Quick Revive question

Dahniska

Hey everyone.

So, in Solo, you can buy up to three Quick Revives, right? Well I was wondering - does anyone know if you can get Quick Revives from the jumper zombie rounds, after the Quick Revive machine is gone? If you could, that would help a bit to lengthen the game.

Does anyone know?

Edit: I was thinking some more, and I guess that if you get Quick revive from the jumper Zombies, it won't count as if you bought it, so you could get more that way too, before you even bought your Quick Revive the first time?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Yes, you can obtain Quick Revive even if the perk machine is gone. Receiving free perks do not count as actually purchasing them from the perk machines. This is why completing the High Maintenance Achievement or Jumping Jack round will not count towards the Shafted Achievement (purchase every perk and Pack-a-Punch a weapon).

Unlimited Quick Revive for everyone!

Yes, you can obtain Quick Revive even if the perk machine is gone. Receiving free perks do not count as actually purchasing them from the perk machines. This is why completing the High Maintenance Achievement or Jumping Jack round will not count towards the Shafted Achievement (purchase every perk and Pack-a-Punch a weapon).

Unlimited Quick Revive for everyone!

Thanks for confirming that. I think I'll try to keep that in mind, as I avoid receiving free perks on solo as it is. Maybe I'll start getting them if I run out of Quick Revives.

I'm sure syndicate de-bunked this theory by getting quick revive as a free perk from the JJ's and going down and seeing how many more quick revives he could buy and getting it as a free perk counted as 1 of the 3 you're allowed. Unfortunately I can't check this as I'm at work but I'm sure I saw this in one of his videos

I'm sure syndicate de-bunked this theory by getting quick revive as a free perk from the JJ's and going down and seeing how many more quick revives he could buy and getting it as a free perk counted as 1 of the 3 you're allowed. Unfortunately I can't check this as I'm at work but I'm sure I saw this in one of his videos

Yes, this is true, if the perk machine is till there and you get the free perk it counts as one of three revies...

Didn't need a guy like that to debunk this theory. Why would they let you get unlimited quick revive? It didn't do that before and certainly wouldn't do this now. That would mean we'd just need to combine it with Who's Who all the time, run away from where you died and still get all your perks and weapons back.

Not happening, doods.

Don't trust a moron like Syndicate to try and debunk something. Surely a better way of doing it would be to buy the perk three times, then try getting it off the Jumping Jacks.

Don't trust a moron like Syndicate to try and debunk something. Surely a better way of doing it would be to buy the perk three times, then try getting it off the Jumping Jacks.

Syndicate is not a moron, he debunked it,simple... if you want more revies get who's who.

Quick Revive answer: Don't get it.

If anyone is trying to rank up their zombie emblem, Quick Revive is slowing you down. You'll become a better player without QR, and its justs adding to your downs each game.

I even stopped using the galvaknuckles on the crawlers so i wouldnt get a QR by chance after i had Jug, Spd, Dt, and Mule.

Quick Revive answer: Don't get it.

If anyone is trying to rank up their zombie emblem, Quick Revive is slowing you down. You'll become a better player without QR, and its justs adding to your downs each game.

I even stopped using the galvaknuckles on the crawlers so i wouldnt get a QR by chance after i had Jug, Spd, Dt, and Mule.

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you there. Once you reach round 30 and finally go down, Quick Revive is worth it so that you can get to a real high round. Getting 300 kills later on in the game is much easier to do than to get them by starting over. If I am worried about going down early in the game I'll just hold off on filling my 4 perks until I've reached a point where I feel I've made enough progress to deserve getting it.

i'd like to come back to this thread and let everyone know for sure.

if you use your 3 bought quick revives in a solo match on die rise, you can in fact get another quick revive as your free perk from the jumping jacks.

i went to round 26 last night, i spent my 3 bought QR's early getting setup, i had bought my 3rd and i got the sounds and the elevator closed just like it is supposed to. on round 25 was a jumping jack round and i use my trample to kill them all and when i got my free perk is was in fact quick revive and it did work, i went down on 26 and got back up just like normal...ran around for a bit and tried to survive but was swarmed by the zombehs in the dragon room below the SVU

I thank you but what I said, and what someone is quoting syndicate as saying are 2 different scenarios or methods of testing.

