Feedback on Call Of The Dead

I am looking to hear from all of you about your opinions concerning Call Of The Dead. I want to know ALL of the things you like and ALL of the things you don't like.

I was thinking maybe you could post a PROS / CONS list with the things you would like to share. This will be very useful for Treyarch. Sure they read the forums, but I would like to make this thread a good feedback thread that they can check out to get some kind of idea about how we, the community feel about the new map.

Here is my personal PROS/CONS list.

PROS

- Easter eggs (items as well as tasks to complete)

- Weather changing environment

- New zombie movement (sprinters)

- New zombie character costumes

- Size of the map

- Use of zipline and flipper (for free)

- The water and the freezing concept

- The inclusion of the Core zombie characters (takeo, dempsey, etc...)

CONS

- The movie star characters

- George Romero (his character's play dynamic)

- VRIL (practical not lethal like a wunderweapon should be)

- No gersche devices

- Goes with #1.. but the lack of core characters is disappointing

- The lack of camping strategies available

- The way the zombies spawn when trying to do a long, running kite strategy

- The way you go down way to easily without Juggernog

I can go on, but I want to know what everyone else thinks. Don't get me wrong this map is fun, but I think they took a step back in terms of winning over the community with this installment.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i stole some of carbons.

PROS

- Size of the map

- VRIL (because of what it can do to your team mates)

- Scavenger

CONS

- The way the zombies spawn in general

- The Path to Juggernog (7000+ just to get there)

- how if you ditch a zombie coming through a barrier on one side of the map, they disappear and spawn in on the other side effectively destroying 2 barriers with 1 zombie.

Pros:

All 7 perks at your dissposal

Fresh variety of characters

The Teleportering easter egg

The Wunderwaffe DG-2 powerup

Deadshot Daquiri

Double Tap + PhD Flopper + Ray Gun

Scavenger/Hyena Infra-Dead is HOTTT!!

Cons:

Juggernog takes FOREVER to get to

VR-11 is a huge dissapointment

You can still only buy 4 perks, at least raise it to 5!

Georgey takes has so much health, can he be a little easier to kill?

Not teleporter/landers, I prefer those

I still want an african american character...

Super Fog Mode

I like Ramero. He keeps the pace of play up while playing. I used to think that after a while of camping on ascension, things would get boring. Ramero keeps me on the move and forces me to try new routes I would not have thought of, and push further into the madness of the frozen Russian ship.

PROS

-Scavenger

-V-R11

-Variety of caracters

-BIG MAP

-Jugg returns

-They ALL return (perks)

-Me loves the easter eggz

-

-Real people as caracters

CONS

-Goerge

-Fog

-Zombie spawn points >:(

-Pack-a-Punch moves

-Jugg is so far away.......:'(

-Deadshot Daquari is too plain (gray = boring)

-Now I need to spend a lot of money to make one more perk a cola.

-^^Repeat last^^

To preface, you can’t really harp on the frustrating final zombie/crawler respawn as if the phenomenon is exclusive to COTD. I think this dates back a few patches b/c it has been happening on the W@W disc for some time as well, but even by ascension standards in COTD you have significantly less time before the repawn occurs.

My only significant frustration with COTD, (we’ll save Romero for a minute) and really all post W@W zombie maps is adapting to the seeming increasingly counterintuitive ‘flow’ or layout of the environment. Post Kino/Five, surface area is becoming exponentially more expansive but at the expense of allowing any strategically feasible engage/retreat gameplay outside of solo play. Far surpassing ascension, COTD’s massive geography is mysteriously inversely proportional to the actual playing field. Relegated to a serpentine conduit of single file corridors linking a sparse few unobstructed ‘grazing areas’, unlocking countless barriers only to be met with a dead end requiring a zipline/flinger/ice slide escape totally kills the momentum of the experience. And the frustration of including near mandatory quick escape gimmicks is not so much in the intended disruption of assembling a quarter mile funeral procession for easy kills ad infinium. The real frustration lies in the sheer WTF factor of being forced to routinely launch yourself dead center into a preassembled congregation of circle pitting zombies.

