MotD Date Found - 2/26/1932 UPDATED w/ Confusion

Don't answer that...

And Im still firmly beleiving this map is held outside of time... It makes no sense to have a map that far back.. It wouldn't effect the present situation at all... and to have new perks developed past this time (such as stamin up, phd Flopper, deadshot, whos who, tombstone, or mule kick) just there? (Given we don't have confirmation on these perks, but come on! One of these will be there... They have to be) It just makes sense for things to be outside of time... Otherwise you have a mass amount of conflicting dates! None of which can be right, due to one fact or the other! Outside of time:Outside of locked dates... You can all be right...

Unless this is not a story map, they could very well want to keep the story going over a 4th game

So they make a side map that is still pretty big and cool so fans are not disappointed.

BUT, I could be totally wrong and there will be a side mission, other than building the plane

I think we really have here the first map that is completely separate from our whole storyline that has evolved. I think that's why we hear the original announcer voice, Red eyes (signifying neither sam or richtofen in the aether) and a completely redesigned HUD. i think the HUD design change specifically separates this map from the tranzit -> die rise story. might there be allusions and little easter eggs hidden about our O4 or N4 crews? perhaps, maybe even likely, but I think the collaboration with the campaign team on this is an indication that "hey, even when this story we're telling is over, we can still have fantastic zombies maps" basically that blops2 even if it concludes our familiar zombies story, that doesnt mean zombies is over

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my! Would you look at that down there!

This was obviously posted in 1776!

July 4, 1776

NOPE.

Just because you see a date written down doesn't mean that is the actual date.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but which is more likely? Someone wrote something on an old piece of paper, or the golden gate bridge freaking tore through a rift in the time space continuum?

You sir are an idiot. When looking at a document that has a Date, why would you assume they grabbed a blank sheet of paper, that was only dated at the top??? You are the type of person that can be told the sky is blue, and you would argue that fact, because you are a moron.

There's only one date we should care about right now and that's April 16th, 2013.

I'd like to accept this wise advice, however, my mind wouldn't stay sane if I had to wait that long. :lol:

I'm just going to quote the biggest things I feel we should take into consideration, and change the color of the biggest things in there to neon green. Things aren't coorelating correctly here. I'm also going to need to edit the OP in a little. I was very wrong on some info. Just was hyped to have found that :)

While I'm still not sure on the date, I don't believe this is correct. Remember that these men have been at Alcatraz for years. This could have originally been an escape plan to just get off the island in general.

Also, another reason I can't see this being correct is that we have a hellhound in the map. Hellhounds weren't born until the Fluffy incident, which happened in the 40s.

Ill just copy and paste what I wrote about this date from a different thread. Just my opinion, but the date on the note doesn't make any sense. See Point #2 below:

Onto this date on the note:

In the last day, this new date has been brought to light. February 26, 1932. A few things to keep in mind with this date:

1. This does not give us a date of the map, but merely the date when the plans were made. It's impossible to tell when the date was written on this piece of paper, or how old the plans themselves are. I don't know about you, but I imagine making up such detailed plans to escape a prison takes lots of time, maybe even years. Those doesn't make up for the 1941 date that correlates with the Water Tower, but still. My point is the date on the piece of paper is subjective.

But most importantly...

2. Alcatraz was NOT a federal penitentiary in 1932. it wasn't until 1934 that it was opened as a penitentary. So how could an inmate make these blueprints in 1932 if the prison wasn't even opened until 1934. Before 34, it was a military prison, but we know these mobsters we play as wouldn't be in there for military crimes. The dates don't add up.

Either Treyarch royally screwed up these dates, or there's something yet to be found that will make things make sense.

I have been researching this and have some insights.

Here is a timeline for the life of the GGB

As I was skimming through these, I found one entry that perked my intrigue.

"April 1934: Ray Strong’s panoramic depiction of the Golden Gate Bridge under construction pays tribute to the feat of engineering required to span the Golden Gate Strait."

In April 1934, Ray Strong painted

Sorry, the file was too large to crop properly here...

Everything in ETEI2NAL407's quote should be green. The escape plan doesn't quite work with that time, as Shooter stated. But bringing ETEI2NAL407's and Fated's evidence don't match up. ETE12N407's ideas also correlate directly to these:

You can definitely see cables/catwalks there, but I can't tell if there is the suspended structure in the fog, or not at all. Cables look like they run down to where the structures would be, as they do in real life.

-- Pic too big. Look at the far right on it.

So as per these three pieces of evidence, we must be after the year of 1935 MINIMUM. The bridge may actually be complete, which would work with Fated's statement. (And yes, I was very very very wrong in OP.) But again, not going with the date on the paper. At this point, I'm almost going back to agree with EJ, that it's a random piece of paper. But the medicine man's eye next to the date makes me think otherwise. Maybe they did just screw up their dates.

Nice finds there ETEI2NAL. Lots of history

The 25th, February 1932 is an interesting date.

