One Reason Why You Love Every Map

I know what you're thinking. "Ugh, one of these threads again." And I don't care.

Well I had a realization. One day, this series is going to be over. Maybe I, or you, will leave it behind for something else, whatever that may be.

Zombies is an experience. Something that only happens once in a lifetime. Something you either love or hate. As MMX has told me before, it is the Mario of this generation.

Anyways, everyone here has lived that experience, and it may not be over yet, but I loved it every step of the way. Every radio, every note, every side quest. It was there to keep me entertained and having fun when nothing else ever could.

Like it or not, you love this series, and the maps that contain it, otherwise you wouldn't buy them, play them, get their achievements, laugh with friends while playing it, get angry at it and then cool down and realize that you should have trained in a different location.

So guys, here's the question.

Why do you love each map?

Nacht Der Untoten: Simplicity as it's finest. 4 Rooms of fun, no perks, the first time I experienced Zombies. True fun.

Verruckt: I love this map because it's creepy. No other map gave me chills like this one. The background noises, the drill sound, the burning forest. Gives the whole "You're screwed and alone." Feel.

Shi No Numa: First map the DG-2 was in. Loved that Wunder Weapon so much.

Der Riese: Pack-a-Punch. Nothing like turning an ordinary weapon into one that would clear entire battlefields.

Kino Der Toten: The introduction to the Thundergun. Another favorite weapon of mine.

"Five": The characters of this map were probably my favorite aside from Tank and co. And it contained the Winter's Howl, so that's a plus.

Ascension: New perks! The rocket exploded! Dolls of the characters!

Call of the Dead: Ziplines! DG-2 as a side quest reward! Celebrity characters!

Shang Ri La: Difficulty. Everything on this map was difficult to me. Oh, shrinking zombies and then playing soccer/football with them was fun too.

Moon: Blowing up the Earth at the end of the EE. Also, low gravity and No Man's Land!

Green Run/TranZit: New characters! New map transportation! More EEs!

Great Leap Forward/Die Rise: An extremely powerful buildable: the Sliquifier. And free perk bottles return!

Alcatraz Island/Mob of the Dead: Mobsters! New weapons! New PaP camo!

Resolution 1295/Buried: Ray Gun Mark II introduction, kinda. LSAT off the wall! The Big Guy!

Excavation Site 64/Origins: The original characters returned, albeit slightly different. Enough special weapons for everyone!

Nuketown: Perks fall from the sky, 'nuff said.

Dead Ops Arcade: I love me some classic top-down arcade shooting.

Okay guys, I know I named a lot more than one reason for most of these, but forgive me. I got a bit nostalgic.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because each one is unique and being able to master one does not mean you are any good at the others.

The way a new map unfolds as you learn more about its complexities is unlike anything else on the market in my opinion.

Personally, DLC night and a new zombie map was always more exciting than a midnight launch...for ANY game.

Just an awesome feeling of anticipation and excitement!

Or is that more than one reason? ;)

Nacht Der Untoten - first map, fell in love with the mode

Verruckt - first map we camped on. Perks and bouncing betty's

Shi No Numa - didn't play much starting out. like the Imperial zombies

Der Reise - Pack a punch! more fun co-op camping

Kino Der Toten - first map I learned to run on. learned the basics of high round survival here

Five - LOVE THE CHARACTERS!!

Ascension - Launch rocket to open PaP was awesome! also Gersch's

Call of the Dead the beginning of AWESOME wonder weapon creativity.

Shangri La - perma perk EE introduced. great idea, and a small map that is still awesome and challenging

Moon - quite possible best map yet. Phenomenal EE and reward. Wave gun. NML. pure awesomeness

Tranzit - *crickets*

Nuketown Zombies - Simple and fantastic. Tons of fun and wish they'd do this more with popular MP maps

Die Rise - Laughed so hard first time i used the Sliquifier.

Mob of the Dead - Blundergat is awesome, but GRIEF makes this great

Buried - too easy, but fun with randoms because its so easy

Origins PaP camo!! and the staves! and the O4. Honestly close to Moon and Der Reise for me

Yay an optimistic thread! I love every map.

Nacht der Untoten: I love the simplicity of it. It makes for a creepy, quick, tough game. In Nacht, you WILL die. And you will die SOON.

