In Case You Didn't Know, Bo2 Vs Bo1

If you were a hardcore player from BO1 you have noticed BO2's mechanics are slightly different. You might not be able to list every major difference from North to South Korea, but you were conscious enough to know they are not the same. Jay is nice enough to list the major differences in both versions, feel free to add anything forgotten.

-Stun factor-

In BO1 you could stun zombies from attacking you by shooting them. While they are being attacked their slaps are ineffective. In BO2 this feature has been eliminated.

-Zombie encroachment-

In BO1 you only hear the zombie sound when they are either respawning or approaching. Very evident that a zombies is approaching. BO2 that sound is constant as long as zombies are still active.

-Lava effects-

In Green Run and all sub maps lava does damage to you and zombies. Zombies on fire will explode upon dying, further damaging surrounding characters. On BO1 round 30 a full hoard takes 5-6 Mustang and Sallies, on Green Run utilizing the lava effect a full hoard can be had with 3-4 shots. Explosives are non effects in the lava.

-Krauss Refib-

Krauss cannot be picked up in BO2.

-Double Tap Root Beer 2-

Not only does it shoot 33% faster than normal, it also doubles the shots to non-explosives.

-Knifing mechanism-

Very apparent from BO1, especially knifing zombies behind windows.

-Damaged zombies-

Damaged zombies will die once players leave the area. Damaged zombies will jot respawn or chase players out of the zone.

-Eliminate downs-

Players can eliminate downs from counting toward your stats by quitting the game. If you pause the game, (without leaving the game) quit the game altogether, your down will not count, but kills and revives will. As soon as you down, while who's who kicks in or quick revive is taking effect, pause and quit. Custom games will skip all stats altogether.

That's all for now. Thank you for reading.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed zombie speeds can vary for a much longer period of time. It's rare but entirely plausible to still have walking zombies on round 25 or higher. In BO I swear you'd never have a walking zombie past round 10.

On the stun effect, in World at War it was even more potent. A flame thrower could make you invincible if you backed into a corner and kept burst firing at the front few zombies.

The flipside was the zombies dragged you a little with their hits, and they windmill hit you more frequently. Double hits were common.

From my understanding, if you quit the game, the downs will not count till you play the next game.

For example. Before you play you have 12 total downs in your stats. You decide to play a game and quit while you have 2 downs. You look at your stats and it says 12 downs. You play another game and the game is over and you only have 1 down. You look at your stats thinking it will say 13 downs, but it will actually count the other two downs. And you will have 15 downs.

Not sure if it happens every time, but it has happened to me multiple times.

This is a great post! I've noticed most of these differences also from the two games. Here's a couple more... Hit the box faster after taking a weapon in black ops 2, cant do any hold x actions when switching weapons in black ops 2, still get quick revive from perk bottles in solo on black ops 2 after the machine is gone, no death machine power up, walkers in high rounds, multiple pack a punch..

also now up to 4 zombies can be inside each other and it is possable to get 8 or 10 headshot kills with one bullet now. before when hearding a full train, the groupe ran in a large cluster.

also a correction on the karss refibulator. You can pick your knives back up and with double tap you can get a one (shot) knife head shot till 38. and yes it does count as a head shot. so you can litlery use only that knive for 38 rounds on tranzit without ever using a bullet gun. and getting 100% headshots. Now on grief. you can pick up your knives, but also everyone else can too. so if you revive someone most likly you will lose that knive as they pick it up. same if you shoot a zombie and the enemy team or one of your team members walks across that knive on the ground where the zombie died. it is now gone they picked it up.

From my understanding, if you quit the game, the downs will not count till you play the next game.

I have never tried it on coop, but solo as soon as I go down, I pause the game and go to the main Playstation menu and quit the game.  Log back on and most stats will count except for your down.  This will only work if you have QR or Whos Who.

As you said, there are time kills and revives do not count until you play another game and end it properly.  Never ever ever ever ever ever everever ever ever ever ever everever ever ever ever ever everever ever ever ever ever ever has a down counted this way. 

Now on grief. you can pick up your knives, but also everyone else can too.

Could you eleborate?  Thought only one could get the knife.

I went back to this morning to test the knife pick up.  The new knife is red, and actually picks itself when you walk by, thus misleading me previously thinking it could not be picked up.  Apologies for the false into.

I have never tried it on coop, but solo as soon as I go down, I pause the game and go to the main Playstation menu and quit the game.  Log back on and most stats will count except for your down.  This will only work if you have QR or Whos Who.

As you said, there are time kills and revives do not count until you play another game and end it properly.  Never ever ever ever ever ever everever ever ever ever ever everever ever ever ever ever everever ever ever ever ever ever has a down counted this way. 

Could you eleborate?  Thought only one could get the knife.

I went back to this morning to test the knife pick up.  The new knife is red, and actually picks itself when you walk by, thus misleading me previously thinking it could not be picked up.  Apologies for the false into.

Awesome topic.

Are we talking about the Kraus refribulator(sp)? Because sometimes my knives are red, but mostly they are white like usual, and this is when it's not PaP'd. I did not know teammates could pick them up, does it replenish the own of the Ballistic knife or just go towards nothing?

Also, I'm sure you meant to say quitting Custom zombies doesn't count towards your stats, but it kind of looks like you're saying Custom zombies in general don't count towards stats, I've went 95% custom during BO2 and I have plenty of stats :)

I also want to ask, on BO1, did the zombies periodically stop behind windows and grab their heads and have a fit? I either have forgotten, or never noticed on BO1, sometimes when I watch a zombie at the end of a round in the window he will keep doing that animation, I guess to show he is tired of tearing the boards that I keep rebuilding?

• Administrators

BO1 zombies behind windows are very predictable, and easily knifable. We all know about BO2 knifing mechanics.

Stats for custom games count, except for rounds. And if you quit the game, then the stats don't count.

I play a lot of casual games through out the week. I play for 30 minutes to an hour and normally just end up ending the game. The stats definitely roll up on my leaderboards. Unless you mean specifically in Co Op, then I'm not sure.

Alrighty,, let me go into detail.

In a regular online game, all stats count. On solo, if you dont want your down to count toward your career stat, then as soon as you go down, right when either who's who or quick revive is taking effect, pause the game and head to you PSN/Xbox menu and quit the game. All stats will count except your down.

This method however, during custom games, nullifies all stats.

So yes, stats do count during a custom game. Unless you quit the game. Quitting the game is different from leaving the game.

In Black Ops 1, you can restart the game as many times as you like.

In Black Ops 2, if you get a character you don't like or you have a bad start, you have to go back to the lobby and watch the cutscene again (or the loading screen).  Ironically, I'm usually my least favorite character (Marlton, Finn, or Dempsey) when I play.