"Adolf Hitler obtains the German citizenship by naturalization, opening the opportunity for him to run in the 1932 election for Reichsprsident."

Hitler had formally renounced his Austrian citizenship on 7 April 1925, but at the time did not acquire German citizenship. For almost seven years he was stateless, unable to run for public office, and faced the risk of deportation. On 25 February 1932, the interior minister of Brunswick, who was a member of the NSDAP, appointed Hitler as administrator for the state's delegation to the Reichsrat in Berlin, making Hitler a citizen of Brunswick, and thus of Germany.

There is also something about the date of October 29, 1929 on the paper "Brooklyn Daily Eagle - Wall Street in Panic as Stocks Crash". I think somewhere in here is the Keyword for decoding the cipher.

Though I really don't think this era is the setting of the map. I hope we can find out, but I highly doubt it.

I think this should definitely be put into the cypher thread.

So confusing. My head feels all boggled up. Let me know if I left something crucial out. I will credit you guys in updated OP.

So, there is just a lone section of the familiar bridge out in the water, very close to the images we are seeing of MotD. It's becoming clear that during the construction, that main piece was more than likely a huge starting point for the rest of the bridge.

As I've been reading this timeline, I've come to think that when they were constructing they started with these lone pieces, known as towers, and the following entry:

"June 18, 1936: Construction of the Bridge’s suspended structure began..."

leads me to believe that the bridge would have resembled the MotD images until this point.

We do see cables in the MotD images though and perhaps our timeline will tell us when the cables were ran? Yes. It does.

"August 1, 1935: For the first time since construction started, on August 2, 1935, the Golden Gate Strait was to be closed to shipping. Shipping was to be held up for 15 minutes while bridge workers strung the first tramway cable between the San Francisco and Marin towers as part of the operations to ready the span for the construction of footwalks (catwalks) that had to be constructed before cable spinning could begin. Shipping would be held while a barge sunk a one-inch cable to the 350-foot bottom and the cable was hoisted into the air between the towers."

So, if Alcatraz was not a federal prison until 1934 and the cabling for the GGB started in 1935, but the suspended structure of the bridge began constrcution in 1936, we'd have to place MotD between those dates.

Per wikipedia: Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary opened August 11th, 1934

Per the timeline: GGB cabling construction began August 1st, 1935

and GGB suspended structure construction began June 18th, 1936

MotD must occur between August 1st, 1935 and June 18th, 1936.

Oh my! Would you look at that down there!

This was obviously posted in 1776!

July 4, 1776

NOPE.

Just because you see a date written down doesn't mean that is the actual date.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but which is more likely? Someone wrote something on an old piece of paper, or the golden gate bridge freaking tore through a rift in the time space continuum?

You sir are an idiot. When looking at a document that has a Date, why would you assume they grabbed a blank sheet of paper, that was only dated at the top??? You are the type of person that can be told the sky is blue, and you would argue that fact, because you are a moron.

Woah. I wouldn't say that. I appreciate you going in my defense, but we don't need a fight to start. (Otherwise this thread will be locked :P ) EJ does have a fair point, even if it did come across differently. And please don't respond to that EJ.

I'm Just saying we can't say with certainty that the date on that piece of paper is the date of the map. It looks like a really old piece of paper, suggesting that the diary or whatever it is is viewed by the player years after it is written. If it was dated, it would likely be dated for the day it was written. But I'm saying the day we interact with it is probably much past the day it was written. The bridge is the main clue to it being in the future relative to the time in which the diary was written.

Though the exact dates don't bother me too much, it's good to have a general idea. Though 3arc have used exact dates on numerous occasions. So a timeline should definitely be considered.

What really annoys me is the constant reused textures. Textures from the campaign, textures from Black Ops 1, & reused textures in the same map for specific things (i.e. The Jin Mao tower is half reused in Die Rise) Reused textured that are cruical to a definitive story. What should be considered evidence?

This is also something I've been meaning to bring up, is the BO1 Project Nova Intel. I’m a little unsure in how to interpret this, but it seems like we are in the present/future & we are viewing images from the past. Everything has already happened.

SUBJECT: Intitial Overview of German “Wunderwaffe Program and associated Analytical Recommendations

Dear Sir,

[tab][/tab]For you request, please find enclosed the analysis team’s initial overview of the German “Wunderwaffe” Program and team recommendations based on said coverage. Enclosed in this packet, please find the following items

This is my main point of interest. Highlighted in black. “Mirrored device that allowed the viewing of images from the past.”

6. (LOW PRIORITY) Analysis of the rumoured Die Glocke device (heretofore) known as “The Bell” purported to be anything from an anti-gravity propulsion system to a time machine. Nothing as yet can be confirmed; however a statement from agency case officer Chase Rettland details his interrogation of a low-level research assistant who claims he saw a “Mirrored device that allowed the viewing of images from the past.” The subject of interrogation died of unknown causes shortly after providing his statement.

