I seriously doubt the first time you played buried you got to round 45, unless you'd seen some info. On the map before hand...

And like I said, I'll let you hold your opinion on die rise...

first time solo..

id played several times co-op and got the hang of the map... but my first solo attempt yeah got to 45 then 50 next. although i strongly disagree with BSzombie about tranzit's replayability, i generally agree with his opinions of die rise being the best and buried being the easiest.

Back on topic, I had a dream last night that the map pack came out and it was called Dimension. it was pretty cool in my dream world :lol::lol:

Yea tranzit's replayability is kind of debatable. I sometimes hate it and sometimes love it. just depends on how well im playing that day.

I once had a dream we were in a neighborhood and you start out in the front yard. You then enter the house and its a haunted house with upside down areas and there was a huge basement. It was one of those fun house things I think. I don't remember the specifics but it reminds me a lot of nuketown but bigger and a lot more clownish.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i remember, dimension started out basically out in space with a galactic looking back ground and surroundings. You could walk through the air, but it wasnt zero g like moon, more like just slower movements. there were platforms scattered throughout the area, the Avogadro/him/electric guy was there zapping you. then you made your way inside a base much like a space station of sorts, where you then made your way up and then had to teleport to and from different maps from zombies past to collect items/perform tasks for the quest

]Just because Fergeson was there from 1933-1944 doesn't mean this map didn't happen in 1933.. The single day, New Years Day, keeps repeating itself FOR THE CHARACTERS.. Everyone else's timeline went on.. Theirs is a REPEATING CYCLE.. Reincarnation doesn't move the timeline forward, it's a repeat of the same time over again. So if Fergeson said these events occurred then, then that's when the map's time frame is.. They died in the chair that night.. For murdering Weasel, just as they die in the game to go back to the prison.. Over and over again.. IF you break the cycle and escape that time frame.. Well, the game ends..

+1. Exactly.

Plus, you do realize that Ferguson is killed in the intro for Mob of the Dead, right? The intro for Mob of the Dead and the "radios" for Mob of the Dead are in direct conflict. This was done on purpose by the zombies team to show that there are two seperate chain of events on MotD. One where Ferguson lives and Al dies (radios), and one where Ferguson dies and Al lives (intro and game). Both of these events began on December 31, 1933, and that is the only date you should be concerned about.

There's no proof that time kept going on as they repeated the cycle. In fact it's quite the opposite.

I did a full analysis of the story of Mob of the Dead when it came out, I suggest you check it out if you'd like to know more:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 49&t=32121

EXACTLY everyone else's time line went on, meanwhile al. Sal, Finn, and billy lived the same day over and over again in hell!

The Furgison in the cut scene is not the real Furgison, it's just an illusion created by The ultimate evil as a test for Arlington: If Arlington handnt of killed Furgison, and served his sentence, he would have passed and assented into heaven, but he disnt, he broke out and killed Furgison in the process... Sealing his fate and sending him to hell...

There while the rest of the world moves on, he sits in his bubble of time and try's to redeem what he did via Easter egg... If he manages to break from his companions and see the error of his ways, he breaks the cycle of re-waking up and dying again and again, if his companions overwhelm him then he is doomed to return to his constant cycle....

Furgison wasnt killed on that date... Those four were... Now they're in he'll living the same day over and over, filled with the demons of hell and doomed to repeat it until for some reason he finally escapes....

I read your analysis, and it was very well done, and I agree with most bits... Except for one thing: I find it more beleivable that these souls up have been stuck here for nearly 100 years if not more, doing this over and over, while the rest of the world simply morns their death and moves on...

On your side, you have your own bits and peices that fit together possibly, but in reality there is no definite, absolute link that says you're right...

On my side I don't have one either, but I have the fact every zombie map so far has been chronological, why is this one different? Simple: It's not...

By the way guys, I just wanted to point out that the new Avenged Sevenfold album comes out on August 27. Since they've been involved with zombies multiple times before, do you think the release of their album and the release of the map pack could coincide? (and maybe have a song from the album on the map? :D )

According to you the mobsters are reliving the same night of their death (NYE 1933), yet it's somehow in the year 20--?

