Thank you Treyarch

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too early to say.

My initial reaction was the same after playing the game sporadically on Xbox. After finally getting the game on PS3, I was disappointed and remorseful for getting it.

The problem was, BO1 was such a success that they set the bar too high. COD zombies brought a new fresh dimension to first person shooter that we had not experienced in the past.

The history of Nazi zombies formed on such basic concept of survive with necessary means was so successful that Treyarch slowly twitched the idea to further the appeal. With each new map we saw and felt the growth of zombies to where it is now internationally. By the time Moon was release, they feel they really need to impress again. Enter Tranzit and Grief.

I did not like the new game, but I could sense the effort to impress from the developers. The fact that they inserted ideas into the game for our benefits show me that they care. They could have came out with two BO1 type maps and cash in, but they chose to further develope and grow. Albeit in the wrong direction in most hardcore players' views.

Stay tuned my friend, it is not over yet. FPS has come a long way since the Bond days, the same core concept of survival will continue to grow, and be successful.

I think Chopper is referring to the destruction of TranZit Solo play.

I think that the introduction of this "Super Juggernog" and the non-respawners might be a way for Treyarch to do want they wanted (I'm not sure what that would be) while maintaining balance. The former makes the game too easy and the latter too hard.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Like I said in the super-jugg thread, two wrongs don't make a right.

Don't know who thought these changes were a good idea. :|

Die rise seems like tons of fun.. And let's be honest... If we even see the slightest hair of the O4, we're all going to lose our minds...

If nt die rise then turned seems like a fairly reasonable game to play in a short time span...

To be honest asside from the awful double juggernog, tranzit has been just peachy... I haven't done that good, but that's because of lag... And sense chances are die rise will be smaller then tranzit compatibility should be VünderBar!

Look it's VERY easy, we ah... Kill the double juggernog!

We burry our tracks EVERYWHERE! By hiding this "Horrifying seceret" no one can use it... And eventualy trayarch will remove it!

If we don't feel with this now soon, ah Chopper here... Will be able to get to round 70 with a grandma...

Now we should BLOW this out of porportion! Constantly spamming all the info we can on it!

Here's... My... Card.... Cal

Me when trayarch wants to take zombies a little more seriously... :twisted:

Wheatley-Let the games begin!....

Perma-Jugg completely takes away any and all difficulty to any challenge on Tranzit. I'm sure there are a few of us who could do a 75 or 100 on Tranzit no Jug with the addition of this persistent upgrade. It's just sad—it's so, so sad. I think the reason they implemented this, though, is to compensate for the upgraded zombie AI (you get hit way faster and more often after the patch; I think this is due to them patching the 'looking at the ground' glitch), so noobs would still play. It's just sad how desperately they're trying to appeal to the noobs. They have completely and totally isolated the elite zombie-slayers. Now anyone and everyone can do well on Tranzit.

I'm so disappointed at Treyarch with this patch. They are trying to make this game as tedious, dull, and noob-friendly they possibly can. UGH.

Perma-Jugg completely takes away any and all difficulty to any challenge on Tranzit. I'm sure there are a few of us who could do a 75 or 100 on Tranzit no Jug with the addition of this persistent upgrade. It's just sad—it's so, so sad. I think the reason they implemented this, though, is to compensate for the upgraded zombie AI (you get hit way faster and more often after the patch; I think this is due to them patching the 'looking at the ground' glitch), so noobs would still play. It's just sad how desperately they're trying to appeal to the noobs. They have completely and totally isolated the elite zombie-slayers. Now anyone and everyone can do well on Tranzit.

I'm so disappointed at Treyarch with this patch. They are trying to make this game as tedious, dull, and noob-friendly they possibly can. UGH.

This post just msde me sad. What a mess this might turn out to be. Why would fixing a glitch cause you to wreck basic gameplay? Bad at their job?

I partially agree. I don't think these new updates are on PS3 yet, but I suppose I only have a month at most to play regular Tranzit now before it becomes easy.

Let's just be thankful regular Survival is unchanged. Just good ol' Survival. That's the only thing that matters really.

