Black Ops 3 Achievements Revealed

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really happy to see DOA making a return, will be interesting to see how similar/different it is to the black ops version. If the widows wine perk works as the achievement suggests, should temporarily trap zombies or at least slow them down. Might be useful for revives, getting out of a tight spot. Slightly concerned that there are no achievements for The Giant, given the trailer I can't believe that there will be no easter egg but as The Giant isn't available in the base form of the game, maybe that's why they're missing? 

Edited by DaveLo07

Slightly concerned that there are no achievements for The Giant, given the trailer I can't believe that there will be no easter egg but as The Giant isn't available in the base form of the game, maybe that's why they're missing? 

It counts as a DLC map so those achievements (if there are any) won't be in this list but they'll show when you download the map

• Moderators

Could you guys put any discussion about the actual trophies in spoilers?

Only takes one click.

Now you might say: "Yeah, you goofer if you don't want anything spoiled just don't click on the topic!!!"

I would just like to discuss one other thing in regards to the apperance of the achievements/trophies though.

I remember the last time the Blops II achievements got leaked. Those were XBL achievements, but now we have trophies. 

Coincidence? I think not. Cause of the whole deal with Sony. 

What if Treyarch "leaks" them on purpose? Which would mean that they kinda have been officially released.

I think Strwrsbob said way back when this site's leak policy started to crumble that leaks are a "new way of releasing info". (Or something along those lines.)

What if... in all the years we have yelled at people for posting theories related to leaked info have been worthless? *sniff, sniff*

Just to be clear: I do not mean to be a party pooper, but do I have to be afraid of clicking on a zombies thread because it may contain spoilers starting today? :(

I think it is time for a new PSA: Put unofficial info in a spoiler tab.

What do you think, @GRILL ?

Remember that Call of Duty is a game with multiple developers and controllers. 

In an analogy, information is like people inside of a house. But that house has many doors. People who break out of the house through windows or unconventional means are leaks, however, those who walk out any of the regular doors are good. This is simply another door to the house opening. 

• Moderators

Remember that Call of Duty is a game with multiple developers and controllers. 

In an analogy, information is like people inside of a house. But that house has many doors. People who break out of the house through windows or unconventional means are leaks, however, those who walk out any of the regular doors are good. This is simply another door to the house opening. 

By that logic the VW scandal is "legit released" information as well.

Edit: As in VW themselves said: "Yeah we fucked up" But never got caught.

Edited by Lenne

I like that Dead Ops is back because it means more content for zombies that's more varied on disk, plus I believe it was a highly underrated map that people probably only tried it once or twice and didn't even give it a real chance. I know a couple of my friends did that, those who I dragged to the higher rounds changed their minds though because it's such crazy fun.

And I think this is technically a leak but I've always viewed trophies/achievements as fair because most of the time, they're pretty vague. Plus we always get to see the them before DLC comes out as they're physically updated into the game files before the DLC is even released. I still don't know what most of the zombie trophies even really mean, the only real spoilery one is the reveal of Dead Ops' return and the name of what I'm still going to call Cthulu. Beyond that is still only theories, and I could maybe guess that shit is going to blow up Michael Bay style in the campaign too.

Dead Ops Arcade was great... There is literally no reason to hate it

A fun bonus mode

Doesn't ruin the story

Small and doesn't take up much space on the disc

The time they wasted on that, could've been put towards a third proper map on release. I wouldnt mind it if we could play it first person as well, which apparently was planned from the PC BO1 files. It is the least played map on BO1, at least non DLC anyway. I always got confused which character i was controlling and ended up dying all the time and this just made it not fun at all.

they are on PSN that's how exophase got them I don't really see achievements as a leak unless they are being ripped from game files or something

and I don't see the problem with discussing leaks, as long as codz isn't the site leaking them people should be able to discuss them here if they want like every other website in the world but just be careful with spoilers, use tags

they are on PSN that's how exophase got them I don't really see achievements as a leak

and I don't see the problem with discussing leaks, as long as codz isn't the site leaking them people should be able to discuss them here if they want like every other website in the world but just be careful with spoilers, use tags

This.

Things were different back in 2010 when black ops 1 came out.  If we continue to just hold this zero tolerance policy toward any information that wasn't directly given by treyarch/activision, then people will just flock away from us and toward where they will find and be able to discuss the most up to date information on the games/maps

@Lenne I genuinly apologize if i posted anything you consider spoilers, I tried to use the spoiler tab but couldn't get it to work and I feel like a bit of a hypocrite having been extremely critical of the leaked PC files. However, I didn't think the achievements were leaked information, they were posted for every AW dlc and openly discussed by members. 

Whilst it is not for any one member to define what can and can't be discussed (myself included), I am still against anything being reported online being up for discussion. There was information in the leaked PC files that didn't really spoil much at all (perk jingles, round start sounds, etc) but there was also information that if openly discussed and dissected here could almost be seen as cheating or unfairly getting ahead of the game ( I'm not going to directly mention them) and things like unheard easter egg songs and audio qoutes which I feel are meant to be enjoyed during the 1st play through of the map. But it is a minefield as to what can or cannot be discussed. 

@Lenne our new rule of thumb is that if its on CharlieIntel or MP1st (Activision sanctioned sites) - then it's not a leak. Those sites are in direct correlation from Activison, and would not post something detrimental to the relationship.  So if you are ever in question, checkout CharlieIntel and see if they have an article detailing it.

Achievements come out early every year, this is nothing new.

DOA is a great time killer. It's a perfect game for if you only have a limited time and can't do high rounds. Plus it pleases the oldies (like me) who grew up playing top down shooters like Smash TV.

edit:

And our leak policy is not zero tolerance. The staff completely understands that companies use leaks and drip tactics for marketing, we are well aware it's a changed landscape and we are pro discussion.

Edited by GRILL