Mob of the Dead Storyline Analysis

Our story of Mob of the Dead begins with the end of the easter egg, as the Demonic Controller provides the evidence of what REALLY happened with our mobsters before the events of Mob of the Dead.

My name is Stanley Ferguson. I was a guard at Alcatraz from 1933 to 1942. Today, I'm going to give you some insight into one of the more interesting tales of the prison's history. Over the decades, Alcatraz has seen more than its fair share of escape attempts. However, few are as audacious as the one undertaken by four inmates on New Year's Eve, 1933. Thought to be the brainchild of an inmate by the name of Albert Arlington, the outrageous scheme was as unlikely as its mastermind.

Just how the Weasel managed to convince these hardened criminals that such a plan was even possible remains a mystery to this day. What is known is that no such plane was ever built. Instead, the group's plans for freedom soon descended into bitter argument and in-fighting.

And so it was here, beneath the dark and stormy winter skies, that the hapless Arlington met his grisly end, bleeding to death on the cold concrete roof. For their participation in the murder, the three collaborators were sent to death by Electric Chair. Justice came swiftly. On the morning of January 19, 1934, the execution order was carried out.

In these audio recordings, a guard from Alcatraz, Ferguson, is heard telling the story of what really happened to the four mobsters as they devised a daring escape plan to get off the rock.

Al Arlington, or The Weasel was an associate of Salvatore DeLuca's crew. He had been incarcerated before the other three, and was one of the first prisoners to arrive at Alcatraz Island in the early 1930's. On February 26, 1932, Al begins drawing schematics of the airplane he plans to use to escape Alcatraz. The plans take many months to perfect, and after he finally completes them, he makes an entry into his journal describing what needs to be done next.

"I've completed the aircraft's schematics, using only components that I know can be found within the grounds. However, everything hinges on gaining the trust and help of some of the facility's most notorious residents.

They may make fun of me sometimes, but they know I can do anything if I set my mind to it. I've planned enough jobs for them in the past to know that I can convince them to join me as Icarus takes flight.

Speaking of Icarus, same old story. The Editor defaced my art, scrawling nasty little comments on every page.

When I get out, I'll show him how wrong he is..."

Al notes that he is receiving help from an outside source from outside the prison. The Editor appears to have knowledge of aircraft and flight, as he provides feedback on what would work. Al makes a promise to get his revenge once he gets out. But first, he must complete his plans of escaping, and the first step is to secure pawns that will help him in his plans. Luckily for Al, during his time planning the escape, his old acquaintances Sal DeLuca, Billy Handsome, and Finn O'Leary arrive at Alcatraz Prison.

Billy Handsome was Sal's go to guy when he needed a guy whacked. No matter what the case, he would get the job done. Billy looked up to DeLuca, and was willing to do anything to please him. He was eventually convicted on 116 counts of murder, and was sent to Alcatraz.

With the plan falling apart, anger and frustration would ultimately lead to a brutal altercation between the misguided Arlington and his former co-conspirators. Armed only with makeshift weapons, Finn O'Leary, Sal DeLuca, and Billy Handsome, lured the unsuspecting Arlington to the roof, where they planned to exact a bloody and violent revenge.

So when we play during Mob of the Dead, we are in this form of Purgatory. The box from Hell, the triplet of Helldogs (Cerberus, a three-headed "Hellhound" that guarded the gates of Hell). All references to what is awaiting them. According to the sign seen within the cafeteria, this altered state of Purgatory is occurring two years in the past. Why this date? I'm not sure, but what's interesting is that it is exactly two years before the events described in the radios by Ferguson.

1/1/32 = 1/1/3+2 = 1/1/5 ;)

Al's soul arrives in Purgatory, he finds himself reliving the night of his death. Unable to convince the other three to help them, it always ends with the same outcome: He is beaten to death on the rooftop of the jail cell. He is forced to repeat this cycle of death and purgatory until the other three can be persuaded otherwise. As he continues to repeat the cycle, he notices more and more familiarities each time. He begins to realize the repeating tasks, and writes notes to himself about the Afterlife in his journal. He notes symbols that he begins to see in his head, symbols that represent the Afterlife. Before finishing these notes to himself, he makes a final comment "REMEMBER THIS AL, DON'T FORGET!" in hopes he will remember what exactly he needs to do in the next cycle.

