Anyone else not that excited for Black Ops II zombies?

It looks good but for me the trailers kinda left this "meh :| " feeling.

I don't know why but it hasn't really got me excited and I might buy Black Ops II later on.

Anyone else here not that excited about this revamped zombie mode? (Most likely not because its Codz forum but I'm going to ask anyway :lol: )

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am kinda gutted about the Nuketown zombie map only being included with the hardened addition. However I am actualy considering pre ordering the standard edition of Black Ops II. Mainly because of Tranzit and the single player campaing, I would like to see how that story arc played out. Multiplayer looks great but I doubt I will play much. So to sum this post up, I have never pre ordered any game ever. It also beats queing up at midnight!

So I am kinda gutted about the Nuketown zombie map only being included with the hardened addition. However I am actualy considering pre ordering the standard edition of Black Ops II. Mainly because of Tranzit and the single player campaing, I would like to see how that story arc played out. Multiplayer looks great but I doubt I will play much. So to sum this post up, I have never pre ordered any game ever. It also beats queing up at midnight!

-_- I always pre-order, and I have never lined up at midnight. Simply pre-order and show up sometime that day AFTER midnight. Like 2 PM or something. Whenever you want.

I'm pumped for the whole game, everything has been improved upon with no stone left unturned! Personally Zombies looks even better than before & I'm really looking forward to playing it :D

My dilemma is what do I do on release day? Zombies, Campaign or Multiplayer... Nuketown Zombies, NK 2025 or find Raul Menendez... TranZit bus, quadrotor or robot spiders. No matter how much I do this I always find myself another reason to play another one first... grrrrr.

I'm pumped!

At first I wasn't excited. But then I started watching numerous breakdowns from RadAustin, NiikthatGamingShow, PTG, and it has continually made me super pumped. Plus the web updates from Sgt. Frank Woods are excellent.

In the end, perfection doesn't exist. I'm just happy they work so hard to cater to us, and I think come the time you pop that disc in and spawn - you'll be excited too.

Oh and pre-ordering is where it's at. Picking up my care package Nov. 13th, I'll be there at 9:45 am coffee in hand (GameStop opens at 10am). Midnight releases are overrated and I hate lines full of children and man children.

Watch out for stones being cast your way Matuzz.

I, myself, tried to express my feelings of dissapointment at the lack of new content being shown for BO2 zombies, including Treyarch's inability to get me excited in the reveals (which is something that should be so easy to do)... and for it I got blasted on as ungrateful along with several other derogatory remarks by longtime member MMX. And then saw my comments spark a newer member to write this thread basically saying I shouldnt be able to formulate and own my opinion viewtopic.php?f=100&t=24625

Other members such as perfectlemonade and shooter have respectfully disagreed with me in their own ways. So yeah, I learned the hard way that thinking those thoughts outloud is against the grain here and will likely just piss off other members enough to openly disagree with you.

*ducks for cover*

- Mix

I, myself, tried to express my feelings of dissapointment at the lack of new content being shown for BO2 zombies, including Treyarch's inability to get me excited in the reveals (which is something that should be so easy to do)... and for it I got blasted on as ungrateful along with several other derogatory remarks by longtime member MMX. And then saw my comments spark a newer member to write this thread basically saying I shouldnt be able to formulate and own my opinion viewtopic.php?f=100&t=24625

Other members such as perfectlemonade and shooter have respectfully disagreed with me in their own ways. So yeah, I learned the hard way that thinking those thoughts outloud is against the grain here and will likely just piss off other members enough to openly disagree with you.

*ducks for cover*

- Mix

Well since you're going to single me out, I will respond. I was not being derogatory. I called you whiny and ungrateful, just because I was being frank, not critical. I explained my reasoning, and I even tried to soften the blow by prefacing it with "Honestly" and ending with the following summation sentences: "Don't be mad that your skills match theirs. Be proud."

One should never refrain from speaking his mind. However, this is a Zombies forum. Your guys' perspective is going to be outnumbered. You have every right to disagree with the majority opinion, just as much as I have the right to disagree with you. As for my choice of words, I call it as I see it; that's how I've always operated. I don't feel you're a bad person, or one to be disrespected. I don't feel you deserve insults. There's a difference between "You are ungrateful" and "You are being ungrateful". I felt Treyarch needed support; they've worked hard at this game. All I thought is all I said.

