Zetsubou No Shima Trailer Has Been Dropped - Analysis Included

15 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

The reason I have such disdain for it is because I saw somebody tell another person that this idea would never be implemented into the game. Then somebody basically said "They should at least have a nod to it in a map". At least? I thought that was a bit egotistical of a not very good idea that was being overhyped beyond belief.

The words don't even work together 

"Banana Colada" 

Bah-Nan-Ah 

C*oh-lah-dah

That alone pisses me off about the perk. At this point it's on par with those memes with the minions that have NOTHING TO DO WITH MINIONS.

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2015-06-22-at-3.36.10-PM.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Drop Works like the fuse for the Tram - this "plant" just Produce another Drop...

I actually cannot think of another Perk.... There Are so many (useless) that i never use because of the 4 Perks limitation....

But i hope for New weapon kits.... 

11 minutes ago, anonymous said:

At 0:45 you see a plant eating a zombie which is already dead, so this one looks more like a dragon/ceberus then a trap for me.

It seems to have only just died. The video has the zombie walking past the plant, then skips to where the zombie is on its back with it's limbs blown off. Strange that it contains such a cut, so they could be hiding a way to get the plants to feed on the zombies or perhaps the weapon that killed the zombie. Who knows. There really isn't much we can extrapolate from.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

It seems to have only just died. The video has the zombie walking past the plant, then skips to where the zombie is on its back with it's limbs blown off. Strange that it contains such a cut, so they could be hiding a way to get the plants to feed on the zombies or perhaps the weapon that killed the zombie. Who knows. There really isn't much we can extrapolate from.

The first scene we see a zombie walk next to the plant, then the cut, and then we see a dead zombie laying on the ground grabbed by the plant. We see indeed not how it is killed. It could be the plant, but how the zombie was laying, I immediately thought of it was shot down by a player

Nacht took place in Germany if I'm not mistaken, or somewhere else in England, unless they're pulling a lost on us. 

Another thing I noticed about the map is that UNLIKE der eisendrache, there doesn't appear to be anywhere wide enough to properly train... (obviously it can still be done by professionals, but to noobs) I hope this ends up to be a REALLY hard map so we can finally put that OP weaponry to good use. 

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

B17_zpsa6f2a774.png

Crashed B-17 in Nacht der Untoten.

There is also a crashing B-17 in Zensubou No Shima... Coincidence? I actually think so, but theorists, do whatever you wanna do with this.

I honestly don't think this will have much to do in terms of connecting other maps. It's really only an aircraft used during those wars and as such won't really hold any significance. The only thing that it would help with is confirmation on when the map takes place.

1 minute ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Nacht took place in Germany if I'm not mistaken, or somewhere else in England, unless they're pulling a lost on us. 

Another thing I noticed about the map is that UNLIKE der eisendrache, there doesn't appear to be anywhere wide enough to properly train... (obviously it can still be done by professionals, but to noobs) I hope this ends up to be a REALLY hard map so we can finally put that OP weaponry to good use. 

I hope it plays similar to Shangri La, just offering a little more space while keeping the narrow corridors. Although it is despised by many, I enjoyed SL and miss those maps with alot of choke points. Hopefully Blundell and his team don't rely on confined spaces to make the map creepy.

When I watched the trailer for Der Eisendrache, I was totally wrong on the training spots. The green room looked terrible and it's actually quite nice while the spot outside turned out to be way smaller than expected. 

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all works out. 

I've got some observations of my own to add to the discussion. EDIT: Images added

First one, in the shot of the mystery box at 0:47 when the player gets an Argus, you can see a crashed plane in the background.  The crashed plane is a Vought F4U Corsair:  
gB9VCjv.png
chancevoughtf4u_1.jpg

The Corsair is an American single-engine fighter plane that was used in the Pacific theatre during WW2; It was the first American fighter that could take on the Japanese Zero in dogfights and win, and was nicknamed the 'Whistling Death' for the sound its wings made (which hopefully will be included if there are air battles over the map).  You can tell that this is the plane from the wings being before the cockpit, and the tall but short canopy.  So what significance does this have?  This shows that the Americans must know about Division 9's base and their activities in this region, and there is definitely some aerial warfare going on over the island and there likely will be air battles ocurring over the map in-game.  Since the Corsair and all of the other Navy planes were carrier-based, it also shows that American forces are not far off.  

Another thing I'd just like to clear up is that the Bomber that we see is NOT a B-17 like the one that is crashed on Nacht der Untoten.  The plane in Zetsubou No Shima is without a doubt a B-29 Superfortress (the plane which dropped the nuclear bombs on Japan):
  b-29_superfortress_2.jpg

See the Bomber at 0:52 in the trailer for comparison.

7MgZDtf.png
Sorry guys, no Nacht connection.  Since the B-29 wasn't introduced until May 1944, this adds to the evidence that the map takes place in late WW2.

l6tUhy2.png
Also, just before the plane is shown in the trailer, at 0:51 when Richthofen is reloading is Gorgon, some strange installation can be seen in the background behind him, possible just an Anti-Air battery if the scaling/distance is weird from the angle of the shot but possibly something bigger.  Any ideas on what it could be?  The mystery box light can also be seen in the background on the other side of the rocks, which means this map must be absolutely enormous lol.