As for Romero, given Activision’s past he is Ghandi in comparison to the wolves they unleashed upon some of us in our formative years…

go to around 10:30 if this looks familiar

TLVGmvmNitg

-Sarah Michelle Gellar is so freaking sexy. :D:D :twisted:

-The geography

-The discoveries around every corner

-The adventurous easter egg

-The weather

-The new twist George adds (more in dislikes)

Dislikes:

-When George is in the way. He always seems to know where I don't want him to be

-Rob isn't Freddy Krueger, Danny Trejo seems like they tried to be more involved with other races rather than picking a more notable/ better character, no problem with Merle (Michael Rooker)

-The fact that zombies corner you at every turn (so fkn annoying)

-The Scavenger/ V-R11 are huge flops (they are :facepalm: )

-Box is scattered so far apart

-Less bombs than usual (anyone else notice this?)

-Loss of that homey feeling. I feel like they're slowing killing the series. :l

-Can't exactly move too much in a group due to every spot is a zombie spawn

I could go on, but I won't.

I really do like this map, but jeez, it's so annoying.

Pros:

-The fact that you can't truly camp, A) cause George is always chasing you, unless you manage to catch him in a glitch, and B) The zombie spawn points that aren't on the ship force you to move. It's a refreshing change to the usual "Sit In One Spot Till There's Too Many Zombies Then Camp In Our Escape Vehicles" of Ascension and Five.

-The Ever-Changing Weather gives the map such a creepy feel.

-The Scavenger is such a badass weapon. It's like the Chuck Norris of Sniper Rifles.

-The fact that the characters we play as don't feel like invincible Zombie Killing Machines, whereas the original heroes have the advantage of being tested on and experimented on to give them certain benefits against the Zombies.

-The fact that group camping seems frowned upon. Sure, sticking together as a group while you move is almost a necessity, but if two people can hold down a certain spot while the other two get things done on the other side, imagine how much time you just saved and how fewer zombies you have to face. The splitting up feature was part of why I loved Verrukt in the first place.

-The Original Heroes. 'Nuff said. lol

-The fact that most of the radios on the map give a little backstory to some loose ends in our zombie storyline.

-The overall scale of the map is actually rather humbling, more so than Ascension and Der Riese.

-A7X's Original Song =

Cons:

-Zombie aggressiveness gets overwhelming at certain points, like they swing at you with One Hand and you're suddenly hit twice.

That's really all I've got lol, this map is quickly becoming my favorite map of all them, but like the rest of you, I can't wait to see where Tank and the crew go next!

Pros.

-The cast is pretty cool, trejo is just badass but i have no clue why robert is in it

-the scavenger is pretty sweet

-this map is huge, lots of room to run around

- the easter egg is really fun(love the dials in the lighhouse, first time ive really had to think in a game)

-lots of perks to choose from and double tap makes a return

-semtex were really helpful in this map, no more wasting time on cooking grenades just toss into crowd and run

-dynamic weather

cons.

-GOERGE, the screen sllowing and him electrocuting you everysingle time he gets pissed is soooooo annoying(ive died on high rounds becuase of this nonsense

-GUNS, i hate every single gun except for the ray gun and mp40(new guns dont have the feel that waw guns had)

-vr11 it does not feel like a wonder weapon, it may look cool but has yet to prove its usefulness to me

-false advertising, i had high hopes that i would be able to use a machete and ak47 as they were in the cut scene and poster

-the dg-2, i love this gun but if the only way to attain it is by completing a long list of tasks disappoints me(if it became available in the box afterward the i would have nothing but pros about this map

-SPAWNS, when ten zombies spawn right in front you, blocking your path then trap you. YOU WILL RAGE

-a deathmachine for wasting all of your ammo on one guy seems weak, atleast throw in a max ammo

the list goes on for both but i feel like i could fill a page.

well if its true and this is a test map, then with all the feedback 3arc gets we will be in for one incredible map

Pros:

*scavenger

*Wunderwaffee returns

*all 7 perks are available

*great easter egg with interactable equipment

*HUGE map

*SEMTEX!

*snowy zombie map :3

*Icy water :D

*free escaping (zipline, fligger)

*weather changes

Cons:

*NO TRAPS :'(

*George

*V-R11 was a disapointment, need the dg-2 or the thundergun

*zombie spawn points

*Moving pap

*juggernog is too far away

*only teleporter is unusable. :'(

I hated cotd when it was announced, but after playing, treyarch truely have created an almost perfect map

Pros

Huge map (also a con)

snow

weather effects

Original crew included

finally after ascension a easter egg that can be completed solo aswell.

