Die Rise... Instant Classic?

OMGItsPatricio

Ok so die rise has been out for a good 4 days and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. The map is everything I could've wished for and more. It's challenging but gives you all the tools to do well. The sliquifier makes the jet gun look like a retarded fish frog and the overall map is definitely innovative. This is like the new der riese. Every negative aspect in green run has been improved upon and we can finally say we have the good things of green run (buildables, modern weapons, persistent upgrades) and the good things from classic zombies. The map is nearly perfect... Nearly.

Now my top complaint is the actual easter egg, it's lack of a solo ee and its reward.

The Easter egg is not the easiest; it took 3 days to figure out and is definitely beats green run's in terms of difficulty. Now after going through the entir Easter egg what do we get? All perks (which are already insanely easy to get through the minion rounds) and they're not permanent. What happened to the cool wonder weapon rewards like in COtD? Or the permanent perks. The next thing is why has treyarch screwed over solo players so much with BLOPS 2. We haven't had a solo Easter egg since COtD (moon doesn't count as it isn't fully completable in solo). And it wouldn't be so hard for it to be incorporated into solo, just give the player more time to do the steps that require 4 players. Another thing they should fix is the fact that Who's Who overrides quick revive when in solo. If you fail with Who's Who I think your player instead of ending the game should revert to quick revive. Dying because of this on round 40 isn't the nicest of things to happen to you.

Other than these small details I find the map fresh and innovative. All the little things I though pre-release where going to make the map unplayable actually added a new layer of fun and completely complimented the maps other features. I love die rise, all I think is that 3Arc shouldn't forget that some people don't like playing co-op. if they help out solo players a little more with the aforementioned points, all future maps would appeal more to solo players.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Die Rise is a beautiful mode; Great Leap Forward in general is just an amazing map structure with a layout that's suitable for any form of slaying. Ever since the release, I've been studying the map inside out too much to the point where I fall in love with it every time I play it. To survive in this map is to be a true slayer.

The reward was far better than Tranzit's without a shadow of a doubt. And having a Solo Side Quest is really a privileged aspect of zombies; teamwork is better anyways. I think it'll be a map/mode to treasure for the zombie trilogy. It won't die out quickly because there's still so much to explore in it.

Die Rise is a beautiful mode; Great Leap Forward in general is just an amazing map structure with a layout that's suitable for any form of slaying. Ever since the release, I've been studying the map inside out too much to the point where I fall in love with it every time I play it. To survive in this map is to be a true slayer.

The reward was far better than Tranzit's without a shadow of a doubt. And having a Solo Side Quest is really a privileged aspect of zombies; teamwork is better anyways. I think it'll be a map/mode to treasure for the zombie trilogy. It won't die out quickly because there's still so much to explore in it.

The map is amazing. But I have to disagree with you on the Easter egg. Sure it's a Great Leap Forward (no pun intended) from TranZit in regards to the reward, I still don't think it justifies the egg's difficulty; unless the final Easter egg requires all Easter eggs to be completed, and is just amazing. That's what I'm hoping for.

Nice mini review Patricio, Precise, Informative, Straight to the point. :)

Here's my take (Briefly):

The Good

- Atmosphere/tension

- Aesthetically pleasing to the eye (there is some colour)

- Somewhat complex Easter Egg (certainly better than Tranzit)

- Tramplesteam adds a layer of fun (seriously, so my fun!)

- The solo opening cutscene (Even Spielberg would be amazed!)

- The sliquifier (makin' dem zombies dance)

- The Song (kevin sherwood you never cease to amaze)

The Bad

- Who's who (for me...it's meh)

- The reward for completing the EE (pretty lame)

- Where's the "upgradable wonder weaponry"? -__-

- Actually where is this wonder weaponry?

Blatantly the Goods outweigh the Cons, and really the Cons are pretty uch personal preference. Great job Treyarch!! :D

I am loving Die Rise as well. I just made it to round 28, and only went down because I was training in the Buddha room and fell off of the map. I love the addition of the new wall weapons.(And was actually only using those tonight. :D ) Right now, this is one of my all-time favorite zombie maps. Though, as stated by OP, I wish that you could complete the easter egg in solo.

Although the map is pretty damn good, I just don't see it being one of my "top" maps. Looking back, the World at War and Black Ops maps just seemed to have a more humble feel, in my opinion. They weren't too "over the top" and really weren't trying for that. The Black Ops II zombie maps, while good, just don't give me that same captivating feeling that I got when I first played Verruckt, or Der Riese, or Ascension.

Die Rise/Great Leap Forward is an excellent map, yes, but it lacks that charm that other maps gave me. There's just something about it that seems off.