As Al's soul is repeating the cycle, the other three are being tried for their crimes. The verdict is swift, and stiff: death sentences for all three. 19 days after the initial murder, the men are executed by means of electric chair. And just like Al, all three souls travel to Purgatory within the altered Alcatraz. When they arrive, they begin to relive the night of their escape. The night begins again with Al crying in pain to the guard with a stomach ache. Ferguson notes this wasn't the first time he's tried this. Before, Al was not able to go through with the murder, and chickened out on killing Ferguson, thus repeating the cycle.

"Are you scared Al? You should be. If they don't already suspect you, they will soon, and then what? What will you do when the truth's revealed? When your whole house of cards comes tumbling down. Will you confess, or will you run? Where will you run Albert? All around the mulberry bush? There's nowhere to run, there's nowhere to hide. You know there's only one way this is gonna end up. Poor, poor Weasel."

The four are able to reach the rooftop of the prison. But instead of the three betraying Weasel on the roof, they build the aircraft seen in Al's journal.

"It's working! Looks just like my drawings" exclaims Al after the plane is built on the make shift runway. The mobsters take one last look and kiss Alcatraz goodbye, as they begin their flight through the stormy night sky.

"That's a strange looking storm." notes Billy as they begin to take flight.

The aircraft miraculously holds elevation, but things take a turn for the worse. Their flight is ended. A bolt of lightning from the surrounding thunderstorm strikes the aircraft, and they are forced off course as they quickly lose elevation. They find themselves heading directly towards the Golden Gate bridge. Unable to control the aircraft, the plane crashes over the top of the bridge, and the mobsters fall to the roadway being constructed below.

When they come to, they realize they're back at the Golden Gate bridge. They have relived this event before, and Weasel tries to tell them this.

Sal: This place… It's weird. I think we've been here before.

Finn: Sure we have. It's the Golden Gate Bridge.

Sal: New Year's Eve. It's always New Year's Eve!

Billy: What are you talking about, Sal? You ain't making any sense.

Weasel: Sal's right. The plane, the escape plan. We've done it all before.

The three are beginning to feel the same way that Al does, and realize they are repeating the same night as they reflect to themselves about the events.

Sal: "All of this for nothing? I am done with this stuff, ya hear me!? I'm done. I don't know what the fuck is going on, but I ain't playing no more. Either wake me up, or just fucking kill me already! You hear me!? I'm done!"

Finn: "This is all just a game, isn't it? A big, twisted, fucked up game. What am I suppose to do? Come to some great realization about my life? Throw myself to the ground and beg for forgiveness? Well I got news for you, it's not gonna happen!

Billy: "Where the fuck? What is this shit? The bridge, the fireworks over the city. I know I've been here before, I just don't know why. Is there something I have to do? Something I'm suppose to say? Answer me!

While the three are still trying to get a grasp on what's occurring, Al questions why he's been put in Purgatory like the others. He does not possess the same evil qualities that the other three have.

Al: "I don't even know why I'm here. I'm not like the others. Not like em at all. Sal, Handsome, Finn, they're all stone cold killers. Those bastards are evil to the core. So why me? Why am I here!? Why dammit!?"

Left without any viable exit from their location on the bridge, all hope begins to fade. Zombies quickly begin to storm the bridge, and their old fiend Brutus makes another return to harass the four.

Suddenly, a lightning flashes across the bridge, and four electric chairs appear. Their fate seems to be coming clearer by the minute. Hell begins to seem like a better option for guys like Billy and Finn, and they beg for it before ultimately resorting to using the electric chair to kill themselves, thus repeating the cycle.

They return to the prison, and a sense of hopelessness begins to fall upon Sal and the guys.

7WfcIqC152M

As they begin to kill the incoming hordes, a zombie's death triggers a wolf like creature on the wall, sent straight from the depths of hell. The gang goes on to kill 5 more zombies feeding what would later be discovered as The Beast, a reference to Cerberus, the 3 headed doglike creature that guarded the gates of hell, stopping the living form entering and the doomed souls from escaping.

The name describes exactly what the weapon is used for. The Native American weapon held supernatural powers, forcing the souls of the zombies killed by it to travel to hell to be redeemed by The Controller. However, upon these souls being retrieved by the tomahawks, they are only sent back into Alcatraz to face the mobsters.

The gang doesn't know what to do. They are forced to redo the events of the past cycle and rebuild the plane, even with doubts it'll actually make a difference. Reluctantly, they search the prison to find the fuel cans, which would be needed to refuel the "engine" of their aircraft. After they refuel the plane, they're ready to once again attempt their escape from the island.

They board the plane yet again, and begin their fateful flight. And again, the storm strikes the plane, sending it into the Golden Gate bridge. All four of the members begin to understand why they're there.

