Is Die Rise really a tranZit map?

NZheadshot1

So it seems pretty obvious that Treyarch wouldn't just drop their most recent and biggest addition to zombies, tranZit. And so a lot of people are suggesting that our new mode of transportation will be a helicopter. Let's think about that. In green run we had a bus. A ground unit with boarded windows so that the zombies couldn't get in. How could this be pulled off with a helicopter? Furthermore, say you missed the bus. Oh well, looks like your walking right? How can you possibly walk from one rooftop to another? And finally, doesn't that mean that the majority of our locations will be rooftops? How boring is that...

I've tried explaining this, but I can't come up with anything that makes sense. They could add some sort of flying enemy to replace the denizens, but we still couldn't go from one building to another.

They could use an elevator as transportation, but then it could only take place in a single building, which we already know is incorrect.

The only logical thing I can come up with is that Die Rise will not be a tranZit map, which I am TOTALLY fine with, but some people probably will not be.

Any ideas on this?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ruthlessly pushed this opinion in the past but now I believe this is an appropriate place to voice it. I do not think it will be a TranZit map. I belive TranZit was an exclusive game mode to Green Run and I believe Die Rise will have it's exclusive game mode aswell. I think with each map they're gonna add something, in terms of gameplay, that we've never seen before in order to challenge us and make the maps more exciting and unique kinda like the TranZit did with the bus and split up map. However I have no clue how they plan on doing that in Die Rise but I'm hoping it's not another TranZit.

like mentioned above it will def have a tranzit mode but there will also be survival. no buildibles in survival and your either cdc or cia. i understand people dont like tranzit but treyarch never said they were scrapping it and the clue's are obvious tranzit will be there. wasnt it said they want both? tranzit as the new "campaign" and survival to keep the feel zombie players fell in love with.

like mentioned above it will def have a tranzit mode but there will also be survival. no buildibles in survival and your either cdc or cia. i understand people dont like tranzit but treyarch never said they were scrapping it and the clue's are obvious tranzit will be there. wasnt it said they want both? tranzit as the new "campaign" and survival to keep the feel zombie players fell in love with.

They also never once said that TranZit was the new campaign or that they weren't scrapping it. And if you would so kindly explain which "clues" suggest that Die Rise is a TranZit map? Since they are obvious.

I think either one of the two (if it is a helicopter):

1. There will be a walkway on the ground that the helicopter does follow, you can walk across this to the next building.

2. The buildings will be crashed together so you can walk between them, the helicopter only taking you a small place forward, but this small place forward is quicker than going down many stairs.

That's my opinion if it is a helicopter, but I can't wait and see!

I thought there was leaked gameplay?

You start on a rise in an otherwise foggy area and ride on a wagon (probably rickshaw) to the various areas, one of which is the city area...

I read it here somewhere, I thought. Maybe it was trollwork and I am in error...

I thought there was leaked gameplay?

You start on a rise in an otherwise foggy area and ride on a wagon (probably rickshaw) to the various areas, one of which is the city area...

I read it here somewhere, I thought. Maybe it was trollwork and I am in error...

Yeah, that was a terrible, terrible attempt at a troll. :lol:

Not surprised. My bad for retrolling then... Sorry.

It's deff a tranzit map because of the charecter from tranzit, buildables, the fact that you can see the power switch ...

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. By this logic,I can safely say that Die Rise (and Green Run for that matter) should not have a PaP machine because that is strictly survival mode. Same with the power switch honestly.

As for the helicopter, I'm glad that people are suggesting methods of 'walking' between areas, however, it still makes the helicopter a completely safe haven where no zombies can attack you. What would keep people from just riding the helicopter indefinitely? As long as that door is shut, you're pretty much invincible.

It's deff a tranzit map because of the charecter from tranzit, buildables, the fact that you can see the power switch ...

That statement is ridiculous. First of all, there is a power switch in almost every single zombie survival map, second the characters in call of the dead are different but that is a survival map and third, just because buildables are in tranzit it doesnt mean that they are restricted to that game mode.

Bad troll :ugeek:

That statement is ridiculous. First of all, there is a power switch in almost every single zombie survival map, second the characters in call of the dead are different but that is a survival map and third, just because buildables are in tranzit it doesnt mean that they are restricted to that game mode.

Bad troll :ugeek:

Although the reasoning was absurd to a certain degree, he is hardly a troll for voicing an opinion.

I have ruthlessly pushed this opinion in the past but now I believe this is an appropriate place to voice it. I do not think it will be a TranZit map. I belive TranZit was an exclusive game mode to Green Run and I believe Die Rise will have it's exclusive game mode aswell. I think with each map they're gonna add something, in terms of gameplay, that we've never seen before in order to challenge us and make the maps more exciting and unique kinda like the TranZit did with the bus and split up map. However I have no clue how they plan on doing that in Die Rise but I'm hoping it's not another TranZit.

Yeah, this guy gets it. I posted my thoughts about this in another thread, so instead of trying to explain it in another way let me quote that post;

We've been looking at Black Ops 2 Zombies all wrong, obviously. We've been thinking that maybe every map would follow the pattern of/be in TranZit mode... assuming that each new map would present us with a different type of vehicle to ride around. We thought "Big maps with something to ride around in/on" was going to be the concept of Black Ops II. We've been looking at things two-dimensionally, like "There's TranZit and there's Survival. Which will Die Rise be?" We were way off...

What we're looking at is each new DLC having a completely different gimmick of some sort. This gimmick seems to focus on how the map is laid out and how we traverse it. For TranZit, the gimmick was "Transportation"... a big location with a vehicle and multiple small areas to play in. Now, DLC 1 presents us with "Die Rise", and the gimmick here is quite obvious. "Verticality"... we've heard that word over and over again, almost beating us over the head with it. Well, that's because that's the gimmick (or concept) of the DLC 1 zombies map. It was probably the one word that the devs were told to focus on when designing the map.

I think looking at it like "The elevator is the vehicle this time" is missing the point. It seems that the idea for Black Ops II was actually "Let's take the mode to the next level. We'll make bigger and better maps than ever with more to do than there's ever been before... and we'll make each map have it's own concept, feeling like an entirely different kind of game. But, you know, with zombies."

From here we can theorize what the gimmick/concept/idea of future DLC maps will be. Zombie theorists? Any thoughts?

Apparently, the new form of transport is meant to be a western style/chinese style wagon, with T.E.D.D at the reigns.

*facepalm* I can't believe anyone ever bought that whole thing to begin with... much less are still buying it, even after we've seen the map is in skyscrapers and it was admitted to be a fake.

I think some people may be misinterpreting the whole 'TranZit' map thing. What they mean is TranZit was a large, open map with plenty of places to visit and a vehicle to use and get the players around faster and safer. What they mean is that Die Rise will NOT have these features, as evidenced by the trailers which appear to show it as a far more close-quarters map. So basically, TranZit was a one-off map and Die Rise likely will be too. They will add something brand new into Die Rise that's a game changer, much like TranZit was (well, still is).