Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... I'm guessing the "ancient evil" are the zombies... So perhaps the archeologists found an underground 115 ore, which then infected dead bodies. That were perhaps from WW1 or other wars guessing from the zombies outfits. Anyone know about that spiked helmet, I can't remember where it's from??

So... I'm guessing the "ancient evil" are the zombies... So perhaps the archeologists found an underground 115 ore, which then infected dead bodies. That were perhaps from WW1 or other wars guessing from the zombies outfits. Anyone know about that spiked helmet, I can't remember where it's from??

The spiked helmet is the "Pickelhaube" It was the Prussian and German official military headware from I think the early 1800's to WWI, it was used as a symbol of authority and Prussian military tradition. it was replaced by the more familiar Stalhelm that Germans used do to the unreliableness of the Picklehaube's in WWI

The spiked helmet is the "Pickelhaube" It was the Prussian and German official military headware from I think the early 1800's to WWI, it was used as a symbol of authority and Prussian military tradition. it was replaced by the more familiar Stalhelm that Germans used do to the unreliableness of the Picklehaube's in WWI

Right okay, thanks for clearing that up.

So the history of the zombies is that some or most of them were WW1 soldiers who died and were buried, perhaps at the church that was shown in the video. Then the Nazi archeologists dug up a nearby 115 storage/vein and awakened the dead soldiers.

I like how there's a bridge between WW1 and WW2 and perhaps the modern day as well.

So the history of the zombies is that some or most of them were WW1 soldiers who died and were buried, perhaps at the church that was shown in the video. Then the Nazi archeologists dug up a nearby 115 storage/vein and awakened the dead soldiers.

I like how there's a bridge between WW1 and WW2 and perhaps the modern day as well.

the map has been confirmed to take place in 1918 by Treyarch (before November 11, so sometime between January 1st and November 11th 1918) so this has nothing to do with Nazi's.

• Administrators

I see zombies with mechanical arms. Or at least one solid arm and one metallic one. I wasn't fully aware that they had the technology at the time to create artificial limbs in such a manner. I'm not too surprised that it even exists within the same map that also shows giant robots parading around the battlefield.

For what reason would the soldiers have automail? Aside replacing lost limbs, of course.

Same reason you don't put all the Xmas presents under the tree till the day of. If you know the size/weight/amount it spoils some of the surprise. I rather be fully surprised the day its released then spoil some of the surprise.

Also senior year of high school starts Monday and this is my schedule

-AP stats

-ap calculus

-12 English

-ap gov't and politics

-physics

-ap microeconomics

-cross country

So I need to slowly put games into my schedule so I don't get overwhelmed since school is most important to me atm.

Uggg I know that... My school starts back on August 26th... "The night gets darkest just before morning"....

And unfortunately my school didn't offer microeconomics, or physics... Be glad! I wanted to learn about physics before college, and so I had to learn them myself... Also CC is SO going to be skipped on the 27th...

the map has been confirmed to take place in 1918 by Treyarch (before November 11, so sometime between January 1st and November 11th 1918) so this has nothing to do with Nazi's.

Sorry bout that I meant German "Riech" archeologists

Oh my god yes :')

Sexy picture, and it looks like an ACTUAL cutscene. Been dreaming of seeing the O4 walk and move there mouths while they talk for years, and I'll finally see it become reality this week if this picture is anything to go by. :)

Oh and Tank and Takeo look like they've got Python's, or even .44 Magnum's. Nikolai looks to be holding a Double Barrel Shotgun which is sweet.

Sexy picture, and it looks like an ACTUAL cutscene. Been dreaming of seeing the O4 walk and move there mouths while they talk for years, and I'll finally see it become reality this week if this picture is anything to go by. :)

Oh and Tank and Takeo look like they've got Python's, or even .44 Magnum's. Nikolai looks to be holding a Double Barrel Shotgun which is sweet.

MAGNUM!!!!

Oh how I have waited for you to return to destroy the usurpers reign! But do you bring back the ACOG scope of power with you as well. No, oh ok

Or even the Remington New Model Army... BTW, isn't that just the Olympia Nikolai's holding? You can clearly see the vents on the barrel of the gun.

I honestly don't think homosexuality is what defines Richtofen. As Shooter said, it's a pointless debate.

Instead, I believe he's just a sexual deviant. That goes with the territory of being insane. German culuture is known for having odd fetishes and a very non-traditional viewpoint of sex. If you were insane like Richtofen, loved murder and death, and were isolated with 3 other men for some time, you'd become attracted to Nikolai too.

The only problem is there is no in-game evidence to suggest Richtofen has ever had any relations with a woman, therefore, we can only assume he is homosexual based on evidence, but I just think he has no scruples about his sexual partner's gender. He's DTF with a man, woman, animal, or alien.

Instead, I believe he's just a sexual deviant. That goes with the territory of being insane. German culuture is known for having odd fetishes and a very non-traditional viewpoint of sex.

That's very far from the truth, in fact I'd argue that the Germans have some of the most traditional viewpoints on things like sex in all of Central/West-Europe. Them having 'weird fetishes' is nothing more than an ecological fallacy - a stereotype.

If you were insane like Richtofen, loved murder and death, and were isolated with 3 other men for some time, you'd become attracted to Nikolai too.

You'd become attracted to whatever person you spent the most time with, in his case Nikolai yes.

Richtofen is undoubtedly gay, it's just one of his many personality traits that defines how he is.

Nothing more, nothing less.

These characters are designed from stereotypes and cliches, though.

Tank, the rough and tough American Commando. Doesn't really care about Zombies, but he definitely knows his way around guns and warfare.

Takeo, the Samurai. Steeped in honor and tradition, yet super deadly.

Nikolai, a drunk, mysoginistic, Russian. Vodka, vodka, vodka...'Nuff said.

Richtofen, the mad scientist, German/Nazi known for all manner of perversion.

All of our characters our their own cliche, so to rule something out because it's stereotypical is incorrect.

All of our characters our their own cliche, so to rule something out because it's stereotypical is incorrect.

They have their own clichés based on stereotypes originating from their own cultural population, that's true.

You misunderstood me, I'm not ruling anything out. I simply said that the statement:

"German culture is known for having odd fetishes and a very non-traditional viewpoint of sex"

itself is inaccurate and a bit insulting to the German public.

All sterotypes can be insulting, but they do exist, unfortunately.

I am not trying to insult or offend anyone, but as the stereotype of Germans pertains to matters of sexual fetish, the stereotype demands mention to explain Richtofen.

The stereotypes also exist in the N4.

Stu, the old, paranoid, cynic.

Russman, the hobo.

Marleton, the nerd.

Misty, the girl next door.

All sterotypes can be insulting, but they do exist, unfortunately.

I am not trying to insult or offend anyone, but as the stereotype of Germans pertains to matters of sexual fetish, the stereotype demands mention to explain Richtofen.

Yes of course and there's nothing wrong with mentioning or discussing various stereotypes. But you should understand that there's a huge difference between "Richtofen's personality is partially modeled after German cultural stereotypes, which include peculiar sexual fetishes." and saying 'The German Culture is known for odd sexual fetishes and non-traditional viewpoints on sex'

Because in the latter you basically state as a fact that their culture as a whole has odd sexual desires and a non-traditional viewpoint on sex, which is incorrect.

If you think I'm trying to offend German people and want to continue mincing words, please do so via PM.

I was merely pointing out the existence of a stereotype that was more than likely assigned to our character Richtofen.

I honestly don't see why you continue after I've clearly stated I'm not trying to offend or insult anyone, but your persistence is beginning to insult me as you're clearly taking my words out of context.