Syndicate got a QR early from a JJ round then found he could only buy QR 2 more times. So therefore if you don't buy up your QR and get one for free that still counts as one before the machine disappears. This may be true, I did not test this way.

What I am saying, for sure is. If you hit your 3 QR limit in solo and the machine disappears as usual, you for sure can get another free QR from a JJ round and use more then 3 in a match. I used 4 last night in one match.

ETA: to expand on this with some strategy, since QR is only 500 on solo, it is best to buy it early and have it on you in case 1)you need it cause you went down, and 2) you dont get it as your free perk, you get a more expensive perk for free.

once you hit your limit of 3 though, there is a chance you will get it for free on a jj round again though.

some people see more value in who's who, i hated WW at first, i thought it was useless as everytime i went into ghost mode i was swarmed and went down, i figured out last night how to use it right though and it's pretty decent. i run the dragon room and if you go down there it spawns your ghost at the base of the escalator down the hall (below the svu). so when you spawn RUN LIKE HELL, and train up your zombehs, through the pdw area if needed, then get into a sprint back to yourself and revive, it works well.

QR is still the only guaranteed save though.

i would say unlimited.

easy way to test for the pros that go high rounds

buy QR at the start and down yourself until you are out of buys and the machine goes away

work your points up fast and buy your 4 other perks, get the jj round and get your 5th perk, could be QR or whatever other perk you dont have.

this gives you 5 perks, if you get a jj round it would force the game to give you QR. now with all 6, you have QR and WW so go down and have your ghost outlive your body, IIRC this would take WW and QR away and restore your other perks, so next 2 boss rounds you would be forced to be given QR again.

not an easy way to test, but the best way probably.

but really if it gives it to your once, i think it will give it to you as many times and it wishes.

Yea I tested this in 2 separate games and I got QR as my 5th perk right away. I don't know if its safe to assume that game will give unlimited QR's from Boss rounds. If someone has the patience to earn QR 4 more times in same game after machine left I will be convinced. :) Or once the game is released on pc someone can just test this using cheats. Afterall this is the first ever zombie map where we can earn Quick revives from Bosses after machine leaves. Killing George in COTD after machine leaves does not give you QR from perk drop. Neither does Shangri La monkeys.

Syndicate is not a moron, he debunked it,simple... if you want more revies get who's who.

In the scientific community, you have to be qualified enough to successfully disprove a theory.

In the Zombies community, you have to have at least half a brain to successfully disprove a theory.

Only when you meet these qualifications will anything you say be taken seriously.

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you there. Once you reach round 30 and finally go down, Quick Revive is worth it so that you can get to a real high round. Getting 300 kills later on in the game is much easier to do than to get them by starting over. If I am worried about going down early in the game I'll just hold off on filling my 4 perks until I've reached a point where I feel I've made enough progress to deserve getting it.

I've been thinking about what you suggested...

...So I hope everyone realizes that when you buy QR three times in one game, you are taking away 900 kills towards your emblem rank. (Thought I'd point that out for those trying to get a better emblem)

I've been thinking about what you suggested...

...So I hope everyone realizes that when you buy QR three times in one game, you are taking away 900 kills towards your emblem rank. (Thought I'd point that out for those trying to get a better emblem)

Is that sarcasm? It's very subtle.

The only way quick revive could 'slow you down' is if you lack the skill to get back your perks and instantly go down after being revived.

Okay guys, I just tested this and noticed a few things. Here's how it went.

I downed myself after buying quick revive until the machine was used up. Contrary to what lot of people have said, the perk machine DOES disappear, I saw it float up and vanish, THEN the doors of the elevator closed.

I downed myself another time at the start of the boss round so I wouldn't have quick revive any more. And when I grabbed the perk bottle drop, I ACTUALLY got quick revive, even though the machine was gone and I had used it three times already.

When I tried to go for jug later, I got trapped and went down. I noticed something odd: When I was down, the usual "Riving [gamertag here]" text did not show up. I thought that maybe I was going to be stuck like this, but eventually, I was revived. It DID however, take about twice as long as it usually takes to be revived with quick revive.

So, it's myth confirmed. If you don't believe me, check my recent Die Rise game in theater and watch for yourself.

I still wonder though, if there is not just a limit on buying the perk, but also obtaining the perk from the jumping jacks. Who knows? Someone test this...