Maxis is Brock from Shangri-La

• Administrators

where is it stated Brock's surname is Russman?

His surname is in the gamefiles, he is referred to as "Brock Russman" multiple times.

I have never seen this, I feel like it would be more public if this was the case. Can you provide the evidence?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where is it stated Brock's surname is Russman?

His surname is in the gamefiles, he is referred to as "Brock Russman" multiple times.

I have never seen this, I feel like it would be more public if this was the case. Can you provide the evidence?

Of course. In case anyone wants to double check, file name is zombie_temple_sq_brock.gsc.

It's not public because nobody actually owns CoD on PC.

• Administrators

interesting. so they put different files in for different consoles?

No it likely says that on all of them, but people really only search for PC because it's the easiest. My mind is... blown. What....

interesting. so they put different files in for different consoles?

The files are the same across all platforms, extracting them from xbox/ps3 however would be near impossible. On PC it's simple. Only a little bit C++ knowledge required, mostly for understanding the code you're looking at.

I'm going through them as we speak so if you want me to take a look at anything in particular, just ask.

• Administrators

Nah, not really. I've had someone go through them before. I'm just waiting on a second source to confirm that Brock Russman thing. Not because I don't trust you, but because it's such a big development that it requires more than one person, y'know?

Nah, not really. I've had someone go through them before. I'm just waiting on a second source to confirm that Brock Russman thing. Not because I don't trust you, but because it's such a big development that it requires more than one person, y'know?

Of course, as I said; here's the filename, check it if you feel like it.

In the meantime this should be enough proof that it's legit. (should be familiar to any zombie modders)

well if Brock is supposedly mqxis (doubt it). And brocks name is also Russman (this seems like a massive coincidence, seriously), are we assuming Brock is russmans great great great grandpappy or sum isht?

That just seems really far fetched. And I mean way out there.

• Administrators

well if Brock is supposedly mqxis (doubt it). And brocks name is also Russman (this seems like a massive coincidence, seriously), are we assuming Brock is russmans great great great grandpappy or sum isht?

That just seems really far fetched. And I mean way out there.

I just don't see how it could be a coincidence. Like with Abigail, I let that one slide, but it's not as if Russman is some common name. There's no reason to believe, that given the time, they couldn't be the same person. Brock would've had to of gotten out of Shangri-La, but it would explain how he knew about Zombies and all this stuff since he worked for Broken Arrow. Lots to come if this is true, and I don't see (yet) why it couldn't be.

• Administrators

I'm sorry, but I'm not taking something seen written in a comment of the code that is never mentioned elsewhere as canon. That's like taking the Wonder Weapon Machine as canon.

I wouldn't say that comparison is very accurate, one is more of a dropped gameplay feature as opposed to storyline information. I'd compare it to the Mars in the game files that weren't ever mentioned my name, but is in the coding, and we still took that as canon. I think this is just as canon as most things, really.

I'm sorry, but I'm not taking something seen written in a comment of the code that is never mentioned elsewhere as canon. That's like taking the Wonder Weapon Machine as canon.

I wouldn't say that comparison is very accurate, one is more of a dropped gameplay feature as opposed to storyline information. I'd compare it to the Mars in the game files that weren't ever mentioned my name, but is in the coding, and we still took that as canon. I think this is just as canon as most things, really.

You can still see the red mountain though. You don't see "Russman". This is just as canonical as Arthur Arlington. You guys can debate if you want, but I'm outta here.

• Administrators

You can still see the red mountain though. You don't see "Russman". This is just as canonical as Arthur Arlington. You guys can debate if you want, but I'm outta here.

The Resolution 1295 cutscene hints towards it in my opinion, when Russman asks if that's his first or last name, and no one knows. But that's just me, I see this as very plausible.

Don't get too excited, but I might have a breakthrough in this.

I really support the Russman theory more now, but anyways, here is the quote:

Dr. Schuster: “Yes, Doctor.”

(Gas hissing and bangs are heard once again)

Computerized voice: “Target located.”

Dr. Groph: “Bring him here, immediately.”

(Gas hissing and bangs are heard followed by the sound of a teleporter. The thumping of someone landing is heard afterwards)

Dr. Schuster: "Greetings, Dr. Maxis."

Ludvig Maxis: “Schuster! I should’ve known. Where is that rat Edward? Where are we? And how did you get me out of that wretched tunnel-”

Perhaps he was in a tunnel in Shangri-La? I could be wrong, but it's a tad bit of something lol

Don't get too excited, but I might have a breakthrough in this.

