Many of you know of my idea for a perk, Knife-Aid. I've never made it it's own thread, but I figure I will, and provide as much technical information as possible.

First off:

Effects:

-Increases knife lunge distance to the same distance as Commando.

-Doubles Knife damage

-increases weapon switch speed like Scout, increasing the speed of knifing as a result.

Now a little more in-depth.

The normal range of the knife lunge is 128 units. (whatever those are) Commando increases this range to 176 units. Knife-Aid would do the same.

The power of your knife fluctuates, making this perk potentially next to pointless. 

-=- (after Knife-Aid)

Basic Knife: 100 -=- 200

Bowie Knife: 1000 -=- 2000

Ballistic Knife: (or it's variant if it doesn't return) 500 -=- 1000

Krauss Defribulator: 1000 -=- 2000

Krauss + Bowie: 1500 -=- 3000

It's obvious which one you'd want.

It's benefits stretch past Knifing. Switch and raise time is halved, like Scout pro. Giving you an advantage by knifing faster, and allowing you to switch to your wonder weapon faster when you get swarmed. 

Well, that's it. Now it has it's own thread. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hey I know this is kind of like useless perk for high rounds but I love it. It would be so much fun to knife away those zombies for good 10+ rounds instead of just 10 rounds :D Nice post man. [brains]

If you can do double damage, you'd have a one knife kill up to round 18 (might be wrong) as opposed to 13 with the PaP ballistic + bowie. The zombies health multiplier at round 10 becomes 1.1 per level doesnt it? Oh muh gawd I want...

Personally, I don't really need a knife perk. And this is in the wrong catagory.

I know it's in the wrong section, blame whichever of the Dwellers that moved it from "Treyarch's Next Game".

"

Hey I know this is kind of like useless perk for high rounds but I love it. It would be so much fun to knife away those zombies for good 10+ rounds instead of just 10 rounds :D Nice post man. [brains]

Alot of Perks are worthless in the higher rounds, Speed Cola, Stamin-Up, Deadshot Daiquiri, Double Tap,and this one would serve you well at least into the high-twenties.

PLUS: Switching weapons faster would allow you to get to the wonderweapon in "OHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT!" Situations.

I love knifing and get sad when it's no longer a good option for killing zombies.

Neat idea Tankeo. They'd need to add knife lunging to the PC version before implementing this perk though.

You can't lunge on the PC? That should be an easy enough fix, and even then it could just be "PC padded" like Deadshot.

Bad idea is bad.

Well, it has potential...

The lunge factor is bad; ever went to knife a Zombie at close range and it lunges you into the horde? Yeah, that's wouldn't be swell.

Also: why would we need more damage? We have the Bowie Knife/Sickle for that.

IMO, I don't think we need ANY new perks. Just put them ALL on one map, and we'll be fine. Oh, and allow more than four perks at a time.

Bad idea is bad.

:? ... :cry:

The lunge factor is bad; ever went to knife a Zombie at close range and it lunges you into the horde? Yeah, that's wouldn't be swell.

Well, you must be very bad at aiming, because that's never happened to me.

Also: why would we need more damage? We have the Bowie Knife/Sickle for that.

Yeah, because being able to knife for 10 minutes on the way to round 10 and almost never do it again (unless you get the Ballistic Knife, which is a rare box pull) because it's so freaking ineffective is just dandy.

Besides, this perk is supposed to synergize with the Bowie Knife, as buying it on it's own is next to pointless.

This perk is supposed

Honestly, the knifes in general are next to pretty fuckin useless after the mid 20's or so, even if you've gotta bowie/sickle. Their should at least be some way to upgrade the bowie knife if not have a perk that increases the damage of them.

I also think it would cool if you had the bowie/sickle that zombies would occasionally "jump" you and you can decapitate or shank their neck, similar to when a dog pounces on you.

Not sure about the lunge distance, but everything else sounds good. Love using the Bowie knife/Sickle so a damage upgrade would be brilliant.

I've always wanted to be able to pack a punch the knife/sickle. I can always dream...

• 8 months later...

Damage is thew obvious buff here, so yeah that's fine.

Lunge distance is not at all neccessary in Zombies. Would be awesome in MP, but not Zombies.

Instead of amping the lunge, I'd amp the reload/cool-down time. So many times I want to knife for points, but have to knife and back away because I can't spam the knife as fast as I can hit the melee stick. I'd make this disappear, so I can knife just as fast as I can hit the stick. I'd just start slicing up hordes like Edward Scissorhands.

My problem with this perk is that we already have things to increase the power of melee: We have the Bowie Knife, Ballistic Knives, and Galva-Knuckles. I love to use the Ballistic Knives, and I once held onto them up to about round 35 on Kino (7 knives, one kill. Awww Yeaaah). Yes, melee becomes next to worthless later on. Yes, I'd love to have something that increases melee power further. No, I don't think we should have a perk for it, no matter how great it would be. However, your perk description is definitely well thought out, so I'll give you that.

Honestly, the knifes in general are next to pretty fuckin useless after the mid 20's or so, even if you've gotta bowie/sickle. Their should at least be some way to upgrade the bowie knife if not have a perk that increases the damage of them.

I also think it would cool if you had the bowie/sickle that zombies would occasionally "jump" you and you can decapitate or shank their neck, similar to when a dog pounces on you.

that wou;ld be sick man!!! 1+ and 1+ to the op!

TANKEO my old frienememy! Good to see ya back!

Galvaknuckles should also be taken into effect, and they should deal a great amount of damage, they're not exactly a knife, but still a melee weapon...

I strongly support this perk as I am a total knife whore, but as for lunging, I don't think that should be messed with... Purhaps the perk can get rid of lunging at all and just make a nice clean swipe?

Clan":2gwry7at]

I strongly support this perk as I am a total knife whore, but as for lunging, I don't think that should be messed with... Purhaps the perk can get rid of lunging at all and just make a nice clean swipe?

you do know you can control how you knife most of the time right?as in more than 70% ? :D

Nah, I've never watched how I knife, ive always just knifed and not asked questions, I DO know however being pulled in while knifing is B-A-D however...

Clan":r8fh85y0]

you do know you can control how you knife most of the time right?as in more than 70% ? :D

Nah, I've never watched how I knife, ive always just knifed and not asked questions, I DO know however being pulled in while knifing is B-A-D however...

i think your joking but if ur not then u pull the left analof stick gently sideways for a slash or suddenly back to stab