Finn: We're not ever getting out. Not now. Not ever.

Billy: Why do we keep doing the same shit over and over? Are we in hell?

Sal: I don't think so. I don't think hell knows what to do with us.

Weasel: We're in purgatory.

And just like the events of the past, the others start to suspect Weasel might somehow be behind it.

Sal: "I got it now Weasel, I know what you did. You shoved something into my food. Something to make me hallucinate all this. What I don't know, is why? Yeah, I get it Weasel, and you can be damn sure you get it too! Soon as I wake up."

Finn: "It can't be like this forever. There has to be a way to break the cycle. What did I do wrong? How do I put things right? What the hell do you want from me?"

Al: "They all think its me. They think I did something to them. They're thinking "another scheme, some roost, a game. I didn't do anything, why won't they believe me? I just want to understand!"

The cycle continues, as the mobsters are ultimately overrun at the bridge and forced to enter the electric chairs to return to purgatory and into their empty bodies at Alcatraz. Upon their arrival at the prison, one of the souls notices a glowing skull while in the afterlife. When they return to their bodies, the skull has dissapperead. One of the mobsters however decides to throw the Hell's Retriever at the location, and the skull is pulled from the afterlife.

Al was familiar with this weapon, and had seen it before. He was also aware of a way to upgrade the weapon with parts found in the prison. The result is an Acid Gat, a gun capable of spraying a highly corrosive acid with the pull of the trigger. Before leaving the room, The Controller announces himself, and warns the prisoners of their impending doom. "Prisoner 872, your time is up!".

After acquiring the Blundergat and leaving the Warden's office, a new doorway can be seen while in the afterlife leading to a narrow hallway behind a group of cells. Within the hallway, a spork can be found on the ground near a skull. One of the souls zaps the spork, and it's returned to the cafeteria from which it came. When they arrive back at the office, another Hell's Retriever is throw at the spork, pulling it from the afterlife and into the arms of the mobsters.

Ready to make what they hope will now be their final flight from Alzatraz, they begin to refuel the plane. After acquiring all five gas cans, they get the engine's refueled and ready for takeoff. With their hopes up that things will change, they depart from The Rock. "We're going down again!?" shouts Al as the plane is struck by lightning. To the four's dismay, the plane crashes into the Golden Gate bridge again, and they find themselves stranded at the bridge.

Sal: "Fuuuck. What do you want from me, huh? Oh no, oh no is this it? Is this all there is? I escape, but then I don't escape? Somebody? Am I suppose to learn something from all this? Answer me damn you!"

Billy: "How do I stop this? What am I suppose to do? I don't understand! Ican't change what I've done, so you might as well just end this. Kill me, kill me right here right now, I'm not afraid to die!"

Al: "Is it the other? Are they behind this? No, it doesn't add up. How could they be? What am I dreaming? Am I dead? Do I just need to wake up, and all this ends? I need an answer, something that makes sense!

Finn begins to question what has brought all this to Alcatraz, and what has caused the evil events that have been occurring, and recognizes the Warden and Ferguson might be behind it.

Finn: "How's my more times? What do I need to understand? This is some kind of black magic voo doo shit?! Someone make this all happen? The warden? Was it the stuff in his office that caused all this? I wanna know the truth. I wanna know who's behind this. I wanna know what they want. Is it cause of the guard we shanked? What was so special about him? What made him different? I can't change the past, I wish I could but I just can't."

The four have now repeated the cycle for a third time without success, and it would seem that nothing can ever be done do change what happened and fix the past. Al has now completed the three stages of redemption in order to repent for his sins and fix the mistakes of the past. He is now ready to return to the bridge for a final time.

And after gathering up the fuel cans, that is exactly what they do.

This time however, the four enter the afterlife before boarding the plane to escape. This would serve as a crucial step in order to escape Alcatraz. When they make their journey across the bay, they arrive on the bridge to find their empty bodies in the electric chairs. Instead of repeating the cycle of dying at the bridge and reviving themselves back at Alcatraz, they die at Alcatraz and revive their empty bodies at the bridge. This process is able to reverse the occurring cycle, and as a result Al is able to break the cycle, and escape Purgatory.

But he's not free quite yet. In order to fully redeem himself for the events of the past, he must kill his murderers in order to stop the cycle from repeating. Al is not sure why he has been chosen, but the others have reached the conclusion that Weasel is at fault. And like the events of the night when Al was originally killed, the gang turn on him. As the zombies begin to crowd the bridge and the final showdown is taking place, the three notices the zombies and Brutus are not going after Al.