7. RECOMMENDATION: Move all recovered Wunderwaffe assests (both material and human) to U.S-controlled facilities for the purpose of research & development ASAP.

I know that this has been discussed in a few different threads. I thought this info may be useful in this thread.

• Moderators

Treat other members with respect and do not insult them.

As you may know, or not know, a new mob of the dead trailer is released on the callofduty channel.

I found an interesting date: June 13, 1932, if you stop the trailer at 0:25 you will see.

Looks like sal deluca is guilty and is sended to alcatraz island.

If this is true, my early suspicions are true. I did not share them, but...

If any real mob boss knows he's going to prison, what does he do?

He plans an escape before he goes. I think that's the character setting for MotD. All our mobsters inside are going to be related, not familial, but in some way. An escape plan is smuggled in and the mobsters are just waiting for their prime time to egress, when Zombies attack.

What caused these zombies to attack?

I think it's the Rift.

I believe the rift is allowing zombies to freely travel through space and time and when they do they shake the chains of their controller and are independent. This would explain the eye color, as well as the more demonic nature. The zombies have been under control for quite some time though, so they are conditioned to behave a certain way. Elements of the "game" are carried with the zombies, i.e. mystery box, power-ups, etc.. because they are remnants in the Aether from their controllers that they have adopted as their own.

We start in purgatory to signify that our mobsters have already been killed by the zombies, but are forced to relive the experience so the zombies can enjoy killing us again and begin round 2 of their demented game. The game that human controllers taught them.

If the story leans in this direction, it harbors a deep meaning. Humans have toiled with and lost control of a power they may never understand and as a result have unleashed hell upon all of space and time.

Or purhaps when the characters flee this map on the plane, they fly though the rift:to the future... Where the earth is destroyed... And can return via purgatory, via eletric chair...

Perks may have fallen through as well... I'd REALLY like to see Flopper back.. Don't care about any other perks besides PHD, quickrevive, jug, and eletric cheery (Also am I the only one not to realize "eletric cheery" is a play on words with eletric chair?!?)... Those 4 are there, we're all good!

The box may not have an owner yet, (as samanthia didn't enter the mpd until after the 40s) but purhaps richtofen could be trying to control things from beyond the rift? That would make sense...

OH! What If richtofen's experiments he did on samanthia was with vrill technology! This may have caused her to become the demonic anouncer for a short while before entering the MPD, obviously with less power, and probably not permanent... But it may have been enough to get a message to the younger richtofen VIA events at Alcatraz! This may have given old tricky Ricky the information he possessed on samanthia's power throughout black ops 1! (Anyone else wondered how he could have obtained that information?) I mean the voices yes, but what are the voices? Could the voices be richtofen in the future sending messages back VIA rift?

I believe this map takes place on the exact date that Samantha comes into control of the zombies (a la Nuketown Zombies)

Evidence?

Golden Gate Bridge

-Golden gate bridge is mostly, if not fully complete. (around/after 1937)

-- I believe that the bridge is fully complete and that the poster art is inaccurate.

Hellhounds

- Hellhounds were created by the teleportation of Samantha's dog (1940's)

--However these dogs do not appear to be "fetching our souls" meaning that Samanths is not yet in control (as evidenced by red eyes as well)

Yellow eyes

-Yellow eyes (1:48 in the official trailer) signify Samantha is in control.

--This could mean that we do something to trigger the events that happen on the Moon

We might have to change the date here. I just noticed something at around 25 seconds of the new trailer.

The newspaper headline about Salvatore DeLuca was printed on June 13th, 1932.

Here's the pic.

How could he have been arrested before the escape plan was made, and even the escape plan made before Alcatraz was even open to normal people? We know they were arrested in Chicago, and none of them were arrested for military reasons.

Al Arlington:

Finn O'Leary:

Billy Handsome: (narrator.)

They were also all together before the map. When Finn's wife ratted him out, they all went down together.

Also, as TheKingOfToast pointed out, we see what appears to be a zombie with Sam's eye colors.

As I've said in other threads, they stayed with him the whole time as he walked.

Compare to:

Normal Samantha Zombie Eyes:

(Image too big.)

Red Eyes:

Richtofen Eyes:

The eyes are supposed to be laser-ish like that. Sam could be in control here after a control-switch, which, as proved in MMX's Trilogy thread, took place on Oct. 1, 1945, meaning bridge could be complete. But, I should quote MrGibbs thread to show something else important.

IT WAS NOT FULLY COMPLETED BUT CONSTRUCTION HAS STARTED 1934-1936

Compare to:

Maybe it's not complete. So as per what ETEI2NAL407 brought, we'd be before June 18th, 1936.

One thing is for sure: Absolutely none of these dates are matching up.

EDIT: On a somewhat unrelated not, if we are seeing the change of eye color as Samantha grabs control, perhaps that hellhound actually is Fluffy, who teleported in the MTD. Looks like we might find out where she ended up :mrgreen: