The Most Difficult Spots to Train

In the game, there many a difficult place to train. Some are rather rewarding, others just show off skill. What are the places that you have found to be beneficial to learn how to run, even though they might be slightly difficult or even challenging to manage? Finally, what are the hardest trains you know of to run, from when the zombies start to spawn?

For the sake of this discussion, let's exclude No Man's Land, for the rewards are rather obvious.

Here's one that I love to run; it isn't extremely difficult but running it properly lands you with a place all to your own, with little chance to ever run into the demon known as George.

COTD- Semtex Train

The train here is rather tight, often times require judicious use of the screen shake or other dodging techniques. However, if run properly, it is extremely rewarding in terms of being alone to just run without George or the lighthouse. The MP40 can be used as well as unlimited semtexes for fun.

Ascension- Sickle Train

This train is hard, no doubt about it. It requires intense focus and actually depends on a bit of luck to get the right spawn. Every training technique you'll have ever heard of needs to be used here.

Let's hear it then- your views on the hardest train to run, as well as the hardest train to run that rewards!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, the most "difficult" yet beneficial area is the Pig Room in "Five".

I used to believe that going down in the 3rd floor during a Round was suicide until I found out about this strategy. Simply run a circle in the Pig Room. It is managable. Only occasionally will a surge block your path. And what do you do if that happens? You can cut through the tables; you can jump out a window; you can fire a bolt from your Awful Lawton. It is urged to only do this circle if you have the Awful Lawton. Oh, and I advise running it counterclockwise. You see your pathways better.

Ascension turret area is one of the most difficult 'easy' places to run. It should be simple, it's a nice shape but they way they spawn, from both the ground and either side makes it complex. Very very good practise on the 2 most important techniques for kiting, the cutback and circle.

I dont know if I would call it difficult, but I have often kited in the PM63 room on Kino :D People dont expect a man to be trying to run a group of 16+ zombies in that room. Sometimes though they spawn poorly and cut me off, so it can be annoying. Also the QR room in Der Riese I have done, I'm currently working on seeing if I can run a medium sized group on the balcony in the spawn room of Kino. It's a lot of trial and error. :lol:

That's probably my favorite on this thread thus far. Very useful.

The benefits of these circuits are simply to have additional places to run. Also, most of these spots are only difficult to run depending on how many spawns you are getting. 4 player games will give you occasional moments of high spawns, but it depends on teammate location and teammate downs. Let me know if any of you guys run these areas. I tried to limit the number of popular ones I often see pubs running.

1) Kino alleyway(medium difficulty at best) and mp40 room turret area; both without the thundergun because that gun makes any risky circuit safe.

2) Verruckt trench gun area. This map is difficult in general and having another spot for circuits is helpful. I prefer one person to run the thompson and myself to run the trench on this map. Unfortunately, no good rounds for me on this map yet.

3) SNN in the first section of storage; usually using the trench gun until later rounds.

4) DR. maybe the mp40 room? it's the most difficult spot on the map that I run. Especially if you are getting a lot of spawns or if you have teammates constantly going down.

5) Shangri running the bridge. I run this area with normal perks, then deadshot, upgraded pm63s, and M&S. Fun spot to learn to run and an additional circuit to the spawn, mpl, and ak74 areas. Plus, you get to use the pm63s PaPed!

I like to limit myself to just the MPK small area in Ascension, don't allow myself to go towards the pool, through that gate, or farther down towards the other window, I don't know why but I like to do that area just for the heck of it.

I also like to do the lander by the sickle as you already mentioned, those are the only two I know of that I have tried and done successfully though.

That's probably my favorite on this thread thus far. Very useful.

The benefits of these circuits are simply to have additional places to run. Also, most of these spots are only difficult to run depending on how many spawns you are getting. 4 player games will give you occasional moments of high spawns, but it depends on teammate location and teammate downs. Let me know if any of you guys run these areas. I tried to limit the number of popular ones I often see pubs running.

1) Kino alleyway(medium difficulty at best) and mp40 room turret area; both without the thundergun because that gun makes any risky circuit safe.

2) Verruckt trench gun area. This map is difficult in general and having another spot for circuits is helpful. I prefer one person to run the thompson and myself to run the trench on this map. Unfortunately, no good rounds for me on this map yet.

3) SNN in the first section of storage; usually using the trench gun until later rounds.