Now I feel more than ever that CDC/CIA should say something, and music Easter eggs be present in all of them.

If we're lucky, they'll notice the community does not like this, and patch it out like Skrillex.

I partially agree. I don't think these new updates are on PS3 yet, but I suppose I only have a month at most to play regular Tranzit now before it becomes easy.

Let's just be thankful regular Survival is unchanged. Just good ol' Survival. That's the only thing that matters really.

Now I feel more than ever that CDC/CIA should say something, and music Easter eggs be present in all of them.

As of right now there arnt any survival maps for die rise....

This post just msde me sad. What a mess this might turn out to be. Why would fixing a glitch cause you to wreck basic gameplay? Bad at their job?

Setting up for solo requires you to save a zombie that will constantly respawn, in order to spam the box and build the Jet Gun. If you cannot do this, it is next to impossible to get set up, and if you do manage to do it, you are forced to take the bus so the zombie won't die. It is ATROCIOUS how much of a pain they are making this month. There is absolutely no reason for them to implement this feature aside for the fact to make setting up for a solo game as slow and painful as possible.

It's manageable to do it on co op, but it will still take forever. Regardless, I cannot see a reason why they put this feature in. I just cannot, and it's pretty sad.

No, I still think that was intentional. I think it boils down to this:

They meant to conspicuously add Turned Diner and Great Leap Forward to the Leaderboards.

They meant to inconspicuously add the Juggernog and Insta-Kill things.

They did not mean to add the crazy Zombie spawning system.

So was the increased rate of attack for the zombies intentional or unintentional as well...

I'll probably get hate for saying this but.. I think that this was a fantastic patch! Not only because it shows us that Treyarch is trying to make this game better but also for fixing some of the major flaws with this game.

So first, the improvement of the zombie AI and the removal of the "godmode anywhere at any time glitch". These is huge for Black Ops 2, personally my biggest dislike of the game was that zombies literary could not hit you if you were sprinting (with a speed gun). Now I'm not saying that the zombies hit you as much as they did in Black Ops 1, that's for sure. But even though the zombie AI is only a little bit better it does give me hope that us more skilled player still have a place in this game that is clearly made with the noobs in mind. As for the godmode glitch being removed! This makes grief a lot more enjoyable, since I really can't stand sore losers that need to cheat just so they don't down...

Second, the perma jug and new insta kill were not necessary of course, but they are not half as bad as you guys are making them seem. Now, yes perma jug does ruin first room on Tranzit but we can't forget that there still is bus depot first room. Besides that I can only see perma jug as a good thing. For starters, this does not ruin challenges at all. This creates them, rather than doing challenge without jug or one's close enough to jug. We now can do a challenge ANYWHRE on Tranzit. I've already got a lot of ideas.

Now for high rounds this really doesn't change much, it only lets you take one more hit if you have jug. Which really doesn't matter since you will be running at farm (one of the largest areas they have ever put in zombies). The perma jug only helps when you go down and have to run through the fog to get jug back. I don't know how many of you have actually done this on a high round but trust me it is/was very stressful.

Lastly, zombies dying instead of respawning. I understand that this makes the round 1 set up almost impossible but is that really that big of a deal? You have to think about the bigger picture. This makes it possible to get round 100+ on learderboards, this makes it so Tranzit doesn't only have one high round strategy, this makes it so you can get to round 50 with no kills haha. So what, you have to do things like build the jetgun mid round, whatever I would normally do that anyways. Having said that I do think they will change this part of the patch since it's not very noob friendly.

So to sum this all up I'm very happy with this patch and truly hope that Treyarch will continue with patches like this one. To be honest I thought this game was going to be like moon in how they never patched any of the major glitches.. I guess I was wrong :D

In other news everybody hates everything...

Very depressing...

Cheer up Jason! Jimmy tweeted that they are looking into the issues (spawn related hopefully) with Green Run / TranZit. Hopefully this will all clear up very soon.

I'm personally super stoked for Die Rise. I, too, was in a funk yesterday - but as soon as PINNAZ posted Jimmy's tweet - I knew that we hadn't been forsaken. Everyone, it's all good.