Finn: "Look who's pal-ing around with the Weasel."

Weasel: "No, no. I didn't do nothing! I'm not the bad guy."

Finn: "You're gonna die for real this time!"

Al Arlington as now fallen out of the sights of Lucifer after resolving his past sins, and the zombies and Brutus react by going for the other three mobsters on the bridge. With the end in sight, the Weasel begins to fire upon his betrayers, seeking the the revenge he so rightfully deserved. With the help of the distraction that the zombies presented, Al is able to kill all three of the mobsters that had once left him bleeding to death on the roof of Alcatraz.

Immediately after Al kills the last mobster, the zombies fall to the ground, and the battle for redemption is over as Al escapes the grasps of Lucifer and Purgatory. Sal, Finn, and Handsome are left to answer to The Controller.

So I don't get it, what date is MotD?

Well, the answer isn't exactly clear, and I think there's an explanation for that. I really hate to say it, but I think the alternate zombies team that created Mob of the Dead goofed up their reference material. I mean we have a cafeteria sign that states New years 31/1932, the radios from Ferguson say New year 1933/1934, a water tower built after 1941, and the Golden Gate bridge that can been seen at a certain step in the construction process, which dates to 1936-1937. There are literally too many dates to pinpoint one they were going for.

I think one important thing to note is that it is purgartory, so maybe things simply won't add up. But the fact that a cafeteria sign says January 1 1932, and the water tower dates from 1940-1941 makes no sense. It would have to be one or the other.

All these things for me show some things will never add up as far as a solid date goes. I hate to say it, but unless they somehow explain it in future DLC, I think they goofed it up on the dates.

So who's in charge of the zombies?

I'm just going to say it. Lucifer. But we can just call him the Demonic Controller, or The Controller. I believe this was the darker entity that Samantha spoke of on Moon. The original soul in charge.

This Aether energy has been around for a long time, and it appears from Mob of the Dead that Lucifier once had control of this power before Group 935 tapped into it's powers through 115 and Samantha and Richtofen took their reign.

I've been saying this since Black Ops, but there is a direct correlation between the energy within Element 115 and the energy that Richtofen seeks.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?15570-115-Casimir-Effect-Vril-Energy

So why the Golden Gate bridge?

The Halfway to Hell Club

An exclusive club organized by the men who fell from the Golden Gate Bridge in 1936 and 1937 and were saved by the safety nets. One of the clubs earliest members was Iron Worker Al Zampa who fell into the safety nets in October 1936.

According to Zampa when a man fell to his death from a bridge it was said "he's gone to hell." The men who fell and were saved by the nets were said to have fallen only "half way to hell."

Zampa goes on: "There were ten of us that fell into the nets those first few weeks. Four got hurt. I was one of them. We were in the hospital together. We formed the club right there in St. Luke's Hospital."

Newspaper accounts sketch out some details and give some of the names of the 19 members who rounded out the club. No complete list of names has been found and only one photo is known to exist from that time of the early group.

The Golden Gates of Heaven

"There is a gate in heaven. One day, heaven will extend through this gate unto earth. There is a gate on earth. On that day this gate will first receive the extension of heaven. Both of these gates are known respectively as golden gates. Those not fit to enter heaven are denied entrance at the gates, and descend into Hell"

"In the ancient east the names of temple gates were significant as were the gates believed to lead into and out of heaven. The primary gate of heaven was known as the golden gate. From it, the gods ascended and descended. This gate has been written of from antiquity to modern times."

Could the Golden Gate bridge represent some sort of gateway between Heaven, Hell, and Earth? There seems to be significance to the bridge area itself in the game. It serves as a final location before Al can escape Purgatory. The Hell's Retriever is used to capture souls of the zombies there and return them to Hell (possibly a reference to how Cerberus guarded the gates of Hell.) Just things to consider when examining the significance of the Golden Gate.

So why do they have to go to the Golden Gate three times?

Well I'm not quite sure, but it's gotta have something to do wit the significance of the number three in terms of religion, among other things. The rule of three is a common concept of many different religions including Christianity and Buddhism among others.

It also appears Al was forced to repeat the events that night three times in order to fulfill the three stages of redemption for his sins, another concept in Christianity.

Please be patient with me as I fill in more of the gaps with this. There's is still a lot of stuff I feel I left out, but will continue to update in the following month. Once we got the quotes from the PC guys, I'll do a full revisal with much more detail. This thread has been long overdue, so I thought I'd just release it now.

