Black Ops 2 Patch (2/26/2014)

Got signed out about 5 minutes ago for my game to update. I've looked and haven't found what has been patched yet, so if anyone knows what was fixed, please post it here!

Hopefully Treyarch finally got around to fixing a lot of the glitches that still plague Zombies such as the Die Rise wall glitches, the fist/knife glitches in Origins, fire staff and more.

Edit: According to my sources, all that was added was "a number of security system enhancements".

Such a shame, could have fixed some stuff in our game, oh well.

Source: http://www.highmoon.com/thread/200843463

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly everything in the store is half price. At least it is on Xbox. 

Because BO2 still uses MS points and I have all maps, I dunno the price when you go to purchase the items. 

Season pass is 3200  (STILL?!?)

Nuketown Zombies is 200 

Revolution/Uprising/Vengeance/Apocalypse is 600 (600x4 = 2400) 

All personalization packs are now 80. Along with the Extra Slots pack& calling cards pack. (Around £0.72 in UK money) 

Nearly everything in the store is half price. At least it is on Xbox. 

Because BO2 still uses MS points and I have all maps, I dunno the price when you go to purchase the items. 

Season pass is 3200  (STILL?!?)

Nuketown Zombies is 200 

Revolution/Uprising/Vengeance/Apocalypse is 600 (600x4 = 2400) 

All personalization packs are now 80. Along with the Extra Slots pack& calling cards pack. (Around £0.72 in UK money) 

hmmm now that is interesting.  80 MSP is $1.00 im pretty sure.   might have to pick up a couple of the personalization packs i didn't get

Is this the first time an old CoD has been patched? Any who, here are the Zombie patch notes.

Zombies Issues Addressed

General

• Improved stability during Local play when attempting to sign-in using a Guest profile.

• Addressed an issue which caused the background music to stop while in the menus.

• Map icon for Die Rise no longer moves around the globe rapidly when Origins is selected.

Origins

• Fixed multiple issues where the Player could see outside the map using Free Cam mode in Theater.

• Players who join a session already in progress after Round 1 are no longer able to ride on the Tank without its cooldown.

• Fixed an issue where Zombies couldn’t get to the Player if they were hanging off an edge near the Ruins.

• Addressed the issue with unlimited ammo when swapping out the Staff in the Elemental Charging Chamber.

• Players can no longer obtain the “Master Wizard” achievement through spectating.

• Fixed multiple issues where the Tank was unintentionally pushing the Player through the map.

• Lobby Preview Icon now appears correctly under the Stat Summary screen.

• Players can no longer get to unintended areas of the map using Panzer Soldat’s claw attack.

• Semtex grenades can now be properly acquired in the Church.

• Panzer Soldat no longer gets stuck in front of the Tank if Players are standing on top of it.

• Upgraded Staves can no longer be duplicated in the Ruins.

• Addressed an issue where PHD Flopper was doing unintended amounts of damage if the Player was holding an upgraded Staff.

• Panzer Soldat no longer becomes stuck in the air when spawning in front of a robot.

• Players are no longer free from zombie attack when standing on the Tank’s control panel.

• Fixed an issue where the Player could get pushed into an unintended area by the Robot’s foot and be free from zombie attack.

• Players are no longer able to exploit by focus firing at a spawn point at the bottom of the Fire Tunnel.

• Fixed an issue where Panzer Soldat and zombies were moving in slow motion after spawning in.

• Players are no longer able to see the collected Staff pieces on the HUD after upgrading the Ice Staff.

• Panzer Soldat now behaves correctly when it’s kited into a group of zombies.

• Staff parts now update properly on the Scoreboard during a 4-Player Local Splitscreen game.

• Players can properly use the Upgraded Staff melee after obtaining and losing the One Inch Punch Perk.

• Addressed an issue with zombies walking into sandbags, ignoring nearby Players.

• Panzer Soldat now functions properly when grabbing a zombie twice in a row with its claw attack.

• Fixed an issue where Players could get out of the playable area in a Co-op game using the Robot’s foot.

• Maxis Drone should now find its way to the Player correctly in the Workshop Bunker.

• FX for upgrading a Staff are now oriented correctly.

• Panzer Soldat no longer gets stuck behind the Jugger-Nog Perk, when entering the Robot footprint.

• Players no longer get downed by the Robot’s foot when standing on the scaffolding next to the Pack-A-Punch machine.

• Maxis Drone no longer gets stuck near the Church Tank exit.