Verruckt: Easily one of the creepiest levels. Several times I have gotten spooked by a zombie sneaking up on me. The atmosphere is brilliant.

Shi No Numa: Japanese zombies. Back in the day, that was a pretty big deal. I love their stances too.

Der Riese: I love the retrofuturism that was inherent in this map: DG-2, teleporters, Hounds, etc.

Kino der Toten: Zombies in the sixties! Woo! With Nazis in the sixties! Woo! Where is the chronological sense?! Woo!

"Five": Killing zombies as JFK with a Ray Gun. Just... just... tear...

Ascension: Black hole bomb!

Call of the Dead: George is trying to kill the actors in a Siberian Nazi outpost!

Shangri-La: Ancient modern temple with Richtofen's insignia. Genius.

Moon: Fighting zombies on the Moon + Area 51

Nuketown: Loved playing a zombie version of a multiplayer map.

Green Run: The Bus Driver is a robot, and he just yelled at me. Ha!

Great Leap Forward: Who's Who! There's two of me? Awesome!

Alcatraz Island: Fear my almighty spark!

Resolution 1295: "You will stay forever!" - Sarah Faraday

Excavation Site 64: (Panzer kills me) "Run guys!..... IT CAN FLY! IT CAN FLY! RUNNNN!!!!!"

• Administrators

Nacht Der Untoten - This map made me wet my pants almost every play through; and I liked it;)

Verruckt – Starting out separate from your teammate and working your way towards each other. Awesome. Oh and Perkkkkkkkssssss!!!

Shi No Numa – “Fetch me their souls!” Introduction of the Hell Hounds.

Der Reise – Epic map is epic. Adding the Pap machine changed high rounds forever.

Kino Der Toten - Not the stinkies (nova crawlers), that’s for sure. The race to pull the Thunder Gun is always fun.

Five – “We need more beans for the chowder here.” The voice actors were phenomenal.

Ascension – Super easy map, definitely brought a lot of replay ability. The Gersch was an excellent addition to the tactical slot.

Call of the Dead- The first cinematic since NDU. Great cast.

Shangri La – I loved the easter egg; mostly because it was so challenging. I must have ad twenty or so attempts before finally completing it.

Moon – No Man’s land and the zero grav zombies.

Tranzit – Galva-knuckles/shield

Nuketown Zombies – The atmosphere was great in this map. The moon storyline easter eggs were a lot of fun

Die Rise – I love camping, and this map was made for it.

Mob of the Dead – Ze Golden Spork. A ridiculous and OP melee; but also insanely fun. Johnny freakin’ Cash

Buried – Not a big fan of this map. The starting area slide I suppose.

Origins – Richtofen

Ndu: nostalgia.

Zombie verruckt: we got perks and betties and the two sides made it like two different maps.

Shi no numa: taught me to train (i was one of the pioneers of kiting zombies), only game I've bothered to go over 100 rounds. So easy if you can survive the first 10 rounds.

Der Riese: pap, atmosphere. Team camping aisle 4. Kniving introduced.

All waw maps: if it wasn't for gun glitches there would be no zombies, so that needs a mention. Little did we know how bad Treyarch really is at programming...

Kino der Toten: first map after hiatus. Easy. Cool atmosphere.

"five": only challenging map in bo (except dealing with Moon glitches).

Ascension: easiest map in bo. Thundergun. Great atmosphere.

Cotd: simply huge and overwhelming at first. While extremely easy, it was a challenge to grok.

Shangri-la: pretty. I prefer a nice looking map. Baby maker was hilarious and useful.

Moon: nml? Worst map. Terrible finish for zombies. So buggy and un fun. No one would play this on friends list.

dead ops: top down shooter 80's nostalgia.

Tranzit: ultimate culmination of bo1 maps; 4 solo games in a 4 man game. Hardest bo2 map, which i would not have thought when it came out.

Bus depot: ndu revisited. Three three survival maps just felt like filter, but I'll take them.

Town: small, trainable, shorter games.

Farm: between town and bus depot, not as easy as one, not as hard as the other.

Nuke town: nostalgia from camping bo1 bots. Kinda sucks.

Die rise: invincibility. Buddha room. The first plays when your going down through it.

Motd: finally, a touch of difficulty but not like nt or bus depot. Great atmosphere.

Buried: first play throughs. Easiest map ever, but you can make the difficulty as you choose. Flying.

