What headset do you use?

Hi guys.

So one of my main pleasures in life is headphones. I kinda collect them, but get bored and end up buying them for a different model/type/whatever.

The same habit has followed me with headsets. I've tried two now, firstly the Sony Pulses and secondly the Turtle Beach Px4s.

I love strong bass, so of the two I still think the pulses win, but there is a lot of neat features with the px4s ( for example you can answer a phonecall, ring a number).

My issue with the Pulses was that they're as frail as hell. I treated them like a small child but the plastic on the headband still cracked.

I'd love some input from the members of codz, what headset do you use, why do you like it?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually use Skull candy earphones for My ipod. They cost around 20 dollars each but when I go to marshals I find them for 7,99.  I use these because they give crystal clear sound. If I try another brand there is a 50% chance that it will have some weird echo or the sound will feel fuzzy. I only trust skullcandy

My headset for gaming is an earforce XLa that is Covered in tape, Rubber bands and popsicle sticks in order to keep it from falling apart. But they work pretty well despite all the fixes I've made

I actually got s a single-sided… red-ninja was it? Yeah whatever it is… And I like it a lot. Mainly because it fits into my wired controller so 0% chance of running out of battery. I use one sided because I am constantly interrupted by family, but it's usually just for simple explanations, duel sided ones are available. Works good, although I've only played about 20 games of origins with it. GOOD audio connectivity, lot better then those stupid afterglows.. AND for the same price. 

I used plantronics Rig. It was really great, but now I can't use them just because one cord got messed up so now the microphone doesn't work. It comes with a sweet audio mixer that lets you balance game sounds, in-game chat sounds, skype chat sounds, or music from your ipod. Very nice, high fives.

My Astro A40's serve me well. 

I had 3 Turtle Beaches but the first one's Xbox mic cord severed (didn't occur to me until NOW that I could just use a new one) and it was a special MW3 edition version of the XP500's I believe. (Ear Force Delta) which are currently on loan to my buddy so he can use a good headset.

I technically own another pair of P11's, but I gave them to my sister to use after much begging on her behalf.

I also had two Ear Force Sierra's, but I ended up returning them because if the power was cut before the button went off, the thing literally wouldn't be able to turn back on.

I then went for the A50's from Astro, which worked well for a long while until half an optical cord broke off inside the mix amp and I had to grab a new pair, which then had a chat cable malfunction, and I finally gave up on them.

I went for the A40's next, and that's where I'm at now.

Overall, spent about $650 on headsets (Ear Force Sierra through to the A40's came off one purchase with warranty exchanges) and barely regretted it.

Looking to pick up some Razer Krakens as a headset just for this house, so I don't have to move the headsets every time I go between my homes.

• 2 weeks later...

"Stupid" afterglow :)

can't say they are all that great, I usually just use them to listen to music while I play non zombie games, but the sound is good enough for me. The only problem is about 2 hours in, they just kill my ears so I can see why some people would dislike them, luckily they were a gift.

For zombies I just use a sony headset, with a single side headphone like SMM said. My sound is set up good in my room that I usually don't need headphones, 90% of the time it's just to have the mic and hear my friends better.

• Moderators

Turtle Beach P11

Bought them a year ago for like 70 bucks and I only regret it a little bit.

Probably because my expectaions were to high, since I basically wanted a constant UAV. (At least that's what I thought it would be after all the praise proper headsets got from so many youtubers.)

But oh well. It sounds nice and the mic works fine as well.

Would buy again... maybe for 50 euros. haha

I actually love my afterglow headset. Costs almost $100 but hey it glows blue and the microphone color changes to your setting! The internal battery also lasts a while (well, depending on your usage of course).

Sound quality is awesome, and I love the different sound modes and the fact it's universal, meaning you can use it with your iPod, comptuer, etc. Had it for almost two years.

41JFCRpmTKL._SX230_.jpg

Edited by DaPikmin
  • Tech Admin

Turtle beach XC1's - cost me £15 ($25) - sturdy, reliable and had them for over 3 years.

large_image_476x574_xc1_1.jpg

However, for listening to music and DJ'ing, the sound from Sennheiser HD600 headphones is superb, crystal crear, treble is crisp, the bass is "fat" - just superb. They are fairly expensive though at over £220 ($350)

square_louped_hd_600_01_sq_sennheiser.pn

• 2 weeks later...

I use the good ole Turtle Beach X40's had em for about 4 years now. Probably about time for an upgrade, but ill likely hold off until I upgrade to a next gen console as well :)

Lol using the same headset my neighbor went to jail and the landlord put his stuff outside so they were free but now they have a buzzing noise in them I am gonna get something EPIC for my xbox one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...