O4 Character development

Doppelgänger

Okay so we all should know by now that the new Origins map will be set BEFORE everything. Before Richtofen experimented on the O4. Will this affect the old characters we all know and love? Dempsey is always angry. Nikolai is drunk. Takeo recites proverbs.

Richtofen's experimentation caused this. So without these side effects from their being experimented on, are our characters going to be boring and normal? We know they will be badass in the first place because would Richtofen team up with them because they are weak? I doubt it.

On another note. Would this be set before Richtofen went crazy from touching the mysterious pyramid on the moon? I hope this map will work on the O4's character development alot.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they will still have some of the attitude. like dempsey, hes just a badass in general, so he will be cool. and remember the character bios? all of them were crazy before any of the zombie stuff! richoften is simply crazy, nik killed his wives, takeo cut tails off cats, and dempsey "is a f**king badass." lol, anyways im pumped for this map, but also dont want it to be the last.

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT FEELS LIKE NIKOLAI LOOKS LIKE REZNOV??? Sorry for the caps but i just wanna get this out of my chest. Now you can call me stupid and crazy but they look sooooo familiar and also i dont see how this nikolai resembles the old one.....maybe i am just bad with faces

Dempsey was a pissed off badass before he was captured at Verruckt and sent to Richtofen. Nikolai loved vodka and was killing wives way before Richtofen's brainwashing. And Takeo has been preaching about honor his entire life.

I have no doubt we'll hear some classic lines from the gang.

I am confident that Dempsey, Nikolai, and Takeo will all maintain their personalities. 1917 was indeed before Richtofen touched the pyramid, but I think touching the pyramid simply caused him to start hearing the voices. His insane behavior may have been intact beforehand. I have a feeling we'll see it, Treyarch wouldn't give us boring original characters.

I am confident that Dempsey, Nikolai, and Takeo will all maintain their personalities. 1917 was indeed before Richtofen touched the pyramid, but I think touching the pyramid simply caused him to start hearing the voices. His insane behavior may have been intact beforehand. I have a feeling we'll see it, Treyarch wouldn't give us boring original characters.

I am confident Richtofen will still be Richtofen, but he will probably be just a bit less insane (not completely sane, but not as insane, probably not rambling on about spleens ethier)

but I am just excited they are all back!! *nerdgasm explodes*

The way I would describe it is that before touching the pyramid, he was sadistic. After touching it, he became insane and hearing voices. I expect to see the sadistic Richtofen.

I wouldn't go as far as to say sadistic. Just perhaps necrofilic and nihilistic, perhaps. But we'll see soon enough.

I can see him rambling on about spleen at least once. :D

Where is this necrophelia idea coming from?

1917 - Characters approx. 20 years old.. Flash ahead to WWII 1939.. 21 more years.. That'd put them about 41.. VERY reasonable.

This is entirely conceivable and reasonable, at least in my opinion, and it's not completely impossible at 41 they could still be in the Army (through unlikely at the ranks they were supposedly at, that is besides Richtofen's Major General)

This is what I'm thinking. The Origins map sets back to WW1 long before Der Riese. I think that it was before Edward was a scientist; before he knew Maxis and Samantha, before anything that we have known before. This was my first instinct. I don't think that Edward will have his usual higher pitched voice. I think that he will sound like he did in the Der Riese radios in normal tone. I have thought that perhaps even the zombie infestation could have presented itself long before Der Riese. Maybe this entire "apocalypse" is something that can't be traced back to the boys. Maybe it was started by someone else, by some other government, etc.. Time travel is still relevant, but possibly not to the degree as we are looking forward to.

1917 - Characters approx. 20 years old.. Flash ahead to WWII 1939.. 21 more years.. That'd put them about 41.. VERY reasonable.

You mean 1946. Or 48+. Not that reasonable.

You obviously haven't been around any 48 year old Marines.. They'd kick your ass with ease.

You mean 1946. Or 48+. Not that reasonable.

You obviously haven't been around any 48 year old Marines.. They'd kick your ass with ease.

My dad is 44. He's old, gained fifty pounds in twenty years, and a retired paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne who fought in Desert Storm. He is dead last on the list of people I'd like to get in a fight with.