Finally ascension, but

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, you need to accept that you won't keep all of your Perks. You just have to accept that. All you need to do is keep Juggernog. Make sure not to open the door connecting the Juggernog room to ground level. That way, the Space Monkeys only come from below. (If you're on Solo, this is even better because you can watch Juggernog and Quick Revive at the same time. You can funnel the Monkeys down one doorway to take them out.

What do you use to kill them? The best thing is the Ray Gun. However, the Thundergun is also pretty good. Early on shotguns and Sickles do well, but they soon lose their effectiveness. Whatever you do, don't throw grenades. Also, Claymores help, but make them face AWAY from the Monkeys. Otherwise, they will just "disarm" them. I also like to place Claymores all around Juggernog. Even if the Monkeys make it past them, it will at least slow them down a bit.

Lastly, make sure that as soon as a Monkey round starts that you run to Juggernog ASAP. If there are other players, you can either have them help you, or you can station them at other Perks so you won't lose them all. Your call.

Hope this helped.

• Moderators

Also use the traps/turrets.

I actually managed to not loose any perks in one monkey round after having bought four.

Which means that I had five perks at one point in the game.

Take that, MMX! :P

Just kidding.

But seriously if you are lucky you can have more than 4 perks in the game. (While still having access to everything else in the map.)

Lol Lenne. Yes, in fact, all of the high-round people typically use traps on these rounds. I personally never really mastered that. You can look up videos on how to do that. Many users have their own personalized system. (But be warned, if you aren't proficient at their system, you'll wind up dead trying it.)

I personally love these types of discussions. I missed the days of Superhands, Tom, Chopper, Eye and many other great strategists discuss in game managements in the micro form.

To better defeat your enemy, first you want to learn about them. A few things you may want to jot down about these perk thieves:

1. Monkey health is weaker than zombies, a la hounds or nova crawlers.

2. When they stomp, they shock and stun your character similar to George Romero.

3. Grenades are ineffective against them, as they will toss back at you.

4. Claymores on flat grounds are useless, monkeys stomps will activate them without being harmed

5. They generally go for perks, but will opt for a player if they are in the vicinity.

6. When they do the chest pumps, they are immune to attack, not certain about splash damage.

7. They come every 4-5 rounds, appear out of the rockets falling off the sky, scattered around the open areas of the map.

Here are the personal preferences as you will see many different versions depending on the person.

For solo, I do not like to defend jug as much as others. Losing QR to a monkey count as one of the three QRs eligible for each game, I make that my priority. Although available on all maps, Claymores are more important on Ascension for their usage against the monkeys. When stacked on stairs, monkeys do not detect them therefore become a valuable source for protecting perks. I save my claymores at locations where I will not activate spawn and set them off by accident. For example, I stack four on the steps to Mule Kick, given only one, max of two monkeys will go for mule kick. I stack two on the steps in the spawn room by the top window. Any remaining claymores I stack them on the steps en route to jug. During a monkey round, I run back and forth from the mule kick trap to the turret trap, luring any monkeys appearing in the vicinity. This should ensure flopper, jug, and quick revive to be left alone. I kill any monkeys on-site and the only perk in doubt is stamina. During normal rounds I run by the MP5K area to keep zombie spawns from wasting my claymores.

Hope this helps, if not it is always fin to see how others approach the situation.

I personally love these types of discussions. I missed the days of Superhands, Tom, Chopper, Eye and many other great strategists discuss in game managements in the micro form.

To better defeat your enemy, first you want to learn about them. A few things you may want to jot down about these perk thieves:

1. Monkey health is weaker than zombies, a la hounds or nova crawlers.

2. When they stomp, they shock and stun your character similar to George Romero.

3. Grenades are ineffective against them, as they will toss back at you.

4. Claymores on flat grounds are useless, monkeys stomps will activate them without being harmed

5. They generally go for perks, but will opt for a player if they are in the vicinity.

6. When they do the chest pumps, they are immune to attack, not certain about splash damage.

7. They come every 4-5 rounds, appear out of the rockets falling off the sky, scattered around the open areas of the map.

Here are the personal preferences as you will see many different versions depending on the person.

For solo, I do not like to defend jug as much as others. Losing QR to a monkey count as one of the three QRs eligible for each game, I make that my priority. Although available on all maps, Claymores are more important on Ascension for their usage against the monkeys. When stacked on stairs, monkeys do not detect them therefore become a valuable source for protecting perks. I save my claymores at locations where I will not activate spawn and set them off by accident. For example, I stack four on the steps to Mule Kick, given only one, max of two monkeys will go for mule kick. I stack two on the steps in the spawn room by the top window. Any remaining claymores I stack them on the steps en route to jug. During a monkey round, I run back and forth from the mule kick trap to the turret trap, luring any monkeys appearing in the vicinity. This should ensure flopper, jug, and quick revive to be left alone. I kill any monkeys on-site and the only perk in doubt is stamina. During normal rounds I run by the MP5K area to keep zombie spawns from wasting my claymores.

