What if Perks no longer need power?

Flammenwerfer

Hey guys, I've been thinking about this, and I just thought of something.

What if the Perk machines no longer need the power to be turned on? It may seem a little far-fetched to everyone (hell, it kinda does to me) but I wouldn't put this outside the realm of possibility. I mean, look at Solo Quick Revive. That's available without the power, even though Treyarch could have made it so. Maybe that's a bad example..

What do you all think?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think it is going to be evident that Perks will be available without the power. However, the balance comes in that which ones you can get will likely be limited in number and difficulty. However, on the other side, perspectively, the object for turning on the power will then be a much grander task. If the power still needs to be turned on, regardless of Perks, then that means that there are far greater things to be gotten with the power.

• Moderators

I think that will only be the case in Tranzit.

A lot of people think that the perk mashines will be scattered around that one big map.

So that means that you will have to play a certain amount of time until you get Juggernog (for example). The whole travel aspect will be the challenge in getting the perks.

For survival it will be the same way it has been in BO1 and WaW.

That's what I think.

Im pretty sure that the power will still be needed to turn on to get perks. But with the "buildables," i believe that you will be able to turn on a machine with an object like a battery or maybe even a generator. But hell, its not like I made the game so it could be possible that they dont need power for the perk machines anymore.

Yeah I'm thinking that there will be heaps of uses for that "Mobile Power" thing we got in 'Bus Drop #1'

I also think turning the power on won't be the same as all other previous maps. I think turning on the power will be through 'Wireless Energy?" and the start of the building process for the "Tower of Babble" Achievement.

Wireless Energy & the Mobile Power Device kind of go hand in hand. (hopefully you can get the gist of what I'm saying?)

To me looking at the achievement "Happy Hour": In TranZit, buy 2 different perks before turning on the power.

To me the fact that the name is happy hour and the image has two perk bottles and a bell:

Maybe we can go into the diner area & purchase perks from there before having to turn the power on, maybe from someone or maybe you can get them from the bar, sort of like "ORDER UP, one jug to go!".

I do like the idea of having to get buildables to jumpstart the machines.

Well, there seems to be massive lightning strikes happening in tranzit. Could it create power surges that power up the machines for a brief time period? Or with the speculated lightning zombie, maybe killing it next to a machine could power it up. Surely the battery pack is used to create a weapon.. or a device to powerup the machines. Not long now till we find out...

BlakeD

If the achievement/trophy is called Happy Hour, maybe that means it works like the bonfire sale. It could be that we have to perform some special task (or defeat a special zombie without it harming us or some other unique way). I think this actually works quite well with the electrical zombie theory. Maybe if we kill it around some generators or that power plant area, it temporarily activates power for the whole map.

Just a thought of mine anyway.

Also we gotta remember that some achievements are solo, some are co-op. While some are very easy and just playing will get you there the easter egg will involve some serious gameplay hours.

My opinion is that I don't think the map will be powered up the whole time and not all places simultaniously. this can simply be for solo tranzit and batteries are more available to pick up, making this a easy one?

This is NOT leaked info, this is my opinion...

I think that only quick revive and another new perk can be used before power...

This may be because

A: it is like quick revive on solo and it's effects are different in multiplayer, so it's cheep and power-less here,

B: The electro-boss I've heard so much about, Jk, can be used to power it maybe?

C: killing the boss gets you a perk drop

Or D:

You have to build the perk machine...

Using build-able items! I like the sound of that!

To what I said earlier. You can leave the Turbine by a Perk Machine. This is a good idea. For Example, you can get the Jugg earlier. As long as the Turbine is next to the Machine your perk works. You can leave the area and it will still run. Just remember the Turbine doesn't have a infinite life span. If the Perk Icon begins to blink or is faded, that means the Turbine blew.