ZNS Radios, Quotes, Ciphers, Scraps, etc.

Tac

This is for the Zipline Cipher in Zetsubou No Shima, using a rail fence decypher with 15 rows and an offset of 5.

I have figured out the zipline. Thank you Certainpersonio for your help on this, it's well appreciated. This is the zipline message:

"division nine project d update to group nine three five the specimens have been manufactured to be asexual we felt it was best to remove the primal urges of the sexes as this will make them far easier to control that being said they are still extremely dangerous you must have the mechanical control collars and proper frequencies set and applied when the specimens reach the juvenile stage after seeing what they are capable of your stalemate on the eastern front with the russians will soon come to an end"

I believe this is relating to the blueprints found in the dragon room behind the cracked open eggs on ZNS of the control device. Maybe we'll be able to control them in Stalingrad. Very awesome cipher! Thank you again for your help!!! ?

I will be posting a video explaining what this may mean for DLC 3 in Stalingrad!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mCtUO68jKtqfyl3dbxlrA

@Kalinine I think it's a good possibility that the underwater cipher by power (see below for reference) is actually the 5, 25 cipher. 

Spoiler

kGDVw3o.jpg

After doing more work on it to figure out exactly what type of cipher it is, my new guess is that it's a Nicodemus Cipher. This is due to transposition of both its columns and rows (see below). I'm not 100% sure of this, but what I can say is that assuming this method, you find that that the column length is 25 and that the proper start of the plaintext message is 5 rows down in the cipher text.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 10.39.39 PM.png

The other piece of evidence is that I feel both of the transposition ciphers "go together," and that their keys would as well. Since I'm very confident the newest cipher solved is the 15, 5 cipher, I think it makes it more likely that this is the 5, 25 cipher. 

Of course, we don't really know until we solve the other ciphers on the map, namely the scrap paper ciphers. And there might even be a new one waiting to be discovered still. 

• Like 1

@DragonGJY Here is the long-form of the cipher in excel. The 15 rows is easy enough to understand, but by "offset" it means that you start the zig-zag after traveling 5 lines (starting in the 6th row). It was actually important to do by hand to solve bc I helped me see that there was a secret "space" hidden as the first character of the cipher. If you want a computer to do more of the heavy lifting, check out the Geocaching Railfence Solver.

• Like 1
Just now, certainpersonio said:

@DragonGJY Here is the long-form of the cipher in excel. The 15 rows is easy enough to understand, but by "offset" it means that you start the zig-zag after traveling 5 lines (starting in the 6th row). It was actually important to do by hand to solve bc I helped me see that there was a secret "space" hidden as the first character of the cipher. If you want a computer to do more of the heavy lifting, check out the Geocaching Railfence Solver.

Thanks a lot, that helps me to study this method better.

btw, may I also have the excel file of the "Underwater Cipher" for me to comprehend better? Thanks.

New Cipher found on ZNS. It's over by the Green Water. I'm having trouble attaching the picture, but there is the link to the imgur album and here is the original post on reddit.

Here is the cipher text as best I can read it:

Kvxga pzd lwtv sb pzd Rvtxhc Xoo Fsoxgypw var zzczlqnnsjm, pxb Cupngyl qny zo vsflaxydd kwky zip eixhe laxoktr jwnl yc sar hfjksrdd gvm mzhyrryokzzh he ttu zbq Astirwyh 9 bnahlvjr ss pzd irdihm rc zecunpaa. Zd artslaa nd pngvssnjky gvip xb thlc tfnkb ii elemhwb so aokihuz if oyg jbwbuqct. Qyi ohb H bwjw fsst rhsj pyop td aioyoggszh sj kyyx idw uhnzfzqx wvde ryh qse khj czi Fmpsy.

I would put money on this being the Shino Numa cipher that's found on The List. 

• Like 2

Solved the one from the reddit post. Below is the plaintext.

While the loss of the Rising Sun Facility was unfortunate, the Emperor was so impressed with our final results that he has approved the construction of the new Division 9 facility on the island we selected. He assured me personally that he will spare no expense in advancing our research. You and I both know that what we accomplish at this new facility will win the war for Japan.

What was used was the Vigenere Cipher with the alphabet from The List and the keyword: shinonuma

• Like 3

Finally... ok...

And i think i know why they make such easy ciphers and give us a decoder list (except this one and the rail fence)

I mean: ascension cipher was pretty easy to solve with word attack because there was punctuation 

The "mother cipher" could been solved by a automatically vingenere cipher decoder...

So for what i mean: 

The clocktower cipher could be too such a cipher....

With rearranged keyalphabet vigenere... but for now i habe no clue... 

Further today i played der eisendrache again - and get to the mystery box and there is writing on it? Never saw that before... checked zns there is too something... can someone confirm that they were there all the time? Never noticed them...

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Nieno69 said:

Finally... ok...

And i think i know why they make such easy ciphers and give us a decoder list (except this one and the rail fence)

I mean: ascension cipher was pretty easy to solve with word attack because there was punctuation 

The "mother cipher" could been solved by a automatically vingenere cipher decoder...

So for what i mean: 

The clocktower cipher could be too such a cipher....

With rearranged keyalphabet vigenere... but for now i habe no clue... 

Further today i played der eisendrache again - and get to the mystery box and there is writing on it? Never saw that before... checked zns there is too something... can someone confirm that they were there all the time? Never noticed them...