Hope this helps, if not it is always fin to see how others approach the situation.

nice reply. that should help for when i play tonight. question though, how many monkeys per solo round? and do they increase every time or stay at that certain number. I know on kino the first dog round there are 6 of them but it increases later but on die rise it stays at 6 the whole time...

I usually use MMX's strategy which involves covering revive and juggernog simultaneously.

However if you're confident enough in your training abilities you can choose to simply turn on the power and hold off with only Quick Revive or Flopper, and leave the other perks closed. Each monkey round you'll get a free perk until you have all perks, and since none are opened you still only have to protect flopper and / or quick revive.

When the time comes for you to pack a punch, you will have to open all the perks (which ruins it) but if you put that off as long as possible without PAP you can go through the teens / 20s with 5 perks. It takes skill and patience, but i've pulled it off quite a few times. I've pumped hours and hours into the floppert train so i can do it without jug, but if you feel you can't, this strategy isn't for you. I mean, if you're lucky your first free perk will be jugg, but chances are you'll hhave to train for several rounds.

So I am currently on round 26 with 3 perks. I thought I would feel you guys in. I tried mmx strategy of holding jug and qr at the same time, has worked flawlessly. On the first boss round around round 5 I only had quick revive. I held off every zombie using the sickle. And then a last monkey came from the complete opposite side of the others so he screwed the whole thing up. The next time i had qr and jug. I held it off perfectly and got phd. I then searched the whole map looking for claymores and found them. I started a mini stack of claymores and on the round that I thought was before the boss round i set up about 4 clyamores on the stairs going up to phd and ran straight to the top of the spawn room and held them off. I got a free perk from that and received mule kick.... So the next time I did the same thing but didn't get to qr fast enough and the monkeys latched on before my M&S slammed into it. So no free perk. Then on round 25 I purposely let them take mule kick so I wouldn't have 3 guns and a useless perk.

Now to buy staminaup or speed cola... a great question...

I remember my friend and I did a challenge on Ascension where the only perk we could buy was Quick Revive and the rest had to be obtained from monkey drops. We defended so hard that the only perk we opened up was Flopper, meaning we never got to Pack a Punch. We made it to the mid-30s. Ascension, you so easy :lol:

As for your current predicament, I'd go Speed Cola. Staminup is useful, yes, but Speed is more valuable, at least on solo. Defend hard next monkey round and you might even get Staminup as well ;)

I remember my friend and I did a challenge on Ascension where the only perk we could buy was Quick Revive and the rest had to be obtained from monkey drops. We defended so hard that the only perk we opened up was Flopper, meaning we never got to Pack a Punch. We made it to the mid-30s. Ascension, you so easy :lol:

As for your current predicament, I'd go Speed Cola. Staminup is useful, yes, but Speed is more valuable, at least on solo. Defend hard next monkey round and you might even get Staminup as well ;)

Thats what I was thinking. I don't even like staminaup that much anyways... even on tranzit.

Thats what I was thinking. I don't even like staminaup that much anyways... even on tranzit.

My primary use for Staminup has always been to get to downed teammates that are far away. So in my opinion, much less useful in solo. However, it can be very useful on large maps like Ascension. Honestly, I REALLY wish it were on MotD. I would buy it over Electric Cherry any day.

Not sure if anyone has said this already, but here's what I do when I play ascension: simply don't ever buy jug or open the doors to it.

It's a very easy map, so it's not hard to last without jug. Just wait until you get it from the monkeys by guarding QR and then you can never loose it.

Or you can down yourself until QR is gone, and buy flopper, get the thundergun if going for high rounds, then you only have perk to guard when the monkeys come. Now you should have every perk for the whole game. When ammo gets tight, you can open PAP but remember that you will have to open up all doors to do so.

It's really only a solo strategy (a boring one at that), but it's good for when you want a low-stress game and to get to high rounds. I got to 53 fairly quickly without every needing to PAP.

well i got to round 53 last night and ended it because it was late and i was bored of trying to get the third tgun. But back on topic I was able to hold 5 perks for a while past 30. but when i went to finish a round b4 the boss round i trapped myself behind the fire trap by the pap. so i lost phd. i then went down later on 43 because I thought it would be fun to pick up a death machine.

The only perk you really need is jug. Speed doesnt help sine you are primarily using the tgun. And most likely there are no zombies close by when you empty a clip. mule kick is unnescessary unless you want a crossbow. phd is nice 2 have but the m&s are just crawler makers.

with that being said i ran jug/phd after i had an accident on round 51 where i lost total focus and ran straight into my hoarde.

Also claymores get hitmarkers most of the time after 35... so its hard to protect. They also barely ever go for speed...

But anyways this map is really easy i got to 53 and only played it about 5 times.

Some extra pointers.

Look at the sky where the monkeys are falling.

6 monkeys in total.

