TranZit vs. Nuketown vs. Die Rise

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Die Rise Tranzit, nuketown. It isn't a fair comparison because I only got nuketown a few days before die rise and haven't quit playing die rise since it came out besides one day where I went back and did maxis tower of babble. I would go as far to say that die rise is better than any other map out there. I might be pushing it but if they made it when you got all the perks after the easter egg I would say its the number 1 map.

Die Rise>Nuketown>>>Tranzit

I just do not like Tranzit. I have tried it plenty of times, and just don't like it. Nuketown feels like classic zombies for the most part, and I love the extra box weapons, but jugg spawning on round 20 is a pain.

Die Rise is very uniqe, fun, introduced a great perk, as well as the sliquifier. However, I still hate the fact elevators are the only way up from the trample steam room or on to the roof, unless you're clever with the trample steam. However, Moon, CotD, and Ascension still remain the best in my opinion.

Tranzit > Die Rise > Nuketown

:shock: bang. Why TranZit? Well it's just chill. I hate it, I hate to get set up. But once done, I just do my crap with farm gate closed, M&S + Ray, round 30, 1.5 minutes. Awesome. At 50 I end the game and am happy.

Die Rise, meh, getting killed in Who's Who, game over, great story. Getting revived, dying 20 more times cause Jug elevator is nowhere. Falling down. Falling down again. And one more time. And again. Running in some trample, falling down again. Maybe 2-3 more times, and then dying another 20 times cause Jug elevator is nowhere. Die again cause you waited in a risky spot for Double tap. Again 20 downs for Jug, finally can get Double Tap. Team wants free 6th perk while I get a free 3rd perk - just the one I never ever wanted to obtain a buyable perk slot. OK. Have to jump back to steam workbench, elevator not there, can't go away, trying to jump to escher, too late, looking for jug again next round.

Am set up, awesome guns. AN 94, Galil, Fal. Oh wait, no safe looping spot is flat, so I can forget my headshots. OK, let's use the guns that do not need a flat ground, Ray, M&S, Sliquifier. How funny, doesn't even let me use the cool guns in that map.

Well, in the public game, over there some dude shooting an ascending point, not letting the zombies come to him. Challenge, eh? Running past by. Jumping over to the other building, aww, just got hit before the jump, fell down.

Well, next game, R6, buying jug. It's in the lone corner. So, basically no Jug before R8, cause I have to open like 20 doors. Cool, my plan is destroyed, game over in 7.

OK, I was way too hard here. I think I'm just mad right now cause I had some downs cause of falling down and Jug elevator not being there ;) Maybe ask me in some weeks again.

Tranzit > Die Rise > Nuketown

:shock: bang. Why TranZit? Well it's just chill. I hate it, I hate to get set up. But once done, I just do my crap with farm gate closed, M&S + Ray, round 30, 1.5 minutes. Awesome. At 50 I end the game and am happy.

Die Rise, meh, getting killed in Who's Who, game over, great story. Getting revived, dying 20 more times cause Jug elevator is nowhere. Falling down. Falling down again. And one more time. And again. Running in some trample, falling down again. Maybe 2-3 more times, and then dying another 20 times cause Jug elevator is nowhere. Die again cause you waited in a risky spot for Double tap. Again 20 downs for Jug, finally can get Double Tap. Team wants free 6th perk while I get a free 3rd perk - just the one I never ever wanted to obtain a buyable perk slot. OK. Have to jump back to steam workbench, elevator not there, can't go away, trying to jump to escher, too late, looking for jug again next round.

Am set up, awesome guns. AN 94, Galil, Fal. Oh wait, no safe looping spot is flat, so I can forget my headshots. OK, let's use the guns that do not need a flat ground, Ray, M&S, Sliquifier. How funny, doesn't even let me use the cool guns in that map.

Well, in the public game, over there some dude shooting an ascending point, not letting the zombies come to him. Challenge, eh? Running past by. Jumping over to the other building, aww, just got hit before the jump, fell down.

Well, next game, R6, buying jug. It's in the lone corner. So, basically no Jug before R8, cause I have to open like 20 doors. Cool, my plan is destroyed, game over in 7.

OK, I was way too hard here. I think I'm just mad right now cause I had some downs cause of falling down and Jug elevator not being there ;) Maybe ask me in some weeks again.

:lol::lol: :lol:

Die Rise is one of the top zombie maps across the entire franchise, so by default, its my favourite Black Ops 2 map so far. But I really do like Nuketown too, I love how the perk machines spawn at random rounds and areas, it makes every game a truely different experience everytime.

die rise - nuketown - tranzit

die rise - tbh i dident fink i wud enjoy this map, but after playing a few games im now addict! fun map to play

nuketown - reminds me alot of black ops 1 maps, were its more about skill not stratergy

tranzit - still a great map, but isent a map u wanna play over and over again

NT > GR > DR

Nuketown is first, for me, because it's classic survival that works. Small map, couple tricky looping areas, takes talent to survive and you also must be wise with how you spend your points.

Green Run is second because of two big reasons: Refrigerator and Bank. The size of the map is great because your team can split up and comfortably loop/train in their favorite area. If everyone has points in the bank and/or a gun in fridge, then we can be setup and ready to go very early in the rounds and from there it's just, do your thing. Makes it nice and easy to slaughter.

Die Rise is last on my list of BO:2 because it's more like survival, but without the benefits. Sure the TS is great, but the perks in the elevators means waiting, the different floors means waiting to travel, and no bank/fridge means I have to start from scratch every game. To me, it's like Green Run without the advantage of being set up early on. Too much can go wrong.

I love TranZit! The theme and old horror movie feel to it, together with all the secrets really makes this one stands out from the others for me. Die Rise actually felt as a big step back if you ask me. Traveling with the elevators in a somewhat boring office bluiding just isn't that interesting. The only part I love in Die Rise is the roof with the spire.

Nuketown and Tranzit both suck in my opinion, Die Rise is a brilliant map.

Who's who is an amazing perk, both solo and coop especially when you get it into your head to start the monkey process anytime before you're down. I haven't not revived myself since working this out.

• Administrators

I agree with Chopper on this one, to a certain extent. I wouldn't say that Tranzit "sucked" but more that it brought new elements to the table which made the game too easy in my eyes. Having a bank and fridge is great if you're a round whore, but it just removes the survival aspect of the game entirely.

I haven't played Nuketown Zombies yet, but it looks very nice and keeps its survival method in check. One of my favorite Multiplayer maps in an annihilated appearance, teeming with zombies? Count me in.

Die Rise set the record straight for the hope of Black Ops II. A very beautiful and sophisticated mode while retaining the survival aspect of zombies in addition to a new perk and Wonder Weapon/buildable. The vertical layout makes navigating a bit harder until you find alternate routes to getting to your destination. The weapon choices are absolutely beautiful; nothing is overpowered, yet the guns aren't extremely nerfed (disregarding the Sliquifier). How could you not love this? People are getting so antsy with the elevator mechanisms and not having a bank/fridge anymore. Wake up, friendos - we're back to our old school Survival maps. Treyarch delivered a fantastic map and mode. I can't say too much about the Side Quest, but hey - I didn't mind accomplishing it.