It is something with different steps. Most think its just a transportation box texture, you know, with the sender, side up, watch out breakable, that kind of stuff.

Although, I am not sure it really is such thing. On the box of BO2 is also something written, is that ever solved what it means?

• Like 1
On 5/13/2016 at 3:55 AM, DCRevolutionGaming said:

This is for the Zipline Cipher in Zetsubou No Shima, using a rail fence decypher with 15 rows and an offset of 5.

I have figured out the zipline. Thank you Certainpersonio for your help on this, it's well appreciated. This is the zipline message:

"division nine project d update to group nine three five the specimens have been manufactured to be asexual we felt it was best to remove the primal urges of the sexes as this will make them far easier to control that being said they are still extremely dangerous you must have the mechanical control collars and proper frequencies set and applied when the specimens reach the juvenile stage after seeing what they are capable of your stalemate on the eastern front with the russians will soon come to an end"

I believe this is relating to the blueprints found in the dragon room behind the cracked open eggs on ZNS of the control device. Maybe we'll be able to control them in Stalingrad. Very awesome cipher! Thank you again for your help!!! ?

I will be posting a video explaining what this may mean for DLC 3 in Stalingrad!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mCtUO68jKtqfyl3dbxlrA

21 hours ago, certainpersonio said:

New Cipher found on ZNS. It's over by the Green Water. I'm having trouble attaching the picture, but there is the link to the imgur album and here is the original post on reddit.

Here is the cipher text as best I can read it:

Kvxga pzd lwtv sb pzd Rvtxhc Xoo Fsoxgypw var zzczlqnnsjm, pxb Cupngyl qny zo vsflaxydd kwky zip eixhe laxoktr jwnl yc sar hfjksrdd gvm mzhyrryokzzh he ttu zbq Astirwyh 9 bnahlvjr ss pzd irdihm rc zecunpaa. Zd artslaa nd pngvssnjky gvip xb thlc tfnkb ii elemhwb so aokihuz if oyg jbwbuqct. Qyi ohb H bwjw fsst rhsj pyop td aioyoggszh sj kyyx idw uhnzfzqx wvde ryh qse khj czi Fmpsy.

I would put money on this being the Shino Numa cipher that's found on The List. 

21 hours ago, WaterKH said:

While the loss of the Rising Sun Facility was unfortunate, the Emperor was so impressed with our final results that he has approved the construction of the new Division 9 facility on the island we selected. He assured me personally that he will spare no expense in advancing our research. You and I both know that what we accomplish at this new facility will win the war for Japan.

What was used was the Vigenere Cipher with the alphabet from The List and the keyword: shinonuma

@Tac

Nice work on the Cipher Solving 

• Like 3

Get another question rolling in.

Was reviewing all the cipher today and I came across the "Cryptogram Cipher" that was located in the wrecked plane.

I wasn't too familiar with cryptogram. Could someone explain a little about how the decoder " 15, AUROBELISCDFGHJKLMNPQSTUVWXYZ " was used in this process?

I tried it myself, and I feel it is possible to figure out the letter substitutions by trials.

@DragonGJY A cryptogram cipher is a mono-alphabetic substitution, AKA simple substitution. You substitute one letter of the plaintext with one letter of the cipher text and one letter only. In our case, the key was: "15, AUROBELISCDFGHJKLMNPQSTUVWXYZ". The 15 denoted the offset of the alphabet. Below is the alphabet with the start highlighted.Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 4.32.00 PM.png

The "AUROBELISCDFGHJKLMNPQSTUVWXYZ" is fairly quick to spot. The "15" in the key apparently means that the 15 of the plaintext is the same as 15 in cipher text. Certainly would not have been my first guess as how to use the 15, but there you go.

• Like 1
  • Administrators

I've been looking into the ciphers and holy crap, was I going about it the wrong way. For example, I would take an encrypted text, use monoalphabetic substitution, and THEN try Vigenere. Are there some ciphers that work along the lines of using two different cipher system, or is it mostly just one cipher than has two keys in it, such ass an offset + keyphrase?

Additionally, that means there's only one cipher left - the scraps, correct?

@InfestLithium Blundell did confirm that there was a cipher in BO3 that is double-enciphered. Specifically it was during Milo's interview, and it was for "all of BO3", not just before ZNS. My point being that you're basically describing a process of double-encipherment, which has been confirmed.

And yes, only the scrap papers remain on ZNS. Its unclear at this point if they are 2 separate ciphers or are linked into 1 cipher with key and plaintext.

On 15.5.2016 at 3:57 PM, WaterKH said:

Has someone actually try to solve this with word attack? Its clear that division is the word we search....

I tried to play around for the last 30 mins but i dont see a clue to get a keyword or the used alphabet...

26 minutes ago, WaterKH said:

We had a clue from The List, otherwise it would probably be somewhat difficult to find since it uses a different alphabet. (:

Yeah yeah i know that we solved it with the list ...and it wasnt only a clue it was the solution to be honest...

I talked about to face such a cipher without the solution... even with the the word "division" which was clear in the cipher i dont know how this should work

45 minutes ago, Kalinine said:

Someone on reddit put the two scrap papers together and found a link between them, I tried myself and it works!1464194621-scrapcipher.png

I didnt have skills in photoshop or photoshop at all -did someone on reddit worked it out already? 

Edited by Nieno69