? their imaginations are nuts.

That's what I'm saying lmao my two year old will babble nonsense for minutes straight, not making a lick of sense but her body language and emotions range to suggest SHE KNOWS WHAT THE FUCK SHE'S TALKING ABOUT lol.

Otherwise to them it may just be simple things but since we are in the game it becomes another reality entirely based on their presumed knowledge of events. Also the time difference can be explained that there's no real conclusive evidence this isn't 2025 or higher so that information could be privy to the children.

Firstly, let's assume Treyarch didn't make any mistake in their story telling and assume all that we have is "cannon". Otherwise, theory-crafting would be nonsense.

Ok - firstly, let's state some facts i think people are missing:

1. Ending movie cannot be in WW2 era. It's afterwar times (i think cold war, same time as "Five")

- Their pyjamas (minor hint) don't fit WW2 era

- Toy bomber in box (plastic bomber toy during WW2 era?)

- Bus toy related to modern bus from America (whole Tranzit place - maybe they were there? Maxis could work there.)

- Assention map mentioned (cold war era - how WW2 child in Germany would imagine Russian space program?)

- Nuketown, N4 mentioned (clearly modern times)

- Shelters in basement (era of permanent danger of nuclear war)

2. There is no "Five" toys in ending

Anyone noticed? NOTHING from this map.

3. No Call of the dead in ending

It comes far after cold war.

4. "Dentist" chair in Kino der Toten

Another hint about modern USA? This room looks like many CIA rooms introduced in BO1/BO2. Samantha must have seen one?

Conclusion:

I think O4/N4 story was a child imagination builded up to her life with dad, German scienesist - probably caputred by Americans and working for them in Pentagon project? Moreover i think ending takes place in USA. "True" zombie outbreak takes place in "Five" (just when we hear siren?), due to Maxis past research. Its also this "plan". Samantha know a lot of zombie stories / conspiracy theories from her father, so that's why we spoted them. However, i have no theory about Call of the dead.

Well, i think we should start looking for hints in "Five". Just an idea. I know this map was like "fun mode", but... Why they put almost all map-connected stuff into her room skipping this?