Stop mocking me's top 10 topics that shouldn't be discussed… Ever…

Over the last series of months, there have been multiple concepts that have lead to unagreeable argument because of lack of information, I'm not going to point fingers at who is responsible for such ill-kept rumors...

Black-Ops-2-Featured-Image-Logo-600x368.

But just to make a point, here are my top 10 concepts that should NEVER be brought up without preparation for a shitstorm. 

-10: The O4 are dead:

There is some speculation as to the "death" of the O4, mainly quotes from richtofen and maxis respectively: 

-You know I'm really starting to miss the other three… -Unused game files

- But what about samantha? Your actions will relinquish her to eternal damnation. -Buried ending. 

Both of these hint towards samantha, in richtofen's body being dead, or "in argartha". However there is speculation that the O4 are actually NOT dead but still in argartha. Either way, alive or dead, at least richtofen's body is in argartha, and that's the end of that. 

-9: The N4 are dead: 

There is a stage of the buried easter egg in which one travels to "round infinity" much to their own shock, samule and Co find their own dead bodies. This will inevitably mean that the N4 will eventually die here, but that could mean many things. It could mean that if the N4 stay too long it's likely they will eventually die. It could also be a metaphor for how no matter what you do, you will eventually die in zombies. It also could mean that the N4 are just going to drop dead and their story ends here. However a factor many fail to recognize is that the N4 have died at least once before, in the die-rise cutscene the N4 are seen killed by zombies before being resurrected to "begin anew", meaning the N4 could die here, but continue their story well into the next game. 

-8: Is backwards time travel possible:

The only evidence of backwards time travel in all of zombies occurs in shangri-la and Buried. In shangri-la time is reversed but it only takes them back for a few minutes before flashing back, in the present, time is the same, but what you did in the past stays relevant. It is possible to then continue to do the easter egg over and over but each time the end result is gary and brock dieing regardless of what you change. In buried it's possible to not truly travel back in time, but destroy time, as everything you did what destroyed with it. Depending on how one interprets this information changes how one is effected to the possibility of backwards time travel. 

-7: Is MOTD in hell: Personally I don't think this should be on my list, but there was a fair amount of people who argued against the idea of MOTD being in hell and it instead just being a random loop. But the references of Dante's inferno seal the deal for me, either way, it comes in as number 7. 

-6: Should there be a ranking system in the next game: Again, people have their pros and cons on this subject. Some think it's just a mater of tweaking the system from BO2, others think it needs to be scrapped entirely. A small few like the system as it was in BO2, but that's all opinion. 

-5: Is shangri-la on mars: Again, another ridiculous theory, but the troll zelnski is and the game's code files have led to many mars-related preposterous theories that don't serve much purpose. Either way, just don't put mars and Shangri-la in the same sentence, it's for the better of everyone. 

-4: Is the Origins map cannon: MANY people have noticed how certain aspects of Origins don't match up with the rest of the story, mainly the ending cutscene. Some have ventured to say that it's possible that Origins is actually hell like MOTD may be, but in the end, it's still a pretty screwed up map that sticks out like a sore thumb. 

-3: WHEN Does moon/nuketown take place: This is another corrupt topic with no definitive answer. Many believe it to take place in 2015-2025 era, while others believe it's in the 1960s. There is substantial evidence for both sides, however every time a new clue arrises for one side, the other side has a counter-clue. The biggest one I can think of is the poster in die rise which shows the date to be well after the 1990s, but the opposing argument is that it's actually just a hint at trayarch's founding. 

-2: What will the next game be: World at war 2, Black ops 3, or a new title?: Much speculation has shown that any one of these 3 possible titles are possible. Personally I'm leaning towards a futuristic WAW2 game. Simply because people are LOVING WAW right now, however, futuristic gaming holds so much more potential then WW2/WW1 gaming. I hope to see either a futurized past like wolfenstein, or a WW3 game. 

-1: Is it all just a game?: The Origins ending cutscene just needs to burn and die. It honestly has raised far more questions then answers and NOT in a good way. Personally I think it would be a total cop-out to say it's all just a children's game and therefor I uphold the idea that the "room" samantha is in, is actually the aether in which she controls the zombies. Some even have come to believe the whole game will re-start in the world where child samantha and richtofen exist… OF course this would point to playing as children, and no game in their right mind would depict children shooting zombies. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My answers to Everything

10- Maybe

9- Hopefully

8- yes

7- Probably but Not important so IDK

6- No....God No

5- HAHAHAAHAHAHAHH The Keke is Top....

4- Yes....from a certain point of view

3- Yes and No

2- I do not have the faintest Clue

1- Of course it's a Game.....but storywise it is Impossible to be Certain at this time. Anyone who says they Know for certain  has no idea what they are talking about...."Ahem" City of Pee..... TH3 AR3....COUGH"

Those are My answers They are Neither Right nor Wrong. Except for that last one... 

I feel like you're taking shots at some very specific people and recent threads with these..

I'm not taking shots at anyone, and believe me, all of these topics have all been in discussion for a LONG time, not just recently. 

So essentially you just created a thread for folks to argue the validity of the above topics as a collective? Probably not the most wise thread concept sir.

Oh, no, I expect people to argue like wild dogs who are in the meth business. 

• Administrators

I was once in the meth business.

It was awful.

Half of these are commonly-mentioned things that really need no iteration for the 100th time, and others are loosely-based opinions that didn't warrant itself in a thread.

But emphasize #1 more so nobody can ever say it again.

