They are playing with us!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, Mob of the Dead is just the game mode. We don't know what the name of the map is yet. And yes, this is true: Treyarch said Mob of the Dead is a zombie "experience", but it isn't the name of the map, just like TranZit and Die Rise.

TranZit > Green Run

Die Rise > Great Leap Forward

Mob of the Dead > ???

I assumed the name of the map was Alcatraz

This. The name of the mode will be "Mob of the Dead," and then perhaps the actual map name will be "Alcatraz." Also, I was thinking that maybe the area part (like "Town" and "Skyscraper") will either be called "Island" or "Prison."

Yeah that makes a lot of sense

Would be awesome if there is a Courtyard survival map

Alcatraz? Really? I mean, sure, it's possible. But every map thus far besides Nuketown has had a name that alludes to a bigger scheme. The Green Run. The Great Leap Forward. The Alcatraz?

I don't know what it could be for this map, but in my Binomial Nomenclature thread I mention that each actual map name refers to a geographical location associated with a historical event. Since the timeframe is still up in the air, we can't be certain yet what historical event could be represented.

"Right of Discovery"?

"Devil's Island"?

Occupation of Alcatraz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_Alcatraz

Beginning on November 20, 1969, a group of Native Americans called United Indians of All Tribes, mostly college students from San Francisco, occupied the island to protest federal policies related to American Indians. Some of them were children of Indians who had resettled in the city as part of an urbanization program encouraged by the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) from the 1930s to the 1950s. The BIA hoped to give Indians new opportunities in the cities, as many Indian reservations were isolated from job markets.

The occupiers, who stayed on the island for nearly two years, demanded the island's facilities be adapted and new structures built for an Indian education center, ecology center and cultural center. The American Indians claimed the island by provisions of the Treaty of Fort Laramie (1868) between the U.S. and the Sioux; they said the treaty promised to return all retired, abandoned or out-of-use federal lands to the Native peoples from whom it was acquired. (Note: The Treaty of 1868 stated that all abandoned or unused federal land adjacent to the Great Sioux Reservation could be reclaimed by descendants of the Sioux Nation.) Indians of All Tribes then claimed Alcatraz Island by the "Right of Discovery", as indigenous peoples knew it thousands of years before any Europeans had come to North America. Begun by urban Indians of San Francisco, the occupation attracted other Native Americans from across the country, including American Indian Movement (AIM) urban activists from Minneapolis.

IDK? I hope they don't call it "The Rock"

By the name "Rock", I was more thinking like this. Trust you & your dirty mind Flammen.

Also, The 'Occupation of Alcatraz' happened in 1969.

Green Run Project - 1949

Great Leap Forward - 1958ish

The last 2 maps/chapter names have been historical events. What other name could it be?

I'm wrong on most occations, ask my wife.

So far, we have had names that date back further than our time frame for the map. So if we assume that Alcatraz takes place PAST 1941 and BEFORE Samantha entered the MPD (I don't know the exact year of this) then we can narrow it down to a much smaller time period.

So I am assuming it will be one of these names:

"Uncle Sam's Devil's Island" (Fits with the Demonic theme, don't you think?)

"The Rock" (sorry, had to be here)

"Alcatraz"

"Island of the Pelicans" (the original name for the island)

"Fort Alcatraz" (I think this will be the one or Devil's Island)

So it is either between Fort Alcatraz or Uncle Sam's Devil's Island for me.