Stop Calling The Bus Driver TEDD People!

Electric Jesus

This is a public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood electric Jesus.

Never in the game is the robotic bus driver in tranzit referred to by any official name in-game. The name TEDD (which I believe is rumored to stand for "technologically elaborate driving device") is made up and inaccurate.

Next order of business: what should we call him? Might I suggest something easy to remember, and generic enough that it doesn't have to be set in stone by ye almighty treyarch? how about, oh I don't know, BUS DRIVER??

In more than one case on this site people have used a variety of non-canonical names to describe something, resulting in some degree of confusion. *cough*babel*cough* I've seen this issue emerge lots regarding the bus driver, so I felt the need to set this straight. Let's just call him the driver, people.

I am electric Jesus and I approve this message.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

It's been brought up before, but it doesn't hurt to put a cork in it once and for all. YouTube users have gotten used to saying it because practically every video calls him T.E.D.D., and the Call of Duty Wikia even mentions it. It'll be a hard trend to stop so suddenly; however, I do hope people soon realize the mistake.

Can I also point out that Him is NOT named "The Avogadro"? Just because it was mentioned in the leaked achievements and in a strategy guide does not make it official. I mean, Treyarch even changed the name to "Him".

That's true. I recently kicked the habit of calling Him the Avogadro.

One thing that I can't express enough is that the COD wiki should not be seen as reliable at all. It is in no way affiliated with treyarch and is totally full of nonsense lots of the time. MMX has a cod wiki misinformation thread in the member lounge. Check it out if you don't believe me.

Well everyone knows him as TEDD so what is the problem? In fact TEDD is way better than the driver as TEDD is somewhat of a character in the game. If everyone understands TEDD as being the bus driver, knowing who and what TEDD is, then it is the exact same.

Call TEDD "The Evil Monster" if you want. If the understanding is there then there is no problem.

TEDD is way better and more fitting than "the driver".

To be honest, TEDD would not appreciate this thread. He's already missing an arm and stuck driving a bus in an endless loop route. He can't be too happy.

Since when did semantics and language cross over into the realm of understanding and knowledge.

• Administrators

It doesn't matter when you're posting and you reference him to create a much larger picture. But keep in mind that there are some serious theorists and members on here who propose amazing threads regarding the storyline and/or aspects of the game in great detail. When you post in detail, it's best to use all the factual information you can obtain in order to make your theory more presentable and well-established. Yes, it may seem idiotic at times because it looks to be more of a chore than interest; however, sometimes it's only professional to use the correct terms. You don't call the ocean "bluey" just because it's blue and simple to remember.

Great point Infest.

Well everyone knows him as TEDD so what is the problem?

The problem is that is NOT his name. What if I called you Jimmybob because I thought it accentuated your character?

In fact TEDD is way better than the driver

Really? That is completely subjective! I think the Bus Driver is a much formal and more eloquent name than some human name.

as TEDD is somewhat of a character in the game.

There are many, more important characters with more obscure names, like the Mexican, or Patient Two-Six, or Patient 13225, or the Pentagon thief.

If everyone understands TEDD as being the bus driver, knowing who and what TEDD is, then it is the exact same.

Who do you define as everyone? Anyone who actually played the game, and then comes on the internet to find the atrociously incorrect information will have never heard of this "TEDD" person.

Call TEDD "The Evil Monster" if you want. If the understanding is there then there is no problem.

The GAME LITERALLY CALS HIM the Bus Driver.

TEDD is way better and more fitting than "the driver".

Opinions being used in place of facts is always a sign for the worst.

To be honest, TEDD would not appreciate this thread. He's already missing an arm and stuck driving a bus in an endless loop route. He can't be too happy.

The Bus Driver would love this thread. He's missing two arms, and he is physically connected to a bus with his GPS malfunctioned. Not to mention that the ungrateful passengers he is driving around decided to "change" his name. He'd be happy if someone would call him by the name he was concepted with. My name is a part of me, and I wouldn't want people calling me by something that was not my name. Treyarch has said he is called the Bus Driver. So if you want to take his perspective, it would be INSULTING to use something other than his name.

Since when did semantics and language cross over into the realm of understanding and knowledge.

Since the birth of science.

http://www.semantic-science.org/

I believe it's fair to call "Him" The Avogadro. That name was used in the leaks and the Avagadro constant is used in the strategy guide in the section where he shows up.

Of course, I'll always accidently call him The Avocado but thats just me

I would call him his real name but i always forget it :oops:

I learned avogadros law and his number theory crap well before I realized that it wasn't even his name.

3 days of wasted study, because of a "fan name".

I won't say it ever bothers me to read Avogadro or TEDD, because it doesn't. But in that case I was looking to help the community and got nowhere because of falsified used of a characters name.

Bus driver is fine, I mostly just refer to him as the bus though, without him the bus couldn't function so I just say, "I hate the bus, or I love the bus" as an example...I don't really love the bus lol

On the plus side if I ever meet a hot physicist, I can make myself look smart for about 10 minutes :lol:

So, if Bus Driver is too long, call it B.D. or 'Bud'.

We just call it the bus and forget the driver.

Also, it seems that if I go up to bd, and aim at the green button on the dash, hit x, he wants to leave. Is it coincidence or does this work?

I keep assuming it is just from me going on the bus, but when I do, he doesn't usually beep. But if i do the green button x thingy, he beeps. Like a 'hurry up' button. Originally, i was hitting x while facing bd, but it was random. Now, xing the green button usually works.

It's probably just the unsanity...

@Tattoo: Well the Bus Driver IS the bus. He and the bus are one in the same. He's connected to it. So that of what you said is logical.

@Flammenwerfer: I am surprised they haven't changed it yet. When I have a problem with the Wiki, I don't change it. I tried that once; ignorant people stopped me.

@83457: Lol, well BuD actually makes sense; it has reason behind it.

Ugh. Every time I hear the phrases "Hanford site," "Johnny cab," or "Who else is disappointed?" it's like a mouthful of hot coals. We get it people.

I know others might not know that, especially since there are lots of new members, but damn. Those 3 phrases have been used here well over 9000 times.

[/crazymode]

I agree. Ive become bitter about it, but i guess with a flood of new members thats what you get. Im sure i stepped on some peoples toes when i started posting too but thankfully people have been respectful and nice about it.

Nice Johnny Cab reference tho. I have been trying to put my finger on what the bus driver reminds me of forever!