Mule Kick Hate?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I double tap y all the time. with double tapping you can reload faster and get out of some sticky situations. with mule kick it messes me up so double tapping becomes triple tapping and when im in the zone it messes me up and i sometimes get trapped when i would have been free because i would have been able to shoot faster. i do like it if im camping because it gives me a whole other gun to use. but in solo all you really need is the sliquifier.

The issue with mule kick was that it cost way too much for an extra slot that you lose when you go down, but the free perk jerks mitigate that programming disaster by getting rid of the 'prices are exhorbitant, to say the least' issue.

After the last patch though, Treyfail screwed the programming so that if you have the sliq gun, you lose that instead of your third gun slot.

They really need to send their programmers back to school...

That or some complete moron thought this was a balance tweek/ kidding, even they aren't that stupid... I hope...

What do you mean "hate" for it? Everyone I know loves Mule Kick. I personally have other priority Perks most of the time, but Mule Kick is cool.

I actually remember a significant amount of hate toward mule kick when BO2 first came out, because a few people complained it wasnt in green run, and that was met with much hostility saying that it "made the game to easy" oor that it "wasn't necessary"

personally I love it. allows for a wall gun, M&S and a good box gun. all upside no downside as far as i can see it

The issue with mule kick was that it cost way too much for an extra slot that you lose when you go down, but the free perk jerks mitigate that programming disaster by getting rid of the 'prices are exhorbitant, to say the least' issue.

After the last patch though, Treyfail screwed the programming so that if you have the sliq gun, you lose that instead of your third gun slot.

That or some complete moron thought this was a balance tweek/ kidding, even they aren't that stupid... I hope...

jeez man quit bringin us down with your god damn negativity. the "it costs too much" complaint is stupid. i played yesterday on die rise to get the achievement when you dont turn the power on til after 10. well by 10 i had 20000 pts. if points are a problem for you, you probably are a box spammer which is an evil all unto itself.

jeez man quit bringin us down with your god damn negativity. the "it costs too much" complaint is stupid. i played yesterday on die rise to get the achievement when you dont turn the power on til after 10. well by 10 i had 20000 pts. if points are a problem for you, you probably are a box spammer which is an evil all unto itself.

Calm yourself dude. He was just saying, I mean, Jug and DT2.0 are the two best perks and together they only cost 4500..

Negativity?

I was saying that they got rid of the overcosting issue by giving it for free.

I have hit the box less than ten seperate occasions in Die Rise. Not a box spammer and points aren't the issue.

In waw, extra gunslots were free and it made the game popular. In bo, you had to pay 4000 for 1 extra slot that thy took away when you went down. It was a disaster and reviled by players (ever know anyone who bought it in bo? No? Me neither, now it is considered by good players). Note that the 'prices are exhorbitant' is a malton quote put in the game by Treyfail.

The last bit is a deserved slight to Treyfail. They created that negativity on their own. Their terrible programming and balancing issues make them a joke.

Edit: i will man up and say, hey, sorry if it sounded too negative. I try to be positive and friendly, some things bug me. That happens to all of us. Happy gaming birdman. Didn't try to irk you or anyone else.

I'm one of the Mule Kick haters...

Reason I hate it is because there are times where bad things happen, and I need to pull out my panic weapon (ie Thunder Gun) to blow all the zombies away or else die. So many times with Mule Kick equipped, I've hit the "Y" button and pulled out the wrong weapon. I don't pull out my best weapon that would save my ass. Instead I pull out another useless automatic weapon. In the panic moment, muscle memory tends to take over and I hit the "Y" button only once, without thinking which weapon is going to come out. Having only two weapons in the inventory makes this thought process much easier. I either have the panic weapon in hand, or I don't. So this perk has actually kills me on several occasions. And so many times when I've gone down from it, I realized there was absolutely no reason for me to need 3 guns.

The only time Mule Kick looks attractive to me, is on really high levels where ammo is scarce. Having an extra weapon so you don't have to go spin the box midround can be an advantage.

This perk takes a back seat to all other perks. You'll have much more tactical advantage with perks like Doubletap, Speedcola, Deadshot and Phd Flopper.

And I also feel this perk machine has tainted the classic maps. Especially NDU.

- Mix

I diagree. People have their opinions, but let me say why I disagree.