Origins: some difficulty! No free jugger to help. Either play with 4 staves or train in the crazy place with ease. Reminds me of snn; hard early, then training for many, many rounds.

One of my favorite video games ever. Thanks for all the maps, laughs, tears, and the endless supply of bugs and programming glitches. So many good times.

• Administrators

Nacht der Untoten - The smallest, yet most difficult map to date considering that it was also the first. I loved how raw it was; just you, your guns, and some undead Nazis. Can you really get any better than that?

Verruckt - The horror feel to it and very confined hallways really got me into this map. Did I mention how many times I must've dropped my controller from sheer scares like turning around the corner to come face-to-face with a screaming zombie?

Shi No Numa - It is so vast and open with terrain going against you...that right there was a challenge. I loved the traps to death and always blew my money on them whenever I could.

Der Riese - The catwalk, Pack-a-Punch machine, teleporters, WUNDERWAFFE WUNDERWAFFE WUNDERWAFFE.

Kino der Toten - There is something about destroyed theatres that garners my attention. Also given the fact that we could teleporter hop in a matter of minutes only to Pack-a-Punch whatever was in your arsenal at the top of the projection room. Nothing spells fun more than unloading everything you had down below.

FIVE - I love playing as JFK and Castro. Enough said.

Ascension - With a map as vast as this one and Phd Flopper, it's hard not to love it. The Monkey Round also reeled me in. Free perks galore? Don't mind if I do!

Call of the Dead - I love maps that remind me of winter. Beautiful Wonder Weapon selection, different ways to navigate across the map, George Romero is a zombie? Yes, yes, yes! Also, I have a secret love attraction to Danny Trejo.

Shangri-la - In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight~

Moon One of the toughest maps to date, yet brings you so many utilities, weapons, and different ways to kill zombies. My all-time favorite map.

Modes

Tranzit - It was larger than I would have ever imagined. That being said, however, I really love going on top of the bus. Best joyride ever.

Nuketown - Considering that Nuketown was my favorite MP map, it's no surprise why I'd love this rendition of it.

Die Rise - Vertical structures are always fun obstacles, even without Phd Flopper! There was something about Trample Steams that made the game 10x more fun.

Mob of the Dead - A favorite prison, a favorite era of characters, and the Tommy Gun. Ohhhhh yes indeed.

Buried - Fun for the whole family! There's so much stuff to do with the Big Guy, and it's automatically an easy map to hit high rounds with even the randoms. Also, I can fly with the Paralyzer...weeeeeeee!

Origins - I can become a gun-wielding Wizard as giant mechanized robots, mini-robotic soldiers, and the undead chase me down as I call forth the elements to my advantage with my trusty sidekick Maxis. My body is ready.

Mmmmm...nostalgia tastes oh so delicious.

I'll go with moon: Greatest map ever! You can not get better then killing zombies on the moon! (Unless you're killing zombies at the CENTER of the moon!) :twisted:

And MOTD: I love the fact this map actually exists in the real world! I can visit there and say: Yeah I killed zombies here... Here., here...

Cotd Was great, as it not only gave us fresh characters, two wonder weapons, a brand new epic band, but also rewarded us with access to the most kickass weapon of all time the Wunderwaffe!

Nacht: just you and nazi zombies.

Verruckt:perks! wall weapons! traps! betties!

SNN: Dogs! Waffe! Flogger!

DR: Pap! Monkeys!

-----Delta Style over----

Kino: It's always fun to hit the fire trap and watch them zombies cook. Oh, I love the thundergun.

Five: The pentagon is under attack! My personal fave is Nixon.

Ascension: Easiest map to do rounds 100+. Gersches are fun to use.

CotD: George as a midround boss to give a relief from the scavenger (with the waffe) is always relieving.

Shangri-la: Fun EE. Monkeys return! The baby gun also is hilarious.

Moon: Blew the story wide open. Qed's, wave gun.

Tranzit: *crying baby*

Die Rise: It's funny to use the sliquifier on randoms. :evil:

Mob: So much to do.

Buried: easy map is easy.

Origins: In 5 attempts solo, LOVE IT.

Nacht:Pure survival.Can go unlimited rounds in both waw and bo1,solo or so op,but its not gonna be easy

verruckt:Creepy.Hard.Great training spots IMO,love the way high rounds are played in bo1.

