~Original Four in MotD~ In-game quotes and evidence!

(sorry if the OP seems incomplete. I changed the thread title to encompass all of the ensuing conversation, not just the OP.)

I heard a member on this site (can't remember who. Declare yourself!) claiming to have heard a character in mob of the dead mention Nikolai. This made no sense, so I did a little digging, and found this clip.

rbeOlHSVJKE

The character in MotD (not sure which) clearly says the phrase...

"Nikolai, Nikolai, Nikolai, Nikolai! Why do I keep hearing that name?"

I don't even know where to begin with this. Does he mean he is hearing it in his head? I'm not sure.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he hears the voices that would explain how he has knowledge of the Pack a Punch and the perks seeing as they're from the future :P

Has anyone else heard what sounds like Tank's voice in the Infirmary right inside that door with the Uzi on the wall? I thought I heard it a couple of times down by where you have to grab the plane part after you put in the combination as well.

What I believe is that right now is that while these characters are fighting these zombies, The "Rift" is being broken, were in another weird time dimension were zombies are

basically were all in "Hell" literally.

1 thing is I found a Giant hole like the one in tranzit right smack dab in the middle of the prison and it looks like stuff has been "Sucked" into it like a wormhole.

While our characters are stuck here in hell the O4 are fighting zombies up above and every time they Time Travel the rift opens up bigger and is colliding with this dimension, that's why the perks are so messed up and keep fading in and out.

It kind of messes up your brain, I might be wrong but that is what I believe

these characters are all stuck here.

But this is just theory.

• Administrators

Could this really be the same Nikolai? I couldn't imagine it was, I mean how would he get into someone's head? He was in politics at this time, so I don't know. A quick search yielded nothing relating the name to Satan, the Devil, or demons of any sort, so perhaps it is.

Looks like Al is very important to the story, more important than ANYONE thinks. He hears voices, Nikolai being one, he knows all about the perks and pack-a-punch, and there are theories he created the zombies. Looks like he's our Richtofen/Samuel of this group. I really hope they bring this crew back!

What I believe is that right now is that while these characters are fighting these zombies, The "Rift" is being broken, were in another weird time dimension were zombies are

basically were all in "Hell" literally.

1 thing is I found a Giant hole like the one in tranzit right smack dab in the middle of the prison and it looks like stuff has been "Sucked" into it like a wormhole.

While our characters are stuck here in hell the O4 are fighting zombies up above and every time they Time Travel the rift opens up bigger and is colliding with this dimension, that's why the perks are so messed up and keep fading in and out.

It kind of messes up your brain, I might be wrong but that is what I believe

these characters are all stuck here.

But this is just theory.

This makes a lot of sense, actually. What does everyone make of the intro cutscene? Specifically, the part where the prison suddenly seems to completely transform, with all the barbed wire and hanging bodies appearing out of nowhere when the first zombie is revealed? Is this the moment the 4 characters realize they're not in the "real" world, perhaps?

• Administrators

Is it a coincedence that the song pieces appear to be vodka bottles?

My friend also thinks he heard Richtofen saying "What a beautiful boom!" or something along those lines after throwing a grenade in the starting room.

I thought those were beer bottles. Kind of a double correlation to how it would make sense since beer bottles work perfect for a Johnny Cash song.

Is it a coincedence that the song pieces appear to be vodka bottles?

My friend also thinks he heard Richtofen saying "What a beautiful boom!" or something along those lines after throwing a grenade in the starting room.

I thought those were beer bottles. Kind of a double correlation to how it would make sense since beer bottles work perfect for a Johnny Cash song.

Also, remember that we are playing as "prohibition era gangsters." ;) These beer bottles could be a rarity, and appear out of place in Alcatraz at the time (like the teddy bears in other maps).

Does nobody remember my old theory about the O4 utilizing Moon's technology to contact the new crew like maxis does? I assumed if it was true it would be a major Easter egg. However if these reports above are true, it could still be correct, but implied more subtly. One thing is that if richtofen's voice is being heard in its original non-aetherial state, that would mean the MotD dimension is converging with the real world at a point on the timeline before richtofen came into power. Or maybe the rift is just so messed up it mixes the timeline up completely.

"from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, time is like a big bowl of wibbly wobbly timey wimey... Stuff."

I love this thread. The theories, the excitement of discovery and the new advancements in story line. This is what it's all about.

I'm not a big researcher but I had the thought of google searching Nikolai and prohibition era politicians. Although not a politician from that era I did get a hit on this link which talks about a writer named Nikolai Gogol. A few key words I picked up through a quick scan was "purgatory" and "the devil."

Now I'm obviously way out of my league here and this could be bullshit but maybe one of his novels like "dead souls" holds some clues to help you guys out?

I'm not much of a theorist myself but I'm excited to watch you guys going through the motions of discovery and can't wait to see the final product eventually.

p.s. oh did I mention he was buried alive?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Gogol

Good luck!

Anyone remember how 3arc told charlieINTEL that the O4 would return in some way? Well, now we have the choice with the Easter Egg to kill the guy that mentions the O4, or keep him alive.

I say keep him alive, even if it means the choices made means the devil wins at the end of the story.

I love this thread. The theories, the excitement of discovery and the new advancements in story line. This is what it's all about.

