Origins EE song: Archangel - Elena, Malukah & Clark

RdJokr

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every song in game thus far (with the obvious exceptions of the song on FIVE and the Jonny Cash number) has a specific point of view... what the hell are we supposed to do with 3 singers? :P

I have to say this is awesome though, although I wish Nova's voice was a little more distinguishable. I can pick out Elena and Malukah but not him. So I'm assuming he's in the harmonies and possibly the garbled rasp.

EDIT: after listening another few times, I think I'm recognizing his voice more in some places that i didnt quite think was him. This is the greatest thing. Although I dont think it's my favorite piece. It's got novelty for having all of our zombie singers (Except A7X) but musically I prefer a few others, just as a personal preference.

Didn't even make the hair on my balls tingle. I was expecting something...epic. Not saying that the trio were bad, but it left me thinking: " There must be a second Trio song elsewhere.... done right." I just felt confused, and kind of rushed. Sorry if this offended anyone who's a die hard fan.

On the other hand, Shepherd of Fire filled me with the honor.

That's definitely cool to have all three singers except AX7 together...

The screaming and pace reminds me of Coming Home. But personally this doesn't feel like the best Zombies song. Is it the screaming which has been absent since Elena's last song that messes it up for me, or said pace? Call me a heretic, but I don't really miss Elena too much. Or at least, I don't miss a Coming Home-esque song. Slower songs like Always Running, The One, Where Are We Going, hell even Not Ready to Die, Beauty of Annihilation, Nightmare, and all the others sounded much better than the parts Elena does here for the most part. I've grown to love Malukah and Clark Nova.

Each and every song has made me think about the storyline. For example: Carrion addressed Richtofen. We All Fall Down was Maxis. Where Are We Going was the mobsters in their loop. Always Running was Sarah Faraday (according to an excellent analysis by MMX). This just feels like a throw-in, when its clearly not when they went to the effort of gathering all three singers. Maybe when the Easter Egg is done, things will be clarified and the significant of "coming home", "carrion", "all I am", "letting go", and "in the skies", among others, shall finally be explained.

But until it crashes and the atom smashes, all our minds will just fade away trying to decipher it.

Maybe I just need to listen to it more. Who knows, maybe it'll grow on me like other songs have, just like Carrion grew on me after being the first non-Elena song.

Well, I can say I've let go of all I know (that being Elena singing zombies songs besides AX7).

Really enjoyed the song, the combination of all three vocalists makes it feel like a great send off for BOII's zombie run. The references to the other songs are great, too, for those of us who pay attention to them. Obviously, very happy to see Elena come back. Much better song than Coming Home, which I feel like the excessive screaming wasn't done as well, and the short length ruined what could've been an even better Easter Egg song, when the screaming wasn't going on, everything else was great.

As for the music video, it was awesome, as always. Just wish it was a little bit longer. Even Buried's video was at least two minutes.

Was really disappointed in the song. Malukah and Elena sound so similar that their voices begin to fade together and I can't tell when one is singing or the other. And Clark just sings background vocals, which was disappointing.

I guess when I saw the vocalists, I got really excited, expecting epicness, and got let down hard. I really thought we'd see a going back and forth between Elena and Clark or Malukah and Clark. That probably would have been more appropriate for Buried though.

Clark actually has a larger part than I imagined. Those deep growls you hear while Elena and Malukah sing are actually him! Was very surprised at that, wish he could've done that in Carrion or We All Fall Down.

Malukah and metal is very weird. Should call it Metalukah haha :lol:

Malukah and Elena sound so similar that their voices begin to fade together and I can't tell when one is singing or the other.

Really? I find it kinda obvious. Kevin has the lyrics as well as who sang them in the About section. Malukah's voice has a haunting quality to it, and is slightly lower than Elena's. Whereas Elena's voice has power and is slightly higher than Malukah's.

I do agree about Clark. I feel he should've had a bigger part instead of just being in the background for both. But I'm just glad he's there anyway. :D

I have to say, this song has grown on me. It took me awhile to like the song, due to the points where it completely shifts rhythm, tempo, and/or time but the vocals, the vocals. It's so much better hearing them harmonize and background for each other, than having them harmonize with layered versions of their own voice. I think this song has wonderful vocals, and an overall exciting tempo that makes it feel longer than it actually is.

It'll have to grow on me. There's not much to it. Sure, it references past songs, but that's pretty much it. I was hoping the song would have more going for it than "OMG IT'S THE ZOMBIE TRIO!!!" like maybe have all three battle. Oh well, I'm still really happy Elena took time from her busy schedule at Irrational to do a little song to make us happy.

P.S, we better see more Clark in BO3. He's pretty good, and I hope they don't turn it into the Malukah soundtrack next game.

• 2 months later...

They won't do that, Maluka only appears where there's dead people still having the ability to think strait....

Clark will follow Samule as intended....

What would please me greatly would be to see a Elena version of "zombie" by the cranberrys or she and Clark in "wake me up"

If you listen to both you'll wonder why neither has already been implemented.... :D

But on topic: pity we only get one song, but then again... We only see the O4 once... More of both in next game please...

I think this may have unfortunately been Elena's last track. She doesn't work at Treyarch/Activision anymore. She works at the company that did Bioshock (Insomniac I think). Even if Kevin/3arc/Acti want her for some songs, she may not even be able too, depending if Insomniac let her/what's in her contract.

Perhaps Clark and Malukah will be the main singers now. Perhaps BO2 was used to introduce them to us, to be familiar with them by the time Elena left. Who knows, ever sense Buried I've thrown out the singer does this group, with Malukah doing the N4 (Clark's), as well as O4 (Elena's) in this track.

I guess we'll see. Regardless, I can't wait to hear Clark and Malukah's songs in the next game. And I also can't wait to see where the 3 singers go with their careers. :)

Looking back at this, this was wasted potential really. I understand that Elena is busy at Irrational Games and will probably never sing again till the VERY LAST map (which won't happen for a while since 3arc is smart enough to milk this cahs cow for everything it's got), but the other singers should've gotten their own parts to the song. My boy Clark only growls in this! While I do worry we're going to see the "BO3 Zombies as sung by only Malukah and maybe A7X one time", I hope that Nova gets a bigger part in the next game. I loved Carrion, but We All Fall Down was kinda rocky. He has potential, but he should improve his screaming music voice from my view.

And be it no one has yet to praise AX7 for appearing in BO2 twice, Ill do it: Thank you AX7!

Trust me, their paychecks are thanking them. It's a great deal on both ends to have talent that adds variety to the product and generates hype and it's great to gain a lot of new fans who go "Duude Shepherd of Fire is awesome I should check out Hail To The King and the rest of the album too!".

She works at the company that did Bioshock (Insomniac I think). Even if Kevin/3arc/Acti want her for some songs, she may not even be able too, depending if Insomniac let her/what's in her contract.

Nah it's Irrational Games who did Bioshock. Well it's kind of merged to form Irrational Games. 2K is the parent developer/publisher. But I didn't know aobut that. Interesting...