Origins is canon, it was just a game, deal with the ending. The things that contradict stuff in the other maps are the result of Treyarch retconning most of the story.

Nothing more to it, really.

I agree, its easy for them to retcon stuff in their story.

Also a lot of these are your theories, why would you say not to discuss them when you take part in discussing most of these and argue with or against most of them?

So to summarize:

"These topics are too subjective to reach a conclusion, so let's not discuss them. But for the record, this, this, and this are wrong."

That seems to be a little contradictory.

Also yeah, you should speak about some things more objectively. You can still say "I respect this person's opinion although I disagree with it" instead of calling a theory preposterous and ridiculous. I mean that derived from a single individual's work, so I would be offended if that was directed at me.

Also this kinda goes against the nature of this community. Treyarch gives us a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle where only 10 of the pieces have images, and it's our job to paint on the rest. There is no reason why we should ever NOT discuss a topic more. Why not? Because it's been discussed already? So what, we get new members and new ideas every day, and nothing is conclusive. We're here to have fun. Frankly this place needs that kind of discussion. As long as it's generating thought it is a good topic, even if no conclusion can be reached.

I mean I get your point, but it seems like a bad idea to say "stop thinking."

To be honest their are a lot of posts that are around now and are active that are about these topics and it will definitely make them feel targeted at. Its unfair to them and since a lot of this is your own opinions it just seems like you are making a post about why everyone else should stop theorizing about these things.

I will say this on the matter.

Calling one theory "ridiculous, preposterous and not serving much purpose" because you don't like it, disagree with it, see the 'evidence' as invalid, or any other reason really, is going a bit too far. Often a ton of work goes into these theories, and they're mainly speculation anyhow. Personally there are but a few theories I agree with to an extent, but even then I can still applaud and respect the work that went into every one of them posted here that I read through.

It's also kind of funny how you ridicule the mars theory because the only proof of that is gamefiles and some hints by the devs on twitter, yet 'Mob and Origins are in hell' is totally confirmed because there was some Dante reference somewhere in some map.

Personally, I never liked this "show conclusive proof or throw your theory out the window" attitude some of the people in the Zombies community have.

Regarding Zombies, you can discuss pretty much anything here on CoDZ without the fear of people posting disparaging remarks like "lol this sounds ridiculous".
And the last thing we need is some person saying what people should and should not talk about.

tasty bait m8.

I will say this on the matter.

Calling one theory "ridiculous, preposterous and not serving much purpose" because you don't like it, disagree with it, see the 'evidence' as invalid, or any other reason really, is going a bit too far. Often a ton of work goes into these theories, and they're mainly speculation anyhow. Personally there are but a few theories I agree with to an extent, but even then I can still applaud and respect the work that went into every one of them posted here that I read through.

It's also kind of funny how you ridicule the mars theory because the only proof of that is gamefiles and some hints by the devs on twitter, yet 'Mob and Origins are in hell' is totally confirmed because there was some Dante reference somewhere in some map.

Personally, I never liked this "show conclusive proof or throw your theory out the window" attitude some of the people in the Zombies community have.

Regarding Zombies, you can discuss pretty much anything here on CoDZ without the fear of people posting disparaging remarks like "lol this sounds ridiculous".

And the last thing we need is some person saying what people should and should not talk about.

tasty bait m8.

That's the thing though. "Conclusive proof" doesn't exist in this community. We thought we knew a lot of stuff conclusively, then we saw a minute long clip of a girl playing with dolls.

• Administrators

Often a ton of work goes into these theories, and they're mainly speculation anyhow.

That's the thing though. "Conclusive proof" doesn't exist in this community. We thought we knew a lot of stuff conclusively, then we saw a minute long clip of a girl playing with dolls.

Are you trying to refute what he's saying, @Electric Jesus? Pardon if I'm misunderstanding, but by saying "that's the thing though" it seems like you are under the impression that you two are saying different things, but based on the two statements of @'s that I quoted, I think you both are trying to make the same point.

The zombies community is like being in the ocean. Some tides will try to suck you in while other tides try to push you out. To reach true enlightenment one must be in the middle. If you get sucked in you could become an AR3 which is a term used for people who spread rumors and lies to misguide the community. You are also an AR3 if you believe something to be true just because of a Minor detail. Things such as tally marks or colored eyes.

Then there's the other side of the community. If you become too powerful you become arrogant and eventually you start riding around on a High Horse. You start to believe that you are always right and you know everything.

But then there are those who neither fall to stupidity nor become Mad with Power. These are the types of Members that keep the community Balanced. Those who can stay balanced in an ever changing community are the ones that can bring down entire youtube channels. Teach others and guide community whenever something new pops up.

Debating a topic is not wrong. Debate is what separates what is canon and not canon. But never start a debate until you have enough evidence on both sides. Just because mountains are red doesn't warrant a full debate. And although I think the theory is ridiculous you have to give credit where it is due. The guy on Codz who made the post did the research. Which is what makes him different from AR3 style members.

Argh, in true Mocking form, he just trolled everybody to get some discussion happening again.

Good topic!  :ph34r:

Bingo  B)

That seems like you just luckily got off the hook for making a very controversial and not well received post.

Argh, in true Mocking form, he just trolled everybody to get some discussion happening again.

Good topic!  :ph34r:

Bingo  B)

That seems like you just luckily got off the hook for making a very controversial and not well received post.

Or maybe it was the exact plan of action to create a post I knew people would discuss because its filled with some of the most arguable topics known to site... Or maybe I'm just an Idiot.... YOU'LL NEVER KNOW!