I'm not a big researcher but I had the thought of google searching Nikolai and prohibition era politicians. Although not a politician from that era I did get a hit on this link which talks about a writer named Nikolai Gogol. A few key words I picked up through a quick scan was "purgatory" and "the devil."

Now I'm obviously way out of my league here and this could be bullshit but maybe one of his novels like "dead souls" holds some clues to help you guys out?

I'm not much of a theorist myself but I'm excited to watch you guys going through the motions of discovery and can't wait to see the final product eventually.

Good luck!

My first impress that the Nikolai he referred to was our favorite drink Russian wife-killer, but it's nice to see someone thinking outside the box!

Don't doubt yourself so much! If someone like MC Escher can be a significant figure to zombies, I don't see why not. Also there is "The Power of the Coming People" which provides evidence towards the Vril-Ya, so a book could very easily hold clues.

Also one thing to mention is that in Syndicate's first mob of the dead gameplay of his very first game of MotD, he runs past the Uzi then turns and opens fire on some zombies. The sound of gunfire drowns out the actual quote, but synildicate says something like "What's that? Did I hit a radio?" because a human voice apart from the character's is clearly heard. This is the same voice that people claim belongs to Dempsey. I can't confirm that it's Tank's voice, but I can confirm that there is a voice there for sure.

I don't know about the alleged richtofen quote someone mentioned. We should look into these both, and keep our ears open for the missing warrior Takeo!

Good luck!

My first impress that the Nikolai he referred to was our favorite drink Russian wife-killer, but it's nice to see someone thinking outside the box!

Don't doubt yourself so much! If someone like MC Escher can be a significant figure to zombies, I don't see why not. Also there is "The Power of the Coming People" which provides evidence towards the Vril-Ya, so a book could very easily hold clues.

Also one thing to mention is that in Syndicate's first mob of the dead gameplay of his very first game of MotD, he runs past the Uzi then turns and opens fire on some zombies. The sound of gunfire drowns out the actual quote, but synildicate says something like "What's that? Did I hit a radio?" because a human voice apart from the character's is clearly heard. This is the same voice that people claim belongs to Dempsey. I can't confirm that it's Tank's voice, but I can confirm that there is a voice there for sure.

I don't know about the alleged richtofen quote someone mentioned. We should look into these both, and keep our ears open for the missing warrior Takeo!

which Uzi was he shooting around? there's 3 lol

I love this thread. The theories, the excitement of discovery and the new advancements in story line.  This is what it's all about.

I'm not a big researcher but I had the thought of google searching Nikolai and prohibition era politicians.  Although not a politician from that era I did get a hit on this link which talks about a writer named Nikolai Gogol. A few key words I picked up through a quick scan was "purgatory" and "the devil." 

Good luck!

which Uzi was he shooting around? there's 3 lol

Sorry I've never actually played the map. I assumed there was just one. 

It's near-ish Deadshot, and a dog head is on the wall near it, and umm... There is, like, a bathtub, and... Umm I don't really know how to describe its location.  :mrgreen: 

I'm pretty sure it's in this part of the series.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1oWgRb_A5Q8

Skip to about 6:50. It's a little bit before he gets the Max Ammo. 

well its kind of funny because in my earlier post I said I thought I've heard Tank on several occasions and I still do, it happens when I go through that hallway that the portal to the roof is in. So right close to that spot where he's hearing the radio in that vid

Yeah what he thinks is a radio that he hears there is probably just this voice you say is tank's. If you can record it that would be great. If anyone else can try and trigger the voice in that area and record it that would be great. I would but you know, PS3 :mrgreen:

I'm interested In the 1 person here who mentioned soneone hearing richtofen. The quote that person described reminds me of "watch them all explode so beautifully!" which is am actual existing quote from richtofen on Kino I think. It is triggered by explosives. If we can confirm the stank quote and find out what quote it is, we could find a pattern.

I should also mention that if the timeline is mixed up, like, literally mixed up, the following is not necessarily true:

If the rift in the 30s is forcing that time to converge with a single point on the timeline, it would have to be from either shangri-la or moon, Since the O4 and deadshot are being tossed through the rift. But here's my crazy idea.

The rift formed in MotD is tangential to Moon. Richtofen wants to mend the rift becase it could allow the mobsters to go through it and reach the Moon and help prevent richtofen from gaining power. The point at which the rift intersects the timeline during the events of Moon would have to be before the completion of the easter egg due to richtofen's non-aetherial voice.

So the rift accidentally drags stuff from moon through to Alcatraz. However richtofen wants to mend it because he is frightened about what might come back through on his end.

Actually when I heard about Nikolai being mentioned by Al I thought that it could also possibly be Richtofen. In the past we know Richtofen is quite fond of Nikolai and he does have the habit of being in people's minds (Stuhlinger). I guess the only hole in this theory is why he would say Nikolai name to Al.

This makes a lot of sense, actually. What does everyone make of the intro cutscene? Specifically, the part where the prison suddenly seems to completely transform, with all the barbed wire and hanging bodies appearing out of nowhere when the first zombie is revealed? Is this the moment the 4 characters realize they're not in the "real" world, perhaps?

"Are we all blinded by fear" - Where are we going