Any and all feedback is welcomed as we work out the significance of Mob of the Dead

Shooter

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody Brains Shooter.

Man I love your stories & summaries. I haven't looked into all the dates & details for Motd, so I thank you for putting them in one beautifully written thread. I shall be using this thread many times over the next couple of weeks as I work on a project of my own.

Great work again mate & thanks for spending the time writing this. I will have a few re-reads of this.

Great read man.

As for the dates, I personally think there isn't one.

I think people are thinking too hard about the dates.

Purgatory doesn't take place in the space and time of reality.

It is on its own plane of existence, date and time is irrelevant.

But that's my speculation.

I agree with most of what you posted, except there are a few things together.

(Random, but could Finn's wife actually be Samantha's mother? )

Anyway, Finn's wife sends them to prison all around the same time.

The Weasel appears to have made deals with at least 2 people. The editor, and either Ferguson or the Warden. It's possible that the Warden and Ferguson made a deal, and then another with Weasel.

Why do I say he made a deal? I think it should be obvious that somehow there is a deal with the "devil" or some demonic entity being made. I'll write up much more later, I want to play before work but I'll post up everything.

Ultimately I believe that there is 1 main controller of the zombies, and smaller groups who can control hell zombies or 115 zombies. 115 I believe is simply a way to break through the aetheral wall and gain access from the demonic side, which is controlled by said demonic force. Akin to Samantha saying that something worse than Richtofen lies in the Aether.

For a long time I have been saying that I believe Maxis "blew up the Earth" if that was his intention, in order to make Richtofen spend the rest of eternity in the MTD facing his own mind. Asking questions like "What did I do to deserve this", etc, etc.

So you have hell zombies, demonic controller, and purgatory which forces people to repeat events over, and over. Then you have 115 zombies, which can be manipulated and powered by different groups, and the MTD is acting as a personal "hell" for 1 person.

"Outstanding. Out-fucking standing, Shooter"

This is simply excellent. What an amazing read. + All the brains in the world to you for this.

With the visit to the bridge 3 times thing, I believe it to have something with redemption. Think about it. We have the Redeemer, which is a dead giveaway, but we also have the 666 Beast feeds, and are trying to counteract that with God's number, 333. To break the cycle, we are redeeming Weasel.

Wow, thank you for all the awesome comments and compliments guys! Can't say how great it is to get this type of feedback. THANK YOU to all! :D

Let me apologize for not getting back to your guys' questions yesterday. To be honest, I've actually been recovering from a pretty bad cold the last week or so that I've been trying to get over. I actually fought through it the other night to get this thread out to you guys. Quite frankly, I'm not very happy with the end. I feel like I might have rushed the end a bit, but hey this is still an unfinished thread.

Today is the first day I started feeling like I'm getting better, so ill get back to all your guys questions tonight when I get home. There's a few other unfinished threads I need to get out as well, so hopefully I can get one of them put tonight as well.

Thanks again guys! And keep the questions and comments coming!

I've used this image once before, but this thread begs for repetition:

MIND BLOWN

the board in the cafeteria, the halfway to hell club, the ties to Ferguson - I'd never realized any of this. Your analysis is a pillar of knowledge, and overall EPIC.

Question - are you going to delve more heavily into Arlington's "Icarus from Mars" drawing/symbolism?

Ok, I finally sat down and read this from start to finish. Gotta say, excellent work here Shooter. I learned some new stuff here, like the 666 code and the cafeteria sign.

I believe this fits somewhere in your theory about the characters needing to repent:

LAUNDRY IN MACHINE

FOR YOUR PAST SINS

CANNOT WASH CLEAN

As far as dates go, I'm going with New Years. Seeing Fireworks in the sky makes me think that the date we play on is a date worthy of celebration. So New Years day seems to fit. As far as Treyarch goofing up all the historical dates of their references material, unfortunately that's the norm. Took us like one day to realize major inconsistencies with things like Al's sketches pre-dating production of comic books, the construction of the bridge, the water tower being 10 years off. I could go on and on about this map alone (don't even get me started with the BO maps). When it comes to actual dates in the maps, I'm so over stressing about that part.

I also liked your connection about the Golden Gate bridge as representing the Golden Gates to Heaven. I've been thinking about that possibility myself in my own theorizing. In this story-arc, Al "Weasel" is paralleling the mythology of Icarus. Al has a deep affinity to the story of Icarus. If you study the story of Icarus, you'll find it has an underlying theme about a man attempting ascension and being struck down by the heavens right before the finish line.

