Zombies Etiquette 101

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start:

Rule #1: the player with the most points should buy the door, unless negotiations are made.

Actually I'd like to speak out highly against this rule.

The player with the LEAST points should (almost) always buy the first door, and then the next player up should get the second, and then the top two scorers should buy the last two.

On most maps (Der Riese, Kino, FIVE, Ascension, CotD, Shangri-La, Moon, and Origins) this works pretty well as these doors generally increase in price as you go along, so poorer players buy the initial cheap doors and richer players buy the later expensive doors. Usually fourdoors or so will get you to or very close to either power, or the power melee weapon of the map (if not both), or in Origins case, out to No Mans Land.

Unless you're REALLY desperate, and can't buy a cheap 1000 point wall smg afterwards, you should get the ball rolling by buying the cheapest door if you happen to have the least points.

My addition now:

Rule #4: Don't start a match in public with strangers unless you're willing to accept the following: you'll probably down and may even bleed out once or twice; the others might not talk, or may be terrible to talk to; you might get a few early round kills stolen; things won't go exactly the way you want them to go; ragequitting is for losers; you probably won't be breaking your personal best.

Also as an additional because I really want to see this supported...

Rule #5: The first thing, and second and third, that you should say in an Origins public lobby is "hello" followed by standard pleasantries. NOT: "I call ---- staff! ""---- staff!"" ---- STAFF!!!!"

Which rule are we on again?

Rule 6ish:

If at any point spawns stop, but the round doesn't change for a given amount of time and/or a player communicates to leave a zombie up, Do Not harm another zombie until you get the green light.

If cornered by that one last zombie, take the down...you deserve it anyways for allowing yourself to get cornered by 1 zed.

Rule #5: The first thing, and second and third, that you should say in an Origins public lobby is "hello" followed by standard pleasantries. NOT: "I call ---- staff! ""---- staff!"" ---- STAFF!!!!"

@AndyMark2 this is you.

Rule #7: Don't hog the box. One or two hits is fine but 3 or more and you're just a box hogger.

EDIT:

Damn it @[member="ETEl2NAL407"]

Changed Rule #6 to #7.

Edited by TheNathanNS

I'll start:

Rule #1: the player with the most points should buy the door, unless negotiations are made.

Rule 1-a :  If the player with the most points has the least kills, they are free to do what the fuck they want. I'm with Mega and Chopper on this rule.

I always hated being the guy asked to open more than my share of doors simply because I have been more frugal with my assets. I'll contribute my share, but I refuse to conserve points just for you.

Well that should just be a general rule for life undy. These are specific methods of avoiding douchebaggery within zombies.

Going off of that, I'd say

Rule #8: If someone on your team breaks any of the aforementioned rules (specifically the law of anti-douchebaggery) Don't attempt to retaliate. Be the bigger person. Handle it existentially. If you decide objectively they the guilty party is a bigger negative impact to the rest of your team that they are a positive one, let them die when they go down. Don't actively kill them though. It is for the purification of your team. If they ragequit the average douchiness goes down, and if they respawn with just a pistol they lose their ability to kill steal or whatever they were doing.

Another general thing:

Rule #... something?: Being the best player in the lobby and being the player with the best score aren't necessarily the same thing. This encompasses teammates kill stealing, random BS downs, etc. It happens to even the best of us. Don't let it get you upset! There is a war to be fought!

Additionally, there are different gameplay styles, just like in MP. Be ready to accomodate for any of them, in survival OR grief (with or against you.) There will be super aggressive kill whores, or passive people. one is not greater than the other, so if your particular archetype isn't doing as well as another, you need to be VERSATILE!

Actually Rule #1 is Watch Yo Back! (that quote appears on the BOI multiplayer zombies loading screens)

Another is to weigh the odds of you surviving a revive attempt. Should you go for a revive and risk going down yourself, but get the revived teammate's support, or let them die and survive without them? I gurss the actual rule is DON'T FEEL OBLIGATED TO REVIVE EVERYONE!

Well that should just be a general rule for life undy. 

hehe undy. I approve and agree.

But on the contrary;

Rule 42: Survive. You might have a team to help you, but ultimately it's every man for himself. Know your loops or die.

R. 37: When someone is down, instead of basing your decision - of whether or not to go revive him - purely on the value of the guns he/she is holding, remain rational and weigh out your odds of succesfully reviving/surviving the rescue attempt. If it's too risky, don't go for it.

Dead Teams Tell No Tales

"BUT I Got… I GHOT DA WAY GUN! I GOT DA WAY GUN AND THE WAY GUN MARCH TOOO!" 

"Tsk… WHY DIDN'T YEW GET MMEEEEEEEEEE?!?! YOU SUCK AT ZOWMBIES! I'M LEAVING!

That brings me to another rule: 

The delta contract: -In BO2, one is perfectly ok to leave, only if another player has left or timed out before you. 

We should name these after different people on CODZ ...

I'll start:

Actually I'd like to speak out highly against this rule.

The player with the LEAST points should (almost) always buy the first door, and then the next player up should get the second, and then the top two scorers should buy the last two.

On most maps (Der Riese, Kino, FIVE, Ascension, CotD, Shangri-La, Moon, and Origins) this works pretty well as these doors generally increase in price as you go along, so poorer players buy the initial cheap doors and richer players buy the later expensive doors. Usually fourdoors or so will get you to or very close to either power, or the power melee weapon of the map (if not both), or in Origins case, out to No Mans Land.

Unless you're REALLY desperate, and can't buy a cheap 1000 point wall smg afterwards, you should get the ball rolling by buying the cheapest door if you happen to have the least points.

My addition now:

Rule #4: Don't start a match in public with strangers unless you're willing to accept the following: you'll probably down and may even bleed out once or twice; the others might not talk, or may be terrible to talk to; you might get a few early round kills stolen; things won't go exactly the way you want them to go; ragequitting is for losers; you probably won't be breaking your personal best.

Also as an additional because I really want to see this supported...

Calling staffs is the all time biggest zombie pet peave for me.  ALL TIME bigger than anything else. makes me want to punt my xbox out a window