4) DR. maybe the mp40 room? it's the most difficult spot on the map that I run. Especially if you are getting a lot of spawns or if you have teammates constantly going down.

5) Shangri running the bridge. I run this area with normal perks, then deadshot, upgraded pm63s, and M&S. Fun spot to learn to run and an additional circuit to the spawn, mpl, and ak74 areas. Plus, you get to use the pm63s PaPed!

Lol thanks :)

I usually only use that circle when there are other people in the game. If I am by myself, I just run on the 2nd floor. No one comes down there, so I pretty much am left alone. (But in public matches, you never know. Time and time again people have shown that they will come to your circle going "How are you staying alive? Let me do it too!" and kill your circle.)

Shangri-La. Is that a good strategy? I'm still trying to find a good strategy for Shangri-La that will let me get into at least 30+.

The pig room on FIVE isn't really a difficult area in my eyes, just a simple circle and you have the option of either an easy cutback or going between the tables. There are also windows to jump out of for an escape route.

That said though, in co-op games on FIVE I usually just run the whole labs using the window-jumping strategy, you can always stick to a definite loop and the AK is en-route. Not to mention you can just keep shooting the nova 6 crawlers, takes less shots to kill them and their gas kills the zombies. You'll get less kills on the leaderboards by doing this of course, but I don't normally care about what's on the leaderboard unless I wanna look like a badass while playing with randoms.

I personally love the Bowie Knife area on Der Riese, it's a really small train to run and they're coming from all directions, but with good technique it's not too hard and gets them into a nice tight group, very useful if you're using the Wunderwaffe and M&S to take out groups.

Other than that, all my faves have already been mentioned.

Shangri-La. Is that a good strategy? I'm still trying to find a good strategy for Shangri-La that will let me get into at least 30+.

Thanks for the catch Dougie.

So, the bridge area on Shangri is a nice spot to run when you need an extra circuit. The PaPed pm63s can kill off horde pretty handily until round 30 so this strategy could work for you if you feel comfortable running that area. However, the best strategy I can recommend is difficult to pull off and requires a partner who can run trains very well. The strat entails that one person runs in the MPL area and the other runs in the AK74 room. One person needs the 31-79 Jgb and the other needs the Law (crossbow is handy also). So, each person rounds up their zombies and once all zombies are spawned in, the guy from the AK comes up to meet the person running the MPL, at the time where the MPL guy is making his pass by the tunnel entrance. From here, one person (doesn't matter who) will leave the horde and run up the hill, near the water spout, while the other guy gathers the zombies together closely. The person rounding up all of the zombies leads them up the hill, and whoever has the 31-79 (etc.) shrinks the zombies while the other person shoots the law killing every single zombie. You kill them off with the law to avoid grabbing powerups so you can bait the monkeys for max ammo (semtexs, M&S, or china lake also work).

Rinse and repeat this strategy and you can make it to 35 in an hour and a half like I did.

I would recommend either running a large circuit in the Comm area or a circuit in the open part of the Fishing Hut because those are the easiest places to train. If you get a feel for the Storage circuit I mentioned, however; you should be able to make 30 relatively easy. After that you might want to use a strategy with traps; like the flogger or just kill of the zombies by 10s with the waffe.

I think you misunderstood what he said, he said Shangri-la, not Shino Nu Ma.

For 2 players

Kino - Alley, First Room and MP40

Five - First room, war room

Ascension - Locations by both sentry guns

Shangri La - Power room, AK room

COTD - Location by stair case and Box (by MP5k)

Moon - Semtex

If these can be mastered they can be helpful to cut down the time taken to get to high rounds. Above locations are barely challenging with more than 2 players because of easy zombie distribution among players

My favorite is Alley, your get rewarded with no nova gas crawlers. It feels like you are in a different map altogether.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe a bit off topic.

Just played ascension with random. Was running MPL with spawn door closed. (Most common on ascension). At some point someone opened the spawn door so ran there instead. Find it more interesting than the MPL. There seemed to be more zombie spawns and if things get hot ran into MPL room by the steps shoot and circle back into spawn. Did not see any coming down the steps when in MPL and it felt easier and more rewarding than running MPL with door closed.

The hardest spot to train in my opinion is the AK room on Shang, between levels 20ish and 39.

By this I mean actually staying just in that room.

The kite itself is ok, but you have to know exactly where there are zombies coming from at all times, otherwise you will get caught somewhere.