GEORGE THE ULTIMATE ANTI CAMP DEVICE 3arch I

great inclusion of.the DG2 as limited use gun

Bringing sprinter zombies back from verruckt

amazingly long easter eggs which are well worth the effort

enviromental.effects on characters (ie water)

new guns although the dissapoint imo

in fact apart.from.the below cons cotd is an almost.perfect map

CONS

Huge map, perks too far spread out in awkward places imo

no traps as such

miss playing as original characters

new characters already annoy the hell out of me

Virtual reality gun not really useful apart from.easter egg

In short its.an amazing map, treyarch have listend to all communities well and for that they deserve an epic zombie.cookie

Keep to.the forumula for the next map, however DO NOT include camping spots, no offense carbon I know you loved der riese, but the maps are getting alot bigger, and I dont see the point in sitting in 1 corner getting easy kills and sailing through the waves of zombies, tbh if you want that ask treyach to do a corridor survial game mode and have that, I wanna explore the map, I want to.survive, sitting in a corner isnt surviving, its a death spot where you wait die, if your surrounded in a.camping spot like.der riese thats it, game over, at least if your running you have more chance.

All in all I really like this map and the changes it brings with it. Personally I like to camp, but on COTD I have just as much fun running routes through the massive map.

Pros:

New Crew (I was getting tired of vodka and honor quotes)

Scavenger is awesome

Map size

EE and other references to the main story (Radios, Corkboards etc..)

Actual character models for the new crew's hands not recycled SP/MP models (details are important to me)

A true boss that the whole team has to coordinate efforts to take down. (or wuss out and take the VR-11 route)

Ziplines and flinger as escapes (for free too!!)

All perks offered

Challenging Achievements

DG-2/MP40/Semtex

weather effects

map is quite impressive looking when you can see it all

Cons:

VR-11 is kind of weak

No new wall weapons

No attachments (WTF's up with the Trailer)

No regular max ammo (every 5 rounds)

Highlight Sniping with no real place to camp

No traps

Jugg is way too deep into the map (makes solo a pain)

Pros

. The scale of the map. It's huge!

. The insane Easter Egg.

. Addition of all past Perk Machines.

. Being able to get all seven of the Perks.

. The addition of the Scavenger. It's one of the guns I actually prefer to get.

. More Zombies for more points!

. A different crew to play as which brings a different style of quotes and commentary.

. Many spawn points for the Mystery Box.

. The use of the Zipline and Flinger.

. The need to constantly be on the move through the map. No more camping!

. This is a map that has a lot of twists and turns and if you take the wrong road by accident then you're effed if you don't know how to save yourself.

. The changing weather effects.

Cons

. Too many doors to open because of the scale of the map.

. The use of the DG-2. Seems kind of pointless in the sense that if George is near and you use it, he goes berserk.

. Depending on what guns you get, you the best combination of Perks is decreased.

. You have to kill George in order to get the other three Perks you didn't buy. And by random, you have the chance of getting Double Tap which I for one hate.

. The fact that the developers commented on how they highlighted Sniping, when in actuality the only real sniping you can do is no scoping with DeadshotD or if you shoot the ground with the Scavenger, which isn't really sniping.

. The constant spawn points. I mean come on. You start the game with a total of what, nine spawn points?

. A different crew which also brings in George; a rather annoying boss like character.

. Many spawn points for the Mystery Box.

. Only two real roads of escape with these included. No traps!

. No more camping. The constant need to be on the move throughout the map ONLY because of George.

. Those random wall barriers that you get stuck on but George is able to bypass them. Along with the Zombies. Stupid.

. Makes the use of the Snipers useless unless you PaP them; IE the Scavenger where it gets IR.

I could definitely go on. But these are the ones that have been on my mind lately.

Pros:

More Epic Easter Eggs

George keeping us moving

All 7 perks

Huge map

Still have 4 origonal characters in secret

Cool new weapons

Pack a punch moves

Fog

Dead ends in map and ways to be trapped

DG-2!!

Cons:

No monkey like grenade

George rage when not near water

Juggernog so far away

Box sometimes being on opposite side of map from power

To many zombies coming out of ground

And while Im at it: Where are the attachments from the trailer?!?!? :x (I was looking forward to those.)