Reason I hate it is because there are times where bad things happen, and I need to pull out my panic weapon (ie Thunder Gun) to blow all the zombies away or else die. So many times with Mule Kick equipped, I've hit the "Y" button and pulled out the wrong weapon. I don't pull out my best weapon that would save my ass. Instead I pull out another useless automatic weapon. In the panic moment, muscle memory tends to take over and I hit the "Y" button only once, without thinking which weapon is going to come out. Having only two weapons in the inventory makes this thought process much easier. I either have the panic weapon in hand, or I don't. So this perk has actually kills me on several occasions. And so many times when I've gone down from it, I realized there was absolutely no reason for me to need 3 guns.

On most maps, yes three guns is a luxury. However, the luxury to me is welcomed. On Der Riese, it is very helpful to have a Ray Gun for mid-Round dogs.

I always make a distinction for my three weapons. The first weapon is always the emergency weapon. The second weapon is a Ray Gun. The third weapon is some point gun. This way, I always know how many times I should press the Y button. I also have the benefit of nearly always losing my worthless weapon.

The only time Mule Kick looks attractive to me, is on really high levels where ammo is scarce. Having an extra weapon so you don't have to go spin the box midround can be an advantage.

Well that's good I suppose.

This perk takes a back seat to all other perks. You'll have much more tactical advantage with perks like Doubletap, Speedcola, Deadshot and Phd Flopper.

It depends. Double-Tap? Hard call. Double-Tap II? Well of course choose that over Mule Kick. I always choose Mule Kick over Deadshot.

- Mix

Bah. All World at War levels had glitches to get multiple guns. Well now you can get more than two legitimately.

- Mix

Yea thats a nother reason why I don't like the gun. and besides on die rise you only need one gun and on tranzit you get three guns anyways if you include the jet gun as a gun so mule kick isn't needed on there.

Well the only 4 perks that are not about reviving in Die Rise (which is pretty much zombies in general for me right now) are Jug,Sp.C., 2x tap R. and Mule kick and when I play solo I'd rather just die than be revived uselessly and die again 2 seconds later because I play for the k/d.

But when I play online I'd rather have quick revive than mule kick because I'm the medic guy and It's easier to die when playing online and you lose one of your weapons if you have mule kick and It's not always the third one you bought.

Mule Kick is OK, but it depends on the map really. I consider it to not be useful on most maps, but I do like it on CotD, and I wish it was available on Green Run. On Die Rise I hate it and for that reason I often push for not going for free perks. All I need is the basic 3 (Jug, DT and Speed) and Who's Who. I usually get QR pro with a guest if I lose it since it's so useful especially with Who's Who, so I don't need Quick Revive.

Honestly, with the Sliquifier, AN-94 and the SVU being available as they are, I don't see Mule Kick being worth it on Die Rise. Especially since we now have improved DT and Who's Who.

Mule Kick is OK, but it depends on the map really. I consider it to not be useful on most maps, but I do like it on CotD, and I wish it was available on Green Run. On Die Rise I hate it and for that reason I often push for not going for free perks. All I need is the basic 3 (Jug, DT and Speed) and Who's Who. I usually get QR pro with a guest if I lose it since it's so useful especially with Who's Who, so I don't need Quick Revive.

Honestly, with the Sliquifier, AN-94 and the SVU being available as they are, I don't see Mule Kick being worth it on Die Rise. Especially since we now have improved DT and Who's Who.

thats a good way to look at it we already have the two most powerful gun weapons to choose from plus a sliquifier that usually never needs ammo. but i don't see why you would need it on green run. pick your wall gun, your ray gun (or M&S) and the jet gun. thats already 3 great guns.

thats a good way to look at it we already have the two most powerful gun weapons to choose from plus a sliquifier that usually never needs ammo. but i don't see why you would need it on green run. pick your wall gun, your ray gun (or M&S) and the jet gun. thats already 3 great guns.

From a Solo perspective, you're right, Mule Kick in Green Run (at least TranZit) isn't that good (though I could see it being very useful in Town or Farm). But I would like it to be in there because not everyone only plays Solo. In Co-op, not everyone could have the Jet Gun. Green Run weapons are generally sub-par (when compared to the other maps so far) so having 3 might be useful for Co-op, especially if you were to combine it with Tombstone.

Honestly, the only perks I ever buy are DT2.0 and Jug. THey are the only necesseties to me. (talking about co-op. Solo I also buy WW/QR, one of them) Then, if I even get any other perks, I get them from the Jumping Jack's round. Which I don't always do because it's better to be safe than sorry so a lot of the time I just shoot them.