The falling "halfway to hell" stuff feels like a good historical fit too.

- Mix

I agree with most of what you posted, except there are a few things together.

(Random, but could Finn's wife actually be Samantha's mother? )

Hard to speculate on as there's not really a lot to support it. I do find it interesting though that the supposed date of Mob of the Dead is in the same range as Samantha's birth, which would roughly be around 1935. Heh, 935, never noticed that.

Anyway, Finn's wife sends them to prison all around the same time.

I'm under the impression Al was locked up at Alcatraz before the other three arrive based on some of the characters quotes. He has more knowledge of the Warden, the guards, the buildable items than the others, and there are quotes from the others about how Al's been locked away too long.

The other three were most likely locked up around the same time in mid 1932.

The Weasel appears to have made deals with at least 2 people. The editor, and either Ferguson or the Warden. It's possible that the Warden and Ferguson made a deal, and then another with Weasel.

Why do I say he made a deal? I think it should be obvious that somehow there is a deal with the "devil" or some demonic entity being made. I'll write up much more later, I want to play before work but I'll post up everything.

I'm sure he's made a deal with the Editor. The Editor must be giving Al advice to help him escape for a reason. For what still remains to be seen.

As for the Warden and Ferguson, there is most certainly something fishy going on. There are two story significant quotes that reference both the Warden and the "shit it his office", as well as the significance to the guard they killed (Ferguson). Al seemed to be aware of these occurrences, as he has quotes mentioning the Blundergat and the Warden among other things.

I look forward to your write up! ;)

Ultimately I believe that there is 1 main controller of the zombies, and smaller groups who can control hell zombies or 115 zombies. 115 I believe is simply a way to break through the aetheral wall and gain access from the demonic side, which is controlled by said demonic force. Akin to Samantha saying that something worse than Richtofen lies in the Aether.

For a long time I have been saying that I believe Maxis "blew up the Earth" if that was his intention, in order to make Richtofen spend the rest of eternity in the MTD facing his own mind. Asking questions like "What did I do to deserve this", etc, etc.

So you have hell zombies, demonic controller, and purgatory which forces people to repeat events over, and over. Then you have 115 zombies, which can be manipulated and powered by different groups, and the MTD is acting as a personal "hell" for 1 person.

The similarities are quite intriguing, aren't they? Hell has always been an implied thing in various aspects of zombies, but only until now has it been completely confirmed.

We have to look at the bigger picture, and I'm glad you're seeing it as well. Aether and Hell, 115 zombies and demonic zombies. It's all one in the same, in a way. And it all leads back to one main common idea: who's in charge and what do they want?

Make sure to get that thread out soon with your analysis. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it. ;)

Great read man.

As for the dates, I personally think there isn't one.

I think people are thinking too hard about the dates.

Purgatory doesn't take place in the space and time of reality.

It is on its own plane of existence, date and time is irrelevant.

But that's my speculation.

I tend to agree with this. There's really no use in speculating on a specific date for the map since it takes place in Purgatory. If it really had to have a date, I'd just say 1930's as a general timeframe.

So do you believe that Arlington walked away from this in one piece or his soul was just finally put to rest? Seems fitting to die and go to heaven on the Golden Gate Bridge of Heaven. :D

I don't wanna say either way quite yet. As of right now, I have to go with the fact that he is dead as there's nothing provided about what occurred after the break in the cycle. I'm hoping the quotes from the PC guys might reveal what happened with him.

However, if he does end up coming out of this alive, he would have to serve some sort of higher purpose. There would have to be a reason for being saved from his personal hell and being brought back to life.

And it seems quite fitting indeed my old friend. :)

I also liked your connection about the Golden Gate bridge as representing the Golden Gates to Heaven. I've been thinking about that possibility myself in my own theorizing. In this story-arc, Al "Weasel" is paralleling the mythology of Icarus. Al has a deep affinity to the story of Icarus. If you study the story of Icarus, you'll find it has an underlying theme about a man attempting ascension and being struck down by the heavens right before the finish line.

The falling "halfway to hell" stuff feels like a good historical fit too.

- Mix

Great stuff as always Mix. I sadly have not had the time to reading about the story of Icarus, but it seems like I'll really have to get around to reading up on it.

Thanks for your insight as always my friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Bravo on the story friendo. Keep it up and hope to see more about the story in Alcatraz and how it relates to the future.

Of Topic: Whoa man, I haven't seen that mew and mew2 movie since I was kid. the nostalgia...it hurts soooo good