Rules of Die Rise

sargas987

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

How about positioning your Trample Steam correctly when going from building to building? Or making it face the right way and not towards the space outside the map? It doesn't help when players put down their Trample Steams in the middle of the room during the boss rounds only to accidentally come into contact and be sent flying down the bottomless map.

How about positioning your Trample Steam correctly when going from building to building? Or making it face the right way and not towards the space outside the map? It doesn't help when players put down their Trample Steams in the middle of the room during the boss rounds only to accidentally come into contact and be sent flying down the bottomless map.

If it is in the middle of the room how could it send you off the edge???

If it is in the middle of the room how could it send you off the edge???

This has happened to me many times in the china room. Our team plopped down 4 trample steams and were basically running in circles around them. The train artist in me tried to do a cutback and jump over one but some fool ran into me and I bumped the trample steam and was sent plummeting to my death.

Another rule: don't isolate yourself! I know you can't all train in the same room, but if you are in a separate building and you go down everyone is screwed. at least take necessary precautions before going off alone, like buying who's who.

Which room is the room you call the China room? The entire map is Chinese....

Sorry, all of my friends call that room the china room for some reason.

It is past the AN-94 down the elevator shaft, and it has a teddy bear, red columns, upside down statues, and that broken stone column thing that sticks out, and you can jump off of it into the floor with the power switch.

Which room is the room you call the China room? The entire map is Chinese....

Sorry, all of my friends call that room the china room for some reason.

It is past the AN-94 down the elevator shaft, and it has a teddy bear, red columns, upside down statues, and that broken stone column thing that sticks out, and you can jump off of it into the floor with the power switch.

Ohhhh okay. I call that the Buddha room, because it has Buddha in it. :P

Well to me and everyone I play with, the China room, or man's room as my closest friends and I have taken to dubbing it is basically the restaurant with the food counter.

Man's room simply because it's the most difficult room to run.

We call the Buddha room, the ladies room.

Well to me and everyone I play with, the China room, or man's room as my closest friends and I have taken to dubbing it is basically the restaurant with the food counter.

I've been calling the Man's Room the Dragon Room... much more precise IMO.

Regardless, I agree with this. I love dat China Room. Man Room. Whatever it's called.

Don't rush on this map is the main thing.

By that I mean when you are moving around doing stuff.

It's easy to fall off many places, as I'm sure most have done.

Go down the slide from the mystery box in the middle.

Go down the power drops carefully.

When you jump from the dragon to the trample steam, make sure you stop running if you have sprinted up the catwalk, before sprinting again to jump.

Simple stuff, but has downed all these things have downed me more times I care to count when in a rushing mindset. Rush the rounds, don't rush the stuff between.

I've been calling the Man's Room the Dragon Room... much more precise IMO.

Regardless, I agree with this. I love dat China Room. Man Room. Whatever it's called.

Just call it the Restaurant... because that's what it is... I mean everyone can call it what they want, but that's the clearest term.

One rule I personally never break is to only go to the box from the side without the slide. A well times dive or simply a trample steam can get you over that seemingly unreachable ledge.

In the spawn area past the first but able door you can drop down a series of ledges in order to make it to the ledge I mention above, granting the ability to potentially use the box on the first round. I'm not saying this is exactly what you should do, but definitely take the time to learn how to make those jumps, as it saves you from needing to buy like 3 doors. they are found at the top of the escalator in the room just past the spawn.

One rule I personally never break is to only go to the box from the side without the slide. A well times dive or simply a trample steam can get you over that seemingly unreachable ledge.

In the spawn area past the first but able door you can drop down a series of ledges in order to make it to the ledge I mention above, granting the ability to potentially use the box on the first round. I'm not saying this is exactly what you should do, but definitely take the time to learn how to make those jumps, as it saves you from needing to buy like 3 doors. they are found at the top of the escalator in the room just past the spawn.

Both ways you are referring to only require opening a single door. It's preference really.

#1 rule of die rise, learn your elevators. pretty much the spawns, where they start out, when to jump off, how far you can fall to catch one, best time to use the keys, how long it takes for an elevator to get to you so you don't get cornered while waiting.

also know the callouts if you are playing online. theres quick revive elevator, trample steam elevator, spawn elevator, svu elevator, bowie knife elevator, non bowie knife power elevator, isolated elevator, Remington/ramp elevator. some people have different call outs but if you think you should be able to determine your own callouts or learn these pretty easy.

with that being said, elevators may not be the #1 choice of travel at times. that leads to the #2 rule of die rise is make sure you know the different trample steam jumps and the amount of verticle leap you can take without dying.

More difficult than the pdw room? ;)

the pdw and the room right in front of the elevator on trample steam level (not the quick revive) without the door connecting the two sides together open is a pain the ass while using the sliquifier post patch