HljnXbj.png
And just one last thing, I kid you not that there is a pufferfish drop on this map.   Look at 1:13-1:14 where the player shoots the zombies with dual Marshal's, there is a blue Pufferfish drop.   

Edited by BlindBusDrivr
fixing grammar+adding pictures

I'm happy about the HG-40, Marshalls and MX grand as long as they're available to all playstation accounts, not just the one that downloaded the season pass (like the gobblegums and themes). I can see them releasing them as weapon kits, and then the game will tell me I can't use them because I "don't own the season pass".

19 minutes ago, ZombieSlayer1997 said:

I'm happy about the HG-40, Marshalls and MX grand as long as they're available to all playstation accounts, not just the one that downloaded the season pass (like the gobblegums and themes). I can see them releasing them as weapon kits, and then the game will tell me I can't use them because I "don't own the season pass".

I don't think that you should have a problem with accessing the weapons. They aren't DLC related. 

By that I mean it should be in the map straight up. Especially if they're wall weapons, you shouldn't have a problem. Unless Activision pull the blanket our from under us and make in that you will need to own them through the Supply Crates or something of the sort. 

9 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

I hope it plays similar to Shangri La, just offering a little more space while keeping the narrow corridors. Although it is despised by many, I enjoyed SL and miss those maps with alot of choke points. Hopefully Blundell and his team don't rely on confined spaces to make the map creepy.

I think there will be some really enclosed spots but also a bit of training area... We can see near the beginning of the trailer that we have what looks to be a ritual location, with plenty of space for running. I bet it won't be a ton of varied spots, but it really depends on the wonderweapon(s) for the map as to how we will be able to play it

4 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I still think that drop is a Durian. I don't know what EITHER of those drops would do though...

The spikes on a durian are a lot more dense though, that's why everyone probably thinks it's a pufferfish. To me it looks like a pufferfish turned into a grenade or something, like monkey bombs. If that's the case they might be something like sticky bombs, or maybe special grenades for underwater use. But we of course won't know for sure until the map actually comes out.

5 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

I don't think that you should have a problem with accessing the weapons. They aren't DLC related. 

By that I mean it should be in the map straight up. Especially if they're wall weapons, you shouldn't have a problem. Unless Activision pull the blanket our from under us and make in that you will need to own them through the Supply Crates or something of the sort. 

I still see this going down one of 3 ways: 

-Like gobble gum, you need DLC 2 to access the weapon kits, this also unlocks the weapons in the other 3 maps. Personally I'm leaning towards this one. 

-The weapons will be put in Monty's factory and earned over your career. Also allows for the weapons in other maps. 

-The weapons will be free-to-use to everyone. Less likely, but still possible, to see these weapons in other maps as well. 

Edit: 

Also, back to the Banana Colada conversation: 

Triggered: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/4eomsi/i_swear_to_god_treyarch/

• Administrators
13 hours ago, anonymous said:

The first scene we see a zombie walk next to the plant, then the cut, and then we see a dead zombie laying on the ground grabbed by the plant. We see indeed not how it is killed. It could be the plant, but how the zombie was laying, I immediately thought of it was shot down by a player

The zombie actually isn't dead when the plant picks it up, so that's worth noting.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, BlindBusDrivr said:

Sorry guys, no Nacht connection.  Since the B-29 wasn't introduced until May 1944, this adds to the evidence that the map takes place in late WW2.

No, I didnt thought it had to do something with Nacht too, however I was interested in any theories about this. Perhaps they could convince me to think this is the same plane. Great post anyway, and that powerup drop, looks organic to me, like Zombie Flesh in Grief mode. Or perhaps a temple idol or something like that.

4 hours ago, Tac said:

The zombie actually isn't dead when the plant picks it up, so that's worth noting.

It looks dead to me. But in the discription of ZSN there is spoken about new, deadly traps. It would be strange if they wouldnt involve it in the trailer, then, so I think you and @Doppelgänger are right: Its a trap

14 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

AND NIGHT OF THE DEAD: A suped up remake of Nact, jam-packed with all the horrors we've seen in BO3

It wouldn't make much sense having yet another remake of Nach Der Untoten. Yes they remade Der Riese into The Giant, but both times around the map had story to it. I say leave the legend be. It's an awesome map because it hasn't been changed much (apart from the weapons and Mule Kick in Black Ops 1).

EDIT: I added a section discussing these escape routes that you can use to escape across the map.

Basically the idea I had was that the second tunnel might teleport us away from a Pack a Punch room.

-------------

Also, what does everyone think about the Pack a Punch in this map? Do you think we will be seeing a Division 9 version of the machine?

I don't think we'll see a Div. 9 version of the machine no, We'v'e seen that thing change too much this game. In fact, we've yet to see the same PAP twice. Maybe they all come with different properties? Like the one on DE needs to be collected, the one on the giant works right off the bat, and the one in SOE requires a ritual to open. 

As for super-nacht: I'd actually really like to see that, just so we can have a map like it.