Some spots are accessible to kill monkeys without going there. You can shoot monkeys from Spawn room's top floor (by door) using mustang and sally's aiming towards Jugg room through the hole in that room. Similarly you can cover PHD room from MP5k if you get there late.

Face claymores pointing towards monkey entrances on stairs.

Guard QR in solo more than Jugg.

Keep the QR door closed leading to Jugg, although its not end of the world it helps to protect both perks from one location.

Try to turn on sentries. It starts shooting monkeys when they start coming towards you and you will know their location roughly.

Sometimes they get stuck in walls, you literally go next to them and they will spring out.

Use traps in very high rounds to kill monkeys, if you don't have t-gun ammo. I normally use the one by PAP, and go up stairs and jump down through hole in wall next to box. You can also use stamin up trap. Just remember sometimes monkeys jump through trap (not confirmed).

Use Mustang and sally in early rounds.

Gersches don't kill monkeys. They just teleport them.

Remember to not get pinned by monkeys by the wall. If you have more than 2 monkeys following you run away first. Don't ever hug the wall, they will stun you for few seconds and will kill you. Not sure if it will help you,, but I like to share this video with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IptY6V4aH6U

This just happens to be one of my favorite maps as PHD Flopper was introduced here.

thanks way2go, it should help me in my round 100 attemp (yes I really believe I can get to round 100 on this map even though I haven't even played the map more than 10 times.)

Btw why does one of the characters mention facebook on this map?

You're not crazy for thinking you can get that far. This is an EASY map, and if you got to round 53 on your fifth try, getting to 100 is simply a matter of focus and patience.

You might wanna head over to Superhands' Ultimate Solo Guide and read the Ascension section. Even if you feel like you've got the map down, a few pointers are always handy, and that guide has some tips even I didn't think up before attempting my run.

Also, I know which quote you're talking about. I think the devs just put it in there as a weird joke. Like how Dempsey is from the 40s, but is still concerned about updating his Facebook page. I don't really get it either, but it made me chuckle at the time :lol:

thanks way2go, it should help me in my round 100 attemp (yes I really believe I can get to round 100 on this map even though I haven't even played the map more than 10 times.)

Btw why does one of the characters mention facebook on this map?

You're not crazy for thinking you can get that far. This is an EASY map, and if you got to round 53 on your fifth try, getting to 100 is simply a matter of focus and patience.

You might wanna head over to Superhands' Ultimate Solo Guide and read the Ascension section. Even if you feel like you've got the map down, a few pointers are always handy, and that guide has some tips even I didn't think up before attempting my run.

Also, I know which quote you're talking about. I think the devs just put it in there as a weird joke. Like how Dempsey is from the 40s, but is still concerned about updating his Facebook page. I don't really get it either, but it made me chuckle at the time :lol:

I probably will before I try. I play on having a week all to myself house sitting again (last time I got to round 79 on die rise) where all I got to do is watch a dog. So I plan on knocking out 100 on kino and 100 on ascension and maybe, just maybe 100 die rise. (Actually come to think of it my round 79 was cut short because of time purposes and wasn't even on the week of my house sitting)

I probably will before I try. I play on having a week all to myself house sitting again (last time I got to round 79 on die rise) where all I got to do is watch a dog. So I plan on knocking out 100 on kino and 100 on ascension and maybe, just maybe 100 die rise. (Actually come to think of it my round 79 was cut short because of time purposes and wasn't even on the week of my house sitting)

Three 100s in one week?? ...Attention staff, we have a beast on aisle three...

Three 100s in one week?? ...Attention staff, we have a beast on aisle three...

lol. I have nothing else to do. And if perfect's times are correct, then all of them will be around 12 hours each. So 7 days in a week, i can do 6 hours to each day and unless I get disconnected then everything should be allright. I just need to focus on my kino game. since I only got to round 46, thats a big jump to go through (died due to rerolling the thunder gun for the first time). but ascension should be easy and if I get lucky with die rise it should be easy to.

These rounds really drag after 60. After 80 they feel like a burden. At 90, you feel like giving up . Haha. Do the PAP room strategy. It's pretty fast. Keep yourself challenged. Hit box mid round. :)

yea motd wasn't to bad though. I had king of the hill to keep me company. I will probably be on this website the whole time though..... I might go buy some box sets of king of the hill lol. The 90s weren't to bad. especially 95+ I could feel the 100 coming. And 2 times during the 80s I lost all my purgatories so I was on my toes and that kept me entertained.

Once you pass the 40's, the only thing that effectively kills the monkeys other than traps is the Thundergun. Sadly... ammo becomes an issue. So use the traps as much as you can and do all you can to keep QR and Jug safe. The others don't matter. Flopper is easy to get back (though you don't need it past 40), Mule Kick is not worth bothering with, Speed Cola is alright and Staminup is fine too.

Prioritize QR and Jug. That's what matters. If you run out of Thundergun ammo, you can also shoot at the monkeys to get their attention and try to lead all of them out to a trap.