~New Boss~ Scariest Map? They Weren't Kidding!

Ok people. Check out the exact time 2:58 in the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdJONV3KvW0p

In the back on the left you see... A big, flaming... Thingy. Its motion distinctly resembles a jaw opening motion. My first thought was hellhounds, but this thing looks as though it is suspended in mid air! You can clearly see that it has no legs. Looking closely, it DOES resemble a hellhound, but why would it be flying / hovering?

We know hellhounds and zombies can come at the same time because of der riese and NML, but note that it is present alongside normal zombies.

All I can say is that this thing is CREEPY. It Almost seems to suggest something demonic in nature.

Ideas?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what about screaming zombie in a suit when we first see the map?

He looks different then the prisoner zombies.

Possibly a Warden of the prison. He might be a boss along the lines of George Romero. However the shot that shows him run up and scream into the "camera" is very cinematic looking, so it might just be a clip from the opening cutscene. (this map is going to have an opening cutscene by the way.)

After watching this part in the trailer over a couple times, it looks like a hellhound jumping out of a fiery portal of some sort?

Check this out.

At first I thought it was a hellhound too, but look closely. This is NOT a hellhound. It looks like it has HORNS, and its face looks really... demonic.

I am reminded of the weird dog demon things from Ghostbusters. 

I can't be sure of whether it not its coming out of a portal, or just on fire.

BUT WAAAAIIT.....

Red eyes? Demonic creatures spawning from fiery portals? Maybe Satan actually is in control!

Like I said in my thread, I think it's some sort of Hellbat enemy. Either that, or a floating, fiery, horned head.

Floating, fiery, horned head? Honestly by now that wouldn't really surprise me. 

On a serious note, maybe the protrusions I thought were horns we're actually wings? If so it would actually make sense if it were a fiery bat, or even a fiery demon head.  :mrgreen:  

Sorta like the skull monsters in Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

or the A7X logo.

Edit: upon closer inspection... It DOES resemble a bat... But the way it remains stationary while chomping seems more like the kind of thing a land creature could do. Unless its a demon hummingbird. :mrgreen:

What I mean Is that it exhibits two large biting motions in the space of about 2 seconds. However as it is doing this, its distance from the player doesn't change, nor does it's elevation off the ground. Since the zombification of hellhounds doesn't change their physiology dramatically (essentially they are still dogs, just crazy and on fire) why would zombifying a bat change the way it moves so dramatically?

Bats can NOT hover in the air by the way. Which this thing is clearly doing.

Unless like someone said, it appears stationary because it is clawing out of a fixed portal?

The nova crawlers have changed, why not hell hounds.

My only draw back is, if this is pre-Richtofen/Maxis, then hellhounds were not yet created by accident. I sure hope they don't go all biblical and say Satan is doing all this, aliens are where I draw the line :lol:

It fits with my idea: its Samanthas dog (Fluffy). It teleported from the future (when they tested the teleporter with the dog), it travelled through time and space and came in Alcatrez time period, where it got infected, thats the reason, why its floating.

Looks like a dog to me.

:P heard a rumor that this will tie into moon (and the O4) through space travel...not gonna believe it till it happens, but it's entirely possible that time travel will play a role in this...because...why the hell else would those actors from OUR time period be in Alcatraz in the 1920's? Plus the trailer does say that the story continues in Mob of the Dead right?

This is a demonic force of the likes we have never seen before. I no longer believe it to be a Ghostly Hellhound. I just KNOW it will be a Demonic Demon from the depths of Hell!

This goes along with Matuzz's theory of the Warden being a demon summoner (as proved by the many candles and skulls lying around, commonly used in witchcraft)

Also I agree EJ: that Zombie is NOT the Warden. It is an Alcatraz Guard. He is wearing THIS badge:

It looks like a cinematic... Maybe the characters killed a guard, and he got back up? Therefore emphasis on this one Guard as he was the first Zombie they encountered???

But no. That is NOT a Hellhound. Hellhounds are WAAAAAY more cute :3 This is the PERFECT map for Treyarch to start including insane demonic forces.

Check this shot out.

The shadow below the head resembles the profile of a dog's body in a sitting position.

This reminds me of a theory I made a while ago about "Shadows," who have half-teleported. For example the teleporter shuts down while they are using it, causing half of their mass to be in the aether or some other dimension. This would make them "shadows." essentially they are like ghosts. Transparent, dark, intangible.

However the solidity of its head seems to go against this idea. But again.

Shadowy form

Big horns

Evil looking

Head only is on fire

It's totes a demon. :mrgreen:

Check this shot out.

The shadow below the head resembles the profile of a dog's body in a sitting position.

This reminds me of a theory I made a while ago about "Shadows," who have half-teleported. For example the teleporter shuts down while they are using it, causing half of their mass to be in the aether or some other dimension. This would make them "shadows." essentially they are like ghosts. Transparent, dark, intangible.

However the solidity of its head seems to go against this idea. But again.

Shadowy form

Big horns

Evil looking

Head only is on fire

It's totes a demon. :mrgreen:

Okay. This is officially the MOST AMAZING MAP EVER (from what we have seen so far, even in a 3-minute trailer...)!!! I've been wanting a demon-centered map for a while now and this looks like we are finally getting one. And no better place than Alcatraz to accomplish that!

or the A7X logo.

Oh god please this.

Maybe a sign on who's performing the song? ;)

Each map's Easter egg song's artist corresponds to the characters on the map. For example, Elena = O4, Nova = N4. So we'll either be seeing a new artist (highly unlikely. Fans would react negatively.) OR an old artist will return. However, since they usually correspond to a group of survivors, maybe the N4 will appear as non playables, like through an Easter egg, and Clark will return. Or *gasp* O4 and Elena!

But A7X was on CotD so you never know.

Each map's Easter egg song's artist corresponds to the characters on the map. For example, Elena = O4, Nova = N4. So we'll either be seeing a new artist (highly unlikely. Fans would react negatively.) OR an old artist will return. However, since they usually correspond to a group of survivors, maybe the N4 will appear as non playables, like through an Easter egg, and Clark will return. Or *gasp* O4 and Elena!

I think we shall be freeing the O4 on this map so maybe there will be a collab between Elena and A7X, since this map will be like CotD...

That's why I'm thinking A7x. Perhaps they'll play the songs that feature the actor survivors in every game.