• Panzer Soldat no longer gets stuck on a Player’s head in the Church, during a Co-op game.

• Players can no longer Dive-to-Prone out of the playable area in the Church.

• Zombies now properly get to Players if they are crouched on a parked Tank.

• Improved stability in a Local 4-Player game when a Player pauses the game and then presses the Back button.

• Players now properly spawn in around Pump Station 4.

• Panzer Soldat no longer gets stuck inside the trench in-between the Starting Area and Generator 3.

• Players who go prone on the back edge of the Tank are no longer free from zombie attack.

• Improved stability in a 4-Player Local game when upgrading Staves during Rounds 11 – 13.

• Players no longer fall out of the map when Panzer Soldat does his claw attack.

• Zombies now properly get to Players at the bottom of the Church when the Tank is parked.

• Fixed an issue where Panzer Soldat was getting stuck if the Player jumped on and off the Tank repeatedly.

• Players are no longer free from zombie attack when crouching on top of certain Trench walls.

• Zombies now properly get to Players in the Robot footprint on top of the Tank Station.

I messed around on Tranzit, Die Rise and Origins last night and found nothing to be different, and I also managed to die on the tank STILL! So, I don't think anything in-game was patched.

Strange though, as the update was 84mb, and I am sure that is the biggest title update there has been for Black Ops 2 since release. Why add 84mb of data if they were just removing Elite!?

Hmm...

Yeah, it makes perfect sense as to the reason for a patch to drop now, some 5 months after the last patch. It would also be understandable that they did not reveal this to be the reason, so as not to bring any negative attention towards the franchise, but most instances of this type of thing happening usually get reported on quickly, so without anything official, I can only take it as idle gossip just now.

Again though... 84mb seems like an awful lot to add to a game when all you are doing is removing something?

Two things I'm wondering:

Firstly, I wonder can they introduce loads of changes in a patch, but not have them instigated ( I can't think of a better word)? What if they have put a wonderfizz on all maps, and fixed a load of things, or maybe added different things, but they will release a hot fix to make all of the patch changes to happen? I'm not sure if that's possible though.

And secondly, remember a few months back there was that "leak" of the map Eclipse ( a remake of Shangri la), I'm kind of wondering wether there might be more DLC announced for BO2.

Two things I'm wondering:

Firstly, I wonder can they introduce loads of changes in a patch, but not have them instigated ( I can't think of a better word)? What if they have put a wonderfizz on all maps, and fixed a load of things, or maybe added different things, but they will release a hot fix to make all of the patch changes to happen? I'm not sure if that's possible though.

And secondly, remember a few months back there was that "leak" of the map Eclipse ( a remake of Shangri la), I'm kind of wondering wether there might be more DLC announced for BO2.

They can easily add stuff via an update, but not have it triggered yet. They did it with the Mark II on the weekend before DLC drop.

As good as it would be to have stuff added to the map, I am seriously doubting it this far in now. It would make sense if they did though to cushion the blow of the news that we will be waiting over a year and a half till the next outing, but I just don't see it happening unfortunately.

PS3 received this patch today, the 28th February 2014 (in Aus at least.)
Same description, but since when has it ever said "New Cool Features Added"?

I think this could be the TranZit update to "finish" the quest, but I HIGHLY doubt it. Might try and do some tests, see if things are there or are new.

Side note: Has anyone ever seen the numbers on the Garage doors at Diner? Never noticed them until today...

Again though... 84mb seems like an awful lot to add to a game when all you are doing is removing something?

Those personalization packs which will be available on march 4th are likely in this patch.

Meaning if you buy them, you'll only download a small text file that gives you access to the packs.

Happens all the time, highly efficient way of dealing with more smaller DLC.

It's not just efficent, it's also necessary. In order for your system to understand the strings of code refering to the new weapon camos, it needs to have those weapon camos taught to it.

So things like the peacekeeper, and weapon camos and such that ALL players can see redardless of DLC are actually included in updates.

Those personalization packs which will be available on march 4th are likely in this patch.

Meaning if you buy them, you'll only download a small text file that gives you access to the packs.

Happens all the time, highly efficient way of dealing with more smaller DLC.

True, but each camo skin wrap will be about 2mb each, so still leaves a lot of megabites that are unaccounted for.

Still... even getting camo skins this far on gives us renewed hope of something... ANYTHING still coming for zombies. It would also make sense that they could potentially delay any new drop seeing as we still have a loooooooong way to go until the next installment.

I am not going to build up my hopes though.