*ducks for cover*

- Mix

Well since you're going to single me out, I will respond. I was not being derogatory. I called you whiny and ungrateful, just because I was being frank, not critical. I explained my reasoning, and I even tried to soften the blow by prefacing it with "Honestly" and ending with the following summation sentences: "Don't be mad that your skills match theirs. Be proud."

One should never refrain from speaking his mind. However, this is a Zombies forum. Your guys' perspective is going to be outnumbered. You have every right to disagree with the majority opinion, just as much as I have the right to disagree with you. As for my choice of words, I call it as I see it; that's how I've always operated. I don't feel you're a bad person, or one to be disrespected. I don't feel you deserve insults. There's a difference between "You are ungrateful" and "You are being ungrateful". I felt Treyarch needed support; they've worked hard at this game. All I thought is all I said.

With all due respect, I do not think Treyarch gives a flying fladoodle what one, or even a number of guys, on Codz think about their game. They know where the want to go with it. Do they take our suggestions and feeback and opinions into mind? Of course they do. We are the consumer. We are the reason they are making the game. To get our money and, therefore, to keep us happy.

But will they not be able to sleep at night because a couple people on the internet don't like the direction they're taking the game? Doubtful. Highly, highly doubtful.

I understand that you speak your mind. I understand that you are just being who you are. But your words have obviously left an impact on Mr. Nut over here. No matter how you spin it, using the word 'ungrateful' to describe someone or their actions is not a positive experience for the person being described and they will remember you for it.

Just wanted to throw that out there. :)

-perfect

I, myself, tried to express my feelings of dissapointment at the lack of new content being shown for BO2 zombies, including Treyarch's inability to get me excited in the reveals (which is something that should be so easy to do)... and for it I got blasted on as ungrateful along with several other derogatory remarks by longtime member MMX. And then saw my comments spark a newer member to write this thread basically saying I shouldnt be able to formulate and own my opinion http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 00&t=24625

*ducks for cover*

- Mix

I don't believe that Chloeys thread was aimed at you specifically, in general it was a statement to say we have gotten a lot of info in the past few weeks, a LOT more than for Black Ops 1. I did see a lot of negativity when it came to the COD website & comments below the vids with people fully slating the game & the company which personally made me quite annoyed and felt like posting a similar thread before Chloey made hers. I don't believe what you said was wrong in ANY way & all you did was state your opinion on the trailers and the gameplay. Maybe some of the words MMX said may have come across hurtful but at the end of the day that is his opinion too.

Even though I do disagree with your opinion it doesn't mean I have the right to slate it. CoDz this is Zombies! When it comes to it I guarantee that COD BLOPS II will be one of the best if not THE best yet!

Even if zombies does fail then the multiplayer & campaign are sure to make the game worth it aren't they? I mean man the features we have for those are sure to make it worth wild, zombies is an added bonus!

25 days until the game comes to your step or you go to the stores step and walk out with that game. Make up your mind then... if you don't like it then you have two other modes which will be amazing! Treyarch have worked hard on all aspects, people may not like the same book because of its cover but once the cover has been opened they may realize they've missed a whole world or you may have been right, either way you wouldn't have know if you'd have liked it until you opened it. All I ask is you try zombies when it comes out, no matter what you may think of the initial trailers, hell what did you think when you completed the WaW campaign? "Where am I?.... zombies? :o "

BB, I'm now done for the night! Had to put something here on how I felt about it all. Maybe I've cut right in like an annoying paper cut but I felt I should :D sorry guys :)

I agree that the zombies mode has been advertised terribly. But has Treyarch ever advertised any part of a zombie map besides the new gimmicks? In this case, that would be the bus and the buildables. For example, Moon: They advertised the zero-g, the spacesuits, the launch pads, Wave Gun, etc. Stuff that looks cool but isn't really game changing. It's only when it's released that we discover the REALLY cool things, like No Man's Land. Treyarch never lets us down.

Another thing is that we have to look past the advertising and actually look into EVERYTHING that new zombies is going to provide us with. People are saying TranZit looks too different, but they're ignoring that there's going to be a classic survival mode too. It really all comes down to bad advertising.

I'm excited. I have faith.

400th post beaches.