Changing Weather

TheBSZombie

So we have it again and I wanted to point it out to people that haven't actually picked up on it yet. We have fog, we have snow, and I think there was one more weather type thing the narrator told us about the map. So look forward to it. I could care less about the fog, I just hate hearing people complain about it. So please don't.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"fog rolling in" sounds like a boss round... Maybe fog surrounds the boss zombie...

I think the last thing was "rain"... It would be cool to see the Transferance of rain and snow... The snow wouldn't stick obviously... But we'll see what happens...

Hopefully they keep the area-based music changes and make them good like MOTD's... Buried's all sounded about the same, other then the courthouse's theme...

I wonder if lightning will effect gameplay too... Likely not... But putting it out there...

Not really... The fog is a bit strange but freezing-rain is quite common over in the us in winter... Don't see why it's not possible to do the same in France...

Well it's just strange that it changes to suddenly. I'm certain freezing rain doesn't go from snow to rain to snow to anything else, does it? I've never experienced it here in Canada. We're either too cold or too wet. :lol:

BS, you ever play Call of the Dead? The fog is a load of shit on that map. If you're by the AK, you seriously can't see to the other side of the beach when that fog is in. It sucks and it's lame. I won't mind fog if it's not too thick, like how dog rounds are or something. But if it's like Tranzit or like Call of the Dead, it will just be a major annoyance.

Snow is cool though. I was hoping to see another snow map, and I guess we kind of got one. I have a thing for snow maps hahahaha

BS, you ever play Call of the Dead? The fog is a load of shit on that map. If you're by the AK, you seriously can't see to the other side of the beach when that fog is in. It sucks and it's lame. I won't mind fog if it's not too thick, like how dog rounds are or something. But if it's like Tranzit or like Call of the Dead, it will just be a major annoyance.

Snow is cool though. I was hoping to see another snow map, and I guess we kind of got one. I have a thing for snow maps hahahaha

Yea I loved cotd. one of my favorite maps. The map got me into zombies. I guess thats why I don't mind the fog.

Hopefully we'll get millimeter scanners on your ARs on this map. It's a relief if anyone is using explosive weapons, or if there is fog/smoke. You can still see everything perfectly.

And my theory on the fog from snow is, we have a battle going on, there is body heat, heat from all the diesel-punk machinery and then things like granades, tank blasts ect. This all could effect the weather for just this specific area. I have driven through a small patch of rain just to hit a bigger cloud of fog on the road.

So it could just be that it's regularly snowing in the rest of the area, and with all the energy being exerted, we are causing a temperature rise, giving us rain and fog.

Visibility has never been an issue for me in atmospheric maps. I can run the CotD ak74u train in my sleep, and the only real hassle about tranzit's fog is the denizens. However I feel like if they wanted to add atmosphere they would just use fog. The fact that there are several types of weather (more than 2) suggests that they hold more significance than just atmosphere.

"fog rolling in" sounds like a boss round... Maybe fog surrounds the boss zombie...

I think the last thing was "rain"... It would be cool to see the Transferance of rain and snow... The snow wouldn't stick obviously... But we'll see what happens...

Hopefully they keep the area-based music changes and make them good like MOTD's... Buried's all sounded about the same, other then the courthouse's theme...

I wonder if lightning will effect gameplay too... Likely not... But putting it out there...

Honestly, I didn't even know that Buried had varying themes. (Besides the game over song of course.)

and I think there was one more weather type thing the narrator told us about the map.

The narrator? Er... are you talking about the Treyarch employee in the Apocalypse trailer? Or was there something I missed... :?

It did, if you were in the right place at the right time you heard different background themes... There was also the "easter egg step advancement" theme, the game-over theme, the top of the gazebo theme, the witches house theme, the bottom of the shaft theme, and the different "maxis and richtofen" victory themes...

The problem was that everyone stays In either the town square, the tree-area, or in the maze and don't notice these other songs...

This one might be kind of a stretch but I'll just throw it out here for disussion what if the weather plays a large role in the easter egg, I noticed some of the lightning in the trailer appeared to be striking areas in the map maybe there's a way to direct the lightning so that you can use it to strike down the giant robot?

This one might be kind of a stretch but I'll just throw it out here for disussion what if the weather plays a large role in the easter egg, I noticed some of the lightning in the trailer appeared to be striking areas in the map maybe there's a way to direct the lightning so that you can use it to strike down the giant robot?

Maybe you could plant a lightning rod on one of the giant robots to kill it? :mrgreen:

I think realistically weather would affect the robots. Precipitation could slow them down and cause them to rust. Fog could reduce visibility and hinder their ability to track you. Of course there is always the possibility that they don't specifically target players, and are more of an environmental hazard as they pass through. In that case weather could reduce YOUR ability to see them, and it could change their speed and make their locations more unpredictable.

There are two types of fog.

1. The fog in CotD. This fog is fine. It doesn't make things invisible, just gives a layer of creepiness.

2. The fog in TranZit. This fog is awful. You can't see three feet in front of you. Pointless.

If it's CotD fog, I think we'll be okay.

The fog in tranzit was fun. I always felt I mastered the map because I knew how to navigate through the fog.

Fog is needed in some of the maps in order to compensate the graphics and memory needed for the size of the map. That said, fog on Tranzit was a bit annoying and I don't like it. It is ridiculous on PS3 specially.

Dynamic changing weather (like in cotd) as specified in trailer is not a big deal.

Fog is needed in some of the maps in order to compensate the graphics and memory needed for the size of the map. That said, fog on Tranzit was a bit annoying and I don't like it. It is ridiculous on PS3 specially.

Dynamic changing weather (like in cotd) as specified in trailer is not a big deal.

People are still going to bitch about the weather though....