Forum Restructure

• Tech Admin

As you will see, we have had a little clean up and restructured the forum a little. We have also created a new general gaming discussion area. It's not perfect by any means, although it may look as though at more main forum sections exists, it's pretty much the same in overall length but easier to find each catergory and easier to see what has been posted to and if new topics/replies exist.

It's not perfect and we don't profess it to be perfect but it certainly is more organised than it was.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

We shouldn't have added the chat, I don't think. That just brings even less traffic to the actual forums. Otherwise, cool.

EDIT: Oh, it requires a subscription later. Well, then that may or may not be effective at all.

Many of us chat off the forum already and it has had no impact one way or the other. This will just give us the option of not using skype.

We shouldn't have added the chat, I don't think. That just brings even less traffic to the actual forums. Otherwise, cool.

EDIT: Oh, it requires a subscription later. Well, then that may or may not be effective at all.

Many of us chat off the forum already and it has had no impact one way or the other. This will just give us the option of not using skype.

So I've been told on the chat. Seems kinda pointless to charge money for the subscription later, though.

I am glad the chat room has been added. As I have said previously, I am a moderator over on the UGX (custom zombie) forum, and that site has a chat room at it does not affect the forum side in the slightest. New posts are still produced in abundances, and the chat is more helpful for people looking for team-mates or quick answers, or just for people to chat away, discussing general nonsense.

As for the new layout, it was strange at first, but I have adapted to it quickly, and I appreciate that WaW and BO1 gets more attention and focus now. Good job all round guys.

Glad you all like it! :D I'm just happy to see zombies/3arc content on top again (no offense IW/Ghosts :P )

Can I ask for my Mario thread to be moved to the new general gaming discussion area?

@ feel free to just "report" any and all threads that need to be moved (just include a brief suggestion as to where you'd like it moved/think it should be moved), that way all staff will get a notification. A "report" isn't always a bad thing ;)

While it makes sense to me and looks more properly organized, my hard work on Ghosts/Safeguard is all hidden in a tiny link called Ghosts, 3/4 of the way down the page. Sigh.

Oh well, as long as people can find it in external links...

I'll just have to wait and see how it has been impacted.

I know, it's a zombie/Trollarch forum, but...

Edited by 83457
  • Tech Admin

I fully understand 83457, I really do. When I proposed the restructure I posted the structure suggestion in the suggestion forum for everyone to feedback on. We (I say we, I) opted to put them into the Infinityward forum, as was requested and suggested on previous pages. It's right that we support the other developers and games - however, I don't think they deserve main forum space.

Not because they are poor games or anything but they are not zombie related, which is what this site focuses on.