I really support the Russman theory more now, but anyways, here is the quote:

Dr. Schuster: “Yes, Doctor.”

(Gas hissing and bangs are heard once again)

Computerized voice: “Target located.”

Dr. Groph: “Bring him here, immediately.”

(Gas hissing and bangs are heard followed by the sound of a teleporter. The thumping of someone landing is heard afterwards)

Dr. Schuster: "Greetings, Dr. Maxis."

Ludvig Maxis: “Schuster! I should’ve known. Where is that rat Edward? Where are we? And how did you get me out of that wretched tunnel-”

Perhaps he was in a tunnel in Shangri-La? I could be wrong, but it's a tad bit of something lol

If anything that just proves how much more unacceptable the theory is. It puts itas maxis being Brock, while also being russman. Which we know if maxis knows richtofen and Brock doesn't, then it's impossible in reality. So were down to an either or scenario. Brock can EITHER be maxis OR russman, but he cannot be both.

And the whole teleporting scenario supports this, its pretty much undeniable that Brock dies in shang, yet is teleported to the moon to be killed as well.

Unless were gonna throw in more time travel scenarios.

Could the tunnel Maxis describes not be the original location of the pyramid that holds Samanthas body?

There is dialog on a Moon radio where we can hear Richtofen describe the location he first finds the pyramid, it's dark, weightless and resembles a cave, I always thought this to be the place Maxis was teleported to but there were always questions on if they ever moved the pyramid.

If not then that negates my theory, they could have opened the top of the cave so it wasn't so dark any more, making it a cave no longer. Or they could have moved it to a more accessible area.

A couple of questions to tack on as well, if Maxis is Brock, who is Gary? Could Richtofen not recognize Maxis's voice after all the research they've done? Why would he go with only one other person, who didn't seem to be that much of a tough guy, to a place with potential zombies?

I just see Maxis making someone do the work for him, not going it alone. Good read though.

Could the tunnel Maxis describes not be the original location of the pyramid that holds Samanthas body?

There is dialog on a Moon radio where we can hear Richtofen describe the location he first finds the pyramid, it's dark, weightless and resembles a cave, I always thought this to be the place Maxis was teleported to but there were always questions on if they ever moved the pyramid.

You answered your own question a little bit. Think a out the mpd room on moon without everything except the pyramid. You get an empty cave. It couldn't be the tunnels in Shangri la because those tunnels would still feel gravity as anywhere else on earth would.

The pyramid was never moved because it couldn't be which is why they had to build griffin station around it.

If Russman is Brock, he did one HELL of a job changing his voice from a southern American (Almost Cajun-like), to a strong British accent.

That file name is certainly interesting, but I just don't see any aimilarities between the two. Like at all.

Maxis' voice sounds much closer to that of Brock's, but I don't see any similarties beside that. Plus, Brock says he learned about Zombies from "writings", and he didn't recognize the name Richtofen. Doesn't sound like Maxis to me.

Just my two cents.

this topic is dying out but ive been doin some digging. whens the last time yall heard the radios from Shangri-La?

(idk its not lettin me post the video) but in this video you can hear all the radios in the map, here a few things that in my opinion disprove Maxis being Brock, (also Brock being Russman -__-)

-first take note to Brocks voice, sounds nothing like Maxis (or Russman)

- fast forward the video to 4:20. you will hear Nikolai say "hey, uh guys i think theres a british guy in this wall" well all have heard Dr Maxis before and we know hes not british, (neither is Russman)

-fast forward to 12:40, Brock now reaches the top of the alter to see "Richtofen" engraved on a statue, at that moment he should have realized it was Edward if that was indeed Maxis.

more on to this Brock being Russman ok his name in the files is Brock Russman, they coulda took Russmans name from Brock Russman to try and troll us (knowing we would eventually turn to the old files for clues about the new game) :lol:

but thats just wat they filed it under, if they named him "Cum_Dumpster" in the file is that wat he would be? the name of the file i feel plays not that big of a part take a look at this topic,

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=33862

one of our fellow zombie slayers (tinasrob) was trying to buy the Galvaknuckles, but it glitched or something instead of reading "Galvaknuckles" it said "electric_tazer_knuckles or zombie_tazer_knuckles". the 3 wolf heads in MoTD file name is "dreamcatcher" (wtf does that have to do with anything?) my point exactly...just file names

• Administrators

I feel like your galvaknuckles example was a poor one, since they are actually electric tazer knuckles, like that makes perfect sense. I don't see it remotely possible that there's two Russman's in this game. And I feel like it was alluded to on the cutscene:

Russman: "Is that my first, or last name?"