You're contradicting yourself. I see what you're saying about them being stuck in the cycle for 100 years, but there's nothing at all to support that. Plus if they're repeating the cycle for 100 years, they're still repeating the night of their death ,NYE 1933. The map and events of the map are occurring in 1933, regardless of how many years you think they we're repeating the cycle.

Also, if you think all maps have occurred chronologically, you need to look at Kino more closely.

If you want to discuss this more, PM me. We're starting to get off topic here ;)

Some potential hints to the O4 returning:

Weasel: Nikolai, Nikolai, Nikloai, why do I keep hearing that name?

Terminal: Enter 935 [Good] 115 [Evil] The O4 knew about 115. The N4 don't.

The secret EE Game Over song in MOTD pans the camera to the direction of the Moon, where the O4 were last seen.

Maxis saying he wants reunite with Samantha, who was last with the O4.

The secret EE Game Over song in MOTD pans the camera to the direction of the Moon, where the O4 were last seen.

Plus Richtofen and Maxis want Richtofens body ( not in that way ;) ) so I would think we're going there at some point.

According to you the mobsters are reliving the same night of their death (NYE 1933), yet it's somehow in the year 20--?

You're contradicting yourself. I see what you're saying about them being stuck in the cycle for 100 years, but there's nothing at all to support that. Plus if they're repeating the cycle for 100 years, they're still repeating the night of their death ,NYE 1933. The map and events of the map are occurring in 1933, regardless of how many years you think they we're repeating the cycle.

Also, if you think all maps have occurred chronologically, you need to look at Kino more closely.

If you want to discuss this more, PM me. We're starting to get off topic here ;)

Seems crystal clear to me :shrug:

The thing about dates though is this. We could have a character say the exact date of which the map takes place, but we will still debate when it took place. Someone would say that the character is insane while others would say that it is the correct date.

in summary, dates will always be argued about.

Not to mention, if you listen carefully at the beginning of the Buried opening scene, you can hear Samantha's Lullaby playing during the shot of the moon...

so with the new note on Facebook, we now have a date to possibly toy with:

applying this date to the Mauser picture - we could then suggest that perhaps it's Jan. 5th or 8th, 1917:

To me, it could be either January 5th - or January 8th... I really can't tell

but what I do know is that there was a Eclipse of the Moon in Gemini on January 8th, 1917.

I doubt it's significant, but it's quite interesting regardless if the date does turn out to be the 8th.

Gemini were the twin brothers Castor and Pollux in Greek mythology. I have no idea if the story of them plays into the Zombies story in any way, but there may be some symbolism we're missing.

so with the new note on Facebook, we now have a date to possibly toy with:

applying this date to the Mauser picture - we could then suggest that perhaps it's Jan. 5th or 8th, 1917:

To me, it could be either January 5th - or January 8th... I really can't tell

but what I do know is that there was a Eclipse of the Moon in Gemini on January 8th, 1917.

I doubt it's significant, but it's quite interesting regardless if the date does turn out to be the 8th.

Gemini were the twin brothers Castor and Pollux in Greek mythology. I have no idea if the story of them plays into the Zombies story in any way, but there may be some symbolism we're missing.

Definitely Jan. 5

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there is any separate deeper meaning in "We were there in the beginning we will be there in the end."

Nacht was the beginning, take a look at the trailer, it looks like at some point they show a building that looks eerily similar to Nacht. Perhaps teleported there, a time loop, a paradox? Or Nacht is actually located in Northern France. It began in Nacht, will it end their too?

It began in der reise... Which translates to: The giant... Oddly enough we have NEVER questioned WHY it was called the giant to this date....

it's riese, not reise. That is an entirely different word.

We also knew the real world explanation for why it was called that: because the whole complex of project riese was gigantic, spanning for miles underground (or something like that). That is why no one ever bothered to wonder.