SNN.Pure trap based high rounds in bo1(well can be,or can use wunderwaffe etc.) unlimited rounds in waw if played right.

Der Riese:Amazing.The catwalk.the jumps.The Introduction of my namesake.You know you love it.

Kino:Fun,nice traning areas,simple in ways,thundergun!!!!

Five:Beautiful high rounds,awesome first room challenge,elevators.Pentagon thief,Pap room.Eminem song.

DOA:Fun.Interesting,unique.

Ascencion:Easy,multiude of starts,monkeys mix things up,PHD!!!!

COTD:Unique.Near impossible 100(Note i said near)

Shangri la:Beautuful map.Babymaker.Nice atmposhere.Water slide.Special Zombies.

Moon:NML.Sterile feel.Alone.

Green Run:Survival maps.Introduced grief,and later turned.NDU in the fog.

Die Rise:Best Bo2 map IMO>love it.Elevators.jumps!Sliquifier!

MOTD:Traps.I love traps.nice wonder weapon.Atmosphere.

Buried:Fun.Leroy?Chalk.Mark 2.paralzer.

origins:Templar zombies.Atmpsohere.O4.Mp40!

Since I'll sound like a broken record, I'll try to keep this post related to the unpopular maps.

Shangri-La: This was our first "actual" challenge. You had to change up your strategies for this map since it always kept you on your toes. This made things much more fun and hectic and LomMover96 goes down.

TranZit: This introduced us to a new playable set of characters, creating some variety. Love 'em or hate 'em, the TranZit crew were a nice break from the O4 for a while.

Die Rise: This map kinda saved the Buildables IMO. While in TranZit most stuck with a Turbine because building and setting up anything else was tedious, Die Rise made buildables easy to find, make, and use.

Buried: What I want to believe is our actual "ending" to Black Ops 2. We've waited patiently on what the Towers were for and what was Maxis and Richtofen's plan, and we got it there. Hopefully, our first vote for the Button is actually going to affect the next game's story.

Never actually thought why I liked each map so this is gonna be a fun trip for me down memory lane.

Natch: I haven't played this map enough to form an opinion on it however without it we wouldn't have zombies so I guess this is reason enough.

Verruckt: The overall creepiness of the level. This is the only map I will not play solo simply because it gives me the creeps.

Shi no numa: I think I have played this map twice so I don't have an opinion on it.

Der Riese: Pack a punch and dogs spawning in normal rounds along with their own.

Kino: Thundergun and the infamous "ladder in the back of the stage", always fun to get randoms with that.

Five: Winter's Howl, only thing I like about this map.

Ascension: First map with Flop-Flop and the evil little monkeys.

CotD: The whole atmosphere, I'm a sucker for snow maps in any game so this was like paradise to me.

Shang: The EE in this one ticked me off so much I have nothing good to say about it.

Moon: Hacker, the little game thing you had to do for the EE with the flashing screens I'd play that just for fun, and astronaut zombie who only wants to give you hugs.

Tranzit: I got nothing

Nuketown: Almost getting crushed by pack a punch every time I play, that thing has it out for me it's become a running joke with my friends.

Die Rise: The introduction of the trample steam aka the flinger, so much fun times to have with it.

MotD: Tomahawks, the general creepiness of the map, and getting randoms to look at the jump scare.

Buried: I guess the fact that you can have the big guy hold a crawler and not worry about it die out, other than that I am neutral on the map don't like it but don't hate it.

Origins: Return of the O4, staffs, giant robots, a new jump scare to get randoms with and the new melee punch.

nacht: simple and fun,as well being the first.

verrukt: scary meter is over 9000 on this map. that and it introduced the teddy bear. it provided me lulz and a fear.

shi no numa: 4 original charcters and the different huts. also the dg2

der riese: feels so awesome and added the conspiracy theory drop to zombies.

kino: offically began rape train in my mind. also fun.

five: winters howl,the charcters,and the differculty,oh my.

ascenion: sickle,monkeys,and the landers.

cotd: charcters are awesome(but not trejo). also introduced a boss zonbie without its own rounds.

shangri la: the differculty and the shrink ray(its not a baby gun :evil: )

moon: so varied in its layout and a rewarding plus interesting EE.

green run: the atmosphere feels like the world is ending and beyond hope of repair. plus the bus and tedd.

nuketown: brought back the simple days of nacht and verrkut with its own twist. also the epic m27.

die rise: so high up and so complex yet simple.

motd: brought back the small easter eggs and horror from waw. introduced m1927,my favorite smg.

buried: brought back camping and has flying with the paryzler.

origins: the EE song,that archealogical feel,the staffs(though it doesnt make much sense why they choose a lightning staff over a earth one),richtofen,mechs,and the mg08. plus the weather. even the panzer was fun,though it keeps trying to violate me and my pals.

