You now "hot join" random games. (Tested only on Xbox)

So I was playing with some randoms today (just out of boredom and fun) and I noticed that with the update treyarch made it where you join random players who do not have a full lobby.

This can either work out good.. Or bad.

In my case it was bad, I spawned on round 12 with nothing but a pistol in the power room, confused I thought I glitches and the ransoms told me "no you can join games already in session" I then died trying to start a train with no jug.. I was so confused I just quit. I joined another game, same result except this time these ransoms were on round 18!

I spawned on the roof luckily with the others and pretty much hide behind everyone with PaP weapons..

So what are you thoughts on this? Do you think it is a good idea to have you join a random game that has already started a long time ago?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was playing with some randoms today (just out of boredom and fun) and I noticed that with the update treyarch made it where you join random players who do not have a full lobby.

In my case it was bad, I spawned on round 12 with nothing but a pistol in the power room, confused I thought I glitches and the ransoms told me "no you can join games already in session" I then died trying to start a train with no jug.. I was so confused I just quit. I joined another game, same result except this time these ransoms were on round 18!

I spawned on the roof luckily with the others and pretty much hide behind everyone with PaP weapons..

So what are you thoughts on this? Do you think it is a good idea to have you join a random game that has already started a long time ago?

holy smokes treyarch what are you thinking? first no private matches, now if we manage to luck into starting a public match with just 2-3 of my friends its going to stick some random yahoo in our match in the middle?? They need to lay off the crack pipes down there in so cal! i hope this isn't the case! and if it is they BETTER ADD BACK THE DAMN PRIVATE MATCH OPTION!

I think sure, go ahead.. But we need some kind of system for this, like say

Specific servers that only a certain rank can enter, and a server only usable by those with a mic...

That second one would be a dream come true...

Oh this isn't an idea of mine, treyarch added this in their latest patch.

holy smokes treyarch what are you thinking? first no private matches, now if we manage to luck into starting a public match with just 2-3 of my friends its going to stick some random yahoo in our match in the middle?? They need to lay off the crack pipes down there in so cal! i hope this isn't the case! and if it is they BETTER ADD BACK THE DAMN PRIVATE MATCH OPTION!

Calm yourself, it's a super rare occurrence... I also believe it only can spawn you In if you origionaly had four people and one left, or was disconnected.. Thats how they seperate 3 people and two people matches... I beleive... Don't quote me on that...

And I know that it's not an idea, it happened to me before, got locked into a match on round 8 at farm, did ok, then got disconnected... I'm just saying things they should add!

Interesting.

This bamboozles me. Like why do this when you can't do Private Matches...

So what now. Does that mean if someone leaves, and than someone else joins in, that the 4p Leaderboard will update with 4 players properly? As in, it stops like normal when someone leaves, but when someone hot joins in, it starts again, as if no one ever left?

Interesting.

This bamboozles me. Like why do this when you can't do Private Matches...

So what now. Does that mean if someone leaves, and than someone else joins in, that the 4p Leaderboard will update with 4 players properly? As in, it stops like normal when someone leaves, but when someone hot joins in, it starts again, as if no one ever left?

I'm not sure, I tried setting my party settings to closed and it still put me with games that already started. It doesn't happen that often but every other game.

I'm not sure what to think about this. It doesn't make much of a difference to me.

Generally I play on custom with friends, mainly so that we can bring friends in that appear online. Although occasionally we do want to play games that we want to appear on the boards and we force these to be either 2 or 3 players by using second controllers.

This would ruin that I have realised. Whilst I can see Treyarch's reasoning for this, there should be an option which allows players to stop this happening. Like all the lobby need to agree that they are happy with others being brought in mid game.

This, in conjunction with the lack of private matches, makes me want to punch a baby seal right in it's cherub like innocent face...

bahahaha.

seriously though they did such an awesome thing by adding solo, 2, 3, and 4 player leaderboards, but then made it nearly impossible to have a 2 or 3 player leaderboard game by not including private match option, and forcing 4 player public matches (unless you're fast and lucky lol ) the potential for greatness is there 3arc please unleash the beast! :twisted:

with this turn of events i see 3arc releasing a patch that does allow the player to choose a 1, 2, 3, or 4 person match at the beginning.