• Administrators

PROS:

The Easter Egg. i finished it (steps in sig) and I felt a huge sense of accomplishment.

The fact that incorporated the older characters.

The wide open areas in the spawn.

I am in between with the new characters, but I like them more than I hate them.

CONS:

Too large of a map. I feel it takes forever to get to one place.

No dog/monkey round. It kinda angers me that I can't rely on every 5 rounds to get a max ammo. If they tried to make this map harder, they succeeded.

With how large it it, there are MANY doors, each costing about 1000, it costs a bunch to move around this map.

The box is in sooo many locations.

Jug is quite a walk.

No frag's on any walls.

George makes no sense as far his presence, he is really just a hassle sometimes, and you can't really get much from him.

The V-R11 is a waste, I like it for the Easter Egg, but it's useless otherwise.

These are all the ones that come to my head right now.

i think this is the hardest map to play with 4 ppl, mainly cuz all randoms are boxwhores and the points should be used to work way to juggernaught first (in my opinion), but juggz is so damn far away lol.

i dont like how this map has no traps to activate, but i geuss the free ziplines make up for that.

This is easily my favorite SOLO map to play.

Pros:

-The incorporation of new characters was great, especially while keeping the story on track

-Atmospheric effects were a very nice touch

Cons:

-Weapon selection, and this is for every map, not just Call of the Dead. I mean there are quite a few other guns in the game that aren't being utilized. Why not switch it up? Instead of getting the HK21 maybe we could get the M60? I know that not all the other options are the best guns, but variety is nice.

PROS

- Size of the map

CONS

- VRIL (practical not lethal like a wunderweapon should be)

- No gersche devices

- Goes with #1.. but the lack of core characters is disappointing

- The lack of camping strategies available

- The way the zombies spawn when trying to do a long, running kite strategy

- The way you go down way to easily without Juggernog

- the escape routes you can take and what zombies can do to hunt you down...

Pros:

-Map size. Love the fact it is so huge, Being able to roam around and have space is great!

-Romero. Love him gameplay wise, it makes zombies harder yet not so hard that it makes me want to slam my controller into the ground.

-Perks. The more the merrier I say. Love the new Deadshot perk and love the fact I can have so many at one time.

-Free quick exits. The zipline, flinger and slide are awesome! There is nothing cooler than dodging a hoard of zombies in style. Especially when its free!

-The new quick exits. Not only is cool that they are free, but they are just cool in general. The slide is awesome, love dolphin diving down it. Flinger is cool aswell, but a little bit annoying how I can survive that fall but cannot survive others...Ziplines are boss aswell!

-Easter Eggs. Nice to see radios that give us some answers and not more questions. The easter eggs that have been found so far are great. I loved the "paradise" one!

-New weapons. The scavenger is the dogs bollocks! Gimme more of that! Semtexs are awesome aswell!

Cons:

-New characters. I dont care if it gets treyarch exposure. They freaking suck. I want the originals.

-Romero. Gameplay wise he is awesome. Storyline wise, He blows. One thing I liked about Nazi Zombies was the fact it wasnt too far fetched. But the Romero thing just killed it. He makes no sense at all. He has a Thorr like stagelight? C'mon treyarch, stop letting 6 year olds write this stuff.

-Weather. I hate not being able to see. The weather thing just isnt neccissary if you ask me. I find myself squinting alot to only realise its the stupid weather.

-Water. I like the idea of it all, but it freezes way to fast. Again, I am just trying to jump through the water quickly and my screen is covered in ice, just looks stupid. I think the ice aspect is completely unnecissary.

-Variety. Its the same guns all the time. I think maybe adding some new guns or even a new mele weapon. Maybe even multiple meles, so we have a choice between a sickle or a bowie knife? I think weapon wise, there is alot treyarch can add. Maybe even some WWII guns, they added the MP40 why not the thompson? If they wanted to get real crazy maybe even upgrading upgraded guns. Dual Ray Guns!

-No Dog/Monkey Round. I enjoyed them... Nice way to restock ammo.

-Only being able to buy 4 perks. It would be nice to be able to buy more instead of killing George.

That is all I have...

***Edit***

Forgot about traps! Want some traps. Flogger, electric barriers, fire traps and whatever you can think of! I want them!