Huh. Never put much thought about this before. Welp, here goes.

Nacht Der Untoten: The fact that it was a concept test that turned into what we play today? Hell yeah. It's fun, it's simple, and it's easy to pick up. Then it makes you cry.

Verruckt: Never actually played much of Verruckt. But the fact that it starts your group off on different sides? More of that, please.

Shi No Numa: It's a swamp, there's hellhounds, and the DG-2 was introduced here. What's not to love?

Der Riese: Not going to lie. I'm not much of a fan of Der Riese. There. I said it. On a positive note, it kicks my butt. It's fun, I'm just not a huge fan.

Kino: This was my start into zombies. Good times, going over to my friend's house just to play. This is what inspired me to get an Xbox.

"FIVE": I could play a Fidel Castro, and I was 14 at the time. Good times were had.

Ascension: Never got to play this one extensively, but Flopper is cool.

Call of The Dead: Seeing a zombiefied George Romero was enough for me. Instant purchase, I regret nothing.

Shangri-La: Didn't buy this one either. But from what I have played, I love the jungle theme and how close quarters and tight it is. Provides a nice challenge.

Moon: This map blew 14-year old Taklok's mind. Zombies? On the moon?! Reduced gravity?! SPACE?! This map was my perfect, dream map for stuff to do badass things in.

Green Run: I

Great Leap Forward: Despite the fact that I liked Green Run a lot, I wanted a return to previous games' map structure. This was it, and it was nice. Using elevators as transportation between levels was fun AND challenging. Plus who doesn't love using the Sliquifier to make a Slip n' Slide to dolphin dive over crawlers onto?

Mob of The Dead: Alcatraz? Mobsters? 'nuff said. Sign me up. And then there were so many different hidden layers and things to find. It was the perfect map in Black Ops 2 until.....

Buried: No, not until Buried. This map gave us storyline. That's the only thing I like, other than the fact that we can shoot the hats off of the zombies.

Origins: Yes! Until Origins! Origins is arguably THE greatest map in Black Ops 2, and it could be debated the best ever. Lots of things to find, that we searched for for WEEKS after release, staves that go pew pew pew, giant robots, and the return of Flopper, among other innovations like Der Wunderfizz? I love everything that Origins is. Even the end scene. ESPECIALLY the ending.

Forgot Nuketown: I was just pleasantly surprised with how well they adapted Nuketown into a zombies map. When I first got word about it, I was highly doubtful, but Treyarch proved me wrong.

Great thread! I'm just gonna say what I like about my most favorite maps

FIVE- I may be one of the few to say this, but I LOVE the pentagon thief! He can either ruin your game by taking a gun, or you can beat him and he will reward you with a Bonfire sale.

Der Reise- I love how small this map feels. It has a few great camping spots as well as some perfect yet tight training spots.

Call of the Frickin Dead- This map was my very favorite for a long time. Getting all perks has always been my main objective, and I love how difficult it is to kill George, but still so rewarding.

Moon - as I said before, perks. I love to get them all. This map is probably the most challenging to get all perks on. QED's were a fun gamble. Also, No Man's Land sure helped boost my skill level ten-fold.

Buried - I love how much "new" there was in this map. The chalk drawings! Leroy! The witches! This map was a very fun experience.

MOB- one of my top favorite. OBJECTIVES. What do I do first? How can I speed up my set up time? What do I still need to do??! GET ME OFF THIS GOD FORSAKEN ISLAND!

There's so much going on, and it has a very scary atmosphere. It makes you feel like your in hell. But it is just so much fun.

Origins- OBJECTIVES again. I love to actually be doing something DURING all the commotion of zombies. This map is a lot of fun. I love the staves. I love the WAW atmosphere that is brought back through this map.