It would make no sense whatsoever to show the leaderboards without that option, especially now that if you do by chance either glitch or get into a proper 2 person match that other people can be added at any time.

I would assume this patch was a leadup to the next patch where we are given this option. they added this hot join option now so if you get a rage quitter you are given another person to complete your 2, 3, or 4 person match, that makes sense although the consequences of throwing someone in with a m1911 and no perks on round 30 are a bit shitty.

this way, maybe, just maybe, if you get a rage quitter on round 20 and you get a hot joiner soon after your rounds will continue to count, maybe not now but in the next patch.

next patch you get that fix, and also the option to choose a player count.

they are probably testing the hot join patch to make sure it's not causing issues.

This doesn't make sense with they way the leaderboards are being run, but then again the leaderboards don't make sense generally, so who cares?!

I like this for the challenge and if you're storing money into your bank account and good weapons in your fridge, you shouldn't have a problem regardless of what round you start, but you may just need some help from your new-found friends.

"Hey! Move your train, I need to get into my bank!"

I see this becoming a MAJOR problem for newbs and not-so-skilled players, as starting in later rounds might just lead to them being downed repeatedly until they just quit. Not fun for both ends because even the skilled players, who may not be able to revive them will suffer point loss after they bleed out and for obvious reasons this will aggravate the newb.

To me, this is generally a bad idea with the present state of affairs, but given a bit more finesse and a better leaderboard foundation, could be a great idea.

joining in the middle of a match isnt the end of the world but can be tough. i would think they would give you X amount of points if you are spawned in at X round.

for instance last night my 2 friends and i were playing 4p NTZ and was round 18 i think when our random quit. keep in mind i am defo not an awesome zombies player, just average.

i went down and died at round 24 i think with about 7k points.

as soon as i spawned on round 25 i sprinted to pap and packed M&S, i had 2k left. i took the least populated area and survived, also picked off a friends train for more points. end of 25 i was back in biz with a galil and jugg.

Brave man going for Mustang & Sally over Jugg.

However, that's not much of an analogy because you had 7k points when you respawned. I would not expect a new player to join with close to that amount of points.

Also, though, I didn't even think about this affecting other maps without a bank or fridge. Though, NTZ is much smaller, if 1500 is all that will be given out the new player has no hope of Jugg, only one box spin, or one gun wall. Pretty bleek setup there for higher rounds.

Hopefully they will give out 1500 points for every, say, 7 rounds...i.e. after round 14 new players join with 3k, that way they could at least grab Jugg and an M14.

Does this mean one can join friends in an ongoing public match...or is it just simply random...

You were always able to join friends if there was a spot available & if the server actually let you join. It's pretty tough sometimes as you may not know what round they are on.

I've always wondered if joining friends games stops the leaderboard round count? Just like if someone leaves?

Saleenseven -

How does this new thing work? Im pretty confused

the O.P is saying he got sucked into a game that had long been started while searching in the public lobby.

which before you'd only be able to join a previously started game if it was originally started under custom.

i dont think that you'd be able to join if someone on your friends list started it in under public...

its still pretty wierd... not sure how much i like it...

instead of a return of private match, id like treyarch to make player limit option within public.

This isn't something new at least not for me this has happened to me long over a month ago. I was bored so i decided to play with randoms instead of a lobby i was thrown into games (tranzit/public match)twice in a row 1st game was at round 12 and one person was alive cheating in the power room so i left. Second game dude was in town during a game of tranzit on round 16 and this was like around christmas time .

This isn't something new at least not for me this has happened to me long over a month ago. I was bored so i decided to play with randoms instead of a lobby i was thrown into games (tranzit/public match)twice in a row 1st game was at round 12 and one person was alive cheating in the power room so i left. Second game dude was in town during a game of tranzit on round 16 and this was like around christmas time .

I never experienced it this frequently for me until now.

I remember when I first got this game there were two matches in public where I joined after it started. I thought this was common since it was my roommates game and had no clue till weeks later I was told you can only join on going custom games and public are pretty much locked. The only difference was my search settings. After two days of crappy random play I changed from any to best and have since never been thrown into a game. Not sure it's full proof but seems to have ward off those random mid game connections.