It's a fantastic map no doubt, but I'm worried that by the end of the month everyone will be sick of it and no longer like it, me included. When Green Run arrived I found myself saying "this is the greatest map of ALL time!" but that was truly due to hype, and now find Green Run to be a map I simply cannot stand. I'm fearful when Map Pack 2 roles in everyone will be saying "this map totally trumps Die Rise, it was such a negative map!"

But then again, Green Run truly was bad (in my opinion of course) and I hope Die Rise will continue to be a praised map, because as of now, if triumphs Tranzit in every which way.

Just remember us PS3 and PC players do not have it yet. It looks like a great map, surely it will be one of my favourites. So I doubt it will lose its charm, at least to us. But I don't think you guys will tire of it. I imagine it will be the Ascension of Black Ops 2.

Hopefully more modes are added in the future. Remove the buildables, and you already have multiple Survival maps. Grief would also be great here, as long as it's in sections like Survival.

Prior to Die Rise my favorite was Ascension. Free perks from the monkeys. Dark hole in your pocket. Ray/Thunder gun. Two great train spots...just a great map. Second favorite by a close margin was Verruckt. The one map that could still truly elevate my heartrate and wasn't just a game of how many tight circles can I run/eliminate until I finally mess up. It was truly survival. What kept it from being my favorite: not enough to explore, no pack a punch, lame wunder weapon (never liked the winter's howl), not exactly aesthetically pleasing.

Play Die Rise. Verruckt, but bigger, better, prettier. I'm in love with this map, and it only being the first DLC makes me even more excited to see what's coming next. There's just so much to love on this map. But finally I have a map that can genuinely scare me at times. The moving perks and tight spaces really add a challenge to it all. Easily better than Green Run. Although Green Run wasn't as bad as I make it sound. The only problem with Tranzit as a concept was that it was taxing to play. Getting around the map is way too much of a chore and all the necessary items are spread across the map and the teleporting is far too random.

I'd rank em like

Great Leap Forward

Ascension

Veruckkt

Nuketown Zombies

Moon

Kino

Green Run

Der Riese

Call of the Dead

Shi No Numa

Five

Nacht Der Untoten

Dead Ops

Shangrila (always thought it was awful)

Definitely a great map, but the thing which bothers me the most is the fact you can fall of the map when you slide down to the first mystery-box location. I don't know if this is a glitch or a difficulty implemented to the game to make it impossible to get down there another time? Anyway it is a real pain in the ... if you ask me.

But it's a great map (not speaking about the glitches), due to the fact you actually have to play smart, and not blast everything away with 1 thundergun shot. This is what makes this map a really good map, not too OP in terms of wonderweapon (if you play smart with it, it can be OP, true), but also not OP in terms of open spaces to run.

And that's what makes it a decent to great map imo..

, IceStrik3

I friggin love this map, I loved the Green Run and Nuketown maps too and I feel like they've done an awesome job so far in BO2.

Although I don't think there has ever been an EE you could do solo plus that would make them kind of easy lol, part of what makes them challenging is having to coordinate everyone else while making sure they all stay alive.

As for reward I'm happy there actually is one for this map but I'm a little disappointed that you can achieve the same reward by killing Nova's without bullets. Its looks to me though that someone else called it with the reward progression and how each map later in the season will have a greater reward, also it seems the nav card has been revealed to be its own separate EE for certain now.

I don't know about instant classic, but it's definitely better than Tranzit. The main thing I hate is that once you jump down somewhere, you have to make a FULL circle around the map. I also don't like having to wait for elevators to get to certain parts of the map. Other than those, it's a pretty good map.

Amazingly wonderful map.

I noticed that in solo, because of qr being active, you can build the flinger right from start. For what it is worth.

Good: too much.

Bad: glitches. Sliquifier glitched. Both slides glitched (you can mostly avoid one, but the second is really bad). The 'tranzit' spawning glitch ends most of my games... If they can address these glitches rther than do the usual Treyfailmode (fix no zombie glitches), this will be even more fun than Tranzit.

If I had to pick my four favorite zombie maps they would be:

Moon-1st

Shangri-la-2nd

Der Reise-3rd

Die rise-4th

And Cotd 5th

I never liked Assension....

But you liked Moon?

I have never known anyone to like Moon before I joined this forum. It usually gets hated on.

I love them all, but Moon is probably far down my list. It was way too easy like Ascension, cotd, and kino, but the glitches and annoyance factor made it terrible for solo or ss with a subpar zombie slaying friend.

Each to their own! But we have so many choices between Bleak Oops an this game and WaW. Fun.